Profile for Chris Garner > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 29

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Chris Garner RSS Feed (U.S.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Unmasked (Remastered)
Unmasked (Remastered)
Price: $4.99
75 used & new from $2.74

1.0 out of 5 stars I am going to be truthful., September 22, 2000
This review is from: Unmasked (Remastered) (Audio CD)
This album pales in comparrison to classics like Creatures Of The Night and Alive. I really would would not recommend this to anyone. Shandi, She's So European, What Makes The World Go Round, and Torpedo Girl really are boring. I really cannot say enough times that this album is weak. Buy another KISS album, or if not get into some other band. Really......don't buy this...

Flick of the Switch
Flick of the Switch
24 used & new from $2.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy This Album!, September 13, 2000
This review is from: Flick of the Switch (Audio CD)
Every single reviewer is raving abot Back In Black and Highway To Hell and how they are great. But... Rising Power, This House Is On Fire, Flick Of The Switch are some of AC/DC's best. I believe that Back In Black, For Those About To Rock, Flick Of The Switch, Razor's Edge, and Stiff Upper Lip are ESSENTIAL Post-Bon. If you people ever get tired of BIB or HTH buy Flick Of The Switch and ROCK!!!

Dynasty (Remastered)
Dynasty (Remastered)
Price: $4.99
75 used & new from $0.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Dynasty, Overall Very Good., September 2, 2000
This review is from: Dynasty (Remastered) (Audio CD)
Despite what every other fan says, I like Dynasty. "I Was Made For Lovin'You" and "Sure Know Something" are both very good. Ace's songs are the truly the highlight, Peter contributed a song, "Dirty Livin". That's why it's 4 stars instead of 5. Charisma is a good Gene tune. Overall this album is good despite the slight influence of disco. Disco may be dead but KISS isn't!

Price: $5.41
74 used & new from $1.57

5.0 out of 5 stars KISS is back!, September 2, 2000
When I first bought this CD I wasn't sure if I should buy it, I had the following CD's...
Dynasty, Double Platinum, Alive II, Love Gun, Rock N Roll Over, Destroyer, Alive!, Dressed To Kill, Hotter Than Hell, and KISS.
I had heard War Machine and reaaly liked it. I went over to KARMA and bought this CD, I didn't know what to expect. All the way from the beginning to the end I loved it, it's my favorite since Love Gun. My favorites are the title track, I Love It Loud, and War Machine. It's Really Worth the money. Highly Recommended.

Psycho Circus
Psycho Circus
Offered by Fulfillment Express US
Price: $13.31
104 used & new from $0.04

4.0 out of 5 stars WELCOME TO THE SHOW!!!!, August 24, 2000
This review is from: Psycho Circus (Audio CD)
From the opening RIFFAGE of Psycho Circus, the 19 years between 1979 and 1998 are gone in a SPLIT second! YOU WANTED THE BEST...YOU GOT THE BEST...THE HOTTEST BAND IN THE WORLD... **KISS**
I pledge alligiance to the state of ROCK N ROLL is up up their with SHOUT IT OUT LOUD and ROCK N ROLL ALL NITE! Into the Void is a great FREHLEY tune. The reason I give it four instead of five is because of I FINALLY FOUND MY WAY, need I say more.
THE AMPLIFER START TO HUM, THE CARNIVAL HAS JUST BEGUN! Doesn't that send shivers down your spine?!?!?!
- Chris Garner

Safe in New York City
Safe in New York City
3 used & new from $39.99

4.0 out of 5 stars GOOD, August 24, 2000
This review is from: Safe in New York City (Audio CD)
SAFE IN NEW YORK CITY is my favorite song off STIFF UPPER LIP. Cyberspace is a neat song, and there is BACK IN BLACK (LIVE!). Alltogether it's good.

Bride Of Chucky: Music From And Inspired By The Motion Picture
Bride Of Chucky: Music From And Inspired By The Motion Picture
Offered by CAC Media
Price: $39.99
23 used & new from $1.41

4.0 out of 5 stars Good., August 20, 2000
When I first saw the movie i loved the songs THUNDERKISS 65, BOOGIE KING, LIVING DEAD GIRL, and CRAZY (the other's were good, but these were my favorites). I discovered LDG wasn't on it I became a little unsure... I found it at a Dave's Video for $4.99. I was into artists like AC/DC, OZZY, KISS, and MEGADETH. I wasn't sure if I would trade it in some day when I needed some money, I am still not sure. should I Buy it?

Bonfire
Bonfire
Offered by SaleTag
Price: $63.89
30 used & new from $10.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth Every Penny!, August 16, 2000
This review is from: Bonfire (Audio CD)
I Bought this boxset this week. I was very happy with the selection of tunes. I Know Back In Black was the tribute to Bon but every rock fan has it. But the newly remastered version is cool and doesn't come in a regular plastic CD case. It's totally black and opens like a record. Volts, Let There Be Rock : Live In Paris,and Live At Atlantic Studios all are great. My personal favorite is VOLTS. It has Dirty Eyes (to the theme of WHOLE LOTTA ROSIE), Back Seat Confidential, and School Day (Chuck Berry tune), and lots of other rare material. LET THERE BE ROCK : LIVE IN PARIS is very good and captures the RAW energy of an early AC/DC concert with such tunes as "Rocker", "Whole Lotta Rosie", "Highway To Hell" and "Sin City". The booklet thingy is cool and has some awesome photos. A Great Buy.

Price: $5.41
74 used & new from $1.57

5.0 out of 5 stars KISS!, August 13, 2000
I LOVE IT LOUD, CREATURES OF THE NIGHT, KILLERS! WAR MACHINE even had the honor to be a headbanging classic by Beavis and Butthead! After some stupid albums (Elder, Unmasked, Dynasty) KISS has returned.

Dressed To Kill (Remastered)
Dressed To Kill (Remastered)
Price: $5.99
96 used & new from $0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock N Roll Forever, August 7, 2000
Lots of Good Tunes like Room Service, Two Timer, Rock Bottom, C'mon And Love Me, and the ANTHEM "Rock N Roll All Nite" are here. No filler like there is on Hotter Than Hell. Rock N Roll All Nite scored KISS their first Top 40 hit. Also Check Out Love Gun and Rock N Roll Over.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3