Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Bob Dylan Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation
Profile for Pie Grrrl > Reviews

Browse

Pie Grrrl's Profile

Customer Reviews: 797
Top Reviewer Ranking: 545

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Pie Grrrl RSS Feed (MidWest)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sabatier Olive Wood Crepe Turner, 12"
Sabatier Olive Wood Crepe Turner, 12"
Price: $9.99
2 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Present For The Cook Who NEEDS/WANTS Everything!, May 20, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I can't stand the thickness of pancakes but am bonkers over the thinness, texture and taste of crepes. Actually, being of Swedish decent, our infamous Swedish "pancakes" are just another name for "crepes."

Although I've made mine for decades, I never knew there was a dedicated tool for them. Instead, I used a motley collection of "what-nots": mini spatulas, plastic forks, chopsticks...just name it and I've used it to turn over and flip those delicate Swedish pancakes.

This olive wood crepe turner is SO much nicer, handier and more efficient in getting the job done. A long and handy 12" long, it's more than adequate for my 8" crepe pan to keep my fingers from being burnt while flipping 10 or more crepes. I love the random patterns in olive wood and also how after a length of dedicated use, the wood deepens in colour from the oils/fats used in the crepes.

Do you truly "need" this tool? Oh, heck yeah...if you are the person who believes in "having the right tool for the job." I'm the kitchen gadget geek that has strawberry hullers, avocado pitters, apple corers, etc. So, adding this gorgeous tool to my crock of wooden implements by the stove makes me all kinds of 'happy'.

Since I've passed along my Gran's recipe to all of my children and their spouses, it looks like I now have a great gift to add to their presents under the tree this year.

Vitafusion Beauty Sleep Gummies, 90 Count
Vitafusion Beauty Sleep Gummies, 90 Count
Price: $11.79
20 used & new from $11.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Tastes Awesome, But Don't Know If They Really Work On Me, May 3, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I've been a problem sleeper my entire life. I don't know why, it just "is". I know to avoid caffeine, chocolate, soda, "excitement" and all the other things that we've been taught to avoid...and still I have rotten sleep.

Years ago, there was a small strip that you'd dissolve on your tongue that worked like magic, but the company went defunct so that option is now off the table.

Therefore, when I read about THESE Sleep Aids, I was chuffed to try them. The taste is insanely good..SO good, I can't keep them on the counter because I want to chug them like candy! So, I keep this bottle in the medicine cabinet where I have to make a conscious decision to take them.

Do they work? I don't know. I've used half of the bottle and I do "kinda-sorta" get sleepy about an hour after chewing them but that could also be the fact that I work in the nursery industry and the 10 hour work day with all that physical labor could also be the "sleep aid." I'll continue to use them until the bottle is used up but they don't have that SERIOUS "Sleepytime" effect that I need and desire.

Stanley FatMax Garden Hose, 50' x 5/8", Yellow
Stanley FatMax Garden Hose, 50' x 5/8", Yellow
Price: $47.33

5.0 out of 5 stars Landscaper Approved!, April 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I "KNOW" hoses! Having spent my entire life as a landscaper, the only people who handle hoses more than I do are firefighters!

The primary purpose of a hose is simple: deliver LIFE-SAVING water to plants. Yeah, you can fill a child's swimming pool, wash your car, and clean the sidewalk but the main reason why garden hoses were invented was to deliver water from the spigot to your garden, without you becoming "Jack & Jill went up the hill, to fetch a pain of water."

That's why I'm CONSTANTLY confused as to the "WHY?" people that spend $100's and $1,000's of dollars on their landscaping, will go the CHEAPEST ROUTE POSSIBLE, in regards to the most basic of garden equipment. WHY, people, WHY?

If you buy a GREAT quality hose (and this is one of them), it can literally last you decades. If you truly care for it as a valuable piece of equipment, it can last you a lifetime. So, skip those 150' hoses that sell for $20 bucks that kink as soon as you unwrap them, blow their walls from the constant P.S.I. that is required to contain the water, and couplings so fragile, that one single accidental tug will break the seal, allowing water to leak everywhere.

So, "How Do You Know A Hose Is Worth The Money?" First, ask your landscaper! See what THEY use! If you don't have a landscaper, go with quality brand names such as "Stanley", "Swan" and "Gilmore".

Start with the couplings that connect a hose to your spigot: Are they solid? What are they made from? Are they of substantial weight? In this hose, the answer is "Yes!" to all of these questions. The couplings are actually oversized, with a nice tooled "grippy" surface, making it easy to connect to your spigot. Although made of aluminum versus the more rugged brass couplings, for the average home owner, the aluminum will work just fine.

Then, a critical piece: DOES IT HAVE AN ATTACHED WASHER! A 'washer' is that little rubber 'thingy' that seals the connection between hose and spigot....often times, when your hose is 'leaking' at the spigot, it's because you've lost the washer. This is VERY easy to happen: when the hose has been attached to the spigot for a fair amount of time, when you unscrew it, often the washer will become 'stuck' to the end of the spigot, then falls off, and you've lost it for good. Be sure that you always check your hose for the washer, every time you take it off of the spigot. Now, in the online sale of this hose, the washer is INSIDE the coupling, where they always used to be placed. In stores, because of the high THEFT factor from people stealing them to replace lost ones at home, they are usually threaded through the cables that bind the hose together. NEVER BUY A HOSE THAT DOESN'T HAVE A WASHER!

Okay, you've checked the coupling. You've got a washer. Now what? There should be a good 4"-5" area, directly under the coupling that has either a brass spring or hard rubber area, that keeps the hose rigid at the spigot, so the weight of the hose doesn't kink immediately, cutting off your water supply. THIS hose has a very nice black rubber collar that is 4" in length, preventing all future kinks at the water source. Stanley calls their collar "Hose Armor"...cute. :D

Now, as to the hose: IS IT HEAVY? Weight is everything with a hose and a standard 5/8" hose that's even 50 feet long, should weigh A LOT, even when bone dry. That weight equals the heft of the walls and reinforcement of the hose's construction. The weight on this hose is substantial.

Next, look at the walls of the hose: is there a pattern or waffling along the walls, indicating that they are reinforced. The walls are very reinforced on this hose, allowing it to hold the 500 p.s.i. ( pounds per square inch of pressure) that is standard from homes.

PLEASE NOTE: This hose is NOT listed as "Safe For Drinking Water" nor listed as "Lead Free Coupling." If that is important to you because you're filling a fish/live stock pond or your kids will be drinking from it, look elsewhere.

Two more notes: NEVER BUY MORE HOSE THAN YOU NEED 90% OF THE TIME!!! If you ONLY need 40' of hose 90% of the time, then owning a 100-150 foot hose is Overkill to the Extreme! Not only does that bulk of the hose get nasty that's not constantly used, from being in soil, dirt and mud, but that's the area that mold can build up in the hose, when not in use. Plus, the area not used is almost certain to ultimately kink, simply because it's not being used and sitting in the same position for months/years will age it. If you only need an additional 25-50 feet of hose 2-3 times per year, then buy ANOTHER HOSE to hook up to the female end of the hose, and then detach it and hang it up to dry when not in use, then coil it up and attach the coils with cable ties.

Second note: ALWAYS DRAIN AND BRING YOUR HOSE INDOORS FOR WINTER! Nothing ages a hose more than being left outside, attached to your spigot. Not only can water freeze in the hose, driving it into the spigot and your home, but the ice expands and can rip a hole in the side of the hose. Drain the hose by removing it from the spigot, lay it flat on your lawn, then pick up an end and begin coiling it up, allowing the hose to dictate the direction it wants to be coiled. This makes it easy to store and also drains all the trapped water inside of it. Attach together with joined cable ties and you've now Winterized your hose for the following year. And store your precious nozzle away from freezing, too. Just be sure to check that the nozzle's washer is also inside the unit when you put it away.

If you follow these steps about buying a QUALITY HOSE and how to STORE IT, you'll be passing this along to your grandchildren!

aluminum titanium coated couplings and 500-PSI

LumaRx Women's Foil Shaver, White
LumaRx Women's Foil Shaver, White
Price: $49.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great For My Everyday Needs, April 21, 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I don't know a single woman who "enjoys" shaving her Bits & Pieces, from legs, arm pits and those Nether Regions. Maybe it's different for men but I find shaving to be a bit of a bother under ideal conditions: loads of time, no rushing, no stress. When I'm in Crunch Time: Date Night with Hubby or Super Fast Hair Growth some weeks, shaving is about the last thing I want to do.

I like this razor because it doesn't require the same amount of extreme care in shaving that a Blade Razor requires. I have several permanent scars on my calf and ankles from being too much in a rush whilst shaving, which puts me even more off doing that silly grooming exercise. (The Maxi Dress has become my default "Anti-Shaving Solution! LOL)

This razor can be used on dry or wet skin but I find that wet skin offers a cleaner shave. It's not as clean a shave as a blade razor with goop spread on my wet skin, but it's good enough in 99% of the instances where I need a clean shaven leg or under arm. I really like that it has a stand so that it doesn't sit on the shower shelf, getting nasty and covered with soap scum. Also included is a pretty satin bag for carrying it in your personal luggage.

I charge it after each use and for the 5 minutes or so of quick & fast shaving that I do each morning, the power is substantial and doesn't waver. Another feature that I like is that with either wet or dry hands, the shaver is easy to grip and doesn't slip or rotate in your hands.

All in all, for the vast majority of instances, I'll use THIS razor to 'get the job done' and only reserve my blade razor for when I have extreme patience with the entire silly process. :D

Nymph Code Platinum Plated Round Cubic Zirconia Wedding Lever-Back and Drop Earrings Combo (2 Pair)
Offered by Nymph Code Fashion
Price: $14.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Bewitching and Bedazzling Beauties!, April 12, 2016
How can you NOT love this amount of *bling*?

These earrings, of which you get TWO pairs for the mind-boggling price of $7.98, are Drop Dead Gorgeous! These earrings are NOT for Shrinking Violet personalities: they are for the woman who is confident, loves attention and can carry off looking well, with panache.

They both feature the same size cubic zirconia and I took a photo with a quarter for comparison. One set has French Wires with a supplied rubber ear nut for a secure fit and the other pair has a closed Lever Back if you feel you need additional safety.

I can wear these to work with a nice silk tee-shirt and dark denim jeans but I can also wear these with a silky slip dress to a nice dinner out with my husband. For the Bride-To-Be that wants to gift her attendants with a stunning gift, this would be a cost effective but gorgeous gift.

The earrings arrived in a red velvet box that has a plastic bag over it. Each set of earrings was then in their own bags. I took them out of the bag and positioned them onto the velvet backing to show off their beauty. They truly are dazzling in the sunlight and by candle light, too, as my husband claims. :D

If these earrings were at Lord & Taylor's or Nordstrom's, you'd be lucky to buy ONE pair for less than $30.00, let alone TWO pairs for $30 bucks. Snap these beauties up while you can; you won't be sorry!

*I received a complimentary set of both earrings for a fair and honest review.*
Comment Comment | Permalink

Deal of the Day "Heart of the Ocean" Blue Swarovski Elements Crystal Heart Shape Pendant Necklace Jewelry - Environmental Friendly.2016 Latest Heart Shape Design,Mothers Day Gift Choice.Huge Bermuda Blue Heart Crystazl,Symbol of Love
Offered by QIANSE JEWELRY DIRECT
Price: $69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Big, Bold, Beautiful & Blue!, April 12, 2016
I'm a sucker for anything with a Heart design. Coffee mugs, t-shirts, earrings, pillows...if it has a heart, I own it.

So, it should come as no surprise that I snapped this charming necklace right up when I saw it. <3

The heart, itself, is substantial. No Shrinking Violets need apply. There is a dark brown coating on the back of this faceted gem, creating a beautiful shaded hue of blues from Peacock Blue in the center and shading out to a very dark Navy Blue. The faceting is incredible, capturing and throwing back the light for all to admire.

Crisscrossing the heart are 3 bands of iridescent bejeweled bands of crystals: they show off as pink, yellow, clear and pale blue, simultaneously.

A nice touch is the silver metal heart-design that is on the back of the pendant.

The chain is substantial and is well-balanced in weight and texture to support this large pendant. It hits me, mid-chest, with an additional 2 inches of extension chain so that you can wear this beauty on many different necklines. At the end of the extension chain is a wee fob with the initial "N" on it. (don't ask me why?)

The necklace arrives in a perfect presentation box with the name QIANSE in gold foil on the top. This is something new from this company, as I own many pieces of QIANSE jewelry and they never had that branding before. To ensure that your necklace is tangle-free, the entire piece is placed into a necklace-sized clear plastic bag. I'd suggest removing the bag and positioning the necklace on the velveteen card if giving this as a gift.

This is a stunning addition to any woman's jewelry box who adores hearts and the colour blue.

*I received a complimentary necklace for a fair and honest review.*
Comment Comment | Permalink

Qianse White Gold Plated Silver Color Bracelet Made with Blue Swarovski Elements Crystal
Offered by QIANSE JEWELRY DIRECT
Price: $79.99
2 used & new from $13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and Stunning Design for SMALL WRISTS ONLY!!!, April 11, 2016
Buyer Beware! This is an EXCEEDINGLY SMALL WRIST SIZE BRACELET! I am NOT taking a single point away from it because I should have learned my lesson by now in buying "Fixed Position Bracelets" that make NO allowances for larger wrists. That fault in on MY part.

The circumference of the hard body of the bracelet is a scant 6.25 inches in diameter, with an extension chain of 1.25 inches. My wrist diameter is 7 3/4 inches and NONE of it is "fat"...it's ALL bone and muscle. However, because this is a rigid design that is made to encircle your wrist, the extension chain is utterly useless because the hinge on the bracelet isn't designed to sit well on your wrist if you need the extension. Please note in my first photograph, the HUGE difference in where the bracelet ends on my wrist's back, and how the extension chain is laid out to it's maximum length, and it's still not long enough! Also, because I could not wear it, I can't testify as to how long the finish stays bright or the security (or not) of the stone settings.

Be this as it may, this bracelet is stunning in design and execution. It would be a charming gift for a very petite girl or woman, but I sure would measure their wrist size BEFORE ORDERING IT. The bracelet arrives in a nice presentation box with the name QIANSE in gold foil on top. I own many QIANSE items of jewelry and their name on the box lid is something new. The bracelet arrives in a protective plastic bag and sits on top of a standard velveteen card.

The styling and design is gorgeous. The deepest of deep aquamarine pear-shaped stones is the centerpiece with a curved crystal-embedded mounting holding the center stone in place; I'd almost call the stone's colour "teal". On the opposing side of the bracelet is a sprinkling of crystal stones inset in the hard-body of the side...I've never seen that design before and it is STUNNING! A standard Lobster Claw clasp holds the two rigid pieces together with a dangling round fob at the end with what looks like the letter "N" embossed on the disk.

There is also a small rigid plastic card that comes inside of the box that states "Official Certificate" and then "QIANSE".

If you have an extremely small wrist, love unique designs and want a gorgeous bracelet, than you'll LOVE this bracelet!

*I received a complimentary bracelet for a fair and honest review.*
Comment Comment | Permalink

EVER FAITH® 925 Sterling Silver CZ 9MM AAA Freshwater Cultured Pearl Angle Wings Hook Dangle Earrings
Offered by Ever Faith Jewelry
Price: $38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Like The Wings of An Angel, April 7, 2016
I specifically ordered these earrings as part of a two-part gift to my best friend, who is getting remarried this Summer. I thought that they'd be a good compliment to a companion headpiece, sold on Amazon through Ever Faith. (sorry, the link does not work on amazon.) But, look at my photo below and you can see how well the earrings go with the headpiece.

As other Ever Faith products that I've received, the earrings arrived in a Tiffany-blue box with Ever Faith's logo on the front. Inside, the earrings are protected within a Tiffany-Blue velvet bag, and then wrapped in protective plastic.

The quality is evident from the first time you hold them. They are crafted superbly with no rough spots or poor mountings on the pearl or crystals. The French Wires are very long so you feel secure wearing them, but I always wear plastic ear nuts with French Wires...just to be safe. I like how you can reverse how you choose to wear them, with either the wing's tips pointing inward or outward for two different looks.

A bit dressy for even the most formal of office settings, they are perfect when paired with that Little Black Dress or for a special occasion.

*I received a complimentary pair of earrings for a fair and honest review.*
Comment Comment | Permalink

EVER FAITH® Silver-Tone Austrian Crystal Cream Simulated Pearl 5 Inch Elegant Leaf Hair Side Comb Clear
Offered by Ever Faith Jewelry
Price: $23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Downton Abbey Glamour for Women of Distinction., April 7, 2016
Words can't even begin to describe the beauty of this Crystal and Pearl Headpiece. It is so perfectly and flawlessly designed that sometimes, I just sit with it in my hands, marveling at it's beauty.

I ordered it for my Best Friend's Wedding Gift to her. I'm her Matron of Honour and this is her 2nd wedding to the Love of her Life. It's on the beach, at sunset, along the shores of Lake Michigan. Because it is a second wedding and she's in her 50's, she wanted to not go the traditional bridal route with a veil, so this headpiece will take it's place.

Arriving in a Tiffany-blue gift box with the name Ever Faith on top, you open up the box and the headpiece is protected within a plastic bag..inside of a matching Tiffany-blue velvet bag. The piece is LARGE & SUBSTANTIAL, I took a photo of a Comcast Remote Control so you can compare the size. However, it is NOT heavy in the least and the comb holds well in ALL HAIR TYPES. I have extremely short, layered hair and my adult daughter has whisper fine hair and it stayed put in both of our hair textures. We didn't even bother to secure the comb with bobby pins but then, we were simply modeling it for each other and NOT doing the Hokey Pokey at a wedding. LOL

Classically designed, if you live the ideal lifestyle, you'd be able to wear this after any wedding: for a night out at a nice posh restaurant, at another friend's wedding, or just when you need a mental pick-me-up, feeling like Lady Mary on 'Downton Abbey.' I also like that you can wear it so many places on your head: behind your ear, at the nape of your neck, or worked into a chignon or up-do.

I've seen pieces like this at Hobby Lobby and JoAnn Fabrics in their Wedding Aisle, selling for upward of $50.00. And don't even get me started on the extreme mark-up at a wedding store, where they'd try to rip you off for over $100 for something this splendid.

My friend, the bride-to-be, is over the moon in delight with this gift and the memories it will help make at her sunset wedding.

*I received a complimentary piece for a fair and honest review.*
Comment Comment | Permalink

Post After Shave Balm Moisturizer Calms Skin Eliminates Razor Burn and Irritation Lotion
Offered by Pied Leger
Price: $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars I've Got Betty Grable Legs, Now! :D, April 7, 2016
I'm glad that I misread the instructions for this "AFTER" shave balm. I actually applied a very small amount to my wet legs PRIOR to shaving and LOVE-LOVE-LOVE the difference it makes!

Because of bad knees, I need to sit on a stool in my tub to shave my legs properly. Just running a razor over wet skin/hair is horrid and I end up with rashes, nicks and irritation by not using a protective buffer. I had wet my legs down thoroughly with very warm water, applied a dime-sized dollop of this balm into my hands, rubbed them together, and then applied the balm to BOTH wet legs.

The razor glided over my skin and allowed the hair to be cut right down to it's base, resulting in legs that were blemish and cut-free: no nicks, no scratches or cuts, no irritation...they looked incredible! Even when I rinsed off my legs with a pitcher of warm water, the balm stayed in place and left my legs moisturized and nicely soft!

So, if Necessity is The Mother Invention, than I guess misreading the label/product description worked out well for me, too. LOL

I only shave when I'm wearing a skirt or shorts so I know that this bottle is highly cost effective for me. I couldn't be more pleased with the results!

*I received a complimentary bottle in exchange for a fair and honest review.*

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20