Profile for T. Hill > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 390

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

T. Hill "Relytia" RSS Feed (Portland, OR)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Destiny Limited Edition Strategy Guide
Destiny Limited Edition Strategy Guide
by Phillip Marcus
Price: $24.18
33 used & new from $20.05

1.0 out of 5 stars A glorified instruction manual that is not worth the money, even for huge fans of Destiny, September 20, 2014
I hate to say it, but this is one of the most disappointing "limited edition" guides that I have ever bought in my life. In many ways, you can tell that Bungie had a hand in this. In the book, it clearly states that Bungie/Activision wouldn't let Brady Games have much access to Destiny itself in advance of release beyond letting them visit Bungie studios for a few days to get tips from the developers. Bungie's characteristically stubborn refusal to reveal ANY substantial info about Destiny before release has hurt the quality of the guide I'm afraid. There are many examples of this. I'll try to be clear in discussing them. I also want to make clear before I say anything else that I am a HUGE fan of Destiny. I've sunk countless hours into it already, as all three classes, and I have to say, I haven't enjoyed a game or been hooked by one like this in a LONG time. So take that fact into consideration as I rip this guide a new one.

You can tell something is off the moment you see the book: it's much too thin for a game as huge in scope and concept as Destiny. Quite simply, there's tons of stuff that SHOULD be in the guide, but is glaringly absent. There's no section that details the many different armor permutations you can attain or their stats, upgrades, or even just images of them. You want to know how in-depth they go about Armor? They have two paragraphs telling you what anyone with half a brain would know anyway. Same with weapons. In many ways, this guide feels like a glorified instruction manual. You want to know what their "armor gallery" section consists of? Each class (Titan, Hunter, Warlock) gets their own two page spread with four pictures of guardians outfitted at level 1, 5, 10, and 20. That's it, and no labeling system to tell you what each armor piece is. There IS a huge armory section with is filled with charts that tell you in abstract mathematical terms what each modification does to any given armor/weapon it may apply to (again, no specifics), but they're absolutely confusing and meaningless to look at. Not helpful at all, or even interesting.

I don't know about you, but I buy guides like this primarily to know where well-hidden collectibles are, and if you bought this guide for that, well I'm afraid you're s*** out of luck. There are many dead ghosts dispersed throughout the worlds of Destiny. You want to know what they put in this guide to help you find them? Three word hints from Bungie. Want to find that ghost in the dig site at Venus? "Rinse. Wash. Repeat." is the only help you get, sorry (I ACCIDENTALLY found this one in a sink in a back-corner, out-of-the-way labratory in a building complex. Hilariously, I was trying to find a different ghost based on one of the other hints in the book). Absolutely worthless. There are also five golden chests in each location in Destiny, and while each one is detailed in this book, the descriptions of where to find them are terrible. Seriously, "find the water falling in front of the cave" in a section filled with waterfalls and caves is not helpful in the least. Most locations don't get pictures either, not that the ones that ARE there are at ALL helpful anyway...

There is quite a bit of space in the guide devoted to the different story missions and strikes, but many of them are bare-bones and you can tell that the writers weren't given enough time to really become acquainted with them. Anyone who has played the game knows that the story-missions are just the tutorial of the game anyway. Most of Destiny's meat-and-bones is in its end-game content, including the Strikes, and this guide barely passes in that regard. The only Strike that gets truly substantial coverage, is the first Strike on Earth, the only one that was available during the beta. Again, it's obvious the writers weren't given enough time with the game. Some of the biggest, most important end-game stuff, like the dreaded "Vault of Glass" literally gets a paragraph advertising how great it will be. The "hardest challenge" Bungie has ever crafted and probably the biggest thing needing a strategy guide gets a PR statement. Gee, thanks for that.

Perhaps worse of all is that Destiny already has BIG DLC expansions planned for the game that will obviously not be covered in any way, shape, or form in this guide. Just like Destiny is incomplete now compared to what it will be in a year, so is this guide, and let's face it, this guide is incomplete anyway.

Seeing how this is supposed to be a special "limited edition" guide, I had some other expectations going in. Most of the LE guides I've bought over the years almost always include nice little bonuses like an art section or some sort of documentary style interviews with the developers... SOMETHING interesting. Again, there's nothing like that here (two high-quality lithographs, as nice as they may be, are not enough. Sorry BG). This is especially disheartening because Destiny is such a gorgeous game, both conceptually and graphically. It would have been great to see more of the art that went into it, but alas.

One thing the guide does WELL is that its format is pleasing to the eye. Much like the interface of the game itself, this guide is presented in a simple, clean style that is pleasant. Bravo on that. The printing quality is nice and so is the cover and dust jacket, although the paper quality is not the best. Many pages in my book are wrinkled and wavy, which annoys me. The writing quality itself is decent for the most part, although there are several typos and some egregious examples of poor writing here and there that makes me wonder if Brady Games has an editor OR if they rushed this thing because of time constraints. My vote is on the latter.

Honestly, I cannot in good conscience recommend this guide to anybody, not even to those who, like myself, consider themselves massive fans of Destiny itself. This guide utterly fails in almost every regard that I buy game guides for. I don't get it. The Halo: Reach LE guide was fantastic, and the Halo 4 Collector's Edition Guide was 100X the quality of this. What went wrong? Personally, I think it may have to do with the nature of Destiny itself, seeing as how no one could play it until the 8th due to its always-online nature. There's also the fact that Bungie was particularly, frustratingly cryptic when it came to revealing ANYTHING substantial about the game before launch, instead slinking back and relying on fancy, eloquent PR speech. It's obvious that hurt this guide as well. Unfortunately friends, I cannot find much in this book to recommend to anybody. I feel like I wasted my money buying it, and I regret. So I'd skip on this one and hope that Destiny 2, whenever that comes out, gets a better treatment. Thanks for reading my review. I hope it was helpful. Toodles
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 20, 2014 8:24 PM PDT

BRAND NEW Nut Milk Bag by Everyday Kitchen Essentials - Premium Reusable Mesh Nylon Strainer - Awesome For Making Homemade Almond Milk - Organic Nut Milks - Excellent Food Grade Filter - Food Strainer - Filter Bags - Fine Mesh Strainer - Mesh Filter And Multi-Purpose Kitchen Tool For Juicing - Lifetime Money Back Guarantee
Offered by Everyday Kitchen Essentials
Price: $19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple in concept and execution, with fantastic results., September 20, 2014
I have to admit, I've never liked nut milk all that much. In fact, most of the time I rather despise it, mostly because of the seemingly always grainy texture no matter what sort of filtering method my wife and I have used. It always ended up grainy, which made it a poor substitution for dairy milk, that is, until now. This nut milk bag is superb.

This product is very simple in concept and execution, so this review will be short and sweet, just like the milk it produces. I've used all manners of nut milk filters, cheese cloths, you name it, but THIS particular bag was the best of all by a long shot. Using it to filter almond milk creates drink that is deliciously creamy and VERY smooth. It's fantastic. We've also used it to filter juices and other fresh made liquids to make them smoother and free of particles, and it works just as well for those things as well. It's also very simple and easy to clean, and for a dumb caveman like me, this is pleasing.

So overall, it's a product as simple in concept and execution as its name would suggest, but it's the quality of the results that elevates this nut bag higher than the rest, for me anyway. If you're like me and you don't normally like nut milk because it's too "rough" to enjoy, then I'd heartily recommend this bag. When I got mine, the price was quite cheap, so it's definitely a great value. I hope you enjoyed this review and found it helpful. Thanks for reading. Toodles.

Nintendo 3DS XL Pink/White - Nintendo 3DS XL
Nintendo 3DS XL Pink/White - Nintendo 3DS XL
Offered by Buy 4 Less Shop
Price: $216.99
36 used & new from $138.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, Nintendo delivers on the 3DS' potential (an in-depth look at the improvements and differences over the original 3DS), August 24, 2014
If one looks at the 3DS with an unbiased, objective point of view, there is a lot to love. It is basically a next-gen successor of Nintendo's vastly successful DS console, with the horse-power of a console somewhere between the Gamecube and the Wii. It utilizes a very cool 3-D effect that, when done right, really adds to the overall immersion of the gaming experiences available on it. Everything about it is an improvement on the original DS. Granted, it also has some caveats and issues as well. The 3DS XL does a very good job delivering the goodness of the original 3DS, while making vast improvements over its smaller brother original. In this review, I will focus on the differences and improvements this model makes on the 3DS line. I'll warn you right now, this is a long review. If you don't like long reviews, then you may want to skip this. :P

Screen Size: With a title that includes "XL," obviously the increase in size is the biggest difference between this and the original 3DS. It may be easy to hear that the screens are 90% bigger than the original, but it really is a stark difference when you take the system out of the package and see it for yourself. The XL's screens are HUGE compared to the original. It's comparable to the jump between the DSi and the DSXL, for those savvy to what that means, but in this case its even bigger because the top screen is in a widescreen format. Despite the size increase, the picture is still crisp and pops with nice detail. I thought that because the screen would be bigger, but with the same resolution as the original, the XL's picture would be distorted and fuzzy, but that's not the case here. I've put the screen detail and quality through rigorous testing since buying the system, playing many different games, and the bigger picture really makes the scenery more detailed than I ever noticed before. It's no exaggeration to say that the games actually feel new due to this greater detail. It's great!

Screen quality: Instead of the top half of the XL having a shiny, glossy finish of the screen and the area around it that the original featured, the 3DSXL features an almost "smoothed over" finish that was meant to lessen glare from the sun or other lights from bothering your eyes. It actually makes quite a difference. The trade-off is that the back-lighting seems just a smidgen less bright, but not much at all. One of the biggest problems I had with the original 3DS was the problem of "ghosting." It was especially frequent in games with areas of high contrast. This was a common issue people had with the original 3DS, but I haven't noticed it much at all yet with the XL. This is a big plus for me, because that ghosting was one of my biggest gripes with the original. I made my peace with it though, because ghosting naturally occurs from time to time with the tech being utilized in the 3DS, but to have it mostly gone here is a real treat. The colors in the XL seem brighter and a bit more vibrant as well. The touch screen is really nicely made, and seems to be a slight improvement on the original, but the difference is negligible. The saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," comes to mind.

DS backwards compatibility: Honestly, this is one of the best things about the 3DXL. If you look up comparison videos of the first 3DS playing original DS games and a DSi playing DS games, the 3DS is surprisingly inferior. The colors are more bland, the resolution is fairly fuzzy, and if you choose to play it in its native resolution to fix that blurry smudginess, the screen becomes so small it's hardly worth doing that. The XL makes drastic improvements in all of these areas. The colors are just as bright and beautiful as playing on a normal DSiXL. Due to the larger screen size, playing in a native resolution still leaves ample room for playtime and is no longer the cramp experience the first 3DS offered. If you choose that route, the screen will be close to a normal DSi. Even if you don't, the picture is still decent at full-size, shockingly. This fantastic backwards compatibility is a real plus in the 3DSXL's favor and should not be understated. Massive improvement here.

Build quality: Much like the new DSi and DSiXL made notable improvements in build quality to their predecessors, so does the XL refine the design of its predecessor. Instead of an outer glossy finish, there is a sleek matte exterior that makes the XL feel more heavy duty and refined. It definitely has a better build quality than the original. My original 3DS' top screen hinge became fairly loose and the lock-in positions a little weak after just one instance where I accidentally jostled it. The hinges on the XL click and lock into one or two set angular positions before locking into the flat position and I know there's no way this thing is going to break easily at all. That's a really nice improvement. The system is surprisingly slick in its form too. It's about the same thickness as the original (which is kind of clunky in comparison, let's be honest), and even weighs less than expected, despite the larger screen and button size, and this size and shape really comes across as a mature, sleek gadget from Nintendo. I felt the same way about their classy DSiXL system too. The buttons are also vastly improved. The home, select, and start buttons are actual separated buttons that have a bit of click to them, which is a vast improvement. The other buttons have more "squish" to them, but still click in a satisfying way. All-in-all, the buttons feel very balanced, if that make sense. They're very similar to the DSiXL's button quality, which is to say, very nice. The 3-D and Volume slider are also different. When all the way off, the 3-D slider clicks into position, and when you want to turn the 3-D effect on, you must click it out of position and then slide it to your desired position. Both the volume and 3-D sliders seem more heavy duty. They stick and stay in position very, very well. A lot of small details add up in this system, to be sure.

Battery life: In my personal experience, the original 3DS had battery life that lasted about 4-5 hours with the 3-D slid up, 5-7 without 3-D, and roughly 6-8 hours with DS games. The 3DS XL is supposed to last 3.5-6.5 hours with 3D, 6-8 without, and 8-10 with DS games. It's not a HUGE improvement, but every bit counts. If you're like me and play a lot of the time with the system plugged into the wall, it won't really matter all that much anyway, but for those who want to play on the go, this is a really nice improvement over the original.

Sound: Supposedly, the sound tech in the 3DSXL is pretty close to the original, but I (and others, I've checked) have noticed some differences. The speakers on the XL seem a bit quieter than the original. Not a ton, mind you, but it's noticeable. The speaker volume level seems to depend on which game you're playing too. 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure seems just as loud as before, but better now. I tend to play my 3DS with these amazing headphones on, and the difference becomes really noticeable then. The sound from the XL with headphones seems a lot more detailed and ambient than before, and the volume level is fine. The highs, mids, and lows are distinctive with no aspect overpowering or distorting the others. Much like the visuals, I'm hearing things in games I never heard before, and it has enhanced my experience even further. Great stuff here, and a very pleasant surprise!

Memory: The 3DSXL comes with a 4 GB SD card, making for a much bigger space for storage than the 2 GB SD card included with the first models. This is nice. I almost filled my first one up and still had a lot more games to get. Granted, you can buy any sized SD to use with the 3DS after some formatting, but having more space right off the bat is nice.

Any issues?: In many ways, the 3DSXL is what the 3DS should have been from the beginning, and it's a fantastic little handheld. It's not quite perfect though. For one, where's the second analog slider? There's ample room under the right-hand face buttons for it, but alas, no slider. It's not a problem that bothers me much, but I must note it because there are many who will view it as an issue. Imagining the boat-peripheral they're making for this system makes me giggle a bit. It conjures up visions of Nintendo releasing a laptop-sized 3DS with trigger buttons, lol. I understand they kept it out due to tech/power/space optimization, which makes sense. Personally, I never cared much for a second slider, and not having one has pushed developers to come up with some really creative things in the past on the DS and 3DS alike. I also find the design of the XL to be, like the original, cramped and painful to hold after a while, especially in high-action games. It's definitely better, don't get me wrong, but the cramping is still there a bit. I highly recommend this comfort grip, as it pretty much eliminates any discomfort from playing (too bad it doesn't come in white or pink :/). :D Perhaps the most annoying thing about this handheld is the d-pad. It works just as well as the one before, but now it's extremely "clicky." I don't mean the button clicks when you use it; that has always been the case with the 3DS. What I mean is, now the d-pad seems to be looser in its area, and so makes this "clickety" sound against the bracket if you lift your thumb off of it even if only for a split-second. It can be really annoying. One more personal gripe: the color choices. Really Nintendo? Bright blue, red, and pink? The DSiXL had really mature, fetching color options that made the system feel like an adult's gadget. These slick red and blue colors are a lot less subtle and elegant. Don't get me wrong, I own a teal 3DS (not exactly the most "mature" color choice) and love it, but I wish there had been a more subdued teal, gold, or forest/jade green finish to choose from. This Pink/White XL stands out from the others due to its white highlight instead of black like the others. Objectively speaking, it is very pretty (as a married man, I confidently say that and feel no shame or embarrassment). My wife has a 3DSXL with this color scheme and it is surprisingly eye-catching and clean looking, but like the other color options, it is hardly what I'd call "mature." Ah, who cares though, right? It's still a fantastic handheld

I realize this review is very long, but when considering tech purchases that are this pricey, these kind of reviews always helped me make informed decisions better. I have both the original and now the XL, and I must say the 3DSXL feels like the "true" 3DS. The system should have been like this from the start, honestly, and when it was originally announced, I, along with many others, hoped for an XL edition. Now we get it and it has been well worth the wait. For those who don't own a 3DS yet, this is the perfect time to get it. This system finally delivers on the promise of the original 3DS, and now there's an absolutely incredible library of titles for newcomers to joyously embrace, and that library grows more amazing with every month it seems. The 3DSXL is easily my favorite and most played gaming device in a long time. At a mere 30$ more than the original for practically double the space and a big jump in hardware quality, it's more than worth it. This is a great value. I'm glad I got the original a year ago, but I am absolutely thrilled to get this version, and heartily recommend it to all gamers with a heart container for Nintendo. It's not a choice you'll regret. I hope you enjoyed this review and found it helpful. Have a good day. Toodles.

Argan Oil For Hair Treatment & Elixir - Hair Oil Treatment Infused With Organic Argan Oil, Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Shea Butter, Grapeseed Oil And Vitamin B5 For Hair - Best Hair Care Leave-In Conditioner Treatment | Perfect for Frizzy, Dry and Damaged Hair - Guaranteed Results
Offered by Instanatural LLC
Price: $69.95

5.0 out of 5 stars My hair has never looked or felt this nice. Seriously., August 11, 2014
My whole life, I always had hair that was thick, shiny, and stong. Over the past couple years, however, it had changed, becoming noticeably drier, more brittle and just lacking in luster overall. Well, now things have changed again, but this time for the better and it's almost entirely because of this awesome elixir. I'm so glad that I found this stuff.

After using this elixir for the past two months, my hair has become noticeably stronger, shinier, thicker, softer, and just plain better in pretty much every way. I'm actually shocked at how well this stuff has worked for me, and how fast too. I noticed a difference within a few days, and two months later the difference is pretty remarkable. Even my wife has made comments about how noticeable the improvements are. My hair was always very healthy growing up, but it's never been to the level it is now. This serum conditions my hair so well that I no longer have frizzy and rough hair after showering. Instead, it's silky and smooth. I absolutely love this stuff.

One of my favorite things about this elixir is the quality and simplicity of its ingredients. Unlike most mainstream hair care products, there isn't a single ingredient that I can't pronounce or don't know about already. My wife is super knowledgeable about these sorts of things, and often makes DIY hair/teeth/facial care products herself. My wife knows a great deal about pretty much every oil in this serum, and she immediately gave it the highest praise and recommendation upon seeing the ingredients alone. I think that's very important. Everything in this is naturally proven to nourish hair, and much of it is organic to boot. No wonder it works so well.

There are a ton of different ways you can use this serum too. I typically put two full compression's worth and run it through my hair thoroughly, go to bed, and then wash it out in a morning shower. I find that overnight saturation is when I get maximum results, but massaging it into your hair for any amount of time before a shower, be it ten minutes or a couple hours, always gives benefits. Using a drop or two is great for styling your hair also. So you can add variety of uses to the list of benefits too.

I think it's worth noting that I was sent this serum for free in exchange for an honest review, but once my bottle runs out, I'll definitely be buying another. When that bottle runs out, another again. I really can't praise this serum enough. I am just amazed at how much my hair has improved in a relatively short period of time while using it. If you're looking for a natural, high-quality conditioner for making your hair healthier and more beautiful, this elixir is the way to go. I give it my highest recommendation. Thanks for reading my review. I hope it was helpful. Toodles.

Tea Beyond Clear Glass Teapot Butterfly 710ml 24 Oz Non Drip with Infuser
Tea Beyond Clear Glass Teapot Butterfly 710ml 24 Oz Non Drip with Infuser
Offered by Tea Beyond
Price: $25.00
2 used & new from $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A gorgeous little teapot, August 11, 2014
"What a beautiful teapot. It's almost like it's from a dream." Those are the exact words my wife just used to describe this teapot. As I sit here writing this review, I'm looking at the teapot with a nice batch of loose leaf Nettle Tea and I can't help but agree with her. There's no doubt this is a lovely teapot.

First off, it just looks gorgeous. The design is simple, to be sure. The teapot itself is relatively small, and along the lower portions of the main vessel runs a delicate double-helix pattern that is striking in its simplicity. Atop the teapot, there is a purple glass butterfly that acts as a very striking accent piece that draws the eye. Visually, this is as nice a teapot as you could ask for and has already drawn nice compliments from guests.

The teapot functions as well as you could hope for. It's a simple design, with an infuser that you place the tea itself into. There's little to no dripping that we've noticed. Every batch of tea that we've made has been stellar with this teapot. My wife and I are pretty health conscious, so having a teapot made of such high-quality glass is really important to us. Being made of such clear glass also allows you to easily see the quality and intensity of tea you're making, which is nice. If there's one aspect about the teapot's design that I would change, it would be to make the spout a little longer than it is here, but I admit that's purely subjective. The tiny spout here has given us no problems functionally thus far.

I was sent this teapot for free in exchange for an honest review. My wife and I loved this teapot so much that we ended up buying another one to give to my Mom as an anniversary present. She loved it just as much as we have enjoyed ours'. If you're a tea-drinker that is looking for an excellently designed teapot that is as pretty on the eyes as it is easy to use, then I'd definitely recommend this beautiful little teapot any day of the week. It is fantastic. Thanks for reading my review. I hope it was helpful. Toodles.

BioGanix White Mulberry Leaf Extract Premium 1000mg | Blood Sugar Stabilizing Herbal Weight Loss Support Supplement | Antioxidant Rich & High In Fiber and Protein | Increase Energy, Lower High Blood Pressure and Bad Cholesterol (60 Veggie Capsules - 500mg per pill) *100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE*
Offered by BioGanix
Price: $37.00

5.0 out of 5 stars My life and health have definitely improved while taking this supplement. Highly recommended., July 28, 2014
White Mulberry leaf extract is a fairly new phenomenon to me. Even my wife, who is very conscientious about holistic health remedies, had never really heard about or done any research on it. So it was a surprise to me to learn just how popular this kind of extract has become in recent years with some mainstream doctors talking about its plethora of health benefits. There are many supposed positive aspects to the plant, including very healthy antioxidant levels that help clean up free radicals in the body, stabilizing blood sugars, lowering glucose, helping with digestive regularity, an immune system booster, and even changing the way the body responds to sugars, essentially converting it to waste and getting rid of it from the body quicker. It's a pretty awesome little plant, if I do say so myself.

Unlike other reviewers on here, I don't have any health conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, or anything like that (that I know of), and I haven't gone to a lab to have my blood tested to see if this extract is really having the effects it purports to have on a person's health, at least to such a scientific degree. What I can say, though, is my own anecdotal account and how I have felt personally while taking it. From my experience, I can definitely say I've felt better, having taken almost the whole bottle over a month and a half's time. My digestive system has been quite healthy, that's for sure, but that was never really a problem for me.

For the past two years, I've really battled with intense cravings for junk/comfort foods and have gained a lot of weight. While taking this extract, I've noticed that my cravings are much less intense and easier to control, without a doubt. Not only that, but my weight gain trend from the past two years stalled completely once I started taking this, with no other change to my diet. Once I really tried watching what I eat more often, my weight has decreased a bit, and that's just from a little effort. If I went all-out in trying to be healthier, I have no doubt my weight would decrease even more. When taking a capsule before a meal, it's much easier to feel satisfied from my meal from eating less than I've been used to, which is nice. Most importantly, though, I've just felt *good* while taking this extract. It's hard to explain, but I've felt a bit more spring in my step since I started taking these capsules, with more energy and positivity in my life. It's been nice.

So if you're even the slightest bit interesting in trying out a supplement that will help in many areas of your health, from digestive issues to weight loss to energy levels to anti-oxidant boosts and much more, then this White Mulberry Leaf Extract is easy to recommend. BioGanix seems to be a company that takes their products seriously when it comes to quality control as well, which is nice. I can definitely say that I have benefited greatly from my time taking this supplement, and I will probably buy more in the future when the sample bottle I received runs out. This has been a very positive experience for me. I hope this has been a helpful review. Thanks for reading. Toodles.

Love Hangers® - Top Quality Velvet Clothes Hangers - Very Strong, Slim, Space-Saving, Non-Slip Closet & Coat Hangers - Luxuriously Flocked, No Slip, Thin, Notched, Pink, Space Saver for Skirts, Scarves - Unique & Unusual Christmas Gift For Her, Women - Multiple, Bulk Sets of 10 - 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
Offered by Living Concept
Price: $29.95

4.0 out of 5 stars High-quality hangers, if a wee bit pricey, May 28, 2014
I'm reading a lot of reviews on this product that talk about how great they are for more delicate, soft clothing, made of materials like silk and the like. My wife owns lots of clothing like that, and these hangers have worked really well for hanging those types of delicate clothes that end up crumpled on the closet floor.

I'm here to write they also work for other types of clothing. I own several suits, many dress shirts, and other kinds of clothes you generally want to hang in your closet with the nicest types of hangers. These velvet hangers have worked for that purpose just as well as they do for my wife's clothing.

Being a married man, I can say without shame that these hangers are nice on the eyes too. The heart shape is an admittedly nice touch, and the purple color is appealing. I don't think anybody buys hangers for their aesthetic design, but for what it's worth, these aren't bad on the eyes.

Even though $20 is pretty steep, I'd say they're worth the price if you're looking for nice, sturdy novelty hangers that will be good for hanging clothes of any category. These are definitely worthy of consideration.

*Note: I received a sample of this product from Living Concept in exchange for an honest review. Thanks for reading my review. Hope you found it helpful. Toodles.

#1 MULTI-PURPOSE Scarf Hanger, Ties, Belts, Neckties, Hosiery, Tights Organizer / Holder - STRONG, NATURAL WOOD Neck-Wrap Storage Rack For Closets - 10 SPACE-SAVING CHROME RINGS For Multiple Accessory Storage - ECO-FRIENDLY Gift Idea For Her - 100% ANTI-SNAG GUARANTEED - 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee - Lifetime Warranty
Offered by Living Concept
Price: $24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A very nifty storage device for your closet, May 28, 2014
As a guy that owns at least two or three dozen ties and several belts, as well as being married to a wife with many scarves, I can't really describe how nice it is to have something like this. When a rep from Living Concept contacted me with the prospect of receiving this hanger in exchange for an honest review, I was very much intrigued. I've had this for a few weeks now, and it has fulfilled its purpose with aplomb.

It's a simple little thing really. You have a rectangular wood block connected to a hanger, with about five hoops jutting out on both sides. You can hang a huge range of items on these hooks. I use mine for suit ties and scarves, but it works just as well for hanging hats, belts, tights, bras, etc. The construction is high quality and I haven't had any issues of clothes being snagged/ripped/caught on this thing in the weeks since I got it. It also looks nice in the closet with solid construction made from nice materials. If you need something to organize your little articles of clothing clogging up your closet, I'd definitely recommend buying this hanger. At its low price, you really can't go wrong.

Hope you enjoyed the review and found it helpful. Thanks for reading. Toodles.

OXA Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard with Aluminum Alloy Case Cover for iPad 2, 3, 4; Samsung 7" to 10.1" Tablets and More - Silver
Offered by OXA USA COM
Price: $35.09
3 used & new from $31.58

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what the doctor ordered, with a few quirks, May 12, 2014
Before I say anything else, note that this review was written on a tablet using this keyboard.

I recently received a Galaxy Tab 3 as a gift from my family, just about the time I bought an iPad Air as a gift for my wife. One thing both my wife and I wanted to get immediately was a type of wireless tablet-compatible keyboard to help us transition to using a tablet (these are our first). This keyboard from OXA has been an excellent product in that regard.

The keyboard looks very stylish on its own. It has a very sleek, matte silver finish with nicely textured black keys that makes the keyboard look modern and industrial. It's a very nice look. Both my Galaxy Tab 3 and my wife's iPad are white, and it looks nice with it. I'd imagine if we had the darker silver/black models of our tablets, then this keyboard would look even better with them. Even better, the slick design of the keyboard makes it very lightweight and comfortable to have around.

The build quality is very nice too, especially for the price. The hinge holds my tablet with a nice snug fit. My wife's iPad Air is fairly loose though, but this keyboard wasn't made for iPad Airs (I believe the Air came out after this keyboard). It works for her in a pinch. Thankfully, because the keyboard is wireless, you don't even have to have the tablet connected at all for it to work. You can just have it be independent of the tablet and it will still type well. There are quite a few design aspects that just scream attention to detail. The bottom of the keyboard has small rubber stoppers that ensure the thing doesn't move around when you place it on a flat surface to type. The keys have an excellent texture and are elevated perfectly from the board. They also have a nice tactile feel to them with every button press. This thing feels great to type on.

The wireless functionality works great too. Connecting the keyboard to whatever device is easy. Once the connection in made, the device will have you type a simple series of letters and numbers on the keyboard and viola! The device will recognize the keyboard from then on. The wireless connection stays strong and consistent.

As great as the keyboard is overall, it's not perfect. It does have its quirks here and there. The keys take a little while to get broken in. Keys that are longer than your standard letter key (ie. Spacebar, shift key, etc) are pretty particular where you apply pressure, and seem to require being pressed on one side over the other to work. Some of the keys seem to act strangely with my wife's iPad Air too, at least according to her. From what I've read from other reviews on here, the keyboard seems to work best with Android devices. On my Galaxy Tab 3, I've never had any issues.

Overall, this keyboard is very handy to have around. Despite the occasional quirk, it works very well. For the price, I would not hesitate to recommend it. It has a great design, great build-quality, great look, great wireless, and a great price. So if you're looking for a wireless keyboard to sync with your tablet and don't want to break the bank to get it, this keyboard definitely merits serious consideration. Hope you found this review to be helpful. Thanks for reading.

*Note: I received a sample of this product for free in exchange for an honest and unbiased review, which you have just read. Thanks again for reading. Toodles.

OXA® 7800mAh Juice Box S1 Mobile Devices Battery Pack with Grade A cell Microchips and Dual USB Outputs for iPhone, iPad, iPod; Samsung Galaxy, Note; Nexus; HTC; Motorola. Portable External Power Pack, Light Weight Battery Backup (Compatible for more devices with your original cable)
Offered by OXA USA COM
Price: $18.99
3 used & new from $18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fulfills its purpose well. Very handy to have in a pinch., May 12, 2014
There's really not much to say about an external battery like this. It has a very simple purpose: to provide power for various electronic devices when you can't access an outlet or other more common source of power. This battery does just that and excellently to boot! I've used it with my cell phone, my Galaxy Tab 3, my wife's iPad Air, heck, I've even used it to successfully charge my PS Vita and several different kinds of gaming controllers (Wii-U Pro-Controller, PS3, etc). This thing is simple and easy to use.

The initial charge takes a few hours, but once the initial few charges are done, this thing contains a tremendous amount of power. It is a little heavy, but really, that's a minor complaint. The build is tough and the battery life indicator lights on the front are easy to understand. This thing has a very minimalistic design, but that works just fine for its purpose. I also really like that there's an LED flashlight included at the top. It's very bright and makes this come in handy in more situations than just emergency charging. So if you're looking for an external battery to use with various electronic devices across a wide range, I'd say this is definitely a top contender for that. For the price, it works and well. Hope you found the review helpful. Thanks for reading.

*Note: I received a sample product in exchange for an honest and unbiased review, which you have just read. Thanks again for reading. Toodles.*

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17