Profile for David of Crystal Bay > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 38

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

David of Crystal Bay RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Sons of Anarchy Season 7 [HD]
Sons of Anarchy Season 7 [HD]
Price: $34.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazing story and casting with a disappointing end. Watch the entire series but skip the last 15 minutes. Seriously., December 29, 2014
Without exception I loved every moment of this series, until that last scene, literally. The close was a tragic, unfortunate departure from the genius that preceded it. It was trite, uninspired and disappointing. I would gladly give the creators a redo to fix this mishap of a finale. In fact, I would help fund a new ending to make this story and characters right.

Amazon Protective Cover for Kindle Voyage, Citron
Amazon Protective Cover for Kindle Voyage, Citron
Price: $44.99
2 used & new from $40.09

4.0 out of 5 stars Spendy but worth it, December 29, 2014
A smart and low profile case that adequately protects the Kindle Voyage. The design is contemporary and functional. Priced on the high side, hence the four stars, but definitely the must have case

101 pc SCREWDRIVER BIT SECURITY TAMPER PROOF SPECIALTY SET w/Ratchet Handle TORX, HEX, TRI-WING
Offered by Anytime Tools
Price: $26.95
4 used & new from $23.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Good parts, bad case., December 13, 2014
All the pieces described are in the set but they're very difficult to get out of the case. My only gripe is with the case.

Broan ACCGSFHP2 1 Year HEPA Filter Kit (Two Pre-Filters And one Hepa)
Broan ACCGSFHP2 1 Year HEPA Filter Kit (Two Pre-Filters And one Hepa)
Offered by Central Vacuum Stores, Inc
Price: $114.78
10 used & new from $113.63

5.0 out of 5 stars A+++, December 13, 2014
What can I say, it's the part specified and it works perfectly.

Amazon Kindle Voyage with Special Offers, Wi-Fi
Amazon Kindle Voyage with Special Offers, Wi-Fi
Price: $199.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Response to the most common Kindle Voyage comments, December 13, 2014
Given the nearly 1,000 reviews for the Kindle Voyage it's difficult to point to pros or cons others have not addressed. That in mind I'll give my candid opinions regarding some of the most repeated comments.

Yellow tinting on the screen – Simply put mine has a nearly imperceivable yellow hue in the top third of the screen. To be honest, I had to try and notice it. I believe the reason is that it's in many ways similar to the way light falls off on the printed page – it's a subtle gradation that actually feels natural to my eye. On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being bad and 10 being good, I consider this complaint by users to be a 0, or a non-issue. The world needs complainers and those who gripe about this are just that.

Blue lines on the screen – Don't have them, cannot comment.

PagePress being difficult to operate – I'll sum this one up by saying that simplistic tech advancements elude some people, PagePress being the latest. Before my Kindle Voyage arrived I read review after review of people complaining that they had hands that were too big to operate PagePress or they had physical conditions that made the feature difficult to use. My derriere. PagePress can be activated by gently pressing on the sides adjacent to the screen where the sensors are visible. The amount of pressure needed is less than what's needed to press the button on an iPhone or iPad, which is just this side of nothing. When pressed the Kindle Voyage gives a slight vibration and the page turns, easy as that. It's also faster than the time it would take to turn a physical page so readers can disregard those who say it's slow, that's a load of manure.

The screen resolution – I think this one has been thoroughly covered – it's divine and, in truth, the type is cleaner than some printed books I've read over the years. The screen alone is a reason to pay $199 for the Kindle Voyage with ads.

The ads vs. non-ads Kindle Voyage – I'm cheap so I accepted the ads in exchange for a slightly lower price and I'm glad I did. The ads only appear on the home screen and have in fact been of interest to me. I may even take advantage of some of the offers that have appeared. In my opinion, take the ads, save the money.

The Origami Folding Case – I had my doubts about this case but now I love it and strongly recommend it for the device. It's well designed, comes in attractive colors and works like a champ. Best of all it has a low profile.

In conclusion I love the Kindle Voyage and may buy one for my child. The reading experience on this device is a far cry from earlier models (I've used the second version and Paper White) and well worth the money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2014 1:22 PM PST

Cera Nova CH Wax 60g CH7 000 by Swix Sport
Cera Nova CH Wax 60g CH7 000 by Swix Sport
Offered by Buckman's Ski and Snowboard Shops
Price: $12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My 2˘ … Like all Swix wax this is a top-notch option for ..., December 11, 2014
Waxing advice here on Amazon is lacking. My 2˘ …

Like all Swix wax this is a top-notch option for serious racers to casual skiers/boarders. It goes on easily, melts like a champ and scrapes without issue. Despite the prescribed usage temperatures I've found this wax performs nicely at an additional 5 degrees south of the manufacturer's spectrum provided the humidity isn't to either extreme. The north end of the prescribed temperature is spotty as humidity and elevation dictate, imo. Granted I'm a an old school ski racer who is somewhat set in my ways but have decades of experience to back my opinions/beliefs.

Swix, like all wax manufacturers, would love to sell you an iron. My preference for the past 25 years has been to use a retired clothes iron to do the job, provided it maintains a consistent temperature. That means I get away with buying a 50˘ iron from Good Will rather than a $80 iron from Swix. If you prefer the latter then more power to you – I do like the wax company irons, I just don't like the price.

For scraping I avoid metal, which has become increasingly difficult to find but they are still out there. Go with a cheap plastic scraper and you'll be happy.

Corks = retired, imo.

Whirlpool 4396710P KitchenAid PUR Push Button Cyst-Reducing, Side-by-Side Refrigerator Water Filter, 2-Pack
Offered by Healthy & Pureflow
Price: $54.48
30 used & new from $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 28, 2014
Fast shipping, item as described.

New Floureon High Capacity Li-Polymer Replacement Laptop Battery for Apple A1382 (only for A1286 2011 2012 Version, not for A1286 2008 2009 2010 Version),020-7134-01, 661-5844, Apple MacBook Pro 15" Series Macbook Pro MC723LL/A MC721LL/A MD103LL/A MD104LL/A [10.95v, 77Wh]
Offered by Storm Store
Price: $69.99
2 used & new from $68.99

Whirlpool Dryer Door Handle 8559750
Whirlpool Dryer Door Handle 8559750
Offered by QuickShipParts
Price: $24.98
5 used & new from $23.66

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value. This handle has some added ribbing that ..., November 27, 2014
Fast shipping, judicious yet protective packing, excellent value.

This handle has some added ribbing that should improve strength & lessen the chance of cracking or breaking with normal use.

Installation: Remove ten Phillips screws on the inside of the door allowing the plastic door face to come off. Two more Phillips screw releases the handle. Installation is the reverse of what's stated above. This repair should take no more than five minutes with a screw gun, unless you're intoxicated, then it will take seven minutes.

Canon Battery Pack LP-E6
Canon Battery Pack LP-E6
Price: $57.00
39 used & new from $32.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for any 5D Mark III owner., October 30, 2014
What's to be said? It's an OEM battery that works perfectly, holds its charge and performs in all conditions.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4