Profile for Kevin M. Maier > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 23

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kevin M. Maier "Kevin Maier" RSS Feed (Chicago, IL)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Chasing Yesterday
Chasing Yesterday
30 used & new from $19.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Gem of an album, April 20, 2015
This review is from: Chasing Yesterday (Vinyl)
As usual, Noel never lets me down. Wonderful album, great recording, and keeping the spirit of rock music alive. He is making music Oasis never could have, and continues to get better and better as he ages.

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire [HD]
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire [HD]
DVD
Price: $13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, March 10, 2015
Great sequel and follow on from the first film!

Aprilaire 10 Water Panel Evaporator
Aprilaire 10 Water Panel Evaporator
Offered by DiscountFilterStore
Price: $16.11
2 used & new from $16.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliable and affordable, March 5, 2015
Works exactly like it should, thank you! Third year in a row getting the same filter and no need to switch.

Royal Blood
Royal Blood
Price: $8.84
66 used & new from $6.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first record!, February 20, 2015
This review is from: Royal Blood (Audio CD)
Can't wait to see these guys in Chicago in June! There's not a lot of new bands or music out these days that reels you in, particularly first albums. These guys rock. I hear all sorts of familiar sounds in this album - Velvet Revolver, Queens of the Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures, Zeppelin, White Stripes...all good company!

Brotherhood Season 1 [HD]
Brotherhood Season 1 [HD]
DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show - I don't know how I missed this ..., February 20, 2015
Great show - I don't know how I missed this ten years ago when it came out but it's been a pleasant surprise to watch!

Welcome Home (EP Version)
Welcome Home (EP Version)
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good song, May 22, 2014
I think this a good song. I hadn't heard of Radical Face until this song came on my Pandora station one day and bought it without giving it a second thought. Good song to reflect to, good song for a quick few minutes on a road trip.

Samsung 27-Inch Wide Viewing Angle LED Monitor (S27D590P)
Samsung 27-Inch Wide Viewing Angle LED Monitor (S27D590P)
Price: Click here to see our price
48 used & new from $202.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Doing well so far, May 19, 2014
I did a fair amount of online and in-person research before rolling the dice on this. Overall I'm feeling pretty good about this monitor.

I ordered this on Amazon on 4/17/14 and since there was not yet a single review I ended up watching a YouTube video of a gentleman giving an overview of install, the design, features/benefits, etc. After watching that I concluded "since I'm brand loyal to Samsung for televisions, I'll likely be in good shape with a Samsung monitor." FYI, I am using this monitor with a 2014 Mac Mini so this was my first ever monitor purchase. Pretty different look and feel when compared to an all in one iMac, which I've been using various models for the past ten or eleven years. As many of you know, Apple and Samsung can co-exist in the same home!

One thing that's fishy to me so far - when the computer is in use or running a program, the display will sometimes flash then go dark. When I've tried to double-click or use the mouse to open the screen back up a handful of times there's been no response...the screen sits black. Not sure if the monitor is still being "broken in" or if I need to contact Samsung.

On the positive side:
+ Prime order & delivery is always reliable, so be assured if you order this monitor it *should* be delivered in a double-boxed, securely padded package. I ordered on a Wednesday early evening and it was in my condo by Friday afternoon.
+ 2 HDMI inputs
+ Very sleek, modern and space-conscious new design...I'm really digging the "T" stand that resembles some of the new 4K TV's
+ Great picture and variety of screen settings options for computer desktop use, movie-watching, gaming
+ Ease of set up - unpacking contents, attaching the stand, hooking in whatever cord of choice you use to your system, tweaking the settings, and display are all a snap and took 20 minutes from start to finish. The settings as you can imagine took the longest time to configure.

No drawback so far other than the mention above about the screen sometimes just going dark and being frozen a handful of times.

Wishlist:
- Speakers: some monitors come with and that's something some folks would find value in. I use Bose speakers hooked into the Mac so I'm fine there...just throwing it out there in case anyone is not using their own separate speakers.
- Touch screen: again, I looked at many monitors in person and there are some really nice touch screen monitors available if that's your thing. Our phones and tablets are touch screen, not sure why Samsung didn't invest that feature here but for less than $300 I'll live.
- Swivel or moveable stand. Someone else commented on this as well. Not a deal killer and if you read the specs on this product you'd know moving or adjusting the stand isn't an option. Just leaves the user desiring that functionality is all.

Diesel Men's Zathan Regular Bootcut Jean, Denim, 31x30
Diesel Men's Zathan Regular Bootcut Jean, Denim, 31x30

5.0 out of 5 stars Brand loyalty continues here and will remain..., January 31, 2014
My friend had me try on a pair of Diesel Zathan jeans at the Diesel store in Seattle in August, 2008. I had never in my life spent $200 [or whatever they were] on a pair of jeans. I recall saying "Dude you're crazy" to which he replied, "You'll thank me". Funny enough, not only did I buy that pair because I freaking loved them the second I pulled them on, but I bought a pair just like them at the Santa Monica Diesel store in Dec. 2009 - I thought it was a good idea to have two pairs of the same. Subsequently, I lost 20 pounds so the 32x30's don't fit any more. When I switched to 31x30 I ordered them through Amazon and they fit as expected - didn't need to go to my Diesel store in Chicago and worry about taxes and commute time. Again after losing additional weight I moved down to the 30x30 and ordered online....they fit perfect and look great. If any of you are reading this you're probably annoyed but are seeing a common theme - you can expect a great fit and a great look no matter where you order these from. In other words, Diesel makes a consistent product and I've since purchased a different jean from them called New Fanker. A little bit of a step away from the Zathan but again, good look- good fit. The advantage to ordering online is obvious - find free/cheap shipping and avoid in-store taxes.

The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
Price: $7.67

5.0 out of 5 stars A life and game changer, January 31, 2014
As I've mentioned to family members and friends: "I wish I had heard of and read this book in 1999 when I graduated high school, read it again in 2003 upon graduating college, read it in my late 20's after experiencing many years in the "real world", and again now in my early 30's". In short, it's a read people should absolutely give time & attention to, and then revisit at different stages of life.

All that said, I'm very fortunate to have had the opportunity to read this book in any event and at this point in my life. I assure you The Power of Now has completely, 100% changed my outlook on life and eventual death.

I've heard Eckhart Tolle speak on a podcast as well, and not only in this book but also speaking does a wonderful job of providing examples in which we as people in all shapes, geographies, situations (...overly-busy, overly-stressed, overly-connected, on the go, discouraged, hopeful, in search of the next 'thing', happy, scared....choose your life scenarios) help us to simply STOP and focus on the here and now. It sounds so obvious and so easy to comprehend, but he very much challenges you in your thinking and how you process life and life going on around you in every minute.

I would 100% recommend anyone read this. I tend to take my time while reading books - I read the first 30-35 pages over two or three days, then read the entire rest of the book on a flight to and from AZ. Just couldn't put it down.

180s Tec Fleece Ear Warmer, Dark Shadow, One Size
180s Tec Fleece Ear Warmer, Dark Shadow, One Size
Offered by Coasters
Price: $12.49
4 used & new from $12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Doing the job just fine!, January 31, 2014
Subject title says it all - they fit great and are keeping my ears and back of head warm. Living in Chicago, these are a must for men and women!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3