Profile for Danny Rodan > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Danny Rodan RSS Feed

Injinji 2.0 Men's Run Lightweight No Show Toesocks, White, Medium
Injinji 2.0 Men's Run Lightweight No Show Toesocks, White, Medium
Offered by HDO Sport
Price: $12.00
26 used & new from $11.95

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG! I wish they made dress socks!, June 13, 2014
These are my new standard footwear with sneakers, running shoes and other casual footwear. I have always loathed how regular sport socks can crawl or bunch up at the toe, stretch over time or just feel like bulky foot mittens. These socks are the best thing to happen to my feet since I discovered Brooks running shoes. I love the fact they come in multiple sizes, because the one-size-fits-all attitude in a regular store and from other sock-weavers is just a cop-out. My feet feel more natural and free to move about, and I only wish these came in dress socks. They should pass a law. ;-)

HitLights 4 Watt A15/E26 Warm White LED Bulb 2 Pack - 20 Year Lifespan, Replaces 25 Watt - 3000K, 310 Lumens, 110 Volts

3.0 out of 5 stars Not So Good For Dimmers, June 13, 2014
In short, just use these as regular accent lights or for low-power desk lamps. I ordered them for a three-way lamp, and they just don't cut it for that. They flicker or put off a "vibrating" light effect when not illuminated at full power. They'll work for non-dimming only, in my opinion.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2014 7:22 PM PST

Precision Design PD-FD270 Bounce Flash Diffuser for Canon Speedlite 270EX & 270EX II
Offered by Cameta Camera
Price: $4.95
2 used & new from $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Diffuses alright, if you can get it to stay on the flash, December 25, 2013
This is little more than a stamped piece of plastic that, while it may diffuse at some level, hardly stays on the camera flash, when you can get it to stay on there at all. Sorry to say it, but don't waste your time with this product. I just threw mine into File 13.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Hurricane Kit - Exactly What I Expected, August 2, 2013
This order was exactly what I expected, and I have a sense of comfort knowing I have these MRE's ready. We have had years when we have been hit by one hurricane after another, and an emergency kit like this is super handy to have around. I highly recommend this box of MRE's to anyone living in a danger zone, like Florida or the Gulf Coast of the USA. You may not sleep better, but you will eliminate a nagging sensation about preparedness for that next "big one"; trust me.

Also, this is better than buying a large hodge-podge of canned and boxed goods at the grocery store every year. I can buy a smaller supply of goods at the store, and these MRE's will last a few years, mitigating the annual emergency stock up routine. :)

Fotodiox 24"x24"Studio in a Box for Table Top Photography, Light Tent Kit with Four Backdrops, Two Lights, and One Camera Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for quick on-site product shoots, October 19, 2012
This item is the perfect, low-budget solution for a portable studio tent. I've taken some really good product shots for clients that are being used to sell high-end items, including Cartier and Raymond Weil watches. The setup it a tad tricky, but once you get the hang of how to properly orient the tent, the results are just spectacular. The camera stand doesn't do much good, because the spindle that screws into the camera base is awkward, but if you already have a tripod on which you can flare the legs out, to lower the tripod to the ground, you should be alright.

The lights do get hot. When you're done, you'll have to wait a few minutes to put everything away - at least that's what I do. But the results are really spectacular. Be prepared to iron the cloth backdrops from time to time, and when you first get this item. Nobody likes scoring or wrinkles in high-end product shots. Grunge, of course, is a different matter. But that's another review, entirely.

Hope that helps. :)
Comment Comment | Permalink

Andrew Christian Men's Laurel Retro Gym Shorts, Navy, Small
Andrew Christian Men's Laurel Retro Gym Shorts, Navy, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a tad small, but still super sexy, October 16, 2012
I bought these to compliment another pair of retro gym shorts Andrew Christian makes. These are just a tad smaller than the other shorts, which have the printed "7" on them. Still, I love them and am wearing them, even now. My problem is I slightly wider hips than most skinny guys, even a tad larger on the hind-quarters. So, that does make for sizing difficult. If you're regular skinny, the sizing chart is probably dead on.

Either way, for that great shorts look (real shorts, not below-the-knee-length drapes), these are just sensational. I feel very, very comfortable in them.

ViewSonic VX2703MH-LED 27-Inch LED-Lit LCD Monitor, Full HD 1080p, 3ms, HDMI/DVI/VGA, Speakers, VESA
Price: $229.58
64 used & new from $189.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing brightness and color depth, October 16, 2012
I've only had this monitor plugged in and running for about two hours, but it's color depth and brightness are pretty amazing. I am using it for a graphics monitor adjacent to the main iMac monitor, and I needed something bright and clear. This does it. I've owned several ViewSonics over the years, dating to the late 1990's, when we used their flat-front tube monitors in publishing, so I'm familiar with their track record.

The 27" size is a perfect compliment to the 24" iMac or the 27", whichever you use, and the size of the screen means you can easily work with graphic or video objects with better clarity. The full HD res is a necessity in situations like this.

I'll update the review as time goes, but so far, so good. I'd recommend it.

Andrew Christian Men's Phys. Ed. Shorts, Navy, Small
Andrew Christian Men's Phys. Ed. Shorts, Navy, Small

5.0 out of 5 stars Real shorts! Snug, yet flexible and very sexy!, September 25, 2012
These shorts are made to be snug, so prepare yourself for body-hugging conditions. The more I wear them around, the more I love the way they feel. These are definitely not shorts you wear to the mall, but they certainly are good for the gym, the beach, around the house. I don't feel like I'm wearing draperies for shorts, which had become the norm since the early 1990's. I will definitely be ordering more of these. If you've got the legs, these are ideal for showing them off!

Dark Angels Tarot Deck
Dark Angels Tarot Deck
by Lo Scarabeo
Edition: Cards
Price: $19.28
31 used & new from $17.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark Angels Reveal The Hidden Self, September 21, 2011
This review is from: Dark Angels Tarot Deck (Cards)
Anyone who truly understands Tarot knows a person has to feel the vibration and energy of the cards. I felt that vibration from this deck when I saw the screen shot of it on Amazon.com; then I knew I had to have it. When I first held the deck in my hands, I felt a presence. I knew I had made the right decision.

Of course, the artwork is extraordinary, being a blend of illustration, photography, and painting; the gothic theme touches my soul. The power of the deck, however, is what has really surprised me. My other deck addresses the range of spiritual influences, while this deck reveals the hidden and dark nature that so often governs us. We tend toward denial of this dark nature; the fallacy of this behavior is our dark side often rules without our awareness, and this deck helps one maintain a conscious contact with that influence, an influence that is both necessary and proper.

The accuracy of any Tarot reading is contingent upon how well a person can interpret the layout and the cards therein, but a Tarot throw will always be accurate, even if the reader does not know how to utilize the spiritual information presented.

I can tell you this, I have already used this deck to help with decisions. I love this deck. It is already a part of me. It was a part of me before I became steward of its messages.