Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Profile for Anna Hase > Reviews

Browse

Anna Hase's Profile

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Anna Hase "notabene" RSS Feed (California, US)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Kazdin Method for Parenting the Defiant Child
The Kazdin Method for Parenting the Defiant Child
by Alan E. Kazdin
Price: $11.21
190 used & new from $0.83

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not work well for preschoolers, May 9, 2016
While following the advice in this book, I found that praise does work somewhat, but the point system was completely lost on my 5.5 and 3.5 year olds. My children do respond to rewards, but it seems that good behavior has to be rewarded almost immediately, otherwise they quickly lose interest. Also, I found the reward system itself to be a problem, since they learn to expect rewards and start acting entitled and demand particular rewards and their requests get more and more outrageous every time. I had to discontinue reward system to get them back to reality. It wasn't easy, they kept bombarding me with "if I do this, can I get that" requests. I don't think I will be starting them on it again, at least for a few years, until they can understand the point system.

Silikids Siliskin Glass Training Cup, Tart, 4 Months
Silikids Siliskin Glass Training Cup, Tart, 4 Months
Price: $12.95
10 used & new from $12.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cup with some drawbacks, March 22, 2015
In my quest for the perfect non-plastic cup, I've tried a dozen of brands. This cup fits the bill for the most part.
I like that this cup is glass and thus non-toxic, can handle warmer liquids, and does not alter the taste of liquids like metal cups.
We haven't had a problem with breakage yet, although my toddler isn't super gentile with things.
The fact that the cup does not have multiple valves that have to be disassembled and cleaned is a huge plus in my book.
Now, the cons. The silicon sleeve molds easily on the inside. If the cup left out overnight, it's guaranteed to have mold spots in the morning, although
I disassemble and clean it as frequently as I can. The silicon sleeve isn't easy to remove, but I understand that it is supposed to be snug.
The small mold dots are hard to get out but they don't bother me as they don't touch the liquid itself. It's not THE perfect cup, but it pretty good if you are too fastidious.

JC Toys, " Nonis" 15-inch Lovable Doll in Cream Soft Body Play Doll with Brown Hair and Open Close Eyes- Perfect for Children 2+
13 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I was not disappointed, January 11, 2015
I bought this doll for two reasons: because of its looks and because it is made in Spain (according to the seller.)
I was not disappointed - the doll is very cute and well-made. Unfortunately, my daughters completely ignored it in favor of cheaply-made but more interactive dolls. I am keeping it hoping that one day they will come back to it. I wish though it made some sounds or took pacifier to make it more interesting for kids.

See Kai Run Quinn Flat (Infant/Toddler),Brown,7 M US Toddler
See Kai Run Quinn Flat (Infant/Toddler),Brown,7 M US Toddler

4.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable and pretty shoes but not durable, January 11, 2015
Great shoe, decent quality, soft leather, easy to put on for a toddler.
My dislikes are as following:
The toes scuff easily (took my toddler about 2 minutes on a playground to ruin a brand-new pair). The toe on this shoe should be rubberized.
After being worn for less than a month, the flower applique on one of the straps has already started to come off.

I will definitely buy this brand again, but perhaps look for a more durable style.

OXO Tot Straw and Sippy Cup Top Cleaning Set, Green
OXO Tot Straw and Sippy Cup Top Cleaning Set, Green
Price: $4.99
61 used & new from $3.82

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the greatest for cleaning toddler straw cups, January 11, 2015
This set looks very appealing and practical, but in reality it's useless.
I've used just the long brush to clean toddler straw cups and reusable water bottles - the other two brushes aren't really needed. It does an ok job on silicone spouts but way too thick for most straws and bends every time I push it through a straw. Kinda annoying and I am pretty sure it will break soon. I ended up ordering a set of Dr. Brown bottle brushes that work much better on straw cups.

My Grandma's Tales - Bilingual Stories in English and Russian (Volume 1)
My Grandma's Tales - Bilingual Stories in English and Russian (Volume 1)
by Eliza Garibian
Price: $18.99
5 used & new from $18.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Extermely disappointed, November 16, 2014
This book is a very thin paperback and is definitely overpriced. As for the content, don't expect well- known and liked Russian folk tales: these are obscure, rambling and cruel stories somewhere along the lines of brothers Grimm. I bought it for my 4- year old who loves books, and she was so looking forward to reading this one. Unfortunately, this book is completely unsuitable for a child of this age, as we came across kidnappings, robberies, slave trade, and beheading just in the two stories we picked at random. I saw a puzzled expression on my child's face, as I tried to explain myself out of this quagmire and avoid frightening her even more.. so much for a good night story. So glad i did not buy the second volume along with the first one as I initially planned.

The Difficult Child: Expanded and Revised Edition
The Difficult Child: Expanded and Revised Edition
by Stanley Turecki
Price: $11.18
280 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This book saved me at least a thousand dollars in consultant fees, August 4, 2014
I do not write many glowing reviews, but I feel compelled to do this one as a way to express my gratitude to the author. I'd attended several parenting lectures and read scores of books including "Raising your spirited child" and "Parenting the strong-willed child" which were completely useless form the applicability standpoint, the only thing I got from them is that my family was not alone in its misery.
I first checked out Stanley Turecki's book at the local library and frankly did not expect much. But as I continued to read on, I realized how valuable his advice was and I purchased the book to keep it as a reference. I've read other people's reviews complaining about some terms in the book, but you know what? These people don't have a difficult child! If they did, they would not be so "picky". I was going crazy with my daughter's antics; sleeping was especially difficult: she did not sleep even as a newborn, and at 3 y.o it took us 3.5 hrs to get her to fall asleep every night and she rarely slept thru. We had already seen a pediatric specialist for sleep disorders and I was about to hire a sleep consultant who charges on average $350 an hour and expecting to spend over $1,000 on some dubious advice. After I read Dr Turecki's chapter on sleep, I realized that I would be wasting money. Overall, as the book accurately points out, while I cannot change my child's temperament, there have been definite improvements in my child's behavior and emotional self-control, which is surely a reflection of my changed attitude and increased level of confidence as a parent - all thanks to this book.

Speedo Kids' UPF 50+ Begin to Swim Thermal Swimsuit, Blue, 2T
Speedo Kids' UPF 50+ Begin to Swim Thermal Swimsuit, Blue, 2T

2.0 out of 5 stars not impressed, August 4, 2014
the neck is really low and lets in a lot of water. My 20 mos old is chubby, yet the suit is too loose. I am keeping it hoping she'd grow into it, but next time I am looking for a thermal suit, I won't be buying this one.

Tuga Boys Thermal Sunsuit (UPF 50+), Sky Blue, 6-12mos
Tuga Boys Thermal Sunsuit (UPF 50+), Sky Blue, 6-12mos
Offered by Plangea Inc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome suit, odd sizing, August 4, 2014
Love this suit, much better than Speedo. The sizing is odd though. I got the 18 mos for my 20 mos old, but instead it fit my (admittedly small, but still) 3.5 year-old.

Aqua Sphere Women's Shorty Aqua Skinsuit, Black/Aqua, X-Small
Aqua Sphere Women's Shorty Aqua Skinsuit, Black/Aqua, X-Small
Price: $62.67
3 used & new from $62.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase, August 4, 2014
excellent fit, true to size. Love the high neck. Swimming is definitely more enjoyable now.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3