Profile for Steph > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 371

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Steph "booklover" RSS Feed (California)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
France Luxe Delicate Chignon - Tortoise
France Luxe Delicate Chignon - Tortoise
Offered by France Luxe
Price: $18.00

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 1/2 stars The material is very flexible and good durable material but it does need a bit of practice to use it properly., October 20, 2014
Got the Nacro Black and love it -matches a lot of things.
This does hold up my hair (mind hair is 3 inches past my shoulders) However, I do find I have to repin it 2-3 times during the day because I don't like to pull my hair extremely tight. The material is very flexible and good durable material but it does need a bit of practice to use it properly. (Check you tube etc for ways to pin it.) It measures ~ 4 inches long and has a curve that you do need with this material to anchor the hair up better. I like that it looks a lot more sophisticated than the stretchy bands and the claw clips plus is fast to pin up and I don't seem to loose as much while hair using it. I just wish it was a little bit longer and slightly thicker on the prongs. The only other recommendation is that if you have a lot of hair you might want to buy two for better security.
As an aside: Impressed with great customer service from company, returned another France Luxe product by them and there was no hassle. Will be buying more of this product with great return policy.

Mason Pearson Brothers Pocket Bristle All Boar Bristle Hair Brush B4, 1 Count
Mason Pearson Brothers Pocket Bristle All Boar Bristle Hair Brush B4, 1 Count
Offered by Parisa of London
Price: $73.95
24 used & new from $73.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed -higher price also gives it higher standards which I felt it didn't reach., October 20, 2014
Disappointed with brush. It does spread natural oils to make you hair more glossy, but I was looking for something gentle when brushing my hair since I had it highlighted and it became more brittle. However, this one still manage to pull out equal amounts of hairs as my cheap five dollar brush. I like that is it nice for smaller hands. But I also have longer hair (3 inches past my shoulders) and it takes a longer time to brush with these bristles since I have to divide my hair into small sub sections. It does not seem to 'grab' your hair but instead sort off glides over it. Overall, I agree with other reviewers. I think this is better for thinner, finer hair that is shorter. If you have thick hair, you will get impatient unless you find brushing your hair meditative/relaxing - which might not be a bad thing.
If it was a third of the cost I would be pretty pleased with the brush. But the high price also gives it higher standards which I felt it didn't reach for me.

Gluten-Free Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day: The Baking Revolution Continues with 90 New, Delicious and Easy Recipes Made with Gluten-Free Flours
by Jeff Hertzberg
Price: $18.96
42 used & new from $14.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating to see how you treat the dough differently than traditional bread recipes. Plus, it is less work!, October 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This book will inspire you to bake bread even if you don’t have a gluten intolerance.
I got this book because a good friend is gluten free and wanted to make a surprise for him. But instead found myself fascinated by all the different flours available and the baking process. Ass I can say is, no longer will people with gluten free issues have to ‘make do.’ As stated earlier, this book is a big eye opener. It has larger print which makes it easy to read in the kitchen and gives step by step pictures and details for the beginner. The only thing I could wish for are more color photos. But what really made my eyes pop was the idea that the dough could be stored in the refrigerator or freezer for later use. And it was fascinating to see how you treat the dough differently than traditional bread recipes. Plus, it is less work!

Anyone that loves bread and likes to bake will learn a lot and enjoy having this addition to their library of useful books. I know do.

Crouching Tiger, Forbidden Vampire (Love at Stake)
Crouching Tiger, Forbidden Vampire (Love at Stake)
by Kerrelyn Sparks
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: $7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars A funny and entertaining romance with zany character and a lot of heart. Even the villains have a bit of humor., October 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Kerrelyn Sparks knows how to write a funny and entertaining romance with zany character and a lot of heart. Even the villains have a bit of humor. This is the perfect book to lighten up your day and bring a ‘Spark’ to it! As part of her popular Love a Stake series there are several returning characters. While the book can be read as a stand alone. Readers familiar with the series will no doubt find the addition of beloved characters all the more fun and heart warming.

Russell is a Vietnam vet transformed into a vampire when he was in his prime. When he wakes up three decades later everyone he knows is dead or living their own life. Alone and angry, his recourse is single-minded vengeance aimed at the evil vampire Master Han. The vampire that created him. But when Russell finally finds Master Han his revenge is cut short by a plucky Chinese tiger shifter named Jia. And Russell finds himself being sidetracked by her beauty. Especially when she wants to team up with him to kill Master Han. But Russell doesn’t do partnerships or relationships. Will Jia change his mind?

This book was exciting, funny and I just loved to two main characters. (I also like that the author is not afraid to create couples from different cultures.) What I found hilarious is how Russell and Jia finally become a team. Russell doesn’t want anyone else to care for even -if she is hot. But he finds himself constantly rescuing Jia and having her join with him just for his own peace of mind! Jia want revenge on Master Han for killing her family and no vampire is going to stop her no matter how hot he is either! I liked how Jia’s exuberance opens the cold, hardened Russell up and how he seems a bit confused and bewildered by it all. Together they made a couple that I could see loving and living together despite any differences. The book also has a good plot twist that will surprise readers. Readers that enjoy lot of humor, loveable characters and the paranormal will find a haven and their funny bone in this entertaining read.

Crouching Tiger Forbidden Vampire is already on of my favs in her series.

DII 100% Cotton, Printed Damask Chef Kitchen Apron, Machine Washable, Great Hostess Gift, Cooking or Baking Apron with Pockets, Gray
Price: $14.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Practical apron -wanted more. No adjustable strap at neck resulting in unattractive and bulky top for smaller people., October 17, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Practical apron but wanted more. The print design on the apron is lovely as well as the deep pockets. It is made a durable canvas like material, that will probably wrinkly after cleaning. However, the construction while very ‘smart’ doesn’t quite work, especially if you are of a smaller stature. It would have been better if the apron came in 3 sizes: small, medium and large. The reason is because, although it is meant to be one size fits all, it is very baggy on me particularly on the top.
Most aprons have an adjustable strap at the neck for smaller people. The company that made this decided to do away with that and instead there is a continuous strap from the waist to neck. Which mean to shorten the top/neck area you pull at the waist straps and the entire apron rides up. Well, while this did give me great coverage I looked like a rectangle and the top was loose and baggy. While I admire the idea the actual result was less than desired. When I saw this apron I thought it would be like a cute front dress look but because of the construction it was no where near tailored for me -a big disappointment.
Serviceable, nice print but not attractive and bulky on the top for smaller people.

Jabra STORM Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black
Jabra STORM Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black
Price: $79.99
4 used & new from $72.79

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommend this headset especially if u r on the phone for long periods or just want to listen to the great sound quality, October 7, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This headset is surprisingly light weight, comfortable and stays in place pretty well. (I have small ears and while it fits, it was a little loose.) The best thing is the sound quality. I listened to several of my favorite musical pieces and could hear the background bass. It was a surprisingly rich sound. I liked wandering around my place listening to music as I did chores and didn’t have to worry about being to loud! It was also easy to sync with other devices such as my phone, since I am tech challenged that was a big plus!
I highly recommend this headset especially if you are on the phone for long periods or just want to listen to music without disturbing others.

The Kitchen Ecosystem: Integrating Recipes to Create Delicious Meals
The Kitchen Ecosystem: Integrating Recipes to Create Delicious Meals
by Eugenia Bone
Price: $17.76
60 used & new from $13.42

5.0 out of 5 stars It seems like a fancy book but the author has made her food very accessible for the home cook., October 1, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Kitchen Ecosystem is a wonderful cook book. It is the type of book that inspires you to be creative. I love the pictures and the savory recipes the best. But it made me think how I use my ingredients. It seems like a fancy book but the author has made her food very accessible for the home cook. It explains in detail techniques such as in pastries, crepes or making your own canned food, oils and syrups. This book is definitely something you can use to build your own palate and cooking style from.
This is a keeper!

Proctor Silex 26044A Mess Free Belgian Style Waffle Maker
Proctor Silex 26044A Mess Free Belgian Style Waffle Maker
Price: $29.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a fancy waffle maker but it does get the job done. But I like thick waffles with deep wells for the goodies & this doesn't, September 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This waffle maker looks sleek and I like that you can change the settings. It isn’t a fancy waffle maker -but it does get the job done. However, it does not come with directions on recommend cooking temperatures, so you will have to experiment with it for a bit to see what works for you, so big minus especially if you don’t want to waste batter. As prior reviews mentioned, it is also true that the waffle make does make thinner than expected waffles. And I do like mine thick and fluffy/light, you can’t get that with a thin waffle nor the deep wells to put all your goodies like butter and syrup. So for me thinner it isn’t nearly as fun to eat or make. I also used my oil/spray on the machine to make sure it will last longer and recommend other people do the same even though it is marketed as stick free.

OXO Easy Press Stainless Steel Soap Dispenser
OXO Easy Press Stainless Steel Soap Dispenser
Price: $15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The construction isn’t revolutionary, but it is something I will be using a long time., September 30, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This OXO Soap/Lotion Dispenser has a very sturdy feel to it. It is mainly made of plastic and the top pump bottom encompasses the entire top which is nice. It is thick, durable and has a heavy weight, it will not tilt easily. The construction isn’t revolutionary, it has a screw top to remove the pump and top to add your solution.
This will be something I will be using a long time.

BISSELL BOLT ION PLUS 2-in-1 Lightweight Cordless Vacuum, 18v, 13121
BISSELL BOLT ION PLUS 2-in-1 Lightweight Cordless Vacuum, 18v, 13121
Price: $199.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I felt it worked well for small messes especially in hard to reach areas but it needs constant cleaning -small storage space, September 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This vacuum is nice and compact. The handle folds down for easy storage to a 2 foot height so it fits easily into my closet.
Besides being small, the inner section can be conveniently removed to serve as a hand vacuum. It also comes with several attachments. One for the full vacuum mode and 3 other attachments that have an extra extender to attach to the hand vacuum. The hand vacuum attachment are a bit clunky and are brushes or tubes to reach hard to get areas.
Besides being compact I liked that the vacuum mode is very maneuverable and gets in hard to reach areas. It does pick up crumbs and particles from tile and rugs but I noticed has difficult with things like hair. The suction of the vacuum is not strong compared to a regular vacuum, I had to push the roller option on the vacuum handle to sweep things up so the vacuum could suck things into it. You can also increase the intensity of the vacuum power but when I placed the vacuum the suction on the highest setting was still low. This vacuum is very much like a carpet sweeper with a little extra suction. When the hand vacuum is removed from the main piece it has better suction. There are two small brush or thin tubes to reach small places and a couple of longer tubes to reach into corner.
However, the biggest drawback is that cleaning the vacuum is not fun and it fills up pretty quickly. So it will have to be cleaned often. When cleaning you open it up and remove the filter and dump the contents in the garbage. But because it pick up a lot of small debri, it is very dusty so you need to be careful where you clean it out and even consider wearing a mask. As a result, I would not suggest trying to use the vacuum to pick up moist or wet particles. Which will make it more a mess to clean. The good thing is that the filter is washable.
Overall, I felt it worked well for small, dry messes especially in hard to reach areas but it needs constant cleaning since the storage space for waste is very small.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20