Profile for Tania Dakka > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 45

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Tania Dakka RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Year of the Brave Bear: Speak Up. Stand Out. Change Your World.
The Year of the Brave Bear: Speak Up. Stand Out. Change Your World.
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The bear in you is waiting to roar!, August 1, 2014
This was an amazing kick in the pants (not the shin) to get off my butt and get things done. We all go through struggles and have a "sob" story, but Berni teaches in these pages, once we let go we can take over the driver's seat. And that's what we're all working for. Thanks, Berni for sharing your story and the lessons you learned from it!

I'm off to kick some shin!

The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth: Entrepreneurship for Weirdos, Misfits, and World Dominators
Price: $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brogan delivers AGAIN, June 12, 2014
Chris Brogan has never delivered anything that didn't teach me loads of new tricks to making success happen. The chapter on time ALONE is worth twice the price of the book because if you put his advice to use? You'll roll in the success you're looking for. I'm on the second day of lists and have seen a new light shed on an old habit that I've just said goodbye to. Get this book if you want to make change that lasts and see your dreams come true.

The Healthy Smoothie Bible: Lose Weight, Detoxify, Fight Disease, and Live Long
The Healthy Smoothie Bible: Lose Weight, Detoxify, Fight Disease, and Live Long
Price: $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Busy Mamas - Your Excuse for Being Healthy Was JUST Thrown Out of the Window!, June 12, 2014
Farnoosh has put together a COMPLETE smoothie resource and is the last one I'll (or you'll!) need. She has over 100 recipes in here and covers the best approach to smoothies. I'm not new to this, but what I learned in here has changed the way I'll Smoothie from now on. And now, I'm off to bite the bullet and get a true blender. Amazing resource for mamas who want to put optimum nutrition into their kids (and themselves! No more "I'm too busy to be healthy")!

Manage Your Day-to-Day: Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus, and Sharpen Your Creative Mind (The 99U Book Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Re-reader, March 12, 2014
Actionable info that will have you reading and re-reading to make sure you tweak your systems to perfection. Love this!

Choose Yourself!
Choose Yourself!
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars NAILED IT!, March 3, 2014
This review is from: Choose Yourself! (Kindle Edition)
James Altucher NAILS it with intense stories and lots of guidance on getting the "daily practice" done. Love, love, love this! With his "been there, done that" perspective, he teaches you you CAN pull yourself off the rock bottom floor of sadness and despair, if you're willing to do the daily practice.

It's Not About the Tights: An Owners Manual on Bravery
It's Not About the Tights: An Owners Manual on Bravery
Price: $4.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't look anywhere else, January 26, 2013
Chris Brogan's "It's Not About the Tights" is a thorough and comprehensive look at ways to destroy our inner critic and step into our own CAPEs. Through this book and his Brave New Year course, he's transforming the way I see myself and the world around me - and my business. His thoughts and real world experience have altered the thoughts I think, the plans I make, and the actions I carry out every single day. Packed with his own Action Tips, "It's Not About the Tights" shows how to outgrow your confidence issues, how to accurately think of acceptance, and how to get the important things done that will help you improve your life and your business.

If you're looking for a book to help you gain confidence and take the actions to move your life forward, this book (and the Brave New Year course) is the last place you need to look.

Monstrous
Monstrous
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Broken city and ashen sky were everywhere..., January 6, 2013
This review is from: Monstrous (Kindle Edition)
Platt and Wright continue to deliver the heart-pounding stories we've grown accustomed to with Monstrous. The details of characters like Henry and Boothe make them come to life. You can literally see Boothe's anger in his calmness when Henry confronts him after pulling him back from where he was (oh, you thought I was going to tell you? Sorry!) But, as always it's from black and white that Platt conjures up the most gorgeously vibrant masterpieces with sentences like: "Broken city and ashen sky were everywhere, their colors all missing."

I defy you to find a more flowery image of deathly beauty anywhere. Great job, Platt & Wright...I'm never disappointed. Ever.

Now, stop reading these reviews and get the book, already:)

Dark Crossings Volume 2
Dark Crossings Volume 2
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars "White is the easiest color to see through", October 31, 2012
OMG! This collection is a must have by Platt and Wright! I literally could NOT put it down!
The beat and the rhythm of the stories moved me through each brief as if it were a heartbeat keeping me alive. Keeping the pages turning. Or I'd die.

And when I read the description of "Are We There Yet?" I had NO idea that it would be the fast paced, heart-pounding story that it was - but when she said he's always told white lies and white is the easiest color to see through, I thought...OMG how AWESOME is that! THIS is the kinds of writing that Platt and Wright always deliver. Always full of powerful metaphors and character. LOVE it!

And don't get me started on my favorite homicidal maniac, Boricio Wolfe! "What Would Boricio Do?" is reminiscent of the same endearing character that made me adore him in Yesterday's Gone...geez. It's just not right to be able to like a killer so much. He's a colorful character with endearing emotions that keep me on the edge of human...after all, nobody should have to put up with abuse, right?

Ok...enough...just go download the book already! I promise you'll love it!

Yesterday's Gone: Season Three (THE POST-APOCALYPTIC SERIAL THRILLER)
Yesterday's Gone: Season Three (THE POST-APOCALYPTIC SERIAL THRILLER)

5.0 out of 5 stars NEVER Disappointed! Always Surprised!, October 28, 2012
If you LOVE thrillers, you'll love Season 1, 2, and 3 of this series! I love the pace that Platt and Wright have written these books at! But more than that, I LOVE the characters!

Luca and Boricio are my two favorite characters ever and seeing them unfold into this powerful season of Yesterday's Gone was exactly what I was hoping for! But more than that, was the awesome fast paced fighting in the van between Ryan and the hive and himself in the van! OMG!! Talk about suspense and power! I couldn't put this Season down - but that's what I've come to expect from Platt and Wright and their work.

I have to commend these guys on stories well done - as always. Being able to write such fast-paced, heart pounding storylines is not easy and I LOVE ALL OF IT!!

Get these books if you love short, fast, powerful stories!!

Team Boricio!

The Impact Equation: Are You Making Things Happen or Just Making Noise?
The Impact Equation: Are You Making Things Happen or Just Making Noise?
by Chris Brogan
Price: $19.46
107 used & new from $0.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Applicable, Actionable, Awesome, October 25, 2012
Chris Brogan and Julien Smith deliver an awesome assessment of what it takes to succeed in business online. The best part is they teach you how to apply that knowledge. Full of worksheets and application tools, The Impact Equation is the online entrepreneur's guide to making it big.

This is not a "How to use social media" book. You aren't going to sift through hours of boring text that's been said 9M times. This is a business book. This is how to get your business to make an impact on your audience so you can make a real difference in their lives and, consequently, in your own.

The Impact Equation talks about teaches you about ideas, being brave, leveraging your platform, and how to resonate with the audience you need to reach. All backed with worksheets to help you do just that. I'm not a pagebender. I love my books. And I don't dogear my pages, but this book is bent from the beginning to the end so I don't lose one tidbit of what these guys have shared.

With real world results that are indisputable, these guys provide the proof that Impact = C*(R+E+A+T+E). If you're looking for a way to slice into today's online pie, this is your ticket. Don't hesitate to pick up your copy now! And don't forget about your friends - they want to be successful like you!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5