Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Customer RSS Feed

Tsuku Kihon: Dynamic Kumite Techniques of Shotokan Karate
Tsuku Kihon: Dynamic Kumite Techniques of Shotokan Karate
by Luis Bernardo Mercado
Price: $13.46
31 used & new from $13.16

5.0 out of 5 stars On target, beginning to end, February 4, 2013
Sensei Mercado brings clarity to the art of karate in a style reminiscent of books created in the '70s. While that sounds antiquated in this download-on-demand era, this book teaches in a style that successfully brought tens of thousands of martial arts practitioners up through the ranks. From the photos to the step-by-step instructions and descriptions, all of the fundamentals are presented in a way that practitioners at any level can embrace and understand.

While no student of any art form (be it sculpting, piano, dance, or martial arts) can learn everything they need from a book - in person instruction is always preferable - this book acts to augment any instruction obtained.

I highly recommend this for students at all levels. Beginners can learn the essentials in their fundamentals and look ahead to hone their skills for future challenges. Advanced students (and instructors) can learn to refine their own technique while also using this great book as a reference for teaching.

Tsuku Kihon is a must-read for all martial arts practitioners. It will live on in your reference library for generations to come.

Coma 2 Combat A Soldiers Story
Coma 2 Combat A Soldiers Story
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Phoenix-like tale, January 15, 2013
Having been fortunate enough to have met the author at a conference a while back, it was a delight to learn that his book was now out. I could hear his voice in my head as I read his words. It's not always smooth, but it is exceptionally poignant and well worth reading.
Pieces of this story will stick with you because they tell of the human condition - the vulnerability and the strengths that we all hold inside that become dear to us when used correctly. This man had reason to reach deep despair and when he got there, he didn't stay. He found what he needed to turn his life around in order to better serve others and his story serves as a reminder of what we, as humans, can be capable of.

What Would a Wise Woman Do?: Questions to Ask Along the Way
What Would a Wise Woman Do?: Questions to Ask Along the Way
by Laura Steward Atchison
Price: $13.43
65 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Questioning the Questions is powerful, December 22, 2012
I'm delighted to have this book!
As someone who values the power of words and the journey of self-reflection on the path of personal growth, I can endorse Laura Steward Atchison's work in her drive to seek better answers and build a better life. Drawing on personal experience, she guides readers to explore their own values in the areas of relationships, spirit, finance, and self-development and she encourages us all (men and women) to reflect, learn, and grow toward a brighter future. Who could argue with a message like that!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2012 10:46 AM PST

The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days
The Virgin Diet: Drop 7 Foods, Lose 7 Pounds, Just 7 Days
by J. J. Virgin
Price: $16.13
218 used & new from $1.53

5.0 out of 5 stars I need a new belt!!!, November 28, 2012
Most of the people I know could lose a little weight. I know I'm among the "most people." We want to, we know the traditional ways that we "SHOULD" eat and exercise, BUT... something gets in the way. So we carry that weight, a little more each year. Another promise made - and broken - each year.

And then, I heard JJ Virgin talk about the 7 foods that cause inflammation. She talked about the body being more like a chemistry lab than a bank account. It's not always about calories in and calories burned. Sometimes it's about what the body does with the "fuel" it's given.

I decided to give JJ's plan a try. She gathered evidence from thousands of people she had seen in hospitals and in her practice. Not only had she done her research, but she got results over and over again. I will say that in eating differently and by dropping seven foods out of my diet, I've lost 19 pounds in the last five weeks. I've experimented with different foods and putting some back in at this point just to see what my chemistry lab of a body would do. I'm now pretty clear about what works for me and what doesn't.

JJ's plan is simple, easy to understand, and easy to do.

It's funny to write a book review and to say that as a result of this information, I need new clothes!
You'll be saying the same. I hope you try it and that you, too, need a new belt soon!
Comment Comments (42) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 6, 2014 2:38 PM PDT