Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Baby Sale
Profile for aky13 > Reviews

Browse

aky13's Profile

Customer Reviews: 134

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

aky13 "dinosaurus13" RSS Feed (Olney, MD United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
AT&T CL2940 Corded Phone with Speakerphone, Extra-Large Tilt Display/Buttons, Caller ID/Call Waiting and Audio Assist, Black
Price: $23.49
193 used & new from $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned as Defective but had several good features. Do NOT be like me; READ reviews before buying!, August 21, 2015
I have no idea how the image was taken for the advertisement! The screen on the phone that I received was NO WHERE as sharp and clear. It was difficult to impossible to see in normal room light, in the middle of a sunny day. Admittedly, my den is not extremely bright, but it is ridiculous to need to turn on a room light or use a flash light to see the screen on the phone. IN SHORT - the photo in the ad is VERY misleading. When I tried increasing the contrast on the screen, all that happened was that the "hidden" "unused" numerals and characters became visible, INSTEAD of increasing the visibility of what I wanted and needed to see. Please see attached photos. I must admit to NOT having read reviews before buying this phone. Before I find a replacement, I will do research. The need for batteries/absence of an AC adapter is surprising and disappointing although not a fatal flaw by itself. Whatever I do buy to replace this phone will have a well lit screen and an AC adapter.

On the positive side - this phone offers perhaps the best call log facility I have ever seen in a telephone. Unlike other phones that I have, the call log was very easy to access and provided very clear and concise information. Apparently, the phone is well engineered for the hearing impaired (as I am). The few calls I had on this phone were clear and easy to understand. However, I did notice that the phone amplified the room air conditioner I have in my den. NOTE: I did NOT try the "audio assist" feature. In retrospect, I am wondering if it was turned ON and that is why the air conditioner was amplified?
Comment Comment | Permalink

Very Best of
Very Best of
Price: $11.49
52 used & new from $6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars It BLEW ME AWAY!, July 31, 2015
This review is from: Very Best of (Audio CD)
I was somewhat familiar with this group before I listened to this entire album on an American Airlines transatlantic flight. It BLEW ME AWAY! Musically, the harmonies and instrumental arrangements were nothing short of wonderful. While I loved, and purchased the CD through Amazon.com upon returning home, one track, in particular really does something for me and to me. The song "Hallelujah, written by Leonard Cohen, is one of those enigmatic songs that is far beyond my comprehension. BUT, there is something to the Gestalt of the piece, the rhythm, timing, something indefinable that reaches deep into my soul. Perhaps because the first time I ever heard it was on an episode of the Scrubs TV series. The song was played upon the passage of a beloved nurse character. While there are several performances of the song available, to my ears and soul, THIS ONE is the BEST ... PERIOD! While the entire CD is magnificent, it is worth the price for this one track!

Gates of Repentance: The New Union Prayerbook for the Days of Awe
Gates of Repentance: The New Union Prayerbook for the Days of Awe
by Chaim Stern
45 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy the newer edition!, July 27, 2015
I far prefer the new, all inclusive, edition. This edition is aimed at my parents' generation (I am 68). I believe that ALL humans are equal, male and female, all colors, all ethnicities, all "orientations."

Gates of Repentance (Hebrew Opening): Shaarei Teshuva; The New Union Prayerbook for the Days of Awe- Gender Inclusive Edition- Hebrew Opening
by Chaim Stern
55 used & new from $4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, July 27, 2015
A High Holiday prayer book for MODERN people. All inclusive. Probably heretical to the ultra-Orthodox. Want a prayer book to which YOU can relate? This is it! Excellent quotations and meditations from various authors.

Star Trek Into Darkness (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
Star Trek Into Darkness (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD)
DVD ~ Chris Pine
Offered by Zurie Toys
Price: $11.99
114 used & new from $3.47

3.0 out of 5 stars It is entertaining and OK, but that's all., July 27, 2015
Disappointing movie. To me, not as good as the first recent Star Trek.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 27, 2015 6:18 PM PDT

Mediabridge Component Video Cables with Audio (15 Feet) - Gold Plated RCA to RCA - Supports 1080i
Offered by Mediabridge Products, LLC
Price: $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, July 27, 2015
Good design and very usable. Bluerigger cables appear to be somewhat stronger. BUT, these usually do not get much movement or stress.

BlueRigger RCA Component Video and Audio Cable (25 Feet)
BlueRigger RCA Component Video and Audio Cable (25 Feet)
Offered by BlueRigger

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the purpose!, July 27, 2015
Well designed, well made. Excellent signal transmission.

KabelDirekt (25 feet) 270° Angle HDMI Cable (1080p 4K 3D High Speed with Ethernet ARC) - TOP Series
Offered by KabelDirekt Products
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb for Samsung flatscreens! Gets the HDMI cable out of the way if plugged into the side of the TV, July 27, 2015
PERFECT for the purpose. Solidly designed and manufactured. Excellent signal quality.

Calphalon Contemporary 8-Piece Stamped Steak Knife Set
Calphalon Contemporary 8-Piece Stamped Steak Knife Set
Price: $29.99
7 used & new from $29.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, July 27, 2015
Disappointing. TEARS meat instead of cutting it. I am sorry I bought these.

Decision in Philadelphia
Decision in Philadelphia
by James Lincoln Collier
55 used & new from $0.04

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL BOOK about the creation of our Constitution., July 27, 2015
In my opinion, one of the best books describing the process, debates, reasoning, logic and needs of the 13 colonies when forming our country. Well written. Easy to read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14