Profile for Booklover848 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 88

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Booklover848 "Booklover848" RSS Feed (Washington, DC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
The Preditorial Page (An Avery Shaw Mystery Book 5)
The Preditorial Page (An Avery Shaw Mystery Book 5)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Amazing Installment!, August 23, 2014
This series just keeps getting better! I love how strong and funny Avery is and it's great to see the love triangle really heating up! The mysteries are always solid and Amanda Lee keeps developing the characters so we get to know them better with each book! It was nice to see more of Elliot and Avery together and to get a feel for how much he cares for her but it was even nicer to see Jake tip his hand about his feelings for Avery! I think book five is going to set up some amazing plotlines for book six which can't come soon enough! This series is definitely a must read!

Silver Girl: A Novel
Silver Girl: A Novel
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars This Book Contains Unnecessary Animal Killing!, July 27, 2014
This book contains a gratuitous animal killing! When I read fiction I want to be entertained or escape and reading about an animal being killed by someone seeking revenge is NOT something I am interested in doing! I also find it irresponsible for the author to use animal slaughter as a mode of vengeance during a time when animal crimes are on the rise and penalties for animal abusers are far too low! The female protagonist of the book wants punishment for the animal killers but she also has sympathy for them because of the financial damage they suffered at the hands of her husband and she is is therefore willing to forgive numerous acts of vandalism and property damage. I have no interest in reading about people being defended for doing wrong because wrong was done to them! The characters and plot were well developed but I would not recommend this book or this author to anyone - I've already thrown my copy of "Silver Girl" into the garbage!

If/Then: A New Musical (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
If/Then: A New Musical (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
Price: $10.00
48 used & new from $7.90

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but some songs are better than others..., July 13, 2014
Good music but better live! I loved the music when I saw the show but I think the cast recording loses something on CD! It's strange because I was really looking forward to the release but I am slightly disappointed! Idina Menzel is fabulous and there are some songs that I think are standouts; "What If", "Here I Go", "The Moment Explodes", "You Learn To Live Without" and "Always Starting Over". This is one CD that I've loaded into iTunes and simply pulled the songs I really like onto CD's with other songs. WARNING: For parents or anyone listening with kids there are many songs containing explicit language so saving the CD in iTunes and burning the non-explicit songs is a good option here as well!

When the Splendor Falls
When the Splendor Falls
by Laurie McBain
95 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fairy Tale for Adult Woman!, July 13, 2014
I don't read much in the romance genre these days but this book still speaks to me! I love the characters and the truth in the storytelling with the author's depiction of the Civil War! If you are looking for a grown up fairy tale this one is for you!

The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
DVD ~ Burt Reynolds
5 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's Just Fun!, June 18, 2014
Burt and Dolly shine in this movie! Dolly is perfect as the Madam with a heart and Burt mixes macho with tenderness and outrage as the Sheriff! Great music, tons of energy and a plot that has you pulling for the prostitutes - how many movies will have you doing that?

Fast Women
Fast Women
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $8.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Witty, Smart and Sexy!, June 18, 2014
This review is from: Fast Women (Kindle Edition)
Love this book! Incredible characters, a wonderful mystery, a passionate romance, phenomenal dialogue and women coming into their own; what more could you want? A must read!

Lost Girls: An Unsolved American Mystery
Lost Girls: An Unsolved American Mystery
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: $9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Scary Because It's True!, June 18, 2014
It is amazing to me that these girls were lost in the system, often failed by their families and then ignored by law enforcement until the crimes against them became too obvious to ignore. These murders remain unsolved, a serial killer walks freely and these girls are still waiting for justice...another sad commentary on the way our country is failing it's citizens!

Foul Play
Foul Play
DVD ~ Goldie Hawn
Price: $4.63
51 used & new from $0.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and warm!, June 18, 2014
This review is from: Foul Play (DVD)
I am not a Chevy Chase fan but I love him with Goldie Hawn! They bring out something special in each other. This movie is funny, romantic, a little thrilling and perfect for a rainy night and a big bowl of popcorn!

Top Secret Twenty-One: A Stephanie Plum Novel
Top Secret Twenty-One: A Stephanie Plum Novel
Offered by Random House LLC
Price: $10.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Another Disappointing Book!, June 18, 2014
I loved the first 12 Plum books but after book 12 they started being written so poorly that it is hard to believe the later books are written by the same author as the original 12! Top Secret 21 is another formula book! Stephanie and Joe are together but she lusts after Ranger. Lulu and Grandma are zany and Randy Briggs is onboard as a potential victim/sidekick. Same old, same old. Joe wants sex, Bob wants to eat things he shouldn't, there's a villain who could kill Stephanie along with some other people, Ranger is hot...it's always more of the same with the Plum books! Every poll shows that more fans want Stephanie with Ranger and yet we never see any kind of real relationship between them! Why can't we give these two a real chance? Joe could date someone else and we could see the characters evolve which NEVER happens in the Plum books! I borrowed the book from a friend - I refuse to buy the books until they get good again! Don't waste your money - just go to the library or borrow it from a friend who doesn't mind throwing good money after bad!

Mistral's Daughter
Mistral's Daughter
by Judith Krantz
Price: $7.19
182 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars An Amazing Saga!, June 12, 2014
This review is from: Mistral's Daughter (Paperback)
This book has it all...love, sex, art, fashion, war, religion, family drama, star crossed lovers and three generations of amazing women! If you are looking for a book you just can't put down that is filled with great characters and a plot that never stops moving you should read Mistral's Daughter!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9