Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
Profile for Cilfur > Reviews

Browse

Cilfur's Profile

Customer Reviews: 54

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cilfur RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
MANDOM Gatsby Facial Paper Ice Type 15 Sheets, 0.5 Pound
MANDOM Gatsby Facial Paper Ice Type 15 Sheets, 0.5 Pound
Offered by GATSBY Official Store
Price: $5.50
26 used & new from $3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Wipes that keeps you cool!, May 17, 2016
Amazing solution for hot, humid days. I'm prone to excessive sweating and I hated the tropical weather when I was in Southeast Asia, which can easily hit 38C or 100F, so I consider this one of the best things that has ever happened to humanity in the midst of global warming. The wipes leaves your skin clear and cool for at least 20 minutes. As the other reviewers have stated, it's rather expensive, but it's one that I'm willing to pay and I'm so glad it's available on Amazon.

Swellegant Clear Sealant
Swellegant Clear Sealant

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on solving the sticky clay and acrylic paint problem!, May 5, 2016
Bought this to save a clay and acrylic paint combo artwork that had gone horribly wrong (which resulted in stickiness and ugly fingerprints all over the paint.) Does the trick and within 40 minutes, it dried completely under room temperature and the clay is now smooth to the touch. Not sure how long it'll last, but when in doubt, just reapply another layer and it'll at least last you at least two weeks of salvation. I'll keep updating this review, but so far, I'd recommend this to all.

(99MO020950) Moshi iVisor AG Anti Glare Black Screen Protector For iPad Air / iPad 5
Offered by Mobile Accessory Solutions
Price: $19.05
7 used & new from $9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for my iPad Pro 9.7, May 5, 2016
I bought this for my iPad Pro 9.7 when it first came out and there weren't a lot of products for the small iPad Pro. I didn't want one that requires adhesives which has the risk of ruining the screen. Anyway, it fits perfectly. I bought the black one and it has a matte coating. Some likes it for the "paper feeling" when drawing with the apple pencil but some feels that it defeats the purpose of the retina screen. (I've heard that the white one has a clear coating.)

Maybe my only complaint is that if you've missed the angle on your first try, dust tend to gather pretty quickly and leaves tiny bubble bumps on the black frame. A dust sticker (installers) wasn't provided, and there was only the cloth. One could always take it apart again, clean off all the dust, and reinstall it again.... But it's not really a big deal.

Game of Thrones - Longclaw Letter Opener
Game of Thrones - Longclaw Letter Opener
Offered by SouthArk Liquidators
Price: $39.57
11 used & new from $31.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre for the price, May 5, 2016
As a collector of letter openers, I wasn't sure what to expect when I placed the order, but I was looking forward to it. (I owned Andúril from LoTR for nearly a decade, presumably from Noble Collection as well and it's awesome.)

Pro: It's Longclaw. If you're a fan of the series, it's pretty cool. The red eyes are sturdy and the guard's quite solid.

Cons: Cheap looking plastic box like many said, and the blade wasn't sharp enough. Some of my envelopes were torn apart unevenly during the process. I could've done the same thing with my hands, which defeats the purpose of a letter opener. I wasn't sure about the white direwolf head. I guess I still expected it to be of a higher quality, with better paint and engraved pattern. The edges were chipping when I received it and the wolf neck ended up looking cheap. (See picture.) I'm sure it's not because I've received a defective product, and simply it's just the overall quality.

Not too impressed, but it's acceptable.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Honeywell HT-900 TurboForce Air Circulator Fan, Black
Honeywell HT-900 TurboForce Air Circulator Fan, Black
Price: $13.94
214 used & new from $11.85

1.0 out of 5 stars You get what you paid for, May 5, 2016
OK, so I read all the reviews and decided that the product's worth a shot, like I've always did on Amazon.
I suppose you get what you paid for.

I started to use it on Feb 18th continuously on a daily basis and it served me well until May 4th.There's no air conditioning where I live and it did a good job at keeping the room cool and it's not loud. Doesn't disrupt sleep. However, at exactly 11 weeks, it's broken. You still hear the engines running but the blades refuse to spin anymore. There's no indication of damage (no snapping or popping sounds of something burnt.) It simply died.

Some reviews suggested sticking a metal ruler between the blades to help them catch on, but the method didn't work for me. Now it's past the return date and I've emailed Amazon to see if there's anything I can do at this point. (Honestly, at 13 dollars, I'm quite skeptical of the so-called warranty. Might be more effective to get a new one -- a different brand that is.)

UPDATE: So Amazon sent me a replacement, no questions asked! Kudos to their customer service. I remain skeptical of this product and will most likely rate it accordingly if it survives more than 11 weeks this time.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2016 8:16 PM PDT

DHZ® Unique Ultra Thin Durable Keyboard Cover Silicone Skin for MacBook Pro 13" 15" 17" (with or w/out Retina Display) iMac and MacBook Air 13" (Blue Owl)
Offered by dhz
Price: $6.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal and the owl is so cute!, March 8, 2016
I've been trying out keyboard covers lately for my MBP13", and I've finally decided to get one for the purpose of decoration when I'm using my laptop alone at home!

Pros: Colorful, cute, does protect your keyboard (everything that a standard keyboard cover could do.) The print prevents the cover from getting all greased up from hand sweat. The package arrived with two of them, the one of your choice and a transparent one (mine comes with the blue rims.) I love them. Can't beat the price!

Cons:
The back of the cover sticks dust pretty easily when I try to dry it off. Quite irksome if you're in a time crunch or somewhere inconvenient. I wasn't expecting it, but still the tactile feedback is not as decent as the covers from UPPERCASE and Moshi, but it's wayyyy cheaper and cuter, so it all depends on your needs.

I own all 3 so I don't mind. The owl can stay at home keeping me accompanied while I'm not really doing intense typing at work. Exactly what I needed it to be!

Overall: For practical purposes, get UPPERCASE. If you just want your keyboard to look colorful or amazing.. look no further!!
Comment Comment | Permalink

UPPERCASE Premium Ultra Thin Keyboard Protector for Macbook Pro with Retina Display 13 - 15 Inches (PKBC-R)
Price: $12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works just like Moshi... With half the price, March 6, 2016
I own both the UPPERCASE and Moshi for my MBP retina 13. They are honestly the same in my opinion. Moshi is actually overpriced here in the U.S. / Amazon... I got it for less than $15 at the Hong Kong Apple Store.
On the aspect of tactile feedback and fit, I actually prefer UPPERCASE right now, but it might be my minds playing tricks on me as it's the newer (hence crispier) one. I will update the review after a few months to see how it fares through the ages.

I started out with a Moshi and it discolored (the keys I use most turned yellowish-red) pretty quickly. I wash it every once a week to get rid of the grease and dust residue. Both can last more than one year with proper care if you don't mind the bumps and puffiness that follows eventually with weeks and months of use. Nothing too crazy that it won't fit on the keyboard (my 1.5 year old Moshi is still kicking and useful,) but due to the slight disfiguration, do remember to remove any cover before you close , or else it will leave imprints on the screen!

On a side note, personally, I disagree with reviews that say "you don't feel it" -- I didn't try the other brands and typed bare when I first got my MBP, and it honestly took me a while to get used to the squishy keyboard cover. Now I feel safer with it and it saved my keyboard from turning "shiny".

It is not completely water-proof though, so be extra careful around coffee and drinks!

Woodgrain Bamboo Wooden Watch with Genuine Brown Cow Leather Strap Quartz Analog Casual Wood Watches
Offered by Taylor Co-founder
Price: $33.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Since I bought this for a friend..., December 31, 2015
Pros: The watch looks beautiful and sleek with a long lasting wide surface and leather strap. Worth every single penny. Excellent and responsive customer service and the warranty puts the mind at ease.

Cons: A portion of the leather strap is tainted with black residue. Not a huge problem overall.
In addition, the black cushion (with the filling sticking out) and box looks extremely cheap and fragile, was falling apart by the time I obtained it, and the leather was leaving small flaky pieces all over the pillow; wouldn't do the beautiful watch any justice at all -- Definitely something to keep in mind if you want to order and send it as a gift directly from Amazon to the recipient! Though this wouldn't be a problem if you bought it for yourself and would discard the box eventually.

Excellent product overall, but definitely more of a guy's watch. The watch surface is HUGE. Something to keep in mind, otherwise enjoy!

Zippo Black Matte Lighter with Border
Zippo Black Matte Lighter with Border
Price: Click here to see our price
40 used & new from $13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well even under windy or foggy days, November 6, 2015
Owned a normal black matte one and this is my second one. It works well and lights up normally under windy and the occasionally drizzly weather of San Francisco compared with BICs and regular lighters (that keeps on going off.)

Assassin's Creed Syndicate Assassin's Gauntlet with Hidden Blade
Assassin's Creed Syndicate Assassin's Gauntlet with Hidden Blade
Price: $26.57
41 used & new from $21.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent enough replica, November 6, 2015
This is my first hidden blade purchase, so I'm not sure about how it compares with the previous versions.

The gauntlet is sturdy, the details are nice, and I have no complaints about the huge size (as it is supposedly based on life-size?); it is meant to cover coats / thick Victorian costumes instead of just your bare arms.
I would replace the black velcro sticking out from the side (sort of ugly and out of place) with genuine leather straps from craft stores. I would also redo the paint work partially for the hidden blade (especially) and the dart gun. Everything else looks fine.

It makes a loud clacking noise when you release the hidden blade; might be irksome if kids play with it in the middle of the night or startling if you've pressed it in a quiet room. The safety lock helps. Can't comment on the spring yet as mine is still intact after 30 releases.

Overall, I'd give it a 3.5, and is currently contemplating about getting the matching cane sword when the price eventually drops.
Didn't surpass expectations but definitely not disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6