Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Sixx AM Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer starwars starwars starwars  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS
Profile for geminigirl529@yahoo.com > Reviews

Browse

geminigirl529@ya...'s Profile

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

"geminigirl529@yahoo.com" RSS Feed (Huntington Beach, CA USA)

Pride Of Jared Mackade (The Mackade Brothers)
Pride Of Jared Mackade (The Mackade Brothers)
166 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Better Than Expected, March 28, 2001
This book was better than expected! I really like to get into the long novels, like Nora Robert's other novels, or Judith McNaught. I just picked this up, intending to read this over the weekend. But once I got started, I couldn't put it down. I finished it in one night.
This book starts as Savannah Morningstar (yeah, what a name!) moves to the small town (which I can't think of right now), with her young son, Bryan. She is weary of running from the law because they want to take her son away from her and put him into a foster home. She wants to start and put down roots, and where better than a close-knit town?
In this town lives the MacKade brother: Jared, Rafe, Shane, and Devin. Rafe is already married, though I haven't read that yet. There is a bit of him and his wife in here. Anyway, Jared is the oldest, and is a lawyer. He's been divorced, and a bit bitter about marriage. He first meets Savannah about her father's death, and thus their relationship starts. He also bonds with Bryan.
The MacKade brothers are so great! Though this is the first MacKade book I've read, I will try to read the others. They are always there for each other, though they tease each other mercifully. All of Nora Robert's series about male brothers are absolutely fantastic! They are always men who are handsome, wild, then convert into interesting but responsible men. Otherwise, great husbands! The Mackade brothers are no exception.
This book is short, and it didn't really go in-depth into the relationship, but I got a feeling that I knew the characters. The way all the people interacted in this novel is so well-written. There is even a lead-in into the story of Devin and Cassie.
Like I said, at first glance, I usually wouldn't pick it up. But I'm really glad I did! I recommend this to anyone who likes to just escape for a few hours and read a good romance!

Heart of Fire (Pocket Books Romance)
Heart of Fire (Pocket Books Romance)
by Linda Howard
85 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Passion, humor, and suspense! WOW!, March 28, 2001
"Heart of Fire" is one the few books where I can say I liked the bantering between the characters. Most romance novels have the characters fall into bed together after the first few chapters. The way the love between theses two grew was amazing to witness because it was believable. It also has passion, humor, and suspense.
At the beginning, Jillian Sherwood finds an old map that her father, a shunned archeologist, left behind for her. She needs to go on this expedition to clear her father's name. To do this, she needs money, and an experienced guide. Unfortunately, to get the money, she needs her brother, which opens up a can of worms, with a corrupt man only out for the money and a hired killer.
As for the guide, she gets Ben Lewis. He's experienced, smart, and it doesn't hurt that he's a hunk. At first meeting, he and Jillian hate each other due to their impressions of each other. He thinks she's a prude, and she thinks he's a drunk and womanizer. However, during their dangerous trek into the unknown, they discover each other and find love in the process.
This is not a stereotype romance novel. It has so many more elements than just the two main characters, though that was great. Added to this is behind-the-scenes work by some criminals, sibling rivalry, and an old Amazon myth. It is a must read for all those who like romance and action. The way that Jillian leads Ben around has me cheering her on. She is such a strong and courageous woman! And she has to be, otherwise Ben would never fall for her. He thinks he wants easy women, but that is the last thing Jillian is. Ben is the perfect man for her because he is protective of Jillian, though she can hold her own with him. The part where he tricks her into doing his laundry, and the way she gets revenge on him is one of the best parts of the book.
I highly recommend this book!

Charming the Prince
Charming the Prince
by Teresa Medeiros
150 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming and Tender, March 23, 2001
I admit, when I first read the cover, I was a little skeptical about this book. I didn't like the fact that a guy can father a dozen children when many of those years, he was off at war. Well, was I wrong! As the story progresses, it is so engrossing. I didn't want to eat or sleep until I finished reading this book.
Lord Bannor has spent many years off fighting in the wars. Now, he was returned home, and suddenly, has twelve children who he knows absolutely nothing about. They chase him around and torment him. He decides he'd better get a wife so she can handle this problem, so he sends his steward out.
Willow is basically living as a servant under her evil stepmother's care. She overhears the steward offering for her, and she jumps in to escape her purgatory. When she arrives, she is attacted to Bannor, yet he doesn't want to get involved for he doesn't want any more children. The children torment her as they have done countless other maids and governesses. I couldn't help but feel "Way to go, girl!" when Willow finally decides to fight back, against the children and husband.
The main story between Willow and Bannor is not the only aspect to this novel. There is the battle between the children and Willow against Lord Bannor and his soldiers. It was hilarious all the things the children did to the seasoned soldiers! Also, Willow's stepsister stows away with Willow to the castle and she has a thing for Desmond, the oldest son of Lord Bannor. Then there is the question of all the children.....who are not all Bannor's....but I wont' tell you more. You simply have to read this book to find out. You won't regret it! I didn't.

Breath of Magic
Breath of Magic
by Teresa Medeiros
117 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a really heartwarming story!!, March 23, 2001
Breath of Magic is absolutely great! I loved the storyline, and the interaction between Tristan and Arian is beautiful!
Arian is a witch living in Salem, and is about to be hanged because someone accused her because he wa jealous. She is given the "witch test," which means the townspeople dunk her into water, and if she drowns, she is a witch. How barbaric! Anyway, she makes a wish on her mother's amulet, and is transported to the future.
In the future, Tristan is holding a contest. Anyone who can prove magic exists will be awarded one million dollars. Imagine his surprise when Arian crashes at his feet on her broomstick! From there on, there are many hilarious situations in which Tristan can't really believe what is happening even though he sees it.
The growing relationship between Tristan and Arian is well written. They didn't just fall into bed together because they were beautiful people. In fact, throughout most of the novel, Tristan doesn't quite trust Arian, but he can't help his feelings either. The ending has just an incredible twist!
This novel has romance, science fiction, and a mystery all rolled into one. It's simply fantastic! I highly recommend it!

Jewels of the Sun: The Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy (Irish Trilogy, Book 1)
Jewels of the Sun: The Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy (Irish Trilogy, Book 1)
450 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Nora Roberts has done it again!, March 23, 2001
I picked up Jewels of the Sun because of the great reviews it got. Well, I can say that I wasn't disappointed! It was great! I liked how Roberts used Jude to show the reader Ireland through her eyes. Her descriptions of the beautiful landscape and quaintness of the small town makes me wish I could live there.
The story of Jewels of the Sun stars when Jude, who lived in the United States, decides she needs a break and so she returns to Ireland for six months to relax. She has just gotten out of a bad marriage, and she has absolutely low self-confidence. It doesn't help that she get stuck in a storm when she arrives in town. However, she soon meets Aiden, who is gallant and charming and responsible. His family has lived in the area for centuries. He is the owner of a local pub called Gallaghers, and so the relationship starts. The cutest part of the story has to be when Aiden gives Jude a little puppy named Finn. (He will appear in the later novels.)
All of us has at one time or another felt what Jude did before she met Aiden. That's what makes her so likeable; she is not flamboyant or spoiled. She is simple, yet has the purest and kindest heart. The way she bonded with Brenna and Darcy is so touching because the you could tell she has never had any close friends before
Aiden also is not perfect. He is hard-headed, and thinks everything should be his way. Yet you could tell he was a good man. The way these two fit together and the chemistry is so heart-warming!

Tears of the Moon  (Irish Trilogy, Book 2)
Tears of the Moon (Irish Trilogy, Book 2)
393 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read by Roberts, March 23, 2001
This book hooked me from the first chapter. I immediately went out and bought this book and Heart of the Sea after reading Jewels of the Sun. In my opinion, this one was better than the first. I enjoyed the closeness and teasing Brenna and Shawn shared even in the beginning.
Brenna O'Toole has known Shawn Gallagher all her life. She has had feelings for him for years, yet he only sees her as a little sister. (He writes beautiful songs, so he has his head in the clouds half the day, and thus can't see what is in front of him). Brenna, being the straightforward woman that she is, decides the intiate the relationship herself. Suffice to say that what happens after she announces her intentions to Shawn is hilarious! They go through many obstacles that will leave you wanting more.
Also, there are visits from the characters from the first novel. Jude and Aiden come back to give advice to Shawn and Brenna. Their scenes are so touching. Also giving advice is Carrick, prince of the fairies. His story with Gwen runs through the trilogy, and I can't wait to see them finally together!
So go out and get this book. You won't regret it!

Once and Always
Once and Always
by Judith McNaught
196 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best!, March 20, 2001
This was my first McNaught book, and I was totally blown away. The only book I like better is Paradise, but this book was just amazing. Jason was everything a woman can ever want, and Victoria is everything we women could ever wish to be. Their experiences left me feeling the extremes of emotions; first laughing, then crying. The part where Jason finds out that Victoria had befriended the ferocious "dog" was great! It shows how much he cared for her. At the end of the book, my heartstrings where just pulled; but I won't tell you. You have to read it to find out! I highly recommend it!

Heart of the Sea  (Irish Trilogy, Book 3)
Heart of the Sea (Irish Trilogy, Book 3)
390 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read!, March 20, 2001
Of the Gallagher trilogy, this was the weakest one, but it was still entertaining. It seemed that Darcy was a bit too concerned with money, though through the series we could see that she loved her family very much. Trevor had no really outstanding characteristcs besides his money and ambition. However, I loved seeing all the Gallaghers and extended members together. The story of the ghosts was also touching. Heart of the Sea is one of the better romances I've read. I would recommed that you read the series in order, starting with Jewels of the Sun and Tears of the Moon.

Long Time Coming
Long Time Coming
by Sandra Brown
122 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Not her best, March 20, 2001
I just saw this book at the library and picked it up. Sandra Brown is one of my favorite authors, but this book lacked her usual character developments. Though I admit that it was a nice storyline, it wasn't as well-written as some of her other books. I especially liked the character of David; he seemed really mature and understanding. I didn't really understand how Law could fall for Mariene. She seemed to cry and run away too much. However, for a quick and fun read, I recommend this book.