Profile for Dellago > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 2

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Dellago RSS Feed (ATX)

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn  [Download]
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn [Download]
Price: $24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Quality MMO Experience Aimed At Longtime Final Fantasy Fans., October 2, 2013
This is one of those MMO experiences that you savour all the way from Level 1 to max level, and then you REALLY start to enjoy once you hit end-game and join an FC. Having the ability to swap classes at any time makes it super fun to try out multiple classes and jobs. You can spend the entire game as a blacksmith, or a fisherman, and never have to swing a weapon if that's what you're into... or you can master all of the Disciple of War classes and flip between DPS, Tank, Caster, or Healer whenever you want!

Dungeons are a blast, and the group finder system is flawless... albeit, wait times can be a bit long. The dungeons force you to work as a team with your party members. If you don't have a cooperative group, you likely won't be able to defeat the bosses. Luckily, if you're into solo play, you can always do FATES, or Guild quests, or Grand Company quests, or go defeat hunting marks for tons of XP! There's so much to do, and it's all very accessible and easy to understand.

Limit breaks make a comeback as well! That should be reason enough for FF fans to hop on board the train! I give this game 5 stars because of the robust variety of content available throughout the entire game: early, mid, and late. Square did their very best to prove to the gaming community that they are "in it to win it" and that they are dedicated to their gamer community. There are no gimmicks with this game: no microtransactions, no free to play system, no real money auction house... you get what you pay for. They charge you monthly to play the game, and they give you endless content and dungeons and primal battles and it's all very much worth the $12-$15 per month that they charge. If you want a cheap MMO, try Guild Wars 2. If you want an excellent MMO that's worth every dime they charge you, buy FFXIV ARR. Hit me up on Coeurl server if you decide to play. Add me: Palaven Talus

Xbox 360 250GB HardDrive - Xbox Slim Only
Xbox 360 250GB HardDrive - Xbox Slim Only
Offered by FORCE FACTORY
Price: $85.95
15 used & new from $43.50

3.0 out of 5 stars The Lowdown on These Hard Drives (250 GB Model), April 27, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Well, I finally caved in and decided to get one of these hard drives... even though every fiber in my being was telling me that Microsoft is ripping us off! These hard drives cost triple compared to a regular computer SATA Hard drive.... so I wanted satisfy my curiosity by finding out what the difference was between the microsoft brand hard drive was, and these knockoffs on the "Other Sellers" list.

I waited until both drives got delivered so I could measure performance and quality. The initial differences were rather obvious: retail packaging versus shrink wrap. But in my eyes, this does not sully the quality of any product. Most companies use retail packaging as a way to knock up the price of the exact same, identical OEM product. So do not be fooled by the oldest trick in the book.

While inspecting the two drives for physical differences, I noticed that the knockoffs had small differences in manufacturing: like the plastic housing felt a little more sturdy on the Microsoft model, and the factory print on the back of the drives contained different text. Again, such small differences that hadn't really been a deal breaker for me.

The real test came when I plugged them each into my Xbox and tried transferring my Gamertag over. Believe it or not, there was absolutely NO difference. Both drives functioned the same. Gameplay was identical on Black Ops and Halo: Reach after I installed both games on the hard drive. So after I was done with my test, I actually ended up returning the Microsoft brand drive and keeping the knockoff.

Microsoft Brand 250 GB hard drive: $93-$100

Knockoffs Brand 250 GB hard drive: $60-$85

Sorry Microsoft, love ya but I'm gonna have to vote for the underdog who sells hard drives for what they are actually worth. I say, purchase from one of the "other sellers" on the list, but make sure that they have enough ratings to where you feel comfortable giving them your money. I'm always wary of some of the ones at the bottoms of the list with no seller history! Regarding who I specifically bought from, I won't mention specific names since that would be unfair for the other competitors. I imagine they are all selling the same or similar hard drives so why promote one over the other? Good luck and don't forget to do your independent research before you buy!
Comment Comments (40) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 16, 2014 2:32 PM PDT