Profile for D. Carey > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 65

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

D. Carey RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
A Passion Redeemed (The Daughters of Boston Book #2): Bk. 2
A Passion Redeemed (The Daughters of Boston Book #2): Bk. 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelent followup to a Passion Most Pure!, August 29, 2014
I loved it! I didn't think it could top A Passion Most Pure, but it did. At one point it brought tears to my eyes. This writer has a way of bringing the day to day conversation with God so real. I stayed up until 2 this morning because I had to finish it. The characters become so real in both books that you feel for them, admire them and get annoyed with them. Well done!

A Passion Most Pure (The Daughters of Boston Book #1): A Novel
A Passion Most Pure (The Daughters of Boston Book #1): A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Long but oh so glad I read it, August 26, 2014
At times it seemed to drag a bit but the more I read the more I needed to find out what happened. And I'm so glad I did keep reading. The rivalry between the sister is very intriguing as well as all the surprise twists. I can say I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Chips of Red Paint
Chips of Red Paint
Price: $2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, August 22, 2014
This is an enjoyable two day read filled with nostalgia and a few surprises I wasn't expecting.

Woman of Grace (Brides of Culdee Creek Book #2)
Woman of Grace (Brides of Culdee Creek Book #2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great follow-up to Daughter of Joy!, August 18, 2014
Loved it! A great follow-up to Daughter of Joy. I will continue with this series. Kathleen Morgan makes these characters come alive and gives the reader much to ponder.

Dancing With Jesus: A Novel
Dancing With Jesus: A Novel
Price: $9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Had to force myself to finish this., August 16, 2014
Although I love Christian novels as well as historical novels, I found it very difficult to get drawn into this one. What is normally a 1-2 read for me seemed to drag on & on as I kept putting the book down since I couldn't get the characters to 'come alive'. I even felt that the first 10% of the book, which is just an introduction to the actual book, was completely unnecessary. Seeing all the 5 stars though, I am glad many others did enjoy it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2014 4:53 AM PDT

Daughter of Joy (Brides of Culdee Creek Book #1)
Daughter of Joy (Brides of Culdee Creek Book #1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved It!, August 16, 2014
What a wonderful book. Its a fast 1-2 day read that I did not want to put down. You are immediately drawn into every character. It leaves you pondering the depths of trust, forgiveness, and paths lives can take when God is allowed to guide them. Many times I just had to stop and think. Wonderfully written!

Katie's Dream: A Novel
Katie's Dream: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series!, August 2, 2014
Another great book in the Wortham family saga. The connection with all the characters is excellent as they all come alive. You care for some and get annoyed with others. Well done. I'll be reading more from Leisha Kelly.

Angels Watching Over Me (Shenandoah Sisters Book #1)
Angels Watching Over Me (Shenandoah Sisters Book #1)

3.0 out of 5 stars I'll pass on the rest of the series., July 24, 2014
Sorry, this was just not up to par with the batch of novels I just breezed through.(You know, the 2 days reads you cant put down, then you buy the rest of the books in the series). I get that there are more in this series but it didnt leave me with the desire to find out what happens further on as I had no connection with any of the characters, even though I love historical novels. I found myself skimming through the black stories and songs since the time period language made it very slow going and difficult to read. Although the plot of the novel sounded interesting, I was glad that I was done.

Emma's Gift: A Novel
Emma's Gift: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVED IT !!!!, July 18, 2014
Emma's Gift is an awesome follow-up to Julia's Hope. Every character becomes real and believable as you read through their struggles in an era we didn't have to live through. These books leave you searching your own heart about attitudes of gratefulness, selflessness or the lack thereof. I will be reading more of Leisha Kelly's books. What a gifted writer.

Julia's Hope
Julia's Hope

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful book!!!, July 16, 2014
This review is from: Julia's Hope (Kindle Edition)
I love it when a book leaves me thinking about it after I'm done reading it. Julia, a woman sensitive to God's leading, yet coming to the realization that even though she thought she was a Godly woman, there is always further to come. Don't we all. Sam, a man seeking to provide for and see his family happy, yet I found him a bit on the whiny or ungrateful side at times. Aren't we all. Emma, a woman of Godly wisdom with an unselfish and giving spirit. Wow, she humbles the reader to want the same heart.
Well done Leisha Kelly!!!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7