Profile for J. Turner > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. Turner RSS Feed (E. Kingston, NH USA)

Odorless Cloth Diaper Pail (7 gallon: 1-2 days)
Odorless Cloth Diaper Pail (7 gallon: 1-2 days)
Offered by Maison Drake
Price: $43.99
5 used & new from $31.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Tricky Start, July 24, 2012
If anyone else is having a problem with the filter in this product the trick is that it unscrews apart, not pulls apart. Meg from Be By Baby was super helpful and prompt getting back to me on what the issue was. Wish the manufacturer provided instructions that would have saved me from the get go, but other than that it seems like a fabulous product.

Ruhlman's Twenty: 20 Techniques 100 Recipes A Cook's Manifesto
Ruhlman's Twenty: 20 Techniques 100 Recipes A Cook's Manifesto
by Michael Ruhlman
Price: $22.60
128 used & new from $6.34

5.0 out of 5 stars A "Must Have" for the serious home cook, September 23, 2011
This book is in one word "Excellent". I previously purchased Ratio which I use for many things as a reference and it's an excellent one, but Twenty is so much more. Between the excellent tips, techniques, and recipe ideas (and I say idea in that you're encourage to make every recipe your own) and the amazing photography by his wife Donna Turner Ruhlman which is not only artistically enticing but well thought out to give you the feel that you don't have just a book you have a kitchen companion. I've been reading a few pages every night, using post-it flags to mark what I wanted to try, but gave it up quickly because I was just putting one on almost every page. I've already made the "Perfect Roasted Chicken" which indeed, to me, was just awesome... finally crispy skin all over the chicken! I'm sure I'll have more things to say as I try more of the concepts, but if you're even considering buying this book, do it. It will definitely be my Christmas gift to family and friends.

Zojirushi CV-DSC40 VE Hybrid Water Boiler and Warmer, Stainless Steel
Zojirushi CV-DSC40 VE Hybrid Water Boiler and Warmer, Stainless Steel
Price: $160.27
31 used & new from $118.36

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, August 28, 2009
The water heater is a really great product, large capacity, and keeps water at a boil for continuously for instant access.

Witness: Book One of All Prophets Are Liars
Witness: Book One of All Prophets Are Liars
by Bill Blais
Price: $23.94
3 used & new from $23.94

4.0 out of 5 stars Once your hooked, you're really hooked., March 31, 2008
Let me start by saying that when I got to the last page, I was so depressed the book was over! I was left wondering just how long it's going to take to publish book two. The feeling was similar to how I felt when the "Fellowship of the Ring" movie ended and I realized I was going to have to wait another year to see the next one, and not because I didn't know what was going to happen, I was just so engrossed in the visualization of the story.

Witness didn't quite start out for me that way. It took about a quarter of the book for the characters to start developing into ones I could tell apart so that I wasn't struggling to remember them. If I have one critique of the book it would be that you don't get quite enough of the supporting characters early enough to immerse yourself in the plot. There are so many different characters with either similar or difficult to recognize names that I found myself confused on several occasions and had to go back and re-read so I could understand the plot.

However, that said, after I got past my early confusion, the book drags you under with its fast-paced, twisting and turning plot that leaves you thinking "Wow, I didn't see that coming" at the end of every chapter. I had to force myself to put it down, and now that it's over I'm chomping at the bit to see what happens next.

Night Sessions
Night Sessions
Offered by Fulfillment Express US
Price: $11.90
86 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent..., December 20, 2001
This review is from: Night Sessions (Audio CD)
This album was truely magnificent. Smooth is a perfect description and Botti's talent is highlighted admirably... of course Dominic Miller's addition is obvious and adds that extra little bit that makes this album wonderful. I completely disagree with the reviewer who feels the album is dull. Unfortunately, if you're looking for a pop hit I guess that it could be viewed as such... but I think Sting himself would completely disagree. Yes Sting's song is excellent, but so is the rest of the album... Especially Easter Parade.