Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed (Miami)

Same Love (feat. Mary Lambert)
Same Love (feat. Mary Lambert)
Price: $1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars It's about time, July 11, 2013
Macklemore says it perfectly. I'm so excited to be hearing this song played on the radio. Equality isn't just for some people!

LeapFrog LeapPad1 Explorer Learning Tablet, green
LeapFrog LeapPad1 Explorer Learning Tablet, green
Offered by TRADE MANAGEMENT LLC
Price: $54.59
38 used & new from $23.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Regretting this purchase - Get a real tablet., February 27, 2013
My almost-4-year-old daughter enjoys this toy very much. It does seem fairly sturdy, though she hasn't been particularly abusive to it, it has survived the bumps and drops just fine (I have a gel skin cover and screen shield). However the games and apps are way too expensive. They sell for $7 to $25, whereas you can get same, if not better, quality apps on iTunes or for Android. They even charge you $5 just to install an MP3 player app, which it already has the capability to do, just to milk you for more cash (I already bought a Kidz Bop album for $10, and it plays songs just fine... so I'm sure the capability is there without me having to spend more money). I thought it was a good deal because the price of the device is lower than most tablets, but I have spent a small fortune getting her enough games to be entertained. They do have a fairly good selection, with lots of characters she enjoys. Even though she likes the games, she also gets frustrated, because it requires you to keep connecting to the computer to obtain "micro-mods". Instead of just unlocking levels by achieving goals, like it should, I then have to run this really, really terrible Leap Frog software that is slower than molasses and half the time doesn't do what it claims to be doing. It says it is syncing. It isn't. Don't know what it does for those 10 minutes, but loading the micro-mods and even games has failed to happen numerous times. As another issue, LeapFrog also has a trailer app that you cannot disable. So it is advertising new apps to your little munchkin all the time, like it or not. Seriously? That's low. I'm considering selling it and getting a real tablet. This is ridiculous.

Cracking the AP Environmental Science Exam, 2012 Edition (College Test Preparation)
by Princeton Review
109 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Weak, not changed from previous editions, April 16, 2012
The few review questions they offer at the end of each section are really weak and low level. I don't find this book very helpful in test preparation in comparison to the released AP exams I've seen. The practice tests at the end are better, but still some very easy material you wouldn't see on the exam. For example there is a matching question where you need to define earthquake - pretty pathetic. Very little has changed from previous editions, so you could probably pick up an older edition for less money and get the same, very small, benefit from it. I haven't seen the other test prep books, but I wouldn't recommend this one as an APES teacher.

Crocs Toddler/Little Kid Murray Clog,Sky Blue/Black,12-13 M US Little Kid
Crocs Toddler/Little Kid Murray Clog,Sky Blue/Black,12-13 M US Little Kid

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable Crocs - Perfect for my 5yr old pirate lover, March 17, 2011
This review is from: crocs Kids' Murray Clog (Apparel)
These are way cuter than the average croc. My son's eyes lit up when he saw them. He hasn't taken them off since they arrived. They do show the dirt, because the pirate's face is lighter, but I'm sure they could be washed if I could ever get them off his feet!!!

Nordic Ware Bug Pancake Pan
Nordic Ware Bug Pancake Pan
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $32.29
20 used & new from $27.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertaining breakfasts!, November 1, 2010
We were tired of trying really hard to create little works of art in our pancakes, only to have them turn out like blobs. With this pan, the kids are excited to see what they get for breakfast and never get tired of the cute little designs. It's easy to use and the pancakes come out great every time. I highly recommend it!

Skechers Women's Shape Ups - Optimize Fitness Walking Shoe,Stone/Brown,8 M US
Skechers Women's Shape Ups - Optimize Fitness Walking Shoe,Stone/Brown,8 M US
Offered by Alpha Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars So Comfortable!!, July 18, 2010
These shoes are the most comfortable sneakers I've ever owned. I don't know if they really have done anything for the tone of my thighs or butt, but they sure don't hurt any. I wore them around Disney for 2 days and not one ouchy. I would highly recommend them.

Iron Man Rocket Boost Iron Man
Iron Man Rocket Boost Iron Man
Offered by Grace 333
Price: $48.00
13 used & new from $15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the littler ones, June 12, 2010
My son is 4 years old, so he has never seen either of the Iron Man movies. However, due to media merchandising and having older cousins, he is enamored with the character. It seems little boys and super heroes are meant to be together. So as a reward for good behavior, we got him this Iron Man toy. We picked this one because it has a more cartoon-like appearance and doesn't have any small parts for his younger sister to choke on. He LOVES this toy and has taken him everywhere. The only thing that is frustrating to him is the fact that the wings/rocket pack thing pop off a little too easily. I think they are only held on magnetically and are constantly falling off when he plays with it. Other than that, it's very cute, makes a bunch of sounds and lights up (but isn't too loud or obnoxious). We've been using the phrase "hero up" quite a lot these days to get him to remember that he needs to behave and not have any tantrums. We're happy with the purchase.

Nyko Charge Base IC for Wii
Nyko Charge Base IC for Wii
14 used & new from $42.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great charger, January 30, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This charger not only looks cool, but works great! I don't know exactly how many hours of play we get on a single charge, but it lasts us for over a week at a time. It works through the protective gel covers, too, which is super easy. I highly recommend it.

Boom Boom Pow
Boom Boom Pow
Price: $1.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Great song, but EXPLICIT lyrics, July 1, 2009
This review is from: Boom Boom Pow (MP3 Music)
Well we hear the song on the radio quite a bit when we're driving, and my 3-year-old even starts jammin out, it's got such a contagious, fun, and energetic beat. One problem though, the album version is NOT the one we hear on the radio, and there is no mention of that anywhere. So silly me, I downloaded it and toss it on his MP3 player, and say "Look what we did, Dad". Needless to say, my husband and I were a little, um, "How 'bout we listen to that other nice song about wheels on the bus?!?!?!" Shouldn't there be a warning of some kind in the description or title? Thanks Amazon! (p.s.- afterwards looked for a "radio edit" version, but can't find it. Grrrr)
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 6, 2009 8:42 AM PDT