Profile for Gina817 > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 4

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Gina817 RSS Feed

Emerita Dark Circle Eye Serum, .5-Ounce Bottle
Emerita Dark Circle Eye Serum, .5-Ounce Bottle

2.0 out of 5 stars Moisturizes, feels nice, but no difference in dark circles, May 29, 2012
After buying this, further research has led me to the same conclusion with every one of these dark circle serums and creams: Not a single one works consistently!

For however many people that have noticed a huge improvement, there are just as many that have seen no change at all. This applies to both the cheap AND pricey stuff.

This one is nice enough as a moisturizer, but don't expect miracles. My raccoon eyes are still here after religious daily use for quite a while.

For very dark genetic circles like mine, the best advice I've come across is this:
1. See a dermatologist. S/he may recommend laser surgery to thicken the skin under your eyes.
and/or
2. See a makeup artist. With help in choosing the correct shades of concealer and color corrector for your skin tone, you should see a noticeable difference.

Don't waste your money on serums. Good luck!

UNCHARTED Greatest Hits Dual Pack
UNCHARTED Greatest Hits Dual Pack
Price: $12.88
114 used & new from $4.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable action, characters, and dialogue, but repetitive combat, March 3, 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Naughty Dog? Sounds good. I like Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter.
Reminds one of Tomb Raider? Also good, I like Tomb Raider.
Both the original and Game of the Year Uncharted 2 in one package? Okay, I'm sold.

Unfortunately, the end result was a bit disappointing for me. First and foremost, this series is third person shooter. Don't expect a clone of the Tomb Raider series, because Uncharted's gameplay is very different. While Tomb Raider is focused more on puzzles, exploration, and platforming, Uncharted is focused more on combat.

The banter between the characters is a treat to watch. The acting is great. The action set-pieces are thrilling. The graphics are, for the most part, superb.

Yet when it came down to the gunfights, I repeatedly found myself rolling my eyes after a while and thinking, "Is it over yet? Are they all dead? Can I move on? WHAT?! More?! UGHHH!!"

You'll shoot, and shoot, and shoot, and then, you'll shoot some more. Many love that, but I'm not a big fan of first or third person shooters. The combat got very boring very quickly.

If you're nuts about shooters, you'll love Uncharted. However, if you're easily bored by them like I am, you'll be disappointed. It's too bad, because I think I would be a huge fan of this series if they dialed back the combat and amped up the platforming/exploration. I finished 1 and 2, but I won't be getting Uncharted 3.

Prince of Persia Trilogy HD - Playstation 3
Prince of Persia Trilogy HD - Playstation 3
Offered by FRONTIER HOBBY SHOP
Price: $19.86
91 used & new from $9.94

2.0 out of 5 stars Sound issues - buyer beware!, March 3, 2012
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I didn't take much heed of the complaints of sound issues from the other reviewers, but now I wish I had.

Pretty much all of the sound effects from the Prince's movements echo during gameplay, even when there's no reason for it. All three games are plagued by this.

In The Sands of Time, there are additional sound issues. For example, in the treasure vault where you first encounter spiked poles, their sound effects don't trigger until you're standing right on top of them. When you finally do hear them, they sound very loud and unnatural. This applies to other ambient background noise like water dripping, fire crackling, etc. These sounds are appropriately quiet in my original PS2 copy, but in this version they're near max volume in some areas.

The games LOOK good with better textures, but I found the sound problems too jarring for me to want to continue to play this collection.

Your mileage may vary. If you don't mind the buggy sound, this is still worth buying. But if you're like me and want the full quality experience, you're better off getting the previous generation console or PC versions.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2012 5:07 AM PDT

Price: $26.00
18 used & new from $18.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's get this puppy released!, May 3, 2009
According to Wikipedia:
"At the 2006 Gathering of the Gargoyles convention held in Los Angeles, Weisman announced that the release of Season 2 Volume 2 had been canceled. Weisman has stated simply, "Volume 1 did not sell enough copies." Disney currently has no plans to release the second volume, although these plans may change if sales of the currently released volumes improve."

On that note, if you love Gargoyles as I do, help out your fellow fans by buying the Season 1 and Season 2 Volume 1 DVDs if you haven't already. Also, it can't hurt to sign an online petition or two to have Season 2 Volume 2 released. Spread the word, and with enough sales and people we can succeed!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 8, 2009 11:58 AM PDT