Profile for Logan H. > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Logan H. RSS Feed

Glee: Season 2, Volume 1
Glee: Season 2, Volume 1
DVD ~ Lea Michele
Offered by Monkey Gamez Media
Price: $19.64
34 used & new from $0.14

4.0 out of 5 stars Glee returns with an odd blend of great episodes mixed with some majorly dissapointing ones..., February 6, 2011
This review is from: Glee: Season 2, Volume 1 (DVD)
It is no question whatsoever that "Glee" was and is one of the most surprising and random television hits in recent years. It literally came out of nowhere and single-handedly took over not only popular TV, but the iTunes charts as well. The stars were hurtled headfirst into the limelight and all became instant icons in the entertainment business. After an absolutely insane first season chock-full of hit CD and DVD releases, a sold-out select-city concert tour, and spots on nearly every gossip magazine cover in the country, "Glee" was indeed an huge instant success. Despite its extreme popularity in every aspect of the word, many doubted whether or not it would be able to keep shining in the years to come. Now, "Glee" has been back with its sophomore season for a while now- did it live up to its predecessor? Basically.
Season Two of "Glee" is an extremely disgruntled mix of completely brilliant episodes with memorable dialogue and nail-biting drama, as well as a few really, really crappy episodes that are truly not at all memorable.

The DD Group: An Online Investigation Into the Death of Marilyn Monroe
The DD Group: An Online Investigation Into the Death of Marilyn Monroe
by David Marshall
Price: $25.19
30 used & new from $18.68

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST book on the death of Marilyn Monroe I have EVER read., January 15, 2011
After reading COUNTLESS books on Marilyn Monroe's untimely and extremely mysterious death, I was beginning to get frusturated about the fact they were all very biased and didn't even offer up any other explanation except theirs, which most of the time unfortunately was based on the lies of Robert Slatzer (AKA: Mr. Fraud). The books were all saying that Marilyn's death was a straight-up, no-question MURDER. Don't get me wrong, it's fine if you think that it was happened, but please don't ignore the evidence that the murder theory was completely blown out of proportion by people trying to profit off of Marilyn's image.
Around the time I was starting to get ready to give up on trying to find out what really happened to Hollywood's most iconic legend, a friend of mine recommended that I read "The DD Group." I was hesitant at first to spend another sum of money on a Marilyn book, considering I already owned pretty much every other one in publishing history, but in the end after my friend convinced me that it was amazing and was a really great read, I decided to buy it and see what all of my friend's hype was about.
I am glad I did! "The DD Group" is a F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C book on the death of Marilyn Monroe. It is BY FAR the best I have ever read on the subject at hand. I'm so glad someeone finally took ALL of the evidence and rumors surrounding Marilyn's demise and layed it all out to examine every bit of it, without leaving anything out, and to form a sensible theory that really makes sense.
I won't give away what the group decided was the real truth, because that would be destroying the book's interestingness, but I will say this: if you are a Marilyn Monroe fan yearning to know what really happened to her, you need to READ THIS BOOK!!!!

Awakened (House of Night, Book 8)
Awakened (House of Night, Book 8)
by P. C. Cast
Price: $6.46
540 used & new from $0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Instead of "Awakened", it should have been "put to sleep"..., January 7, 2011
So- I started reading House of Night around two years ago, and absolutely LOVED the series up until the 7th "Burned", which in my opinion, was a fail. I felt like the authors were dragging out the series, and that the story was starting to get old. Seriously, they plan to write TWELVE of these books? HOW? "Burned" wasn't completely terrible, but was a definite downfall compared to the previous six books. It was just all over the place, and the plot was a total mess. The way the authors skipped from different characters' points of views was really confusing the way it was done, and I had a hard time finishing reading the book because the story was so jumbled!
Despite my dissapointment with "Burned", I still decided to buy this one, "Awakened", just in case maybe "Burned" was just a little stumbling point, and the authors would bounce back with this one.
Unfortunately, that did not happen. I found "Awakened" to be just as drug-out and confusing as "Burned", and what's worse, this one is BORING! It's SOOOOO pathetically stretched out, and the authors tried to put character deaths in there to try to keep your interest.
I am DONE with this series. I'm sorry, but I can't take the dissapointment any more. I spent $17.99 on this book, and I have to say it was a waste. It really sucks that a good series has gone down the drain like this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2011 7:44 AM PST

Loud
Loud
Offered by cdgiveaways
Price: $12.19
67 used & new from $0.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Rihanna is back yet again with her best album ever!, January 1, 2011
This review is from: Loud (Audio CD)
"Loud" was probably one of the most anticipated albums of 2010... did it live up to its expectations? YES.
While Rihanna's previous album "Rated R" was indeed an overall success, producing a slew of hit singles as well as a high-grossing concert tour, it was a slight disappointment for fans who liked her fun, sassy, catchy Pop songs that burned up the clubs. "Rated R" was a very dark album, reflecting the very dark phase in RiRi's life after her abuse by Chris Brown. The music on the album reflected that mood exactly, and while some praised her creativity and daringness to do something new, some felt that the album was a complete letdown.
NOW- Rihanna has returned to the dance floor with a passion. "Loud" is a nearly stellar Pop record... with only eleven songs, it manages to be, in my opinion, her finest work to date. The songs on here are all different from one another, with each of them having their own little bit of magic that make them great listens.

1. S&M (10/10)- The album kicks off with the dirtiest song of Rihanna's career... she sings "I may be bad, but I'm perfectly good at it; Sex in the air, I don't care, I love the smell of it; Sticks and stones may break my bones, but chains and whips excite me" over a throbbing beat practically made for the clubs. Anyone who loves a hot, slutty dance jam will immediately fall in love with this one. Rumor has it that this will be the album's 3rd single... if so, I'm VERY curious to see the music video!
2. What's My Name (Feat. Drake) (10/10)- A slightly Carribean-style track that is one of the best on the album... the hook is probably the catchiest I've heard in quite some time, and Drake's verse just adds to the song's overall greatness. Perfect song with a beautiful music video!
3. Cheers (Drink To That) (10/10)- Just one of those songs that is perfect to play at the bar after a long week... Rihanna sings "Cheers to the freakin' weekend, drink to that, yeah yeah" while a snippet of Avril Lavigne's "I'm With You" plays in the background. Some may find Avril's voice ("yeah-a-yeah,yeah-a-yeah") to be annoying, but I think this song wouldn't be what it is without it. One of my overall favorites!
4. Fading (9/10)- A lot of people are dissing this song and saying that it sucks and is too generic, but honestly, I think it's absolutely beautiful. Her vocals are perfect and the hook will be stuck in your head for hours... anyone in a troubled relationship will easily relate to this one. At the end of the day, it probably is my least favorite song on the album, but it's STILL very enjoyable.
5. Only Girl (In The World) (10/10)- Probably the overall best Dance/Pop song of 2010. This one is really hypnotic and sort of puts you in a trance at first, but then you hear the EXPLOSIVE chorus and it just makes you want to dance until the end of time! STELLAR song, and one of the greatest of her entire career.
6. California King Bed (10/10)- I can't get over how gorgeous this song is... she sounds so beautiful, and her vocals just blow me away! I have yet to share this song with someone who doesn't find it to be incredible! Definitely one of the best and most emotional songs on here.
7. Man Down (100/10)- I LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEE this song SOOOOO much! It's my absolute favorite song she has ever done! It's basically a song about killing someone and running off so you don't go to jail for it, so it's sort of a demented and twisted track, I guess, but it's just SO damn good! She sings "oh, Mama, Mama, Mama, I just shot a man down in central station, in front of a big ole crowd; I better get out of here before I end up behind bars".... this song is SO catchy and perfect!
8. Raining Men (Feat. Nicki Minaj) (10/10)- I've heard a lot of crap about this song since the album came out, and I honest to goodness can't figure out why! I think this track is a perfect little Pop song that will most certainly be a radio hit... the lyrics are fanntastic, and Nicki's verse is totally hillarious! The best line in the whole song is this: "All you need to know's that I'm a 2X5, load it cock it aim it baby, BOOM, bye bye!"... hahahaha... SO FIERCE!
9. Complicated (9/10)- A brilliantly inventive track that shows off her diverse vocal abilities. The beat in the background is constantly changing so that it never gets boring, and the lyrics are extremely well-written. I have to be in the mood to listen to this one because it's very different and sort of eclectic, but when I do listen to it, I freaking love it!
10. Skin (10/10)- OH MY GOD... I'm going to be completely honest with you, this song will make you want to have sex! It is SO HOT and the beat is very R&B-style addicting... it even has a guitar solo at the end!!!! OMFG!!!!!
11. Love The Way You Lie (Part 2) (Feat. Eminem) (10/10)- At first, when I found out they were making a sequel to "Love The Way You Lie", I was completely outraged because I thought they shouldn't be messing with such an epic masterpiece... but when I actually heard Part 2, I fell in love with it. The lyrics are gorgeous, and you can tell Rihanna is very into this song and emotional with it because she's thinking about Chris Brown.

OVERALL- this album is fantastic, and anyone who doesn't have it who loves great Pop music should go buy it immediately, because you're really missing out!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 23, 2011 11:00 PM PST

Images of Marilyn Monroe
Images of Marilyn Monroe
by Staff of Parragon Publishing
27 used & new from $6.02

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL book for Marilyn fans!, December 30, 2010
I was lucky and found this book on sale for $2 at a local store, and it was a well-spent $2! I'm a huge Marilyn fan and love all of her work, and I must say this book is VERY cool! It's got loads of gorgeous pictures in it, and best of all, they have captions along with them describing exactly what the photos are of. The book goes in chronological order, going all the way from her first modeling photos when she was still just Norma Jean, all the way to her final shots on the set of her last uncompleted film "Something's Got To Give."
This book is a great gift for Marilyn Monroe fans looking for some great shots of the world's most legendary Hollywood actress.
-LCH

The Complete Wreck (A Series of Unfortunate Events, Books 1-13)
The Complete Wreck (A Series of Unfortunate Events, Books 1-13)
by Lemony Snicket
Price: $109.39
78 used & new from $54.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Got this box set for Christmas, and I LOVE it!, December 30, 2010
I was very excited when I unwrapped this under my Christmas tree this year... these were always some of my favorite books when I was in late Elementary and early Middle school. I just loved the story and found the books to be great page-turners. I was always waiting for the next book to come out, and I felt so sad when "The END" was released because it was the last in the series. I felt like he could have kept going for at least a few more, simply because the story really wasn't over yet and he left a lot of loose ends in the plot.
Through the years, as I left childhood and progressed into teenhood, I sold my original copies of these books to a used bookstore somewhere. I am now sixteen, and a Sophomore in high school. When my Mom asked me what I wanted for Christmas this year, I told her I wanted this box set because I had given all of my copies away but wanted to re-read the series after reminiscing about it with some friends. So, under the tree this year, I found that "Santa" had gotten it for me! Yay! I can't wait to read this books again- I'm sure I'll fall in love with them once more. The box set itself is pretty cool, too... a lot of beautiful artwork by Brett Helquist featuring Count Olaf's many incarnations, and a GORGEOUS large photo on the back that shows the orphans standing around a tree.
These books are FANTASTIC- any young person who hasn't read them should do so sometime. Or any older person for that matter, 'cuz the way things are looking now, I don't think I'll ever be too aged to enjoy them!
-LCH

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years)
Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years)
by Gregory Maguire
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $6.00
544 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite book of all time!, December 30, 2010
"Wicked" is an AMAZING novel... Gregory Maguire takes the story of Oz that we've known since we were kids and flips it around, supplying it with a whole new life that makes us see the tale in a fresh, if not disturbing, light.
The novel follows the life of Elphaba Thropp, a girl born green who grows up to become the infamous Wicked Witch of the West. But don't expect this to simply be another incarnation of the original "Oz" story- in "Wicked", Maguire delves deeper into the background of the Witch herself, and attempts to reveal why she is considered to be so evil in the first place. He tells her story, and it is interesting to see the whole "Dorothy kills the witch with water" event through the Witch's point of view.
The novel deals with the timeless question of good and evil- what are they, and do they really exist at all? It is also delves into a lot of philosophy and moral study, which always seem to make for an interesting read.
"Wicked" is the perfect novel for Fantasy lovers. It is VERY in depth and will probably be confusing for readers under the age of 16, but for people who can understand it, it is a fantastic page-turner!

Drake Three Logo Long-Sleeved Raglan Size : X-Large
Drake Three Logo Long-Sleeved Raglan Size : X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars All Drake fans must have this!, December 29, 2010
This shirt is totally cool- all big fans of Drake like me should definitely get it! It fits very well, it's comfortable, and if you order it here from Amazon, the shipping process is normally very fast and you should have in in your mailbox within a few days!