Profile for Mr. D. Sullivan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 25

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Mr. D. Sullivan "Daniel" RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
D:fi D:struct Medium Hold Molding Creme with Low Shine, 2.6 Ounce
D:fi D:struct Medium Hold Molding Creme with Low Shine, 2.6 Ounce
Offered by BEAUTY IT IS
Price: $8.99
39 used & new from $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well and smells nice (much better than its twin product), February 2, 2015
This is a better smelling version of American Crew's Forming Cream.

Wrightsock Men's Coolmesh II Quarter Single Socks, Grey, Large
Wrightsock Men's Coolmesh II Quarter Single Socks, Grey, Large
Price: $8.54
3 used & new from $7.94

1.0 out of 5 stars If you like the old Coolmesh, you'll hate these., February 2, 2015
Ugh ... I've been wearing the Wrightsock Coolmesh for the past 8 years. The Coolmesh II are much thinner on the bottom than the previous version--in the exact spot where the socks eventually wear through. The added fit band in the middle was unnecessary and just makes them difficult to pull on. I wasted $50 on 6 pairs of these because I was so confident in Wrightsock quality.

I bought the 6-pack of the Coolmesh on a different site and 6 pairs of Coolmesh II from Amazon. The difference in quality is staggering--another example of a company trying to maximize its profits by reducing its product quality. Hate, hate, hate the way these fit and the added "features" are actually just ways to use less thread. Wrightsock ruined a great product.

American Crew Forming Cream, 3 Ounce
American Crew Forming Cream, 3 Ounce
Offered by Salon Logistix
Price: $12.20
74 used & new from $7.04

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect., January 15, 2015
I've been using this product for 10 years.

2 short observations:

1. American Crew also makes difi distruct, which is the same product but with a better smell (imo, but I think most would agree).

2. If either product is shipped when it's too hot outside or left in a hot car, the ingredients will break down and it will be ruined.

iPhone 6 Case, Spigen Neo Hybrid Metal Case for iPhone 6 (4.7-Inch) - Space Gray (SGP11176)
Price: $23.29
15 used & new from $15.20

3.0 out of 5 stars Read this before buying., September 18, 2014
UPDATED: 9/26/2104 - Ordered Apple's black leather case, and I'm much happier. The Apple logo is really discreet on the leather case, and I think that's a good thing. After watching drop tests for the iPhone 6, it doesn't really need much of a case. I wish this case was better. I think the aluminum bumper on the Spigen was hurting my WiFi signal, the mute button was absurdly hard to reach. Plus, it does add more bulk to the edges than is necessary--probably only a millimeter per side, but that's enough to be noticeable--especially compared to Apple's leather case. I'm lowering my rating from 4 stars to 3 stars, because at least Spigen tried to make a pretty, unique case. It's mostly functional, though perhaps with some signal loss. I don't have a great signal at my residence, and the aluminum seemed to negatively impact my connection--I tried it at least 10 times, just to make sure I wasn't imagining the drop. So, anyway. Anyway, I'm returning mine.

UPDATED: 9/21/2014 - I received the Neo Hybrid Metal. I originally had purchased the standard Neo Hybrid (plastic version), but word is that the regular Neo Hybrid (plastic version) has issues with the buttons--I thought the White one I purchased looked cheap, but the buttons issue means it would have gone back even if I had liked the appearance. So, on to the Neo Hybrid Metal.

I so thought the Aluminum version of this case would be amazing--even after I read some reviews about the mute switch being inaccessible, I STILL thought it would be amazing. And the Neo Hybrid Metal has lots of potential--but it also has some flaws. I bought the blue version, and the color looks more dull than in the pictures. It looks pricey--and the buttons work perfectly, the buttons I can reach, anyway. At first, I was certain that I couldn't reach the mute switch, but if I put the tip of my index finger in there, I can move it, barely. I might have to send the case back because of the mute switch issue, but it's growing on me.

I'm also concerned about the shiny metal ring at the edge of the bumper--it reflects a lot of light, but generally only when the phone is tilted. I'll have to try it for a few days to see it it's a genuine distraction.

I feel like Apple made the phone that way to force case sales, because they probably make as much off each case as each phone, and now it looks like I might to be forced to purchase an Apple case. Has anyone found an iPhone 6 case that is awesome?

___________________

Old review:

As of 9/18/2014, there are THREE separate and distinct cases listed on this one product page.

Neo Hybrid - Shiny buttons, full TPU back (no logo cutout). Beware that at least one of the colors lists 'metal' in the title, but this version of the case is plastic. I like the feel of the TPU, but not the plastic bumper. Purchased. Returning. 3 stars.

Neo Hybrid EX - Same as above, but no back to the TPU portion, so this is just a bumper (back of iPhone is exposed).

Neo Hybrid Metal - TPU back has a logo cutout, which I don't like (TPU portion is not interchangeable with Neo Hybrid). But the big plus about this one is that the bumper and buttons are real aluminum instead of plastic. I haven't received this one yet, but I'm betting metal version feels about 1,000 times classier that the standard plastic Neo Hybrid--I'll update if I feel otherwise or experience fit issues. Purchased.

Also, this case is quite thin--it won't add tons of protection, but it will keep the display from directly contacting tables and recess the exposed camera nubbin.

Hope this helps.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2014 12:26 PM PDT

BUNN MCU Single Cup Multi-Use Home Coffee Brewer
BUNN MCU Single Cup Multi-Use Home Coffee Brewer
Price: $180.06
44 used & new from $70.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Parents Love This, January 20, 2014
I've owned two Keurigs, and both had their issues. This Bunn is better than my Keurigs for many reasons:

Easier to clean. Heats faster. More consistent. Takes up WAY less space on the counter. Looks nicer (stainless steel). More brewing options.

Anyway, the only drawback is that it doesn't have water storage, but getting a Nalgene narrow mouth water bottle solves that problem. And really, the water storage on the Keurig was always an issue because it would gain calcium deposits and I would worry about the water being stale. Anyway, this Bunn MCU is better than a Keurig.

I bought this as a 2012 Christmas gift for my parents (when it was just on the market) and they use it daily (and still rave about it).

If I Built a Car
If I Built a Car
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $6.64

5.0 out of 5 stars 4-Y-O Nephew Loves This Book, January 20, 2014
This review is from: If I Built a Car (Kindle Edition)
And with good reason. This is exactly what a kid's book should be. It's imaginative, funny, well-animated, and fun. There are a few silly big words thrown in for kicks. I'm surprised that Chris Van Dusen isn't a household name, given that he does both the writing and illustrations for his books. He is extremely talented.

I noticed that one reviewer posted that this book promotes smoking. Hardly. There is one picture of a stranger on a pier with a pipe, but in no way does the book glorify or promote smoking. The pipe fits the old-timey feel of the book and scene, as this car looks like it is from the 1950s. Anyway, I was blown away by the quality of the illustrations and writing. Well done, Mr. Van Dusen.

Feather Double Edge Razor Blades 30 Ct
Feather Double Edge Razor Blades 30 Ct
Offered by Thaeyong
Price: $10.83
12 used & new from $7.06

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for me., January 20, 2014
I don't spend 20 minutes shaving, but these blades often leave me with cuts, and they only last between 1-2 shaves before they start tugging at my beard.

I wanted Feather blades because I figured I'd buy what many consider "the best" and be done blade shopping, but other blades are far more forgiving, and, for me, provide a shave that is just as close as the Feather blades. I so have to shave with two passes, regardless of the blade.

Anyway, I tried some BlueBirds that came as a sample with my last order of Feather blades, and they're much more forgiving. Ordered 50, giving them a shot. I'm also interested in trying the Gillette Silver Blues.

Lucky Line 81101 Key Ring
Lucky Line 81101 Key Ring
Offered by EValue
Price: $2.99
15 used & new from $1.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it so far!, February 8, 2013
First, you do need to figure out the proper way to open this keychain. There's now a video posted on how to open it. After a few tries, you'll get the opening/closing down.

Some notes on this item:

1. Opening and closing this keychain requires a twist, so you can't have it too filled with keys. The benefit is that no one's going to know how to get any keys off your keychain.

2. I'm using these to attach individual metal USB drives to my normal keychain (for transport), and it's the most simple, speedy way I've found to keep my files secure.

3. The connectors are a silver color, and look better than the cheap gold color pictured.

4. Compared to the 71101, the connectors on this look solid, but on the 71101 the connection method is easily visible. Thus, aesthetically, the 81101 looks better.

5. Summary: if you have a lot of keys and need to remove them quickly, the 71101 is probably better. If you want to hold a few keys in an ultra-secure manner, this twist version is better than the 71101.

Graft Concepts GRALEVBLKMAT Leverage - 1 Pack - Screen Protectors - Retail Packaging - Black/Matte
Offered by HipCases

1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware. Major Design Flaw. Graft Won't Honor Warranty., January 10, 2013
I received the black graft concepts case as a Christmas gift last year. At first I thought it was really cool. Actually I thought it was pretty cool for the first six months.

And then I was showing the case to a friend at law school, and the button popped out. The button is held in place by a tiny plastic piece. It broke. I contacted Graft and they actually sent me a replacement case, which was cool, though their customer service department took several days to respond to my email.

A few months back, the button on my case popped out again. This time the little plastic piece that holds the button in place randomly broke while in my pocket. Obviously the little place piece that holds it in place broke again. I'm not a heavy phone user. This case has a glaring design flaw. The little piece that holds the button in place could easily be made of metal. Until graft fixes the case, you can be sure yours will break within six months. Graft wouldn't honor my warranty the second time around.

A new button probably only costs them a few cents, plus a stamp. Heck, I'd even buy one. Instead they offered me a discount on a new case--so frustrating when companies don't take care of their customers.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 10, 2013 7:55 AM PDT

Tomcat Glue Boards (Captures Mice and Other Household Pests, Eugenol Formula, 4-Pack)
Price: $2.36
11 used & new from $2.09

1.0 out of 5 stars Questionable Product Quality, July 28, 2012
I just watched a spider escape from one of these. It was new and sticky, but the spider was able to unstick two legs. I think Catchmaster makes a better product.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3