Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Profile for Ricardo J. Torres > Reviews

Browse

Ricardo J. Torres' Profile

Customer Reviews: 28

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Ricardo J. Torres RSS Feed (Toledo, Oh. USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Elegant Comfort® Luxury Micro-Fleece Ultra Plush Solid Blanket, Full/Queen, Orange
Offered by Bespolitan
Price: $25.00
2 used & new from $22.00

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, January 10, 2015
Shedding is the worst I have ever seen. Only good enough to give the dog.

Godsmack - Mens Cd Cover T-shirt Large Black
Godsmack - Mens Cd Cover T-shirt Large Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, October 27, 2014
Washed it twice so far. Minimal fading and sharp colors on the picture. Worth yhe price I paid.

MTM 50 Round Flip-Top Ammo Box 380/9MM Cal (Green)
MTM 50 Round Flip-Top Ammo Box 380/9MM Cal (Green)
Price: $1.99
13 used & new from $1.87

3.0 out of 5 stars Serves it's purpose, May 6, 2014
I buy ammo in bulk and they sometimes come in loose without boxes so I load these up for range day.
It is a plastic box that holds 50 rounds with a snap top that doesn't come loose so I have no complaints. I do prefer the 100 round boxes with the see thru lids over these however.

Gould & Goodrich B803-G19 Gold Line Three Slot Pancake Holster (Black) Fits GLOCK 19, 23, 32
Price: $47.54
18 used & new from $40.41

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it., May 6, 2014
This is my first OWB holster as well as my first leather holster, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I will say it is built with quality in mind and is very comfortable when both standing and sitting. I have four IWB holsters and they are fine, but it is nice to have my pants back and I prefer how high this holster keeps my gun.
For as heavy as a Glock 19 is, this holster along with a high quality leather gun belt keeps the firearm snug against my side and high enough that the muzzle doesn't peek out from the bottom of my Blackhawk 1700 shirt and the thumb break is easy to unsnap and snap and is positioned where my thumb naturally rests.
The ONLY criticism I have is that the holster is about 1/4 inch longer than the gun and I prefer the holster to be flush with the barrel or slightly shorter but for the money, I would recommend this holster to anyone.

Blackhawk Men's 1700 Shirt (Slate, XX-Large)
Blackhawk Men's 1700 Shirt (Slate, XX-Large)
Price: $36.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend., March 12, 2014
Very well made and comfortable. I carry a Glock 19 IWB and the shirt is long enough to conceal the handle as well as the belt clip.

Kershaw Tremor Serrated Folding Lock Back Serrated Knife
Kershaw Tremor Serrated Folding Lock Back Serrated Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars Made in China!, May 2, 2013
But far from being crap, like someone who gave it a one star review seems to think.
I lost count of how many knives I own but it is somewhere around 70, ranging in price from a .50 cent gas station knife up to a $485 CRK Sebenza.

For $20 this knife is absolutely tip top! Fit and finish is superb, including a stonewashed blade AND liners. There are no gaps between the liners and the G10 scales, no cut out marks around the exposed edges of the liners, and all surfaces are smooth and even. The edge grind is perfect, this is one of a very few knives that I own where the grind is centered and didn't need to be re-profiled after I opened it. All fasteners on this knife are torx head. Body and clip screws are T6, and the pivot screw is T8. With a few exceptions, this is an industry standard.

The assisted opening fires hard and lock up is solid, no blade play in any direction and one hand closing is very easy.

Soon after buying this knife, I found out Kershaw discontinued it, so I immediately ordered another but the plain edge version, which I actually prefer.

If you think you might like a big, heavy knife for edc or any reason, do yourself a favor and consider the Kershaw Tremor.

Spyderco Delica4 Lightweight FRN Flat Ground PlainEdge Knife (Green)
Spyderco Delica4 Lightweight FRN Flat Ground PlainEdge Knife (Green)
Price: $58.80
43 used & new from $58.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A true gem, October 2, 2012
I have bought, sold and traded a few Spyderco's in my day. This is one that I will not get rid of.

Most people prefer a 1-1 ratio handle to blade, this knife has a bit longer handle which gives me a perfect 4-finger grip. The handle just about forces my hand into a comfortable position.

Kershaw Salvo Pocket Knife
Kershaw Salvo Pocket Knife

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, September 21, 2012
Pros: great looking knife
frame lock
perfect blade length
razor sharp
solid lockup
comfortable in hand
thin profile

Cons: plastic washers
trac tech is too aggressive
crappy thumb stud

In my opinion, the cons outweigh the pros because I bought this as an EDC knife. I don't care where a knife is produced as long as quality is built into it and plastic washers are not quality. I have a Ka-Bar warthog and a Gerber Freeman. Both made in China, both with plastic washers, and both considerably cheaper.

I consider an EDC blade as light / medium duty, so it doesn't need traction that is so aggressive that I cant comfortably keep my hand in the same pocket as my knife. This was the first thing I noticed after receiving this knife. The trac tech digs into the back of my hand in the pocket.

Kershaw seemed to go for style over function with the low profile, almost non-existent thumb stud. You need considerable pressure and force to deploy the blade and after the first night of playing with it, my thumb hurts.

I will keep this blade but as far as EDC goes I have an Ontario Rat 1 and Spyderco Tenacious that fill the role much better.

Kershaw 1550ST Blackout Partially Serrated Folding Knife
Kershaw 1550ST Blackout Partially Serrated Folding Knife
Offered by BlackOut Supply
Price: $53.06
65 used & new from $49.62

1.0 out of 5 stars At least I didn't pay money for it, September 15, 2012
This review is from: Kershaw Blackout Knife (Sports)
And you shouldn't either, unless you want a knife with no lock that opens in your pocket and slices the crap out of your finger. This knife was re-gifted to me from someone who said they had no use for it. Even though I am not a big fan of Ken Onion designs, I do like this one. It looks good, locks up solid, and is comfortable in hand.

The problem is that the assisted opener sucks! There is absolutely nothing holding it back. I dropped this thing one time on my hardwood floor from about 2 feet and it sprung open. At the time I didn't think much of it until about a week later when I had it in my pocket and it opened. When I get the 4 stitches out there will be a nice 2 centimeter scar on the side of my pinky finger.

I destroyed the knife and discarded in the steel hopper at work.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2015 2:46 PM PDT

Spyderco Ladybug3 FRN H-1 Hawkbill, Yellow
Spyderco Ladybug3 FRN H-1 Hawkbill, Yellow
Price: $42.36
40 used & new from $40.23

5.0 out of 5 stars sweet., September 14, 2012
I had this little gem in the pocket of my swim trunks every day for a week while I swam in Lake Superior and forgot to take it out when I got home. When my wife found it after removing from the wash machine there was not a spot of rust anywhere. The serrations don't look like much but trust me when I tell you they are wicked sharp. I lightly ran my finger tip along the blade and gave myself a nice gash for my trouble.
Some people have compared this to 99 cent gas station knives because of it's size but I can say that it has all the quality built into it that you would expect from any Spyderco knife.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3