Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Brett Dennen Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS
Profile for Jen > Reviews

Browse

Jen's Profile

Customer Reviews: 230

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Jen RSS Feed (Lebanon, PA)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
InStyler STRAIGHT UP Ceramic Straightening Brush
InStyler STRAIGHT UP Ceramic Straightening Brush
Price: $59.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not work well on thick, curly hair, May 22, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have very thick, naturally curly/frizzy hair, and this just does not work that well on my hair. I have been straightening my hair for over a year now, but it takes so long to do it and often just did not have the time (or energy) when I was working 50-60 hours a week to straighten it. When I use my flat iron, it usually takes me 30-45 minutes to straighten my hair and it will stay straight until I wash it again.

I was excited to try out this straightening brush since it claimed to do the same job as a flat iron in a shorter amount of time, though I had my doubts. The brush does make it much easier, especially on my arms, and took less time, but it was obvious that I had spent less time on my hair. I tried again, this time spending more time with the brush and ended up with the same results. The brush leaves my hair mostly straight, but with some frizz and a few waves near the roots.

I suppose if you have finer hair that is not curly, this would probably work. It is nice for touch-ups if I get rained on in between flat iron sessions, though it's just as easy to grab my flat iron and get it done correctly. This is just yet another product that makes promises that will never work for people with hair like mine. I'll stick to my flat iron.

iCollection Women's Plus-Size Mesh and Lace Overlay Microfiber Babydoll, Coral/Black, 2X
Price: $32.85
5 used & new from $31.06

3.0 out of 5 stars Cups are too small, May 22, 2016
I like this lingerie, as well as all of the other ones I've bought from iCollection, but this one seems to be smaller in the chest area than the other ones I bought. I seem to be a 2XL in iCollection sizes -- I have another piece in 3XL and it is too big, and another babydoll in 2XL which seems to fit perfect, though maybe a bit big in certain areas. My bra size is a 38DD and I often have trouble finding lingerie that will fit me in the chest area. The other 3 I have from iCollection fit perfectly fine there, with maybe a little extra space. However, this one is a bit small, so if I bend over I start to fall out of it (obviously my fiancé doesn't mind that). I still like it and bought it at an amazing price ($6.50!), but it doesn't seem to be consistent with the other iCollection sizes. It is very pretty and soft, so if you are not as busty, I certainly recommend it.

Gaiam Sol Studio Select Dry-Grip Travel Yoga Mat, Sangria, 2mm
Gaiam Sol Studio Select Dry-Grip Travel Yoga Mat, Sangria, 2mm
Price: $46.44

3.0 out of 5 stars Grips my feet, but not exactly the floor, May 22, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This mat is really thin, which allows for easy transportation and storage, but it hardly has any cushioning. The surface has a nice touch and stops my feet from sliding, though the under side doesn't exactly grip the floor. It mostly stays in place on my rug, not so much on my wood-laminate floor. The mat also seems to collect every piece of dirt and every pet hair in the area. Bottom line it, if you need a light-weight mat for travel, or do not want a lot of cushioning, this is probably the one for you. Otherwise, there are better mats available.

HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Wireless All-in-One Color Inkjet Printer, Instant Ink ready. (M9L75A)
Price: Click here to see our price
21 used & new from $165.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, May 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
While the printer prints fast and in good quality, I am not overly impressed with it when compared to other printers I have used. When I first set it up, the very first message it gave me was "paper jam." There was not a paper jam, so I pressed the button to continue as if the jam was cleared. The printer then requires you to go to the website to continue setup, which the address provided in the documentation took me to a page that did not work -- "Download" was displayed on the page, but there was no link connected to it. Instead, I had to search HP's website to find the drivers to continue setup. I figured that maybe since it was a new product, the site wasn't quite ready for consumers. I also have yet to print to it from my smartphone (a Samsung Galaxy S5) since the HP app crashes every time.

The printer takes a little bit to start printing, but it does print fast once it's going. Colors are vibrant, though black print doesn't look as black as I am used to. I haven't yet had a chance to mess with the settings to see if something is off. However, when printing multiple documents it stops briefly in between and it plays a little noise after each print job (which I find extremely annoying). It's still fast, but just not as fast as other printers I have used. We have three Epson printers in the house and all of them print faster (and nicer) than this one, I was just hoping to find another brand since we've had two Epson printers that stopped working and had to be replaced over the past year.

I also do not like the way the printer is designed. The paper tray is smaller than am used to and the paper output is sort of a weird position. I cannot see the practicality behind this design and it makes the printer seem twice as large. I suppose I am just used to standard printer designs and, though I wanted to like this printer, I just am not crazy over it.

My biggest issue with the printer has been a few printing issues. I am working on a special project and this printer has screwed up four times -- twice it pulled paper in an inch and then started printing and twice it left black streaks on the back of the paper. Fortunately, I was testing print quality and the look of the project on regular paper before using the special paper I bought for this project (I am printing my own "Save the Date" cards). When comparing the HP printed card with one printed on my old Epson, I can clearly see a difference in quality. The HP does a good enough job when using HP photo paper, but not regular paper.

DII Bone Dry Warm, Soft, Plush, Pet Throw Blanket for Couch, Car, Trunk, Cage, Kennel, Dog House, 50x60", Gray
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The cat loves it!, May 1, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This blanket is extremely soft and does keep pet hair off the furniture. When I first put it on my couch, my dog was hesitant to jump on it, thinking it was not for her. My big cat, however, made himself at home and laid right down on it. Once I gave to okay to my dog, so too laid down on it next to the cat, but the cat has pretty much claimed it for himself. Fortunately, that cat is grey (the black cat doesn't seem to care) and I received a grey blanket for review, so his hair blends in nicely. He loves to lay on it and often kneads it while purring, so I'm guessing he definitely gives it five stars.

The blanket is very soft and warm. I actually covered up with it the other day, which my cat then wanted to lay in my lap under "his" blanket. I haven't seen anywhere near as much pet hair on the couch since getting the blanket, meaning they are preferring to lay on the blanket and the pet hair is contained to the blanket. A simple shake outside removes much of the hair, and it is not too big that it can't go in the washing machine. (I have not washed it yet, but it feels as if it will hold up pretty well.) This will be a huge help when taking my dog to the vet as well since it is big enough to cover the back seat of the car. I love this blanket so much that I might just buy a second one so my dog has one for her bed...one that I'm sure the other cat will claim.

Paper Mate Inkjoy Gel Pens, Medium Point, 8-Pack, Black (1958856)
Paper Mate Inkjoy Gel Pens, Medium Point, 8-Pack, Black (1958856)
Price: $10.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent pens, April 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I took this pack to work with me and everyone loved them! We have been trying out different pens in an attempt to find ones we all like. Everyone preferred these over the other ones I recently bought. They write very smoothly and have a nice feel to them. I would definitely rate them 5 stars, but I don't think they are quite worth the price. I tend to prefer the Uniball Signo 207 pens when I want a gel pen, mainly for their grip, feel and weight, and they are cheaper than these.

Philips SatinShave Advanced Wet & dry cordless shaver, 4 accessories
Philips SatinShave Advanced Wet & dry cordless shaver, 4 accessories
Price: $39.99
2 used & new from $37.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I'll stick with my razor, April 18, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Though convenient to use, especially when you need a quick shave without water, it does not give you the smooth feel you get with a regular razor. I tried both with water and without water and found no difference in smoothness. It's still a nice razor and my fiancé said my legs felt smooth to him, it was just bothering me. My only complaint is the rounded cap makes it difficult to lay it down without it rolling away, which resulted in it falling to the floor once from the sink. It still works fine, so at least I know it won't break that easily, or at least not after one fall.

Zenna Home 7656PC, Toilet Paper Reserve, Satin Chrome
Zenna Home 7656PC, Toilet Paper Reserve, Satin Chrome
Price: $10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical and space-saving, March 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This toilet paper holder does its job while taking up minimal space. It easily holds four rolls of toilet paper and is not much wider than the rolls. Before, we just kept extra toilet paper under the sink like a well kept secret, but now it is out for everyone to see! Let's be honest: unless you don't have a spot for extra toilet paper rolls, this is all about style and function. Toilet paper is easy to grab from this holder and it looks nice. It makes me feel better when guests use the bathroom too since they can clearly see spare toilet paper. Plus I don't have to worry that the toilet paper is going to be ruined if the sink leaks -- yes, that happened to me once. It's practical, it looks nice, it doesn't take up much space, and it frees up space under my bathroom sink for more toilet paper! What more could a person ask from such a simple, useful product? I definitely recommend it to anyone who has a bathroom and/or uses toilet paper.

1200 Thread Count 4 Piece Cotton Blend Solid Duvet Cover, Full/Queen, Grey
1200 Thread Count 4 Piece Cotton Blend Solid Duvet Cover, Full/Queen, Grey
Price: $69.99
3 used & new from $69.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Lumpy look after just one week, March 16, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
First off, I do like the fabric and the color is kind of nice, though, depending on the lighting, the grey looks a bit reddish in tint. Personally, I like the feel of the fabric, but I also prefer more of a poly-cotton blend in my sheets because I don't like fabric that feels warm or sticks to me. I have two cats and a dog, and this fabric doesn't not attract every little piece of pet hair in the house, unlike some other bedding fabrics I have bought in the past. It also has some weight to it, making it feel more durable. Honestly, I would probably try sheets made of the same fabric if I could find them for a reasonable price.

I had wanted to get a duvet cover for my aging blanket for some time, I just never did, so I definitely jumped at the chance to review this product. I was able to easily put it on my blanket. It is a bigger wider than my blanket, which, I think, made it easier. I was afraid the width would be a problem, but it didn't seem to be. However, after only a week, my blanket started to roll up inside the duvet cover, making it impossible for it to lay flat. The blanket began to roll at the head of the bed and was sticking out a bit where the opening is at the foot. Maybe it's my blanket or the way I sleep -- I do tend to throw my blankets around when I get hot. Either way, the lumpy-ness looked horrible and was not comfortable, so I removed the duvet from the blanket.

The cover itself is fairly thick, and since I tend to get hot this time of year, as we transition into spring weather, I plan to use the duvet as a blanket by itself. I intend to buy a new comforter before next winter, so hopefully it will not give me as much trouble with the duvet as my blanket, which is one my grandmother made me that is just really fraying at the ends.

The pillow cases leave much to be desired. I am not really a fan of pillow shams to begin with, but I obviously wanted to give them a try. My other pillow shams (which match my curtains and bedspread) are open in the back, with fabric that overlays to keep the pillow covered. These are open on the side, so my pillows work their way out a bit after some use. I don't use those pillows to sleep, but do use them when I want to prop myself up to read or watch TV. Overall, I'm just not very impressed with the set.

Toshiba Satellite Fusion 15 L55W-C5153 L55W-C/5153 15.6" Laptop (Silver)
Toshiba Satellite Fusion 15 L55W-C5153 L55W-C/5153 15.6" Laptop (Silver)
Offered by OriginElectronics
Price: $778.00
7 used & new from $750.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop...except for the touchpad, March 1, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is a very fast laptop with a beautiful display and very responsive touchscreen. The time it takes to load programs, and even Windows itself, is quite impressive. The touchscreen is extremely responsive and it is probably the best display I have ever seen on any computer. The back-lit keyboard is very convenient, though the keys have a very plastic-y feel to them, unlike my Windows 7 Toshiba.

Windows 10 has its pros and cons, which really depend on the preference of the user. I am not particularly fond of it as it makes such a powerful computer seem like it's little more than an oversize tablet. However, the integration does make it easy for my job since I can have both my work and personal mail and calendars easily available without additional software (such as Outlook).

My only complaint about this laptop is the touchpad, which sucks in comparison to other Toshiba touchpads I have used (and most other non-Toshiba touchpads). I was disappointed with the responsiveness of the touchpad at first, but there is a setting to change the delay, which definitely made it much better. However, that then made it far too sensitive most of the time, yet still unresponsive at other times, resulting in frustration. I do find myself using the touchscreen a lot though since I am used to using one at work and it is much faster. There also isn't a scroll area on the touchpad, which is disappointing.

Aside from the horrible touchpad (and maybe I got a bad one), this is a really great laptop. Just do yourself a favor and get a wireless mouse.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20