Profile for C. Rademacher > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 27

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

C. Rademacher RSS Feed (Buffalo, NY)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Rust-Oleum 7860519 Tub And Tile Refinishing 2-Part Kit, White
Rust-Oleum 7860519 Tub And Tile Refinishing 2-Part Kit, White
Price: $25.97
17 used & new from $23.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought the tub and surround (15+ years old) back to life. Amazing!, March 22, 2014
This product is exactly as described. It turned our dingy looking tub and surround into one that no one believes isn't a new installation.

Pros:

The color is very vibrant white, the material is very durable (on the stated surfaces) and other than being a little more slippery than we were expecting, it feels great as well.

Cons:
There are cons, but they are more to do with the by-product of the item, and not the performance. The 'stink' was overwhelming at times - even after the 3 days with ventilation. It took a good week or more for it to not assault your nose when you entered the room. It more than made up for it with how it looked though.

---

Note: Only use the product on the recommended surfaces. We used it on a washcloth holder, knowing that it wasn't listed on the materials... and it didn't apply correctly. Now there are pock marks on the holder where the paint/material wouldn't adhere. It's also prone to cracking as the holder is a little more flexible than the other surfaces. Not a knock on the product at all - we knew that it wouldn't likely work - just a note that directions should be adhered to as far as surface types are concerned.

---

Summary:

We love the new look it gave us for much less than a total replacement would have cost. Would definitely recommend.

Febreze Candle Gain Original Air Freshener (5.5 Oz)
Febreze Candle Gain Original Air Freshener (5.5 Oz)
Price: $6.39
9 used & new from $6.39

5.0 out of 5 stars A longer burn than you'd expect, with a very pleasant scent., March 22, 2014
With the candle only being 5.5 oz, I figured it might burn for a few hours, but it was well over 12 hours of use before it was depleted. I was very surprised.

---

It smells great - very close to the 'Gain' scent from detergent. Not perfect, but very close.

I have no cons for this item - it's a great candle.

Homax 6100 Ceiling Texture Scraper
Homax 6100 Ceiling Texture Scraper
Offered by The Homax Group, Inc.
Price: $20.99
16 used & new from $15.04

2.0 out of 5 stars In theory this product should be very effective. My experience was anything but. Flimsy metal, mucked up bag clips., March 22, 2014
I'll get the Pros out of the way.

* When it worked, it did a decent job.
* I don't have to spend a long time writing out the pros, so it's saving me some time

On to the Cons.

* The metal is very, VERY flimsy. Any resistance at all during a scrape, and either the top section warps, or the joint between the bag holder and handle bends/warps. This leaves the scraper at a different angle than it was at when you first started.
* The bag clips were mucked up in mine. They were much too wide to hold anything onto the collection ring. I ended up using crocodile clips to hold the bags on.
* The metal bag holder is too small to be effective most of the time. The texture would fall in front of the bag, behind the bag, etc. Yes, a lot would get into the bag, but enough didn't that it seemed like an oversight during design.

---

Summary:

If you have a few feet to scrape, this might be a decent tool, but it's not nearly sturdy enough to be used for more than a few square feet. Metal is too flimsy in multiple spaces, the bag clips could use some improvement, and the waste collector could be a little larger to prevent even more mess during the process.

Utilitech 4-Pack 13-Watt (60W) Spiral Medium Base Daylight (5000K) CFL Bulbs ENERGY STAR
Offered by aopoki Marketplace
Price: $19.88
6 used & new from $13.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent color and no 'warm-up' delay like various older Daylight CFLs, March 22, 2014
The color of these are as expected - very crisp, clean white/blue. I have all 4 bulbs installed in the same fixture, and there's no difference in brightness between bulbs.

There's no noticeable delay in attaining preferred brightness due to warm up like older CFLs used to do. Hit the switch, and the room is instantly lit up, very clear, with no CFL delay or 'whine' like some others do.

My only issue is with the title, and the name 'medium base' which will likely confuse people into thinking it is smaller than a 'normal' light bulb base - which it isn't. The term 'medium base' IS what a 'normal' base is called. If you're looking for smaller than normal, try intermediate. If you're looking for chandelier and/or ceiling fan lights (of which some can be intermediate...) then you're probably looking for candelabra base bulbs.

Lastly, as they are cheaper than Brick & Mortar store versions, there's really no reason not to get these if you're looking for 'normal base' daylight CFLs.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2014 9:27 AM PDT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a charm - perfect addition to the stroller, May 25, 2012
The item (while expensive) is perfect at doing its job. It holds our car seat (Graco Snugride 32) perfectly in multiple positions.

This adapter also stays on the stroller when folding up, making it easy to use and keep track of. It is built with very high quality. We haven't had any issues with this adapter, and we don't anticipate any issues in the future before our youngest gets into the second seat.

Pros:
- Holds the car seat perfectly
- Stays on the stroller when folding
- Very light weight and sturdy at the same time

Cons:
- None

Neutral:
- Costly, but worth it.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - Xbox 360
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier - Xbox 360
Offered by Isomergames
Price: $12.79
200 used & new from $1.09

4.0 out of 5 stars A fresh Ghost Recon experience [Edited 5/25/12], May 22, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
You can't compare this game to CoD, Battlefield or really any other FPS. If you absolutely need a comparison, it's a less sci-fi version of Gears mixed with a dash of SOCOM.

The controls are excellent, the campaign is lengthy enough - 8 hours in but don't know how much more is left.

Guerrilla mode is fantastic - different missions on each map, with up to 4 player co-op. Difficulties range from Recruit (easy) to Veteran (medium) and Elite (hard). I would start with Recruit if you're new to the Ghost Recon universe. Veteran is a decent challenge out of the gate. Elite was much too difficult for the party I was in, but I don't know if that was inexperience in the players, or if the difficulty was scaled by the number of people in the party. Still a great game mode.

Multiplayer is the "meat" of the game (with Guerrilla getting the prestigious "potatoes.") The game modes vary depending on if you have a uPlay account (stupid, but I don't take off stars - it came with MY game, so I have a complete experience. The used purchasers may say otherwise...)

The four different modes are all unique enough that you have a different playing style for each - Conflict is an objective mode, random objective locations, and respawns. Decoy is a game mode (one that I really enjoy) where there are 3 listed objectives, but 2 are decoys, and one is the actual target - both the defenders and attackers don't know which is designated as the actual objective. Once that is found, there is another final objective to be hacked before the round is won. Respawns and emphasis on teamwork. Saboteur is a mode where you take one bomb on the map, and try to plant it in the other teams base. I haven't played but 3/4 games of this mode, but from what I did play, it was good fun. Siege is best described as a "Search and Destroy" clone - no respawns, objective based, best of three rounds. I love that Seige allows the defenders to set up before allowing the attackers to spawn in at the beginning. It requires and rewards teamwork.

Gunsmith is a fan-freaking-tastic layer to the game. You basically get to customize almost every part of your gun - barrel, stock, trigger, optics etc. The combinations are excellent. You earn unlock points in each class by leveling up, and most unlocks are available at the very beginning. You can test out each specific part of the modifications in the firing range right in Gunsmith, and it loads almost immediately, so you don't spend forever waiting at a loading screen just to see if you like the red-dot versus the Holo sight, or other various things.

No major gripes about the game just yet - and I'll edit if they become apparent.

One very minor gripe - there's a map (I don't know the name yet) but it went a little too far on the obstructed vision aspect. I get that it's probably very similar to what it would look like in an actual sand storm, but it doesn't mesh well with the gameplay. Every little while, everything pauses while everyone is blinded. Realistic? Probably. Fun? "meh."

4.5/5 - Rounded to 5.

TL;DR - great addition to the Ghost Recon family, definitely worth picking up (new better than used) and nothing major to complain about. Note: I've heard a few complaints "in-game" during multiplayer where people thought it was an FPS - it's not, it's a Third Person (over the shoulder) Shooter.

Thanks!

Edit: 5-25-12. Major network issues. I get that it's only 3 days post launch, but the "ghost" kills, host migrations, unable to find players, and general in-match lag are very detrimental to the experience. It's not every match, but it's every couple. This should have been addressed after the beta.

Minus 1 star. 3.5/5 rounded to 4
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 29, 2012 10:29 AM PDT

Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition -Xbox 360
Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition -Xbox 360
Offered by DealTavern
Price: $59.94
84 used & new from $9.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Mass Effect 3 - More of the Same. Great Story Telling, Great RPG Elements, Decent Graphics For a Console, March 6, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
DISCLAIMER: This is an unfinished review - updates will be provided as I progress throughout the game. There will be no story spoilers, but there's no guarantee I won't mention anything that happened in MY versions of ME and ME2. Some people don't like Day 1 reviews, but I like to point out things I find in my first impressions, and build off of that for a complete review. Also, I find that if I wait until the end of a game, I forget my impressions from the beginning.

I'm 4.5 hours into the game, importing a character from ME2 (who was imported from ME1) without any of the glitches/problems that other people are having. I can't take points off for that as I have not experienced it. I've installed the game to my HD, and have not had to switch discs yet.

Combat: They seemed to have come back from the very "casual" style of combat found in ME2, and blended it more with how the combat was in ME1 - at least that's how it seems to me. There was about a 30 minute learning curve to get used to how the "new" system works as far as guns go. I'm playing as a Male Engineer, and the new drones and turrets are an excellent feature to have included, especially for how I play (not a CQC character this play through).

Graphics: These are probably some of the best graphics on the 360 for a non-exclusive title. They aren't the best on the console, but they are probably in the top 5% of games released for the 360. Shadows, lighting, textures are all very well rendered on the 360. There are some jaggies, and a few instances of pop-in (usually in the character models during conversation). The combat graphics are good, but explosions don't seem very vibrant and rich. Overall, the graphics are excellent, but even still, have a little room for improvement.

Story: The story blends well with Mass Effect 2 as it retailed, but I don't like the fact that it is so much better if you've played a few of the DLC - mainly The Arrival. I don't like that some people missed out on certain key points of the story because they didn't want to give in to the DLC cash cow. Not that BioWare is guilty of milking their content (I attribute that more to EA than BW). It does a good job re-introducing characters you already know to the story again, at least with my character and the choices I made in the first two games.

Role Playing: Still not a great game for RPG fans (I find that whatever build you have, your "style" is more on your overall character type, not how you assign your points) looking for a pure RPG game, but it's better now than it was in ME2. At least now, you have to make choices as to what upgrades you want for each 'perk' or trait. It makes for some interesting choices when you have to decide between 'Armor & Health' or 'Damage' on certain categories. This will help mold your character better for your style of play, but sometimes(read: not ALL), what you skip on the branch before, can be obtained the next branch up the skill tree. You're assigned (at least I was...) 47 Progress Points to distribute in 8 different categories (at least for an Engineer), with each upgrade increasing in value (1 for the first, 2 for the second etc.) There are some tough choices to make for sure. **(I'll update as I progress through the game and build my character)**

Controls: The mechanics are still the same - LT to focus or aim, RT to shoot, RB for power select, LB for weapon select, A to interact/run etc. This will vary based on your controller scheme, but I think I've always played with default (unless I changed it in ME1 and it just imports my 'preferred' scheme with every new game?). While I thought the Kinect integration was kind of corny at E3, I've come to like it. Truth be told, it's not really "Kinect" but rather "talking to the game" that's innovative and unique. There aren't any motion controls (that I'm aware of?) but all of it is speech driven. Guess what? Plug in your headset, and you're set to go - that works just as well. I use the Turtle Beach X41s, and with the chat cord plugged in, I'm able to do the same speech commands as I can if I used it with my Kinect. This is nice so I'm not screaming at 1am while my kids and wife are trying to sleep. I've run into a few instances where it just doesn't like what I've said - mostly when I'm directing squadmates to use powers or move somewhere. I don't know if that's because they're already "busy" doing something else, or if I just don't see the cooldown for their powers, but I would say I'm 90% accurate with my voice commands. In the end, there's not really an advantage for using the speech commands, but it's unique and it might help some people with the immersion into the story (I find sometimes I'm speaking the comments how I'm feeling - angry, happy, etc).

Extra Content: With the collectors edition, we receive the extra mission 'From Ashes' - I haven't started it, so I can't comment on it. As far as the other in-game bonus things go - I haven't equipped those yet either (I'll update as I do).

Multiplayer: I haven't delved into this as of yet; I usually wait until I finish the single player story - mostly to prevent other players from ruining the plot for other people on purpose. I'll update as I progress with the other aspects of the game.

Value: $80 is a decent amount of money to spend on a game, and I can't comment on the included items just yet (haven't used them) so as of now, I can't really say whether or not the Collectors Edition was worth it at it's retail price (I purchased it for $50 after a promo credit and GC was used.)

Packaging: The outer box/sleeve that everything comes in is a gorgeous matte/flat black with stylized N7 and the normal Xbox header with the purple 'Better with Kinect' ribbon just underneath. The game comes in a steel book case (gorgeous as well), but the discs seem to be hard to remove from the center plastic holder. You have to put a lot of stress on the disc to get them out, and that makes me very uneasy (I've seen 3 unverified claims of snapped discs due to the steel book plastic holders.) I don't like how everything was packaged - the outer sleeve holds the steel book and the extra content, which comes in a glossy picture cardboard envelope holding the physical collectors edition goodies (patch, picture, artbook etc). The steel book and envelope are TAPED into the sleeve. Whoever decided that using TAPE on a paper sleeve to hold in a CARDBOARD envelope probably didn't think it past the packaging stage. I, as were other people, was very careful removing that tape (after openly questioning what the hell whoever made that decision was thinking) and still snagged a bit of the artwork off the extra-stuff envelope. An annoyance for sure, but for other people more weary of how their games LOOK, I'm sure they're much more angry than I am.

Overall: Again - this is a very preliminary review, and I'll update as I progress, but the game plays well, the story is excellent and the new additions are very well received by me. It's well worth picking up if you were a fan of the first two, and you won't be disappointed, because BioWare didn't change most of the core elements of the game. First time purchasers may not understand the story or what exactly is going on, but they should know that going in, if they're buying the third game in a trilogy, all released on the same console.

I'll give a number grade, just because some people only look for that, and don't read what is written, but it's not indicative of my review, it's more to appease those who like looking at numbers. 4.5/5 with many hours left to influence the final 'number.'

Fans of the series: Must buy - don't wait (because someone will spoil it for you...)
Newcomers or people who didn't finish the two previous games: Get to it eventually - preferably after you fill in the plot by playing the first two games or reading summaries online.

Thanks for taking the time to read my review, and AGAIN - this is unfinished, but I like to have a chronicle of my impressions throughout, not just those from the end.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 20, 2012 7:46 AM PDT

Syndicate
Syndicate
Offered by Insane Web Deals...Simply the Best Deals on the Web!
Price: $15.45
92 used & new from $4.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for the single player story, playing it for the Co-Op., February 23, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Syndicate (Video Game)
I bought this game with the intentions of playing it through the "campaign" a few times, and then swapping it off or selling it. I played through the campaign once - it took me about 8 hours, on normal, and I like to look around. If you were to simply plow through and ONLY go for the objectives, this could possibly be done in around 6-7 hours. I might go back and play the story again. I'm going to say the single player is roughly 3.5/5 stars. The story is fun, and the missions are interesting. Some of the mechanics of the game were a little wonky, and took some time to get used to. The picture is... hazy? blurry? I don't know how to describe it - it's not focused. I know that there are DART chips in our brains and all, but shouldn't they make us see clearer? Anyways...

I didn't hold high hopes for the multiplayer aspect of this game. First, because I didn't know how they could pull off a decent match with the different abilities and DART attributes. There are elements of a few games in the co-op section, and you don't have to agree with me, but this is what I see/feel playing co-op. It feels very like Rainbow Six 3 (original xbox) as far as relying on your teammates for assistance with enemies - you cannot be a lone wolf. Never. You will need a reboot every 10 seconds. Secondly, there are elements of Team Fortress in there as well - mostly because of the healing powers, but I'm not a super die hard TF player, and I mostly stayed behind with the medic. I do a lot of the same here, but I'm more able to choose my weapon loadouts. I love the ability to pick and choose my different upgrades for my weapons, and that I can queue up the next upgrade that I want to work on. You need to have tokens to purchase the upgrade, and once you do that, you have to "research" with that weapon to unlock it. Pretty much, you have to earn points with the weapon until you unlock the item you want. For example, in the one assault rifle (tar 39? Tug? Tas? can't remember now...)you can purchase the blueprint of the weapon, which gives you access to the accessories of the gun. Then, you need to research, using tokens, which upgrade you want. For the TAR (that's what I'm calling it for now...) I wanted to get the Red Dot Sight - which costs 3 tokens to unlock, and then 15,000 points to "research." I love that aspect of this game, because I have to pick and choose which upgrades I want/need and unlock them accordingly. I'd give the multiplayer portion of the game a 4.5/5 star rating.

Lastly, while the premise of implantations are very similar to the story in Deus Ex, these games are NOT comparable to each other other than the implant storyline, and that the main character is a dude with questionable outfit choices and dark hair.

Overall, the game gets 3.5 for the single player, and 4.5 for the multiplayer. That averages out to a 4. I don't feel that the game is worth a full price purchase ($60), but Amazon has the $20 credit, so the effective price (if you split the credit) is $50 (assume that half of the credit is for Syndicate and the other half for a different game - you can't have one without the other). $50 is a little more reasonable, but not for someone without internet, or without xbox Live. So the overall score for me is 3.5.

Rounded up, 4/5 stars.

Replacement Tubing (1 Retail Pack of 2 tubes) for Medela Pump in Style and New Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump - 100% BPA FREE
Offered by Esther House
Price: $7.99
11 used & new from $7.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect replacement for the stock tubing, December 31, 2011
These tubes are a perfect replacement for the stock tubing that came with the Medela Pump in Style breast pump. They fit perfectly and the suction level was the same if not better than the tubes that came with the pump.

Fujifilm FinePix F505 16 MP CMOS Sensor and 15x Optical Zoom Digital Camera with 4 GB Class 10 SD Memory Card  (Black)
Fujifilm FinePix F505 16 MP CMOS Sensor and 15x Optical Zoom Digital Camera with 4 GB Class 10 SD Memory Card (Black)
Price: $399.95
12 used & new from $104.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Non-professional picture takers love this camera, December 31, 2011
My wife and I love this camera - the picture quality is much improved over our previous camera - and that's on "automatic" settings. The EXR setting seems to give better pictures, sometimes, but we don't know enough about it yet to know what to change the setting to.

The customization settings are daunting to amateurs, but can probably be learned with experimentation and reading up on the camera.

PROS:
- Cost effective (sub $200 purchase)
- Great image quality so far, and on automatic setting.
- Looks great (shiny black with black rubber grips)
- Came with a 4GB SD card (our previous largest was 512 MB - great improvement)
- Comes with internal memory (holds roughly 10 pictures, taken on automatic setting)

Cons:
- Flash pops up where you would think would be OK to rest your finger.
- Memory card was stuck upon first insertion and removal - it didn't want to come out. It was stuck on something in the camera, but hasn't happened again.

Overall, a great value and a good camera for non-professionals just looking for a decent point and shoot camera.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3