Profile for Kay > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 231

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kay RSS Feed (LEWES, DE, United States)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Player (The Two Stories Trilogy Book 3)
The Player (The Two Stories Trilogy Book 3)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful End To The Series, April 14, 2013
As has been mentioned by the other reviewers, this story can be read by itself, as it does include a brief background to introduce you to the story line and relationships, but you're definitely missing a lot of the action if you haven't read the other two installments, Cheryl's Secret (Two Stories Series) and An Emotional Affair (Two Stories Series).

Just when you think it can't get any more confusing... Akiko is back, and she's asking for forgiveness. Tanya, finally reconciling with her husband, isn't able to forgive. Cheryl hasn't forgotten how they got rid of Akiko the last time, and it weighs heavily on her mind. And Richard? What becomes of the perfect man? Will any of the couples see their happily ever after? What will become of Akiko when all is said and done? And what will happen to the playboy, Scott, Mark's brother?

As is common with this author's work, nothing is as it seems, and that's what makes the story so wonderful. If you think you have it all figured out, keep reading! Chances are... you don't!

Murder in Whitechapel (Judas Reflections Book 1)
Murder in Whitechapel (Judas Reflections Book 1)
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Judas Iscariot Meets Jack the Ripper, April 13, 2013
I've enjoyed the three installments to the Judas Chronicles by Aiden James (Plague of Coins (The Judas Chronicles #1) Reign of Coins (The Judas Chronicles #2) Destiny of Coins (The Judas Chronicles #3)) and watching as Judas becomes less self-involved and more... focused.

Meet Judas Iscariot as you've never read about him before- in reverse! The Judas Reflections are Judas regressing, becoming less redeemable, more repugnant as time goes by.

In this installment, Judas is operating under the name Emmanuel Ortiz, and he is living the high life. He's tight-fisted, a penny-pincher. Each little act of monetary kindness is overblown in his mind, as he hates parting with him money at all. He's found only 8 silver shekels so far, and really isn't concerned with finding the rest. He'll get to it... later. Always later.

Instead he's focused on finding and stopping Jack the Ripper, both for the gratitude and fame he'll amass by doing so, and to hopefully earn some good karma, another stop on his way to redemption for betraying Jesus.

A fascinating look into who Judas used to be. I look forward to learning more about his past.

Text Message
Text Message
Price: $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Horrific Book I've Read To Date- In A Good Way, April 10, 2013
This review is from: Text Message (Kindle Edition)
I love horror stories. I enjoy reading them, but a lot of times I'll download them and be horribly disappointed. This was not the case with this story. Text Message held me in its clutches until I finished it, and I was dying to get to the end, but disappointed when it was over because I wanted more. More from this story, more from this author. So I'll definitely be downloading more from Mr. Malmborg in the future.

Shopping malls are bright, cheerful places, especially at Christmastime. But what about when the lights go out? Better still, what about when a serial killer tortures and taunts you in a shopping mall filled with bustling people finishing their shopping, and all you can do is play his game, or risk the death of a loved one? Well, you play along, until you decide to stand your ground.

I loved that Mallory and Jenna weren't weak, useless female characters. They were strong, stubborn young girls with a will to live. Dan, the war hero, trying so hard to help... It was so wonderfully written that I'll be talking about it for days to come with my friends and family. I highly recommend this story to anyone who enjoys a good edge-of-your-seat torture tale with an ending you won't see coming. 5 stars!

One Bite
One Bite
Price: $0.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not What I'd Hoped, April 7, 2013
This review is from: One Bite (Kindle Edition)
I apparently misunderstood the description of this story- I thought it was a short story to introduce us to the characters in a novel or series. Instead it's segment of a story to try and lure the reader into buying the novel. While the tale was written well enough, if a bit overdone, I wouldn't reread it, and I wouldn't have paid for this tale.

This story is more of an erotic tale with characters that happen to be vampires then it is about vampires with some hot sex scenes. Don't get me wrong- I enjoy erotica, if it's well-written and not just a series of hardcore sentences thrown together, as this was. The erotic content was more in thought than actual sex scenes, as the scenes themselves felt rushed and almost like an afterthought.

I may read more from this author, but I doubt I'll be picking up the full-length novel associated with this story. I didn't like the characters in the slightest, and could care less about learning more of their lives.

Dying to Remember: The Station Series 2
Dying to Remember: The Station Series 2
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Station Delivers Twice!, April 6, 2013
I must admit, I fell in love with the first book in this series, Dying to Forget, but then I got to the cliffhanger ending and was left reeling. I had to have more, and I had to have it NOW! I received a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review.

After the stunning conclusion to the first installment, Piper is hit with metaphorical blow after blow. She's not just any Volunteer, but a very special one, according to Andurush. Her life, or rather her afterlife, have just gotten more complicated. And even though it all seems to sweet now, so wonderful, nothing will ever be the same for her.

Another great addition from an author I look forward to hearing more from. This series has made me laugh, made me cry, and made me smile- all benchmarks of a great series, and this story in particular left a lot more questions than it answered! I look forward to the third installment!

Poaching Bliss
Poaching Bliss

4.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Start to a Promising Series, April 6, 2013
This review is from: Poaching Bliss (Kindle Edition)
Poaching Bliss is a story in three parts- Sioux's story, Josh's story, and their combined tale.

In Sioux's story we learn about her early life and a previous, very severe accident that nearly killed her. Told in short story form, it gives us just a hint of who she is and how she became that way.

In Josh's tale we learn about his upbringing, how he joined the military, how he met and bonded with Sioux's family, and his abduction by a truly evil woman.

Poaching Bliss, the combined tale, has Sioux planning Josh's rescue. Held prisoner for years, he's been beaten down, suffered traumatic injury to his emotional well-being as well as the indignity of a brain implant meant to control him as well as a potential bomb ticking away. At any time, Catherine can detonate the bomb and end it all.

Now their lives are in jeopardy, the bomb is warming up, ready to kill on its own, and some of those judged trustworthy are anything but. A great tale with nifty gadgets, mind reading, two of the coolest dogs I've ever read about, and above all, a deep love that survives all obstacles.

Ménage à Trouble And Other Stories
Ménage à Trouble And Other Stories
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bundle of Laughs Twined Through This Tale, April 4, 2013
I've read and enjoyed all of this author's work so far, and each one is different, just a little, from what you were expecting.

Now, I've read lots of stories that talk about threesomes or more in the title or the description. Some are decent, some are... awful. This one- this one is nothing like I expected it to be.

Jason has the life all men think they actually want. You're typical ne'er-do-well, working a dead-end job, no ambitions... and all the ladies want him. Okay, all the lesbians do, anyway. And suddenly it isn't all he thinks it is, or all he thought he wanted. And when you think you know how it'll end... you're wrong. Over and over again until the final page.

With a crazy cast of characters that had me either shaking my head at them or laughing out loud, this story is an unforgettable one that I'll definitely be rereading.

Dying To Forget: The Station Series 1
Dying To Forget: The Station Series 1
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Tearjerker!, April 4, 2013
I knew this book was going to be a tearjerker when I wasn't even a quarter of the way through it and I was crying for the character...

Piper had it all pretty good, until the party. But even after her life turned upside down, she still had Bree... until even that comfort is gone.

Now she's alone and scared and emotionally devastated- and then she wakes up in The Station. Now she's got a choice- an eternity in a Hell of her own making, or being the conscience of someone like her- someone who hurts as she once hurt, someone who feels like suicide is the answer. Does she have what it takes to work in The Station? Can she prevent others from taking the path she herself took?

I appreciated that the author took the time to not only included her personal opinions on the subject of suicide, but information on where to turn for those who are feeling helpless and hopeless. Very well done.

My heart broke for the characters= I was thoroughly sucked into the story, and the ending was such a shock that I really must have the second in the series. Highly recommended download- 5 stars!

Love Prevails: A Zombie Nightmare
Love Prevails: A Zombie Nightmare
Price: $0.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good, Quick Read, April 3, 2013
This story was well-written, but I wish the author had done more. The survivalists were scary, and actually I found them much more disturbing than the zombies, as is usually the case with large groups of people. But eventually the survivalists are overrun, and that's when it all goes downhill- both for the characters and the story line. I feel like the author could have done a lot more with the story, but got the the home stretch and wrapped it up too quickly. A good quick read, but sadly, too quick for me to fall in love with. I probably won't reread it, but I'm definitely not sorry I took the time to read this story, and I'm looking forward to more from this author.

Rainy Nights: Three Mysteries
Rainy Nights: Three Mysteries
Price: $5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Come Make Some New Friends!, April 1, 2013
I'm a fan of J.R. Rain- he's the first indie author whose work I was introduced to when I purchased my first Kindle 2 years ago. Which is when I first met Samantha Moon in Moon Dance, and happily gobbled up the rest of the series.

Samantha Moon has troubles like any other busy working wife and mother. Okay, maybe not like anyone else... She's a vampire. Now working as an investigator on the night shift, she struggles to balance work with parenting and a struggling marriage. Her life isn't easy, but it's great fun to read about!

Jim Knighthorse- a P.I. who investigates a case that seems cut and dried on the surface, and is anything but ordinary underneath.

Spinoza, a P.I. as well, a recovering alcoholic, and a tragic past. And then he meets Veronica, and she changes his life- in ways no one would ever expect.

A highly recommended read from a superbly talented author. 5 stars!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20