Profile for Jennifer Steffen > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jennifer Steffen RSS Feed (Las Vegas NV)

Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
Price: $25.99
53 used & new from $17.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, January 9, 2009
I just got this last week, and I love it. I ran all my knives through it, except of course the serrated ones, and they are all as sharp as when I used to take them to the knife shop for sharpening. I even ran one of my cheap $4 knives through it and it's as good as new. My only disappointment is that I waited so long to buy this; I could have had it in my home instead of paying the guy at the mall to sharpen my knives.

One thing that surprised me, probably because I didn't read the product specs, is its size. It is approximately the size of a 5x7 picture frame and is about 3" tall. It's a little bigger than I thought it would be, but I am still glad I bought it.

MGA Chou Chou- Mommy Make Me Better Doll
MGA Chou Chou- Mommy Make Me Better Doll
2 used & new from $159.99

5.0 out of 5 stars the hit of Christmas for my 2-yr-old, December 25, 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
I got this for my 2-year-old daughter for Christmas, and so far it's her favorite gift. The doll cries when you press her back, and will keep crying for about a minute if you don't do anything to 'help' her. Her cheeks turn red, and when you give her her medicine spoon, she slurps it and her cheeks turn back to normal. Then she laughs.

Seems like a fun toy so far, but it's only been out of the box for about 2 hours, so I don't have any idea about its durability, or whether she will like the doll for longer than today.

My only complaint so far is that I had to look on this website to figure out how to make the doll cry. The box had no instruction book that I could find (might be in the pile of gift wrap on the floor, though), and the back of the box is pretty basic.

LG LDF6920ST Fully Integrated Dishwasher, Stainless
LG LDF6920ST Fully Integrated Dishwasher, Stainless

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best LG product I have purchased, August 7, 2008
We bought this stainless steel dishwasher about a month ago. I loved the look and the price, along with its touted quality. After many uses, however, I am not very impressed. I hope that with a different detergent I will get better results.

Pros:
-it's pretty.
-you can put a lot of plates in it.
-it's very quiet.
-it has lots of timing options.
-it has a cool sounding ding when you press the buttons (which are hidden: an added pro).
-price, considering its appearance.
-built-in garbage disposal. (I do feel that this is somewhat misleading, since if you put your dishes in with that much food on them, the likelihood of them coming out clean is low.)

Cons:
-I have only used one detergent in it (Electrasol Advanced), but have repeated trouble with unclean dishes, even when using the power scrub setting. Granted, I am putting knives coated in peanut butter in the dishwasher, but considering the brand and price, I think this is not unreasonable. The knives generally come out streaky and I have to scrub them and rewash. Ceramic plates seem to come out fine (plastic children's ones not so much, for some reason - more caked-on PB?), but I have trouble with cutlery and anything that had food stuck to it.
-the top rack does not adjust.
-the bottom rack, when pulled out all the way (like "normal" all the way, not "on the floor" all the way), ALWAYS comes off track and you have to fight with it to get it back in the dishwasher. This is perhaps my biggest pet peeve about this dishwasher.
-when opened, the handle rests on the floor. Mildly annoying, except when your foot happens to be in its path.
-due to the poor wash quality, I almost always have to use the power scrub setting.
-it seems that the wash cycle takes FOREVER. I realize I am using the power scrub setting, but really. My old Kenmore did not take nearly as long, and cleaned better. I can't believe I am saying this about a Sears product.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2012 4:29 PM PST

24 DVD Board Game
24 DVD Board Game
Offered by laurienejt
Price: $9.97
124 used & new from $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars My Daughter Loves this game, January 22, 2007
This review is from: 24 DVD Board Game (Toy)
I have to say I was surprised, but my daughter just loves this game... of course she is 1 and likes to use the box to stand on and dance on. Sometimes she uses it as a little chair and sometimes as a step to reach things she's not supposed to touch.

After playing the game twice I never thought it would escape the trash bin, but 24 the DVD game is now one of my duaghter's favorite toys.

***
Clearly, my husband hijacked my account here. So sorry. The game does totally suck, though.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2008 1:00 AM PST

Olympia Crib - Dark Pine
Olympia Crib - Dark Pine

5.0 out of 5 stars Great crib, March 10, 2006
This review is from: Olympia Crib - Dark Pine (Toy)
We bought this crib in 2005 for our daughter. I'm 5'6" and don't have a problem getting her out of the crib, although we still have the mattress on the highest level because she is young. The color and quality are wonderful (we have the cherry color), although I don't know how it will hold up once she starts teething if she bites the rail.

Two points of concern:

-many mobiles do not fit on this crib because the rails are non-standard. Keep your mobile receipts.

-since the crib was shipped from Taiwan, ours arrived cracked beyond repair. We didn't notice this until we had packed it in our car, drove it 25 miles to our house, dragged it inside and tried to put it together. Check out the pieces before you take it out of the store!

Other than that, it's a great piece. We also have the changing table,and it works very well.

Chicco Ct0.6 Capri Lightweight Stroller, Red
Chicco Ct0.6 Capri Lightweight Stroller, Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stroller, March 9, 2006
I bought this stroller a couple of weeks ago for a trip we were going on. It's a lot easier to carry around than the big ones that take the car seat. I love the 5-point harness, and it folds and unfolds pretty easily (the plastic clip is a bit unruly). The harness snap is stiff, and I've given myself a couple of blood blisters trying to close it. We borrowed a friend's older version a few months ago, and ours has some improved features:

-better canopy to cover baby

-better handles (I think they're more ergonomic)

-better undercarriage basket

CONS: I'm 5'6" and have a little trouble with the handle height. I'm not sure why someone can't make an umbrella stroller with extendable handles, but I haven't seen one for a decent price. I find that when I'm walking at a moderate/fast pace, my feet hit the wheels. I can get around this by holding on with one hand and walking beside the stroller, but it's a bit aggravating. Also, when you fold up the stroller, the wheels hit the top of the canopy and leave dirt marks. Minor, but slightly annoying when you live in a dusty area.

PROS: The 5-point harness works great for my 5-month old. The basket is big enough to carry a small diaper bag. There is no cup holder, but I hear you can purchase snap-on ones at BRU. Overall a pretty great product.

Koala Baby Jersey Knit Crib Sheet - Red
Koala Baby Jersey Knit Crib Sheet - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars soft sheet and it fits the mattress very well, August 23, 2005
I just put this on my mattress and it fits snugly. It's softer than a lot of the non-jersey cotton sheets. I like it - I hope my baby will!

Dodgeball - A True Underdog Story (Widescreen Edition)
Dodgeball - A True Underdog Story (Widescreen Edition)
DVD ~ Ben Stiller
Price: $9.38
419 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best movies of the year!, October 30, 2004
Too funny to describe. We were rolling in the ailes. If you like Vince Vaughn, you'll like this movie.