Profile for Craig > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 121

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Craig RSS Feed (Mountain View, CA USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation: Unmasked
The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation: Unmasked
Price: $4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This wasn't written by L.J. Smith, May 18, 2014
I have enjoyed the series, but I was very disappointed that they used a ghost writer to write this book. The ghost writer doesn't have the same talent as L.J. Smith, so the story suffers. I would recommend skipping the rest of the series until L.J. becomes the author again.

Zevia All Natural Soda, Grape, 12 Ounce (Pack of 24) Frustration Free Package
Zevia All Natural Soda, Grape, 12 Ounce (Pack of 24) Frustration Free Package
Price: $21.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Only tastes like grape soda, if you have forgotten what grape soda tastes like., March 31, 2014
I have enjoyed Stevia as a sweetener, so I decided to give the grape Zevia a try. I read through the postive reviews here, which said Zevia tastes just like regular grape soda. Let me say that Zevia only tastes like regular grape soda if you have not had grape soda in about a decade, have only been drinking diet drinks, and have completely forgotten what grape soda tasted like. There is a hint of grape taste in here, but it is like the grape taste you would expect from cough syrup. It is a taste that reminds you that there isn't any grape in here. The only think in the ingredients that might be fruit, is monk fruit extract. Otherwise your grape flavoring comes from the unknown ingredient called "natural flavoring", which we all know isn't really natural. Also they cut the Stevia with a sugar alcohol called erythritol, so they can save on the cost of sweetener. I would give this a pass.

Styx Gold
Styx Gold
Price: $13.88
81 used & new from $6.50

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of good songs, and then a lot of historical songs., March 24, 2014
This review is from: Styx Gold (Audio CD)
Growing up, I wasn't much of a Styx fan, and I am still not much of a Styx fan. My friends loved them, but I was off listening to AC/DC in secret. However, I did enjoy several of their songs, so I decided to look for a greatest hits compilation that would get me the songs I enjoyed, but didn't require me to listen to any deeper cuts. I read through the reviews, and listened online to their various greatest hits albums, and this was the one that best covered my needs. I avoided the compilations that had remakes of Lady, and the ones that didn't have all the songs I wanted. This two CD set was the only compilation that had the original Lady and it managed to have every song that I was wanting to hear. As I said, I am not a fan, so there are quite a few songs on here that I have not heard, and I will probably never play again, but I really enjoyed around 18 of the songs, which is about half the compilation, and since it is being sold for the price of a single disc, it is a really good deal.

Recess
Recess
Price: $11.88
88 used & new from $3.30

2.0 out of 5 stars Seems like filler, March 24, 2014
This review is from: Recess (Audio CD)
I enjoy almost every genre of music, so I have no issues with Skrillex having a different sound on Recess when compared to his two EPs, and Recess is a different sound from Scary Monsters And Nice Sprites or Bangarang. However, I do have an issue if the songs are just not that good, and the songs on this album just aren't anything to write home about. These songs mostly seem like filler, which is a very strange thing to have to say, since I am told this is his debut album. I recommend that you get online and hear the songs first, before rushing out to buy it, because I would hate for you to spend money on an album you don't like.

Tame Yourself
Tame Yourself
Offered by KingsRidgeMedia
Price: $6.24
84 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Two good songs, February 6, 2014
This review is from: Tame Yourself (Audio CD)
I bought this album just to get the Lene Lovitch/Nina Hagen song. That song along with a live song from the B-52s turned out to be the only songs worth listening to on the album. The rest of the songs are just filler.

The Devil Inside
The Devil Inside
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $5.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Potential wasted, February 6, 2014
This review is from: The Devil Inside (Kindle Edition)
The book started out really well with a plot that had some real potential. Then the author decided that what every good plot needs is to be interrupted constantly by long graphic sex scenes. Every time the story started to get interesting, the author needed to cool it off with some new sex scene. I must have skimmed at least a third of the book, so that I could get back to the story. I don't mind a good sex scene if it builds on the story, but I can tell when an author is only using the scenes as filler for a too short story. Jenna Black showed she just wasn't really ready to right a full length novel, so she turned to sex to help her fill pages. I recommend skipping this book.

A Different Witch (A Modern Witch Series: Book 5)
A Different Witch (A Modern Witch Series: Book 5)
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not really witch central, January 14, 2014
If you have been reading the series of A Modern Witch books, then you have learned a lot about the main characters. I didn't enjoy this book in the series nearly as much as the others, because several of the characters changed personalities to accommodate the author's plot line for the new character introduced into the book. I also found the book to be much more repetitive as the same issues were revisited over and over again. In some cases, several pages almost seemed to be copied and pasted in several places within the book. It became kind of boring, which is unusual for this series. I can't really recommend this book, and it is not essential for you to read it to follow the plot of the series. However, I do recommend that you read the next book in the series. A Celtic Witch gets things going again very well.

Synthetic Leather Sleeve for iPad Mini, iPad Mini Retina, iPad Mini 2 and Acer Iconia A1-830 by Dockem; Slim, Simple, and Professional Executive Tablet Case - Soft Felt Lined Dark Brown Basic Synthetic Leather Protective Pouch Cover
Offered by Dockem
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice protection for my iPad mini with retina display, January 2, 2014
I received a second generation iPad mini in December, and I wanted something to give it a bit of protection, but that didn't really increase the size of the iPad. I looked at the Apple store, and everything there was $30 or above. Amazon cases were pretty much in the same price range until I stumbled onto this sleeve. At its much lower price, I thought I might get something really cheap or that it might not fit the newer mini, but for the price I thought I would give it a try. Let me first mention that while the start of the title of the item says "leather" this is synthetic leather and not real leather. However, it feels great. The sleeve comes in a nice dark brown color, it feels pretty soft, and best of all it is a nice snug fit on my mini. The sleeve really fits perfectly. It is tight enough so that you don't have to worry about the mini falling out of the sleeve, but not tight enough to make it difficult to put the mini in the sleeve. The sleeve doesn't add much bulk to the mini, so it slips into small compartments without any trouble. It won't give you bullet proof protection, but it will protect the mini from getting any scratches from anything that you may put in your bag. I recommend it.

Childs' Organic Cotton Flannel Handkerchiefs, Small 8"x8", Cream (Set of 3)
Childs' Organic Cotton Flannel Handkerchiefs, Small 8"x8", Cream (Set of 3)
Offered by The Organic Handkerchiefs Co
Price: $14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite handkerchief., November 30, 2013
These are awesome handkerchiefs. For ages, I have had to deal with handkerchiefs that felt rough and were not really absorbent, even though they were all cotton. These flannel handkerchiefs are the softest and most absorbent, I have ever run across. They are also well sized to fit into a back pocket with a nice rectangular fold. I will never buy regular handkerchiefs again.

California Berkeley Bears Blue VELCRO Wallet - NCAA Rico TriFold Money Clip
California Berkeley Bears Blue VELCRO Wallet - NCAA Rico TriFold Money Clip
Offered by WaveCaps
Price: $11.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun novelty wallet or a good wallet for young men., November 30, 2013
As a novelty wallet, this isn't too bad, and I do use it when I go to Cal games. I like the Cal logo and the navy blue color. However, the actual wallet isn't great for everyday use if you have a number of cards. It has four individual pockets for cards and a large pocket for cash. However, the wallet was only $12, and it would be a nice wallet for teens or kids who don't need more than a pocket for their student ID, license, medical card, and an ATM card.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13