Profile for Matthew W > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Matthew W RSS Feed (Brooklyn, NY)

Joomla! 1.5 Template Design
Joomla! 1.5 Template Design
by Tessa Blakeley Silver
Price: $40.49
59 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic. quick and focused., September 17, 2009
As a seasoned developer of sites built on Wordpress, Drupal, etc, I was looking for a book to give me a quick introduction to Joomla templates. I didn't want a chapter on templates in a book focused on the more obvious details of using a CMS. I needed something from a designer's perspective.

This book was great.

It's a quick, painless introduction to building Joomla templates from scratch. As someone who knew nothing about Joomla, I was amazed at how quickly I built a custom site without a single hiccup. The book guides you through design considerations unique to Joomla, through basic template structure and development, finally finishing with an intro to including more complex features and Joomla customization.

The book does not try to replicate the reference material better maintained in an online wiki. Instead, it provides an easy to follow narrative for experienced designers.

For those of you with less positive reviews -- did you try emailing Tessa via her website with your questions or concerns? It would have been a better use of your time and her skills. I wrote her and had a reply within hours.