Profile for Brett > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Brett "Technology Evangelist" RSS Feed (United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Age of Context: Mobile, Sensors, Data and the Future of Privacy
Age of Context: Mobile, Sensors, Data and the Future of Privacy
by Robert Scoble
Price: $13.01
43 used & new from $5.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Unequaled insight!, October 9, 2013
Robert brings an amazing perspective to the way he views the world. He's incredibly intelligent, open minded (though sometimes stubborn), and has a child like enthusiasm that's contagious. "Age Of Context" brings this perspective to our changing world and shows how social relevance is the new currency.

Nokia Lumia 521 T-Mobile Cell Phone - White
Nokia Lumia 521 T-Mobile Cell Phone - White
Offered by The Deal You Need
Price: $54.95
129 used & new from $29.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone - purchased as gift!, September 7, 2013
I bought this phone as a gift. It's really a great deal... since T-Mobile purchased MetroPCS they are now selling the T-Mobile network (not the older MetroPCS network) for less than T-Mobile is... you can get this phone for $99 (no rebate) with no contract and unlimited everything for $60/month.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2013 10:36 PM PDT

[180 days warranty] ZeroLemon Samsung Galaxy S4 7500mAh Extended Battery + Free Black Extended TPU Full Edge Protection Case (Compatible with AT&T I337, Verizon I545, Sprint L720, T-Mobile M919, International I9500 & I9505) NFC for S Beam and Google Wallet - WORLD'S HIGHEST S4 BATTERY CAPACITY **USA PATENT PENDING DESIGN** - Black
Offered by Fenix Select - Authorized ZeroLemon Retailer
Price: $41.99
4 used & new from $37.80

3.0 out of 5 stars Description and details conflict?, September 1, 2013
As of this review the description of this product says "over three times" the standard battery. Their math isn't very good... 3X 2600 mAH would be 7800 mAH. The product details section more accurately says "almost" three times. I'm sticking with Anker.

[NFC/Google Wallet Capable] Anker® 2 x 2600mAh Samsung Galaxy S4, GT-I9505 Li-ion Replacement Batteries + Screen Protector (Ultra-clear) + TPU Case + Anker® Travel Charger

5.0 out of 5 stars Charger stopped working / battery fell apart, August 29, 2013
Great price, but not great quality. Battery parts fall off, charger stopped working. It's not JUST this model, bought for previous phones, same issue.

UPDATE: Company contacted me, and replaced all items out of warranty. So, even though I've had a few issues, I'd totally buy from them again... and I'm sure I will.

Konnet PS3 and Xbox 360 / Slim Power Pyramid RCS series Charger, Charging and Storage Dock for FOUR Game Controllers - Black
Offered by KONNET - UNIQUE Gadget Store
Price: $39.98
2 used & new from $30.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool product, more like art!, August 29, 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This is a cool product. It's neat looking and a conversation piece. But, they tend to break... to beware. I think it's the power supply that goes out.

P.S. DEAR AMAZON, this isn't a "game" but your review form thinks it is.

[NFC/Google Wallet Capable] Anker® 5200mAh Extended Battery for Samsung Galaxy S4, I9505, I545 (Verizon), L720 (Sprint), I337 (AT&T), M919 (T-Mobile), R970 (U.S. Cellular/MetroPCS), Not for Galaxy S4 Active, with White Back Cover [18-Month Warranty]
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $47.99
3 used & new from $20.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy - but Anker history is so-so at best!, August 29, 2013
I have had mediocre experience at best with Anker. Three bad chargers (so far), and the batteries tend to fall apart. With that said they're cheap, so I keep buying them until they improve or I find something better. So on to THIS particular product. So far, I like it! The back cover is cool, great fit and nice finish. The battery is big and works as described. I have the feeling the cells are pretty low quality but that's just a guess based on past experiences... they never last as long or work as well as OSM batteries. All things considered, I'd but it again (and will probably buy a spare). Note this DOES fit in their charger!

[NFC/Google Wallet Capable] Anker® 2 x 2600mAh Li-ion Batteries for Samsung Galaxy S4, I9500, Verizon I545, AT&T I337, T-Mobile M919, Sprint L720 (Not for Galaxy S4 Active), with Anker® Travel Charger, and 18-Month Warranty
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $53.99
2 used & new from $21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Issues / Third Returm, August 29, 2013
I have purchased Anker batteries w/ Anker chargers for multiple phones. This is the third I've had to return... they all seem to fail. Another recurring problem is the plastic on the bottom of the battery falls off then the battery no longer fits properly. With that said, they're inexpensive and if you buy from Amazon easy to return... but the quality control isn't great.

UPDATE: While everything I said above is true, I was contacted by their customer service who replaced all the products I had problems with. So their customer service is outstanding. Let's hope they work through some of these quality issues, but in any case I would definately buy from them again.

The Starter Screenplay: Client Edition
The Starter Screenplay: Client Edition
by Adam Levenberg
Price: $11.52
13 used & new from $7.70

5.0 out of 5 stars The real deal!, August 8, 2012
If you want help with a script, listen to someone who green lighted projects for major production companies. Great stuff.

Nokia Play 360 Bluetooth Speaker -Black
Nokia Play 360 Bluetooth Speaker -Black
Offered by BLINQ
Price: $115.69
4 used & new from $115.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - probably the best product from Nokia!, May 14, 2012
These things are all around awesome. They're in the same category as the Jawbone Jambox, but less expensive, louder, longer lasting, better looking, AND they can be if you have two they can be paired together so you can have stereo! I'm truly amazed. The only advantage of the Jambox is it's a little smaller which MIGHT matter for travel.

The fact you can WEAR it on your belt with the included bag is awesome.

One small issue is they don't currently work with Macs, but a Nokia employee points out in this thread that will be fixed:

[...]
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2012 1:59 PM PDT

VIZIO E371VA 37-Inch Full HD 1080P LCD HDTV, Black (2010 Model)
VIZIO E371VA 37-Inch Full HD 1080P LCD HDTV, Black (2010 Model)

4.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in AMAZON!, February 21, 2011
I saw this TV on sale at Costco and immediately checked Amazon.com. I purchased the TV at a HIGHER PRICE from Amazon because of the PRICE MATCHING policy of Amazon.com, which they do for televisions only.

Well it turns out their price matching policy does not apply to any "time limited offer" or sale prices, which essentially negates the entire policy. I went round and round with the Amazon rep on this. While they SAY they match costco.com and that they match sales, they add not "time limited" sales. Think about it... by definition, a "sale" has an end date, otherwise it's not a "sale" it's just a price reduction right?

So I get to refuse the order and buy at Costco after all.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4