Profile for Charles E. Sherwood > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 8

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Charles E. Sherwood RSS Feed (Tampa, FL)

The Hoard
The Hoard
Price: $4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked this book., August 7, 2014
This review is from: The Hoard (Kindle Edition)
This was a good book to read. It certainly was different from most fiction. I liked it....what more can I say?

Leick Delton Triangle End Table
Leick Delton Triangle End Table
Price: $141.45

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy & Fast to Assemble, Looks Great, March 13, 2014
This table was reasonably priced, very quick & easy to assemble. The included directions are clear and simple to understand. Best of all...the completed table looks great.

Panasonic KX-TGA405B Range Extender for DECT 6.0 Plus Cordless Phone Systems
Panasonic KX-TGA405B Range Extender for DECT 6.0 Plus Cordless Phone Systems
Offered by Electronic Resources
Price: $30.45
33 used & new from $19.95

5.0 out of 5 stars This Phone Range Extender is wonderful !, October 27, 2013
I bought this extender just to be able to take the phone to the swimming pool area located directly across the street from my home. The distance involved is around 225 feet or so. I mounted this extender in my garage and aimed it directly at the pool area. It works great. I recommend!

Sour Grapes (1998)
Sour Grapes (1998)
DVD

3.0 out of 5 stars Mostly predictable but mildly entertaining overall, August 5, 2013
Thies is an early work of Larry David. It is just OK. His later film and TV productions are really much, much better.

iCloud Starter Guide (Macworld Superguides Book 49)
iCloud Starter Guide (Macworld Superguides Book 49)
Price: $3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much fluff & not enough detail, March 26, 2013
I did not find this book to overall be very useful. It extolls the benefits of being in the cloud but overall is light on the specifics (i.e. what "screen" do I go to and for what reason. When schematic diagrams are offered on one page, you still have to refer to other pages for more explanation which is a hassle when reading on a Kindle. Using a real book with pages would have been a better experience but I would still regret having made this purchase at all.

Younger Next Year for Women: Live Strong, Fit, and Sexy - Until You're 80 and Beyond
by Chris Crowley
Price: $8.95
578 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Younger Next Year for Women..., September 21, 2010
This is a well written book that details it's subject very well and includes many specific action steps to follow. I recommend this book.

Faux Leather Kindle Sleeve (Fits 9.7" Display, Latest Generation Kindle DX) - Black (Smooth finish)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great well constructed product for my Kindle DX, May 21, 2010
Before purchasing this product, I did a through review of all of the other Amazon advertised covers, cases & sleeves, etc. for my Kindle DX. I came to realize there simply is no one product available that is able to fill everyone's competing expectations.

The bottom line is ..... for my purpose & price range, I feel that this is a very well constructed product that will do an adequate job of protecting my Kindle DX. It is also classy looking. I am more than happy with my purchase!

Garmin nuvi 1350/1350T 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator with Lifetime Traffic (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by Just Guy Stuff
Price: $127.99
19 used & new from $49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to contact Garmin Tech Support to Calibrate 1350T, November 24, 2009
Let me be perfectly clear...I really like my new Garmin 1350T GPS.

The only difficulty I had after taking it out of the box and charging it for the first time was a problem in having the GPS "easily "recognize" exactly what available screen (option/letter/number, etc.) that I was "pointing" to on the touchscreen. I thought I had a defective unit so I contacted Garmin's free Tech Support. The technician took me through an easy, yet undocumented (to me at least) calibration procedure that only took a minute or so. Since then the unit has performed as advertised.

Also...You NEED to have a cable with a standard USB connection on one end & a Mini-USB connection on the other end. Garmin DOES NOT automatically include this cable in the box along with the 1350T. Without this cable, you can't connect this GPS to your computer in order to register it online or receive your free updated (if available) mapping or operational software.

Be advised also that not ALL USB/Mini-USB cables are alike. These cables may all LOOK the same but there really are TWO different types. One will only let electric current through in order to charge your internal GPS battery, while the other will not only charge the battery, BUT WILL ALSO carry data back and forth between your computer and the 1350T. Be sure to obtain the kind of cable that can perform BOTH functions.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 25, 2011 11:52 AM PDT