Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro
Profile for D. M. CASSTEVENS > Reviews

Browse

D. M. CASSTEVENS's Profile

Customer Reviews: 48

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. M. CASSTEVENS RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Bosch Season 1
Bosch Season 1
DVD
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great drama; won't disappoint!, November 19, 2015
This review is from: Bosch Season 1 (Amazon Video)
I was skeptical about how this would be having read the novels, but I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed it. The acting is great and the plots will keep you anticipating the characters' next moves. It's a greats series and I'm glad Amazon went with this one. I think it's going to be a hit.

Poo-Pourri Before-You-Go Toilet Spray 16-Ounce Refill Bottle, Original
Poo-Pourri Before-You-Go Toilet Spray 16-Ounce Refill Bottle, Original
Price: $29.99
8 used & new from $29.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than air fresheners!, November 2, 2015
My sister introduced me to this product and I was skeptical, at first, but it absolutely does what it says - cuts down on bathroom odors. It works so well, that we carry a small bottle with us when we travel or visit family and friends. Anyone with a basic knowledge of science knows that oil floats on water and creates a barrier, so natural plant oils will do the same thing - especially the fragrant oils of flowers, etc. And that's why it works so well creating a barrier between your nose and those awful toilet smells. I recommend a bottle for every bathroom and a back-up bottle or refill, just in case!

Saucony Men's Boston Pant, XX-Large, Black
Saucony Men's Boston Pant, XX-Large, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for cool autumn walks, but won't hold out the wind., November 2, 2015
I bought these to wear while doing my walking exercises in the cooler autumn air here in Boston. I'm only 5'8", so the inseam is a little long for me, but not really an issue when wearing them. I do like the roomy pockets and the zippered bottoms. The pants work well for the early autumn temperatures here in Boston as long as the wind isn't blowing too hard. For that, you'd need to wear a pair of wind pants over these to make them useful in cold windy weather.

Kitchen Supply 16 Inch x 18 Inch Aluminum Pizza Peel with Wood Handle
Kitchen Supply 16 Inch x 18 Inch Aluminum Pizza Peel with Wood Handle
Price: $30.65
20 used & new from $21.46

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have kitchen tool for those who enjoy pizza, November 2, 2015
I had been meaning to purchase a pizza peel for quite some time. Since most pizzas sold in supermarkets these days are made to be cooked on the oven rack and not on a cookie sheet or pizza stone, it get's quite problematic trying to get the pizza out by taking out the entire rack. This pizza peel solves that problem easily. It's well-made, sturdy and easy to clean. I chose the short handle version (12-inch handle with 8-inches of the wooden handle exposed) since we live in an apartment for now, but if you have a pizza oven outdoors, you may want to consider getting one with a longer handle. This one works great for my pizza cooking needs. I only wish it had come with a hole pre-drilled in the handle for a leather strap for hanging the peel on the wall or in the pantry (something I took care of soon after it arrived). Nevertheless, it does exactly what it's designed to do - easily remove pizzas from hot ovens.

Columbia Men's Bugaboot Plus III XTM OM Cold Weather Boot, Black/Charcoal, 10.5 D US
Price: $149.01
6 used & new from $149.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Cannot recommend - not made for or available for wide feet, November 2, 2015
I wish I could give this boot a better rating but with the narrow width, and the fact that the company doesn't make the boot in a wide width, I just can't. I normally wear a size 10-1/2 wide or size 11 wide (depending on the manufacturer). Overall, the boot seems to be well-made, but I could barely get my foot into it with a thin dress sock on, and definitely couldn't get my foot in with a normal athletic sock or boot sock on. Even with the thin dress sock on, I couldn't wear the boot for more than a few minutes - there was just too much pressure from the side of the boot, even with the boot strings tied loosely. Not everyone has a skinny/narrow foot, and not making this boot available in a larger variety of widths/sizes is typical of Columbia, unfortunately to their detriment. cannot recommend this boot.

Coolibar UPF 50+ Men's Short Sleeve Water Jacket - Sun Protection (XX-Large - Navy/Royal)
Offered by Coolibar Sun Protective Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Well-made, versatile water jacket, November 2, 2015
I bought this product to use while snorkeling and scuba diving (I'm fair skinned and burn easily while in the water). It is exactly what I needed. It's lightweight and breathable and the full-front zipper is great for getting the shirt on/off quickly. The sleeve length is great (a half-sleeve) as it covers enough of my arm to prevent sunburn, yet keeps my forearms free to enjoy the coolness of the water. It also has zip-closure pockets on the side for storing keys, ID, etc. (I mention this b/c water shorts/jackets with good pockets are not easy to find). It washed up well, also, and maintains its shape. It worked so well, I started wearing it just in the pool and on amusement park water rides to prevent sunburn and chaffing - it worked great! I wear it 2-3 times a week for 2-4 hours at a time in the water, and it still looks like it did the day it arrived at my house in the packaging. This is a well-made water jacket that's versatile and utilitarian enough for any water activity.

The Man In The High Castle - Season 1
The Man In The High Castle - Season 1
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars The actors are quite good at their craft and the story line has the ..., November 2, 2015
As disturbing as it seems (Germany and Japan winning WWII), the show is captivating in a "parallel universe" kind of way. The actors are quite good at their craft and the story line has the potential for some interesting twists already built in. I'm eager to see what happens in the following episodes as the writers develop the show. I must admit, though, that the writers and producers are taking a bit of a risk with the topic of the series, as not everyone will be as open-minded about "what if" scenarios of our history, especially WWII. It is an interesting concept, nonetheless.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the pool, the water park or the ocean, September 10, 2015
I bought this for my wife to wear while doing her SCUBA training but she wears it for any/all water activities now. It's lightweight, cool, comfortable, and fits well. It also helps prevent sunburn and the full-front zipper makes it easy to put on and take off when wet or dry. It fits well over a bathing suit or a wet shirt (she sometimes wears a thinner, long-sleeve wet shirt underneath on dives when the water might be cooler. Seeing how well it worked for my wife, I bought the men's version for myself and was just as pleased.

Braun Series 7 760cc-4 Electric Foil Shaver with Clean & Charge Station
Braun Series 7 760cc-4 Electric Foil Shaver with Clean & Charge Station
Price: $199.95
18 used & new from $199.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Clean Close Shave and easy to use/maintain, September 10, 2015
I have used electric shavers on an off for the last 25 years and was always disappointed until now. This is the only shaver I've used that has given me a close enough shave. I love the cleaning function; it gives me a "fresh" blade every time and really helped to alleviate the skin abrasions and break-outs I would get from shaving with a traditional razor. I clean my razor after every use, so I go through the cleaning solution containers about every 6-8 weeks. The shaver comes with a nice travel case (for the shaver only) and zips closed. There's a small brush included to clean the foil and motor head with (the foil comes off with the press of a button for easy cleaning with the brush). The sideburns trimmer on the front is a nice touch and I use it more often than I thought I would to even up my sideburns after I shave.

Coolibar UPF 50+ Women's Short-Sleeve Swim Shirt (Large - White/Black)
Coolibar UPF 50+ Women's Short-Sleeve Swim Shirt (Large - White/Black)
Offered by Coolibar Sun Protective Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the pool or the ocean, September 10, 2015
I bought this for my wife to wear while she was going through her SCUBA training. It fit perfectly and she said it was very comfortable and actually protected her from getting sunburned when in the ocean doing her training. It dried quickly and was light and cool to wear.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5