Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Amazon Addict > Reviews

Browse

Amazon Addict's Profile

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Addict "John in Vermont" RSS Feed (Barre, VT - USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Free Country Men's 4 In 1 Jacket
Free Country Men's 4 In 1 Jacket

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice Jacket At A Great Price, January 9, 2010
I would have given the jacket 5 stars, but the first one that we received had a very poorly sewn seam. That caused the seam to split and then tear. Aside from that issue, which Amazon handled without a hitch, I don't have anything negative to say about the jacket - especially given that we got it for steal during a winter clothing deal. This is a VERY warm jacket and does just fine in Vermont's harsh winter climate. It's very sturdy and has all of the features that you expect in much higher end winter jackets. It is a little on the heavy side, so I wouldn't buy it for skiing, but for everyday, run of mill stuff, it's perfect.

A New Dawn
A New Dawn
by JAMES LIVEZEY KULICK
9 used & new from $2.22

5.0 out of 5 stars My Dad's Review..., May 19, 2009
This review is from: A New Dawn (Paperback)
James Livezey Kulick, with his book "A New Dawn," has evidently drawn from serious, first-hand knowledge of the dynamics of a Jewish family, inclusive of a seedier side of a "family" business. Why would the family business be in disrepute? Well, the patriarch is addressed as "Don Rosen." If you envision "mob," you are accurate. These aspects are only background, however, to the intricately woven tapestry of the myriad interpersonal relationships, which make this story a "page turner!!!" Central to the plot, is the development and growth of the two main characters, Joe and Brad. Joe is Don Rosen's biological son, while Brad is a lad rescued from a horrifically abusive and dysfunctional family. Don Rosen raises both boys as his sons, who develop not only sibling ties, but ultimately discover they are soul mates. Of course, the macho nature of the mob precludes Joe and Brad from the true expression of their deep-seated love for one another ... or does it?!!? What Oscar Wilde called "The Love that dare not speak its name," becomes the pivot around which the rest of the story orbits. It speaks to the truth of Love winning out against all odds, and reinforces the fact that Love transcends gender, social or political prejudice and the hatred propagated by ignorance. A New Dawn has heart-stopping, cliff-hanging action ... it has more twists than Nabisco's Pretzel Bakery ... it has the intrigue and mystery to summon the attention of a Sherlock Holmes ... it has Love and passion that would make Shakespeare proud. Moreover, A New Dawn speaks to contemporary issues in the headlines of the media and in legislatures and courts across the land, wherein the GLBTQ Community is seeking EQUAL, not special, rights in their pursuit of life, liberty and happiness. There is a multitude of surprises, including the final revelations at the end of the book ... you will be kept spellbound, and often find yourself holding your breath ... so don't forget to BREATHE!!! You will laugh out loud, you will weep from tenderness and sorrow. You will come to loathe and despise certain characters, while reveling in the frolic of others, but more importantly, you will garner some new experiences and insight, with vicarious thrills sans the live ammo!!! The author's sensitivity is a golden thread throughout this tome, underpinning a magnificent novel ... or is it a biographical work masquerading as fiction ... hmmmmm?!!? Perhaps you can decide.

260 Thread Count Down Alternative Comforter, King
260 Thread Count Down Alternative Comforter, King
Offered by Living Healthy Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Comforter, February 16, 2008
I bought three of these, one for each of my kids, and they all LOVE them. My oldest boy, who has had a life-long attachment to his first post-baby blanket, has changed his allegiance. My daughter used to have 3 or 4 blankets piled up on her bed during the winter - no more. If it can work for these guys in our harsh Vermont winters, it can work for you too. They were a great value and we are all very pleased with the purchase.

Columbia Men's ROCketsports Parka
Columbia Men's ROCketsports Parka

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Winter Jacket/Coat I've Ever Owned, February 16, 2008
I love this thing. I was skeptical about the liner because it's not fleece... Wow, my skepticism was unfounded and unnecessary. The liner actually retains warmth far better than fleece. The liner is weatherproof just like the shell. Put the two together and you've got a product that will keep you toasty warm in the coldest New England winter, even in 40 MPH winds. The only thing that bums me out is that Amazon is now selling it for $100 less that I paid for it :-(

I guess that I can live with that, but I do feel a bit taken advantage of... What the heck was Amazon's profit margin on this thing when they sold it to me??? I guess I need to be more careful about the timing of my purchases in the future.

Pet Supply Imports Herm Sprenger Chrome Plated Training Collar with Quick Release Snap for Dogs, Large, 3.2mm, 23-Inch
Price: $25.43
7 used & new from $20.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Night And Day, February 16, 2008
It took a few days to get used to putting this collar on, but now even my 9 year old does it effortlessly. After my 60 lb. Black Lab/German Sheppard mix kept dragging my poor kids across the yard, not to mention the fact that she pulled my wife down, severing her ACL and causing her to have to go through the painful ACL replacement surgery (she's still in physical therapy but back to about 95% now), I knew that we had to do something to stop the constant pulling. I spoke with a friend of mine that has Rotties and she recommended this collar... It's perfect. The kids now have total control when they're walking the dog and my wife no longer fears a repeat of the debacle that occurred this past fall. This is a humane, painless way to contol your uncontrollable pooch. If pulling is a problem for you, the answer is just a click away!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2010 8:13 PM PDT

Columbia Men's Blackjack II Glove
Columbia Men's Blackjack II Glove

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Gloves/Amazing Value, February 16, 2008
At 1/5 of the price of my Kombi everyday gloves, I bought these to shovel snow and do light, outdoor winter work. Nope... NaGaDa! These gloves are now my everyday gloves - so warm and so easy on/off. With my old everyday Kombi gloves, the liner would always come out when I took them off. They are warm, good quality, etc., but that liner thing always irks me. Not a problem with these babies. They are truly great gloves and a great value. I'm now using my very old Kombi ski gloves for the dirty jobs and reserving my old Kombi everyday gloves in my briefcase for emergencies.

Prime Pacific 18/10 Stainless Steel 20 Quart Stockpot with Bonus 16 Piece Non Stick 12 Inch Wok Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Pot, February 16, 2008
Heavy, sturdy and inexpensive... I'm so glad that I bought this pot instead of one of the more expensive pots. All of my other cookware is Calphalon (which I love, love, love!!!) but this stock pot is every bit as good as its Calphalon equivalent. The wok is cheap feeling, but I didn't buy the pot for the wok. I don't know why these products were bundled together but I viewed the wok more as a freebie. Wrap up the wok/bowls/utensils and give them away at a secret Santa exchange ;-)

Kamik Men's Marquette Boot
Kamik Men's Marquette Boot

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Boots But Could Be Better, February 16, 2008
So warm, so comfortable, so durable... These boots blow my 18 year old Sorel Dominators out of the water. They are nice and tall, so the one problem that I have with them is rarely an issue. That being said, as another reviewer mentioned, the cinch string is pretty much worthless. The top of the boot is rigid and simply impossible to cinch to create a snow-proof barrier. Had Kamik extended the nylon just 1/2 to 1" over the top of the liner, these boots would have easily earned a 5 star rating. That being said, except when I'm walking my dog through our yard after a couple consecutive heavy snowfalls, because of their height, snow really doesn't get in them. Even on the rare occasions that some snow has managed to get it, the boots are so warm that you can't even tell. The only reason that I know is that my pant legs end up being damp when I take the boots off. Again, this doesn't happen often, but I really do wish that Kamik had made the cinch string actually functional. I would buy these boots again though, without compunction.

Victorinox Swiss Army Champion Plus Pocket Knife
Victorinox Swiss Army Champion Plus Pocket Knife
Price: $49.99
7 used & new from $44.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Tool/Good Value, February 16, 2008
I bought this as a present for my youngest son to use in his model building. It's tough and does the job. The only drawback is that some of the tools are really had to get out, but I'm sure that they'll get easier to get to over time.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Quality, January 13, 2008
I have these bulbs in red, green, blue, orange and black. They make great porch and night lights. I must say, many CF bulbs that I have bought die quickly when they're outside in our harsh Vermont winters. These bulbs, however, have yet to falter. For normal lighting, of course, they're not very useful. For soft but bright porch and overnight kitchen lights, they're are absolutely perfect.

Page: 1 | 2