Profile for sirtoil > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 36

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

sirtoil RSS Feed (Ohio, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
ASUS 11-Inch X202E Laptop (OLD VERSION)
ASUS 11-Inch X202E Laptop (OLD VERSION)
Offered by Amazing Lightning Deals
Price: $559.00
26 used & new from $290.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Wireless is Terrible and Drops Often, December 7, 2013
This laptop is great but Windows 8 and the wireless network have given me nothing but problems from day 1. Windows 8 isn't the laptop's fault so I will leave that out of it.

The wireless on my X202E misses packets, drops connections, and is as slow as 1995 dial-up. It isn't always bad, but it is becoming a problem more often than before. Some windows take minutes to open--even when it's the first (and only) window I have open! If you want to have two tabs running, science help you.

I bought mine in July 2013 and it has been perpetually more and more disappointing every week. I tried contacting ASUS but I ended up getting some guy in India who said that because I got it from a 3rd party vendor (Read: Microsoft, not Amazon!), that I would have to go through them to get a replacement. Needless to say, Microsoft is just as annoying. Just think twice before you buy this laptop--it has been nothing but trouble for me.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2014 4:34 PM PST

Norpro Ravioli Maker With  Press
Norpro Ravioli Maker With Press
Offered by Kitchen Outfitters Inc.
Price: $29.99
3 used & new from $17.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Cavity for filling way too small, June 5, 2013
The title says it all: the cavity provided for ravioli filling is way too small. Additionally, the space left for noodle that makes the seal is also too small. Numerous attempts to make good ravioli have failed. I am a pretty avid cook and I have hand-rolled ravioli dozens of times, but this product was no help. Save your money.

Wilson Titanium Ball (18 Ball Pack)
Wilson Titanium Ball (18 Ball Pack)
Offered by Global Supplies (We currently can't ship to, HI, AK,APO,FPO, POB)
Price: $14.49
9 used & new from $9.97

1.0 out of 5 stars Seemed defective, June 5, 2013
These balls were very inconsistent when struck. I believe the problem to be that the "seal" (the line where the 2 hemispheres of the ball are connected) is not properly marked. On good golf balls, the stamps/insignia indicate the "seal" and that helps the user hit the ball on the right spot.

I'm not a stickler for perfect golf balls (e.g., Callaway) but these ones were just awful. Equal to a bargain store bulk golf ball.

Evidence: Examples & Explanations, Eighth Edition
Evidence: Examples & Explanations, Eighth Edition
by Arthur Best
Price: $44.23
57 used & new from $15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great FRE Book!, June 5, 2013
This supplement, combined with Siegal's Evidence, helped me get an A on the hardest final I've ever taken. This supplement helps get a handle on the subject, and Siegal's is great multiple choice (and essay) practice.

Siegels Evidence: Essay & Multiple Choice Questions & Answers, Fifth Edition
Siegels Evidence: Essay & Multiple Choice Questions & Answers, Fifth Edition
by Brian N. Siegel
Price: $29.44
38 used & new from $10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars This supplement got me an A!, June 5, 2013
This book is great for final exam practice. The questions hit on specific exceptions to the FRE and the explanations to the answers does well in explaining why the answer is what it is. You still need the FRE Rules Book but this supplement was great exam prep.

I did all the practice Q's and marked any that I guessed, got wrong, or just felt uneasy about. I went back to all the troublesome Q's and did them twice more. Got me an A on the hardest final I've ever taken.

Drafting Contracts: How and Why Lawyers Do What They Do
Drafting Contracts: How and Why Lawyers Do What They Do
by Tina L. Stark
67 used & new from $5.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-Have for any contract drafter, April 30, 2013
This book is great. Step-by-step guide of drafting a contract that will uphold in court but avoids all of that antiquated legalese. I used this for my law school class and it got me an A. Best contracting book around.

Philips HF3510 Wake-Up Light, White
Philips HF3510 Wake-Up Light, White
Price: $133.94
5 used & new from $111.89

1.0 out of 5 stars Just Dumb, April 14, 2013
This item is a complete waste. It's an alarm clock with a light that gradually brightens to give users the "simulated sunrise" feeling in the morning. Here's an idea....open your curtains a bit! Or, if you live downtown and that doesn't work, buy one of those timers that are used on Christmas Trees. They cost about $10 and you can set the timer to a lamp in your bedroom. $10 just solved what this thing does for 6 times that amount. Also, the alarm options aren't the best.
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2013 9:12 PM PDT

Sterling Silver Three-Stone Cubic Zirconia Ring (3.83 cttw), Size 6
Sterling Silver Three-Stone Cubic Zirconia Ring (3.83 cttw), Size 6
Price: $15.51

1.0 out of 5 stars Began tarnishing after ONE WEEK!, January 5, 2013
I bought this ring for my gf because she likes nice looking jewelry that does not cost a lot (she is afraid she may lose it). I bought it for her as an Xmas gift. She loved the ring; which I bought in combination with a matching necklace and earrings from the same source (Amazon Curated Collection). By January 2, 2013 (barely a week after receiving the ring), my girlfriend informed me that it was already starting to tarnish.

At first I was upset but then I though "hmm, maybe it's pure silver and that's why it is tarnishing." I could not have been more wrong. The ring had begun to get holes and divots in the metal band. Inside and out! It looked more like it was rusting rather than tarnishing! Needless to say, I requested a return immediately.

Additionally, the picture is deceptive of the ring itself. The inside of the band is not smooth metal that is flush with the rest of the ring. In actuality, the ring has a dug-out inside loop (where the palm part of the finger touches) and engraved in the dug-out section is the word "CHINA" in big, nasty letters. Makes the ring seem like I got it for her out of a 25 cent machine outside a grocery store.

The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation
The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation
by Columbia Law Review
Edition: Spiral-bound
100 used & new from $23.55

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard to navigate and does not answer ALL citation Qs, December 2, 2012
This book is hard to navigate and does not answer ALL citation questions that a new 1L may have. I do not get how this became the guiding authority on citation; it is awful!! I must assume that this book is a way for 3Ls to "haze" 1Ls by making them learn it and try to figure out where to go to get the necessary information. I get that law school is hard, but this book could be better organized by a blind chimpanzee.

Civil Procedure
Civil Procedure
by Joseph W. Glannon
394 used & new from $0.14

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Civ Pro text ever made, December 2, 2012
This review is from: Civil Procedure (Hardcover)
This book is not worth the paper it is printed on. Yeazell is another author who sells an un-answered book just so he can sell another book that explains the first one. Civ Pro is hard enough without having to blow $300 just to understand the class textbook. If your civ pro class uses this book, RUN! Switch to another class or buy all the supplements you can that are by other authors.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4