Profile for Becker > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 317

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Becker RSS Feed

Offered by uniqueplace-usa
Price: $18.19
18 used & new from $18.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Spices 1000 Piece Puzzle, August 26, 2012
This review is from: Spices 1000 Piece Puzzle (Toy)
~
Three of us adults worked on, enjoyed and finished this puzzle. It was constructed with quality cardboard, the pieces fit together perfectly, and it was created with beautiful vibrant colors. The finished product was pretty enough to frame. It was challenging, but not impossible to complete within a few days to a week.

Recommended.

by Sanjay Patel
Price: $13.12
69 used & new from $4.35

5.0 out of 5 stars beautifully illustrated, August 25, 2012
This review is from: Ganesha's Sweet Tooth (Hardcover)
Category: Children's Books

This lovely children's book is written by Emily Haynes. The story is magnificently illustrated by Sanjay Patel.

Ganesha, a Hindu God, has the head of an elephant and rides on a magical mouse. When Ganesha was young, he liked to eat sweets, especially a jawbreaker-like candy called, laddoo. One day Ganesha breaks his tusk while biting down on a laddoo. He is so angry that he has broken his tusk that he throws his tusk at the moon, but he misses the moon and hits an old man on the head.

The old man is Vyasa, the poet. Vyasa is having a problem writing a very long poem; it is such a long poem, Vyasa says that no man could ever write the whole thing, that all the pens in the world would break before it was done.

I don't want to give the ending away, I'll just say that Ganesha's tusk is one special tooth!

This was a cute children's story with outstanding Indian inspired illustrations.

by Andrew Porter
Price: $22.51
101 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars second half, better than the first, August 25, 2012
This review is from: In Between Days (Hardcover)
Category: Literature and Fiction

This first novel written by author Andrew Porter is about an American family living in Texas weathering numerous difficulties. Elson and Candace Harding have recently divorced and both are dating younger people. Their son Richard lives with his mother, dreams of becoming a poet while he drives his mom's minivan to his part-time job at a coffee shop, dates men, and in-between does more than his share of drinking and recreational drugs. He is my favorite character in the whole story and the one that, I think, the reader gets to know the most. Their daughter Chloe has recently and mysteriously been suspended from college, and isn't giving anybody much of an explanation or any details about the suspension. Unfortunately it takes about 185 pages for Andrew Porter to tell, not necessarily show, his readers the above synopsis. At this point, I heard too much of the author's voice to really feel as if I could throw myself into the story.

At about Chapter 10, Mr. Porter slowly reveals why Chloe had been kicked out of school, and in my opinion, he kept this a secret for far too long, and I almost gave-up caring. Finally, Chole's story becomes the central point of the whole novel, and the second half of the story became much better than the first.

3 ˝ stars

Sterling Silver Created Blue and White Sapphire and Diamond Pendant Necklace, (.02 Cttw, G-H Color, I2-I3 Clarity), 18"

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Pretty, June 26, 2012
~
This sterling silver pendant is created with a small oval sapphire with 12 tiny diamonds surrounding the sapphire. It comes with an 18" sterling silver chain. It is delicate looking, but has a nice weight and feels well constructed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2012 1:01 PM PDT

Avitae Caffeinated Water, 90 Mg, 16.9 Oz (Pack of 12)
Avitae Caffeinated Water, 90 Mg, 16.9 Oz (Pack of 12)
Price: $23.71
9 used & new from $2.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Caffeinated Water, No Thank-You, June 25, 2012
~
I didn't care for this `caffeinated water' much; to me it tasted like bad tap water. My two teen-aged sons tried it as well, they both said, "it's okay, but I wouldn't buy it".

Cool looking bottle though.

Cotz Face Natural Skin Tone SPF 40, 1.5 Ounce
Cotz Face Natural Skin Tone SPF 40, 1.5 Ounce
Offered by Quidsi Retail LLC
Price: $20.00
18 used & new from $16.61

5.0 out of 5 stars SPF 40, facial sunscreen, June 25, 2012
~
I like it. I've used this sunscreen on my face for the past few days while working outside in the yard and I haven't burned my skin which is a fair to medium complexion. It came out of the tube a brown color but was quickly blended into my own natural tint. It felt soft, smooth, and silky; not greasy at all.
Not only would I recommend this product, but I'll purchase it for myself when this tube runs out.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 9, 2012 1:02 PM PDT

illy issimo Coffee Drink, Cappuccino, 8.45-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)
illy issimo Coffee Drink, Cappuccino, 8.45-Ounce Cans (Pack of 12)
Price: $24.60
13 used & new from $23.95

3.0 out of 5 stars So-So Espresso Style Coffee Drink, March 28, 2012
~
This would be a great coffee drink to grab out of the refrigerator at home, but at about $2 for 8.45 ounces, this beverage is just so-so.

After chilling in the refrigerator overnight, I pulled the tab on the tall and slim can of illy issimo cappuccino, and it smelled terrific: a light coffee and chocolate scent. I poured half of it in a small glass, and gave the other half to my teen-aged son (who loves coffee drinks). We both had the same good/bad opinion: The good part - It has a nice mix of coffee/cocoa taste, a little too sweet, but not bad. The bad part - You can definitely taste a tin-y flavor within the mix.

All-in-all, not a bad drink, but not one the either of us would look for and purchase specifically, especially for the price.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 29, 2012 1:13 PM PDT

Carry the One: A Novel
Carry the One: A Novel
by Carol Anshaw
218 used & new from $0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Out of the ordinary and interesting, but -, March 5, 2012
This review is from: Carry the One: A Novel (Hardcover)
~
Nothing here that would warrant high recommendation.

Carry the One, was a novel about five people who, after attending a wedding, pile into a car to drive home together. They were all either drunk, high, or both and soon after they left, the driver, Olivia doesn't see a young girl walk out in front of the vehicle until it was too late.

The story that follows is about how the death of this girl is cemented into the fate of all involved and how this one incident affects their lives for the next twenty-five years. Without wanting to, the seven of them form a pseudo-club, a group connected through a bad experience. Although you hear from all of the passengers in the car that night, the author, Carol Anshaw predominately displays the three siblings involved: Carmen, who wasn't in the car, but was the bride at the wedding; her sister, Alice who was in the backseat with her lesbian lover, Maude; and their brother, Nick who had brought Olivia to the wedding as his date.

The thing is, what happened that night certainly had an effect on all of these people, but I don't think it changed who they were. It does make you wonder if any of them would have turned out any differently had the accident not happened. In this regard, the book was simply a twenty-five year account of a few connected people.

Belkin Anti-Smudge Clear LCD Screen Protector for Universal LCD Screen (2 Pack)
Belkin Anti-Smudge Clear LCD Screen Protector for Universal LCD Screen (2 Pack)
Price: $14.99
3 used & new from $2.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, March 1, 2012
~
This Anti-Smudge overlay protection screen by Belkin is designed to use on any smartphone. It does require that you cut to size, but with the easy to follow instructions and measured guidelines printed on the paper-backing of the overlay, I had absolutely no problems cutting it to fit my iPhone. The installation took very little time and smoothing out the bubbles was effortless with the pliable credit card sized card that came in the box.

With the overlay in place, there are no smudges or fingerprints on my screen. The visibility and touchscreen's functionality is not affected and the screen's display is clear and bright.

I'm assuming that over time it will peel off on its own and I'll have to use the second overlay that comes with this product. I've only had this on my phone for a day so I can't comment on its longevity and durability. It seems as if it has a good hold. I will come back and post a comment in regards to the length of time that this protector stays put.

Belkin 4-Way Privacy Screen Protector for Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation
Belkin 4-Way Privacy Screen Protector for Apple iPod Touch 4th Generation
Price: $4.60

3.0 out of 5 stars Unless privacy is a huge issue, I wouldn't recommend, March 1, 2012
~
If you are willing to pay thirty dollars so that wandering eyes cannot see whatever happens to be displayed on your iPod touch screen then I'm guessing privacy is an important issue for you. And in that regard, this ScreenGuard by Belkin will do the trick. You really can't see what is on the screen unless you are looking directly at the iPod touch. I would give it 5 stars for privacy.

I've used other screen protectors before that were nearly impossible to install and took a lot of time and patients to get it right. This particular screen was super easy to install and took less than five minutes to place it on and smooth out any bubbles. I would give it 5 stars for installation.

After the screen is in place, it did not seem to affect the touchscreen's functionality. There is a slightly different feel to the screen, a little drag when you swipe, but the touch aspect seems to work just fine. 5 stars for touch function.

Where this product lacks is in the brightness and clarity. With the screen in place I found it necessary to adjust my brightness to its highest option, and the overall picture is still not as clear. 3 stars for brightness and clarity.

When compared to the Belkin clear screen protector made for universal smart phone devises (pack of 2) for fifteen dollars, this product is, in my opinion, about $15 overpriced. Unless you are willing to pay that much more for a little privacy...I'd go with the clear version, the person looking over your shoulder might be able to see your screen better, but so will you.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30