Profile for J. J. Marciniak > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 17

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

J. J. Marciniak RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Carrand 92010 Grip Tech Deluxe Wheel Brush
Carrand 92010 Grip Tech Deluxe Wheel Brush
Offered by Redori
Price: $5.19
30 used & new from $3.77

2.0 out of 5 stars I was expecting better quality. The brush began losing it's bristles on ..., July 8, 2014
Despite it's cheap price point, I was expecting better quality. The brush began losing it's bristles on the first cleaning of my F150 rims; by the fourth use it has become almost barren. I will go back to purchasing my cheap wheel brush from Wally World. That brush is about the same price and lasts a full summer of car washes. Since it is so cheap I gave an extra star; truth be told I think it is a 1 star product.

IOGEAR 2 x 4 USB 2.0 Peripheral Sharing Switch (GUS402)
IOGEAR 2 x 4 USB 2.0 Peripheral Sharing Switch (GUS402)
Price: $28.99
57 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a very nice product that allowed my to seamlessly switch between my ..., July 8, 2014
This is a very nice product that allowed my to seamlessly switch between my work laptop and home HTPC using a single keyboard and mouse input. So much better then using a KVM switch. As noted by others, there is a slight delay when switching between devices; but hardly a reason to deduct a star.

Cable Matters 2-Pack, Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable with Metal Connectors and Braided Jacket 3 Feet
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cables, May 9, 2014
Very nice cloth jacket that seems like it will protect the fiber well. Terminations are absolutely perfect, especially at this price point. They appear to be aluminum bodied shroud with the male part that goes into your receiver being plastic. A nice snug connection without me thinking I am going to break anything. I have used a few Amazon Basics in the past and in my opinion the Cable Matters product is nicer (that is not to say I was disappointed with Amazon Basics) and worth the slight premium. I would buy these again without hesitation.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 25, 2014 7:49 AM PDT

Cable Matters 5 Pack, Cat6a Snagless Shielded (SSTP/SFTP) Ethernet Patch Cable in Blue 10 Feet
Offered by Cable Matters
Price: $20.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great design - one cable arrived damaged, May 9, 2014
4 out of 5 cables were perfect (great design on the terminations, strong and do not snag when pulling the wiring). My one issue is that one of the cables were sliced through the outer jacked and damaged one of the wires within. This was caused by the wire tie in the packaging. Not worth returning as I only need 4 cables currently. I would buy again, it seemed like a freak incident honestly. Deduct 1 star.

Motorcraft FL500S Oil Filter
Motorcraft FL500S Oil Filter
Price: $4.49
37 used & new from $4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Right Price, January 3, 2014
Prime eligible and to my door in two days for $6.00. My local dealer, which is the only place I have found this filter near me, charges $12.00 plus tax. And I have to drive 25 minutes to get it.

This is the Ford recommended filter for 2011 F150 Eco-Boost. FWIW, I've heard rumors that they would not honor warranty items if you do not use this specific filter, however I am not sure on how much truth there is to that.

I can confirm that this filter is of a much higher quality then most aftermarket filters, and blows a typical Frame filter that would cost the same as this filter at Wal-Mart out of the water in terms of quality.

Rosewill RTK-002 Anti-Static Wrist Strap Components Black, Yellow
Rosewill RTK-002 Anti-Static Wrist Strap Components Black, Yellow
Price: $6.99
13 used & new from $3.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to do., January 3, 2014
I built my first computer and took the case apart twice after having it 'finished' (long story, first time it wouldn't boot, second time I got anal about wire management). So all in total, I basically built my computer three times and dismantled it twice. As far as I can tell, this anti-static strap did it's job as none of my components have failed (due to static shock or otherwise). It is as comfortable as can be expected. My only complaint is that I wish the alligator teeth were stronger as they would slide off my ground fairly often if I was moving a lot. Maybe worth a half start deduct, but not a full star.

Hugo [HD]
Hugo [HD]
DVD
Price: $14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Drawn Out, January 3, 2014
This review is from: Hugo [HD] (Amazon Instant Video)
I had wanted to see Hugo for a while and have to say that once I finally got to it, it disappointed. As the tiltle suggests, I feel it's largest flaw was it was drawn out. It seemed to be in love with it's own 'cleverness'. Never really hitting it's stride in my opinion. The plot seemed to get convoluted and never really stayed on point.

Genuine Dell OVU400307/00 RC6, RC6IR Remote Control Infrared (IR) USB Receiver For Microsoft Windows Media Center Edition (MCE), Works on Vista, Windows 7, Windows XP, Linux, Hulu, Dell Computers, Hewlett-Packard (HP), Most Personal Computers (PC's), Satellite and Cable TV Boxes. Compatible With Remote Kits X5429, J4462, RC1154006, KF659, RC1534034/00, Compatible With The Following Receivers: OVU4003/00, OVU400103/00, OVU104007/00, Also Compatible with but not limited to JF957

5.0 out of 5 stars Functions as it should, December 28, 2013
It functions as I would it expect it to. I am running a self built AMD system htpc using xbmc and a harmony 700 universal remote. There hasn't been a code that this hasn't been able to handle.

From Russia with Love (James Bond Book 5)
From Russia with Love (James Bond Book 5)
Price: $7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Bond a little off his game, December 15, 2013
I enjoyed the novel like most of Fleming's work, but found it a little disconcerting how predictable the entire story arc was and how naive Bond was throughout the story. I guess that maybe the point of the novel though. It just was not the usual suave, insightful, perceptive Bond we are used to.

Adapter HDMI EPL 3FHU for Samsung Galaxy s3
Adapter HDMI EPL 3FHU for Samsung Galaxy s3

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well with one exception + Shame on Samsung, October 28, 2012
I love my phone and it's capabilities. I love that this adapter allows HDMI output to my TVs. I bought this so when camping on rainy nights my wife and I could enjoy Netflix, HBO, whatever and not be dependent on our antenna. This device outputs to all TVs I tried it with very well (Insigna, Westinghouse, Sony, Vizio). It displays whatever is on the screen of my S3. . .So why the 3 star review and not five.

First, I have to call out Samsung for pulling a fast one on their consumers who already shelled out $200+ for their new S3. The reason being is they switched the standard pin configuration on their micro USB slot so standard MHL HDMI adapter will not work with their phone causing us the consumer to buy their proprietary adapter at much higher cost then a standard adapter. Shame on you, if I wanted Apple type maneuvers I would have bought an iPhone 5. The larger problem after I got over having to spend $20+ more then a standard adapter is the fact that HBOGo will not output through this adapter no matter what I try. I am unsure if this is an HBO issue or an adapter issue, but the bottom line is cannot watch my paid service on my phone as HBO advertises through this adapter thereby ruining the main purpose of buying this adapter, to watch HBOGo while camping on the rainy nights.

Once the HBOGo issue is addressed I would up my review to 4 stars. Every other app I care to use with my TV works fine. The loss of one star is still at the foot of Samsung changing pin alignment from standard just to further line their already deep pockets. That is inexcusable and not correctable.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2012 8:04 PM PST