Profile for Booklover848 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 100

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Booklover848 "Booklover848" RSS Feed (Washington, DC)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Ditching David
Ditching David
Price: $3.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could give 2 1/2 stars!, March 14, 2015
This review is from: Ditching David (Kindle Edition)
I loved the Savannah Martin series so I thought I would give this one a chance. It was not for me! I didn't find the book or the characters likable or well developed. I didn't hate it but I won't be recommending it either!

Booty Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery
Booty Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery
Offered by Macmillan

3.0 out of 5 stars Raines needs to get back on track!, March 14, 2015
Thrilled to see the last of Graf! At least I hope it's the last of Graf! I still want to see Sarah and Coleman get together! Not sure about the future of this series...I feel as though it has lost it's way! Sarah Booth needs to grow and the characters need to stay true to their voices! I may give the next book a shot - unless Graf is back in which case I'm done!

Obsession in Death
Obsession in Death
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book! Nora is back!, February 27, 2015
I thought the books after "From New York to Dallas" were ghostwritten and I was pretty disappointed with the series but "Obsession in Death" changed that! This book reads like one of Nora's! It has the solid mystery, the tension, the integration of the characters throughout the book and most importantly, the voice of the characters rings true! Once again, I found myself sucked into Eve's world and unable to put the book down until I was finished reading it which has not been the case with the previous books! Welcome back, Nora, we've missed you!

The Lovely Bones
The Lovely Bones
Offered by Hachette Book Group
Price: $6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Incredible!, February 15, 2015
This review is from: The Lovely Bones (Kindle Edition)
I started reading this book on a Tuesday night and did not put it down until the wee hours of Wednesday morning! I knew I had meetings the next day and I'd be exhausted; I knew I was being irresponsible in continuing to read instead of going to sleep but I could not put this book down! This book is intelligent, thought provoking, beautifully written, spiritual and yet filled with suspense! The author's decision to write the book from the victim's point of view is a stroke of genius because it deepens an already rich and layered story. I highly recommend this book; just do yourself a favor and start reading it on a weekend!

Agnes and the Hitman
Agnes and the Hitman
Offered by Macmillan
Price: $7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful, Fabulous, Incredibly Funny Read!, February 15, 2015
This book is one of my all time favorites! The dialogue is sharp and funny, the characters are beautifully drawn and the plot keeps you on the edge of your seat while making you laugh out loud! Crusie is at the top of her game here and the result is a book that you will love the first time you read it and you will recognize as a funny and comforting old friend when you've had a bad day! Every woman should own a copy of this book!

No Such Thing As a Lost Soul: A Brandy Alexander Mystery (No Such Thing As...A Brandy Alexander Mystery Book 6)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Another WONDERFUL Book in this series by a truly gifted author!, January 2, 2015
Amazing, wonderful, fabulous book! Can someone tell me why Shelly Fredman isn't bigger than Janet Evanovich and isn't a New York Times Best Selling author because she should be? Fredman is a fantastic writer with a gift for dialogue and plot development and this book is no exception! The mystery is filled with suspense, the romance filled with yearning and the character development of Brandy shows that a character can grow and be more interesting than ever! I loved this book and hope Fredman keeps writing the series! Every women should read this series because I can't imagine anyone not enjoying it!

A Matter of Trust (A Mia Quinn Mystery Book 1)
A Matter of Trust (A Mia Quinn Mystery Book 1)
Offered by HarperCollins Christian Publishing
Price: $9.78

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Writing, Bad Series Pricing!, January 2, 2015
The story and writing are great but to go from giving the first book away to wanting to charge $17.99 for the third book in Kindle is just ridiculous!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2015 9:24 PM PST

Entice Me Box Set: The Truth About Shoes and Men\Cover Me\My Favorite Mistake
Entice Me Box Set: The Truth About Shoes and Men\Cover Me\My Favorite Mistake
Price: $3.49

1.0 out of 5 stars Bond isn't an author who cares about her readers!, December 19, 2014
Why would anyone read Bond's books when she thinks nothing of letting readers wait for years for sequels! Bond cares more about getting a TV deal than she cares for her readers!

The Heist (Fox and O'Hare Series, Book 1)
The Heist (Fox and O'Hare Series, Book 1)
Offered by Random House LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great New Series!, December 19, 2014
I love all three of the Fox and O'Hara books! They are well written, funny and the characters tend to jump off the page! The chemistry between Kate and Nick is well developed and I look forward to seeing them grow closer. This book, this series, does cement the fact that Janet Evanovich is no longer writing the Stephanie Plum books but is having the ghost written. These books read more like the earlier Plum books which were wonderful; they have little in common with the poorly written drivel that has been passing for the last 7 or 8 Plum books! Forget Plum and stick with Fox and O'Hara!

No Such Thing as a Secret: A Brandy Alexander Mystery (No Such Thing As...A Brandy Alexander Mystery Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The entire Brandy Alexander series is a must read!, December 18, 2014
A wonderful book and a great start to a terrific series! Brandy is flawed but likable and so are her family and friends. Her romantic attachments are hot and tantalizing and the mystery is well developed. If you are looking for a funny, vulnerable, suspenseful, entertaining read that will suck you in and hold on to you until the very last page this is it! I have read every book in the series and they are all terrific so start with this one and just keep reading!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10