Profile for janos > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

janos RSS Feed

Quantum Mechanics 2: Uncertainty,  Reality & Schrödinger's Cat (Everyone's Guide Series Book 11)
Quantum Mechanics 2: Uncertainty, Reality & Schrödinger's Cat (Everyone's Guide Series Book 11)
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The cat knows but we don't....., December 21, 2013
fascinating questions, still unsolved mysteries, an open door to the knowledge that nobody understands (Richard Feynman) Well written and and with a lot of care for the reader. Excellent....

Why Does the World Exist?: One Man's Quest for the Big Answer
Why Does the World Exist?: One Man's Quest for the Big Answer

4.0 out of 5 stars The Deepest Question, September 6, 2012
To publish a book with the title "Why Does The Word Exist?" takes certainly a lot of courage. I am glad Jim Holt was bold enough to go after the question of all questions: "Why is there something rather than nothing?" . This is serious question for philosophers, physicists, theologians and for every person who would like to know where we are and where we came from. How was the world born? Is a God necessary to create the Universe? Was there really the Nothing before the Big Bang? How Nothing could be turned in Something? Is Nothing possible at all? If a tiny-tiny particle, the size of which was probably a trillionth of a millimeter (coming from where?) could be inflated to bring into existence billions and billions of galaxies harboring a boundless number of planets (our Earth among the quadrillions...), can it happen again? Or can the Something disappear again into Nothing? Fascinating questions galore. Jim Hol does not promise us to the final solution of these remarkable mysteries but he does invite us to follow him on his journey looking for ideas and theories trying to solve the enigma hiding the deepest question of our existence.
The book is rich in content and fortunately easy to read. One has not to be a specialist of the quantum physics or a professor of theology to be able to understand the abundance of clever, witty and at the same time entertaining thoughts of outstanding scientists the author of the book could talk with.
Holt means that knowledge and understanding is for the curious reader. Being very curious myself I gladly read this extraordinary book that did not made big promises but really delivered quite a lot.... I bought it at Amazon for my Kindle as I keep buying books there belonging to the magic world of today's science.