Profile for Mike D > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mike D RSS Feed (San Francisco, CA)

D-Link Wireless N 150 Mbps Home Cloud App-Enabled Broadband Router (DIR-600L)
D-Link Wireless N 150 Mbps Home Cloud App-Enabled Broadband Router (DIR-600L)
Offered by C R Treasures
Price: $22.49
20 used & new from $11.49

1.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTE CRAP: AVOID DO NOT BUY, July 15, 2013
FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL ALL ABOARD THE FAIL BOAT FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL

I purchased this "wireless router" to replace a 12 year old Trendnet router. FAIL.

FAIL: The instructions gave no indication that DCHP connections would have to have the computer fully restarted in order to generate a new IP address, a necessity to get the device up and running. I eventually tracked working set-up information down with my ISP, but I should not have had to do that.

FAIL: Once I managed to get what should have been a plug an play device running, the "wireless" signal (in a 500 square foot apartment) went from "BIG OLD FRICKIN' ZERO" at about 5 feet away from the router, to about 50% when I was standing with my iPad2 or Galaxy Nexus TOUCHING the antenna.

FAIL: Speedtest.net values with and without the "router" inline (this is just the WIRED signals)

Without "router" Ping 19ms, Down 26 Mbps, Up 5.5 Mbps

With the "router" inline? Ping 64ms, Down 2.4 Mbps, Up 4.4 Mbps

W? T? F?

FAIL: When I examined the antenna, and attempted to tighten it, not only did the cheap piece of crap snap off in my hand, but also the miniscule 30 gauge, 3 inch "wire" (read: thread) that connects the flimsy housing of this craptastic "router" to the antenna housing pulled out of the antenna body completely. The exposed metal of the thread-like wiring showed no evidence of ever being soldered to anything within the body of the antenna. Why would you bother to produce a 6 inch long plastic antenna body without any additional metal connections within it to act as, you know, a FRICKIN' ANTENNA? Or AT THE VERY LEAST, make the stupid wire itself as long as the antenna? The device is actually wireless! LOL.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Scat Mat: Worked like a charm (for me and my cats), October 7, 2009
Hi, my name is Mike, and this is my first Amazon review.

Anyhoo, over the past 2 years or so, our cats have been wreaking (reeking?) havoc in our loverly domicile, peeing/spraying on the couch. First the cloth couch, which we had to replace. Then the brand new leather couch. Bad kitties. Bad.

We tried everything- covering the couch, moving food onto the couch, adding litter boxes and keeping them OCD clean, ineffective "cat repellant sprays". Eventually, we were covering the couch with a plastic fitted bedwetting sheet, and covering that with fresh sheets of tinfoil. This is no way for humans to live. Bad kitties. Bad.

Enter the scat mat, large size, and scat mat extention, also large sized. Open box. Unroll mat. Snap in electrical leads. Plug in battery. Power up. INSTANT GRATIFICATION.

Kitty number one (Aleister) got curious after about 10 minutes with the couch seemingly uncovered. Jumps on couch. Sniffs mat. (Is it going to work?) One step (Why isn't it working??). Two steps... zzzzzZAP!

I have never seen this cat jump so high, so fast (even when hunting the ubiqitous moths that flutter about). He hid under the bed for a whole day, and doesn't even THINK about getting anywhere near the couch. His sister Trixie is the same way... perhaps she tried her luck while we were sleeping or something, but she avoids the couch like the plauge as well. Good kitties! Good! No more cat pee on the couch! Yay!

Scat mat 2, kitties 0.

Thanks scat mat. 5 stars. A life saver!
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2013 4:25 AM PST