Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer bighero bighero bighero  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now
Profile for PJL > Reviews

Browse

PJL's Profile

Customer Reviews: 20

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

PJL RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Inside Out (Theatrical)
Inside Out (Theatrical)
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 26, 2015
Great movie for the family

Prostate Cancer: A Multidisciplinary Approach to Diagnosis and Management (Current Multidisciplinary Oncology)
by Adam P. Dicker MD PhD
Price: $149.12
29 used & new from $38.19

5.0 out of 5 stars ... has an extraordinary amount of material and may be useful as you decide whether or not to purchase this ..., September 23, 2015
The preview on Amazon really has an extraordinary amount of material and may be useful as you decide whether or not to purchase this textbook. It is truly comprehensive and draws on the expertise of nationally and internationally renowned experts in the field. It is well written and carefully edited. From molecular biology to the multiple new clinical agents, the book provides a good discussion of it all.

Jake Rake Ice Resurfacer
Jake Rake Ice Resurfacer

2.0 out of 5 stars It could be easily made at home with a trip to the hardware ..., January 30, 2015
I don't know if this item is worth it. It could be easily made at home with a trip to the hardware store. The thread to connect to hose was a poor choice - it doesn't work well. You will probably need to get a quick connect to make the connection easier.

Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life
Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life
Price: $9.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Adding to the praises of this book for those intent on pursuing holiness!, September 23, 2014
I try to be judicious in assigning stars to books and products, but I feel this is truly a five star book.

The material may not be for everyone, but for its intended audience, i.e. those intent on pursuing godliness, I have found this book to be worth reading and re-reading.

I disagree with those who say it is not practical - there are multiple concrete examples of how to _practice_ these disciplines... for example, taking a short chunk of Scripture and meditating on it; emphasizing different words of the text when speaking a verse in the mind or aloud; praying through a verse; setting a goal of writing down X number of insights about a particular goal; etc. (Forgive me if there are errors here in my recollection, I am going from memory).

While it is practical, he is also clear on our motivations to lead a spiritually disciplined life. I feel he was successful in increasing a spiritual hunger in the reader.

Again I would echo those who have mentioned this in their reviews and also JI Packer who wrote the introduction - this is book worth rereading!

I am going to ask to work through the book in a group setting at my church - it would work perfectly for a group study. I believe there are 13 chapters, so it could be easily done in one season of study.

You Can Change: God's Transforming Power for Our Sinful Behavior and Negative Emotions
Price: $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars worth reading if title resonates with you, October 30, 2013
Good book. Not great book. Felt beginning dragged on a bit.

But in the end lots of truth, good advice, and points to the source and power for change.

Good questions for self reflection. Overall very useful.

The Fruitful Life: The Overflow of God's Love Through You
The Fruitful Life: The Overflow of God's Love Through You

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read., August 20, 2013
Nourishing.
Challenging.
Inspiring.
Substantial.
Deeply grounded in Scripture.
Easily adapts to self or group study.
Excellent study questions with each chapter.

Master Lock 1177D ProSeries Resettable Combination Lock
Master Lock 1177D ProSeries Resettable Combination Lock
Price: $21.37
13 used & new from $18.60

1.0 out of 5 stars Won't open. UGH should have listened to the other reviewers!, August 13, 2013
Do not buy this lock!!! Based on the positive reviews, I took a gamble; but alas, I lost. Big time.

As other reviewers have said, after only a handful of uses and less than one month, the lock won't open.

It is not user error, it is manufacturer error.

Stay away, stay far, far away.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 23, 2015 2:27 PM PDT

KEEN Women's Newport H2 Sandal
KEEN Women's Newport H2 Sandal
Price: Click here to see our price

4.0 out of 5 stars Performs well for most activities; excellent in water, August 3, 2013
I just returned from a two week camping trip in Yellowstone and other nearby parks. Prior to leaving, I was reading reviews to see how the shoe would perform in various conditions and if it would be OK to bring as the only shoe on the trip. I decided to bring the shoe solo and this is my experience.

Hiking - Overall, a reasonably comfortable shoe for hiking. I'd give it a B rating. There are a couple of things which prevent the shoe from being an ideal hiking shoe, which are probably obvious to most but bear mentioning. From most serious to least serious - No ankle support is a negative in very rocky and uneven terrain. Little pebbles will come in the sandal and bother your feet. Your feet will get really dirty/dusty. You will get a weird-looking tan. Oh, and about blisters - I did get a little blister on the heel, only on one foot. Not sure if it was a fit issue and it didn't bother me much or prevent me from more hiking/walking.

Walking on pavement - no significant problems, A minus. The minus is just for the pebble and dust issues which are not as big of a deal on pavement.

Wading in rivers - this is where the shoe really shines, A plus. I tried wading a rocky riverbed barefoot and quickly went back for these sandals. Brilliant! Protected my soles from the rocks, good traction, built for water so no soggy sneaker afterward. This is what the shoe is designed for.

Kayaking - A minus. I would have thought that the shoe would perform just as well for kayaking as it did in the river, but not quite. Ok for the kayak, but stepping out onto the beach was miserable. The beach was very small pebbles, and as previously mentioned, the shoe does not mix well with small pebbles. It mixes even more poorly with wet small pebbles which stick to each other and to your feet. Still, I give it an A minus because the issue was beach-specific.

Horseback riding - B rating. Not an ideal shoe for getting in and out of stirrups quickly. But still comfortable and no major issues.

Relaxing at camp - B rating. The shoe is OK, but not as comfortable as a flip-flop for this purpose. You can't slip it on (I always needed a hand to pull up the ankle strap), and if you try to step on it without putting it on, the toggle digs into the sole of your foot (for example, coming out of a shower).

So, in summary - a good shoe to turn to for multiple activities, but really shines in the water. The item that bothered me the most on the trip was the pebble issue - so if you are walking over ground that has lots of little pebbles, try another shoe.

Croakies Eyewear Retainer,Black, fits medium frames, 16 inches
Croakies Eyewear Retainer,Black, fits medium frames, 16 inches
Price: $8.09
10 used & new from $2.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Agree with other reviews, product not worth the price, May 15, 2013
I really should have read the reviews prior to purchasing this product. This product is essentially a length of neoprene that is ~3/4 inch wide and 16 in long. The two ends have been sewn over to create a sleeve that will fit over your eyeglasses-- one hopes!!! I found, along with many of the other reviewers, that the sleeves are just too narrow for the polarized glasses I was trying to secure. Granted, the frames at the temple are wide, and had I read the reviews, I probably would have went with a different style of eyewear retainer.

But!!! it was also not worth it to me to return these, so I was trying to figure out a solution to make them work. What I did was cut open the sleeves so now I had the 3/4 wide length of neoprene. There was a narrow part of the frame (about 3/8 in wide and 1/8 in thick). So I sewed the neoprene back together over this narrow part and voila, eyeglass retainer. The only disadvantage to this is that the neoprene is permanently affixed to the sunglass frame. And I paid way too much for a length of neoprene.

BTW, the end of the temple arms for the sunglasses I was trying to fit into the sleeves was 1/2 inch wide. So definitely don't try to use these if your sunglasses are those dimensions. There's no way a 3/4 inch wide piece of neoprene can get wrapped around a temple tip that is 1/2 inch. It might possibly work if your temple tips are up to 3/8 inch wide, but I think these will work best for wire-type temple arms.

FYI, if you have frames that have wide arms, I believe there was a Croakies XL product to consider.

Professional Dog-Cat-Pet Urine Detector-Urine Finder Light Makes Finding Stains Easy. Free 1 Year Replacment Guarantee. Manufactured by Leading National Experts in Pet Odor Detection and Removal. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job., November 26, 2012
Our cat had urinary problems and started to have accidents in our house... we really needed something to help us find those offensive spots. Overall the reviews on this product seemed good, so I thought I'd give it a try - it definitely worked for us. We didn't need it to be pitch black, but at least dark. Spots glowed clearly. Assembly of flashlight with batteries was simple. It seems well made - no complaints. I'd attach pictures, but I'm embarrassed to show them!

Addendum - I noticed after posting the review that this particular product did not have a lot of reviews. I think I picked this product because of prime shipping and it looked like the same product as another item with good reviews. In any case, it works very well. As the other reviewer said, it is very bright.

Page: 1 | 2