Profile for Aaron Davis > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 89

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Aaron Davis RSS Feed (Ewa Beach, HI)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
NIV Integrated Study Bible: A New Chronological Approach for Exploring Scripture
by John R. Kohlenberger III
Price: $25.83
51 used & new from $14.83

4.0 out of 5 stars A Helpful Tool, July 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I enjoyed getting to look over the NIV Integrated Study Bible. The chronological approach is very helpful for certain aspects of reading and studying scripture. It may hinder other aspects of scripture study, however. Ultimately, this is a win. If it were published in my preferred translation, I would rave about it with 5 stars.

The pros:

Everything is organized in chronological order, allowing the reader to see how certain books interact. For example, as one reads of the history of Israel in the Old Testament, one can read various prophetic books that correspond to that time. Very helpful in understanding the context of both Major Prophets and particularly, Minor Prophets. The same is true for the New Testament. One can see the life of Christ in parallel and coordinate it with the various parts of John. In Acts, one can see when certain Epistles correspond with the history of the early church.

Such an organization of material allows for reading in chronological order. This will encourage people to read through larger sections of scripture and in context. I find it is helpful to read scripture this way. For example, there is more to be gained in reading "The life of Jesus" across all the gospels rather than just a few chapters in one.

This particular Bible is printed in an easy to see typeface and bound in a sturdy hardcover.

The Cons:

It is difficult to find a particular passage at times. A thorough index would be helpful. Also, it would be nice to see a searchable Kindle edition or Logos version that would allow someone to find a passage and see it in chronological context.

This is not necessarily a con as it is personal preference. I would love to see something like this in the ESV or NASB. I am not anti-NIV, but it is not what I use daily.

All in all, this is great. The only think I would like to see is more version availability and a better index.

Iams Grain Free Naturals Chicken and Garden Pea Dog Dry Food, 9.3-Pound
Iams Grain Free Naturals Chicken and Garden Pea Dog Dry Food, 9.3-Pound
Price: $22.99
3 used & new from $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, healthy diet for your dog, June 5, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
After a time on Costco food, our dog developed a food allergy. We began to look for healthier food. This one seems to be working well. However, besides helping with the allergy, there are other benefits. We've noticed that with this food, our dog requires much less in volume and (to be frank) leaves much less in the yard. In other words, she is getting a lot more nutrition from this food.

We had previously tried: http://www.amazon.com/Iams-Sensitive-Naturals-Ocean-17-2-Pound/dp/B00HY9UVR2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1401986109&sr=8-1&keywords=sensitive+naturals+iams but it turned out that particular product began including wheat. This is a suitable substitute.

Planet Waves NS Artist Guitar Capo
Planet Waves NS Artist Guitar Capo
Price: $13.99
15 used & new from $12.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily moved, Easily adjusted, May 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I love this capo! I use a capo regularly and I really enjoy this one. It operates from the top of the neck which makes it easier to play when it is on the guitar. It also makes it very easy to change or remove. There is a tension adjustment that allows you to make it as tight or as loose as you want. I can tell I will be using this capo for years to come!

Tek-nical Case for the All New Kindle Fire HDX 7" by Incipio, Black
Tek-nical Case for the All New Kindle Fire HDX 7" by Incipio, Black
Price: $20.99
3 used & new from $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My Everyday Case, May 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have several cases for Kindle Fire, but this is my favorite. It is small so it does not add any bulk to my kindle. It also works very well for standing the Kindle up. It is very easy to put on and remove. What more could I want in a case?

Atlas Waterproof Case for Kindle Fire HDX 7" by Incipio, Black
Atlas Waterproof Case for Kindle Fire HDX 7" by Incipio, Black
Price: $44.99
6 used & new from $32.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for protection, but not as practical as other covers, May 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This waterproof case is very good when I want to take my Kindle to the beach, but not my favorite at other times. It does protect the Kindle very well, but it makes it a little bulky and interferes with the touch screen. I used it for several days but then grew tired of it and switched to another case.

I took away one star for the bulk and screen usage, but it gets 4 stars for being a very sturdy, secure case.

Srixon Marathon Golf Balls (12-Pack), White
Srixon Marathon Golf Balls (12-Pack), White
Price: $6.29
11 used & new from $5.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Tree/Water Magnatized to Make Game Even More Challenging, May 14, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This was not listed in the product description, but these balls have a very interesting feature. They have been magnetized to trees and water. That's right, every time I played these things go directly to the nearest clump of trees, lake or pond. It was incredible. It sure made the game a lot more challenging. I cannot tell you how many times my drive made a right hand curve in the air in order to get close to some trees.

This magnetization process seems to create a repulsion quality as well. When putting, the ball would veer away from the hole or stop short. Playing with these very challenging balls was fun, but it did add strokes to my game. I may need to try another manufacturer to avoid these challenges in the future, though all of my golfing buddies tell me I will find the same result no matter what ball I try. I guess this new engineering breakthrough has become the standard.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 27, 2014 2:58 PM PDT

Presto 02835 MyJo Single Cup Coffee Maker
Presto 02835 MyJo Single Cup Coffee Maker
Price: $16.99
41 used & new from $10.20

4.0 out of 5 stars Our Go-To Coffee Maker, April 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have a lot of coffee makers. I have the Mr. Coffee 12-cup pot. I have a K-cup machine. I have a coffee maker that cold brews coffee in 12-24 hours. I have an italian coffee pot that makes espresso. So, when Amazon sends me the MyJo coffee maker, I was not expecting it to join the line-up anytime soon. But I was wrong.

This little coffee maker has quickly become the go to coffee maker for making coffee in the morning. I can fill it with water, pop it in the microwave for a few minutes and brew the coffee. Here's how it works:

The detachable bottom has a place for a K-cup. A cup comes with it that allows you to put in your own coffee. The middle section (the clear part) is where you put the water. You can heat water in a kettle or fill this part with water and place it in the microwave for about 4 minutes. When hot, screw on the bottom portion and place the lit on the top. Put the entire device over your cup and press down on the top. You may need to press down a few times, but the water will move through the k-cup and you will have coffee!

It is simple and quick. What more could you want?

Incipio Hive Response Standing Case for Kindle Fire HDX 7", Blue
Incipio Hive Response Standing Case for Kindle Fire HDX 7", Blue
Price: $17.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple case with a lot of good qualities, March 27, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is probably not my style of case. I tend to prefer a book-like cover so that it covers the screen and feels more like a book when I read it (I know, weird). That being said, this case has a lot of good things about it. It is easy to grip and does not slip when placed upright. The stand works very well. In fact, this is an absolutely perfect case for upright applications.

My only complaint is that it offers no cover for the screen.

Like any case, it comes down to what you will use it for the most. Every day, I see people with their tablets upright on a table. If that is you, this case is the perfect match for your kindle HDX 7.

Medline VEN6045R Venom Steel Premium Industrial Nitrile Gloves, 50-Pack
Medline VEN6045R Venom Steel Premium Industrial Nitrile Gloves, 50-Pack
Price: $13.39
16 used & new from $6.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Good gloves for dirty work, March 20, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I had not considered using rubber gloves for things like auto work before, but I find that these have changed my mind. They have a great grip that comes in handy, and clean up is as easy as pulling them off and throwing them away. They are great for lots of other dirty work too. For example, picking up the packages that the dog leaves in the yard!

They are like any rubber glove, only stronger and with grip. Well worth it!

Creating Your Own Destiny: How to Get Exactly What You Want Out of Life and Work
Price: $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A nudge in the right direction, March 14, 2014
Patrick Snow decided that he wanted to be in charge of the direction of his life. He had a dream to become a doubt after public speaker and he chased that dream. He became a best seller with a SELF PUBLISHED book along the way.

This is the book and this is how he did it.

This book gives very practical, straight forward direction for doing the same.

I enjoyed the book and found many worthwhile things to follow up on.

the only drawback I found is that this book is in serious need of updating. some technical aspects (no need to recommend MySpace) as well as personal details (Snow is no longer married) could be updated for a more effective guide.

all in all, this is a great book to give you the push out of the rut and onto the road to your dreams

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9