Profile for Cheryl Koch > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1940

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Cheryl Koch RSS Feed (CO)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Seduced by a Sinner (Destiny in Deadwood) (Volume 3)
Seduced by a Sinner (Destiny in Deadwood) (Volume 3)
by Cynthia Woolf
Price: $10.99
8 used & new from $10.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The ending was fitting and a really good one., October 29, 2014
This is the third and final book in the Destiny in Deadwood series. The ending was fitting and a really good one. However I am sad to have this series end. I have grown close to the Anderson brothers and the women in their lives. Even though I have only read books two and three. I have to go back and read book one, Redeemed by a Rebel, which is Jake's story. Yet, if you have not read the first book don't fear as you can jump into this series with no problems. The author does a good job of recapping the prologue.

I really enjoyed this book. Whereas, in book two with Liam, his story was more on the sweet side, Zach's story was more on the spicy side. Plus, I loved Lily's daughter, Gemma. She was so cute and not afraid to speak her mind. In this book I found that Zach had matured more which endured me to him even more. I was glad to see him have a happy ending as well. I was seduced by this story. I look forward to reading more books by this author.

Since You've Been Gone (Hqn) (English Edition)
Since You've Been Gone (Hqn) (English Edition)
by Anouska Knight
Price: $11.50
87 used & new from $1.34

1.0 out of 5 stars No thanks. I felt no need to continue with this book., October 28, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have been gravitating towards books that focus on bakeries or any type of sweet shop. I find these stories charming and sometimes there are bonuses with yummy recipes in the back of the books. Well this book started out ok. I went along reading the book and got about half way when I was like what am I reading. There was no redeeming qualities about any of the characters, the storyline was nothing special and I was not feeling any chemistry between Holly and Ciaran what so ever. They were both off putting. Holly for being condescending to Ciaran and others that were of higher status then her. Ciaran for having the attitude of wealth and just thinking that he can make any comments he wants and get away with it. No thanks. I felt no need to continue with this book.

Endgame: The Calling
Endgame: The Calling
by James Frey
Price: $12.88
87 used & new from $3.97

4.0 out of 5 stars Even at 477 pages, this book is a quick read., October 26, 2014
This review is from: Endgame: The Calling (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I have not read the Hunger Game books but I have seen the movies. So, of course, there is going to be a lot of pressure and comparison to any author or book that comes out that has similarities to the Hunger Game books. Which it is hard not to compare this book to Hunger Games. Ok, so first off I would have liked a little more back story in regards to what the End Games were and how they were chosen. I don't know if the author did this on purpose or because he thought that readers were just automatically figure be fine with not knowing. Again this goes back to the Hunger Games. Also, there were so many people coming at me all at the same time that it was hard to keep them all straight. It was not until all of them assembled to the location to learn about the End Game and the goal of it that I was able to then start getting all of the characters straight in my head. Once I was able to figure out the goal of End Game and who was who, I was able to then start enjoying the story.

Although, it did feel a little on even like the story was focused mainly on Sarah and Jago. The chapters involving them were longer then most of the other characters. However there was a lot of action and traveling all over the world. Having the ability to travel all over without any rules leaves a lot of bodies in every one's wake. The ending does leave a good lead into the next book. Even at 477 pages, this book is a quick read.

The Ploughmen: A Novel
The Ploughmen: A Novel
by Kim Zupan
Price: $16.45
67 used & new from $8.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Not your typical Western. Lacking action, October 26, 2014
This review is from: The Ploughmen: A Novel (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I liked this book. It was a lot more different then I thought it would be. I was expecting it to be a Western with lots of action and shooting. This book was unique in the way that it focused more on the storytelling aspect with human interaction and the back drop of Montana. At times because of the lack of action, it was hard for me to keep my attention on the story. Which also was a problem because I was not fully invested in the rest of the characters except for the two main ones of John and Valentine. So with hardly any action and lack of intriguing characters, this book was just alright. Although, the past I found was better then the present. I liked getting to know John. His and Valentine's bond was a nice one. The ending was fine.

Tabula Rasa
Tabula Rasa
by Kristen Lippert-Martin
Price: $14.16
67 used & new from $8.46

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time, October 25, 2014
This review is from: Tabula Rasa (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Another book where I was really excited to read it. It was promoted as being the Bourne Identity meets Divergent. Which got my attention. The book started out ok. Yet it was not OMG like action. I was hoping for this and even when I put the book down after about 3 chapters, I was still hoping for this. I gave the book a second chance but was not feeling the characters and there was not a lot of action happening after the first big scene. I then tried to speed the story along some by skimming it for a bit but finally gave up. You can't promote a book like this unless you are going to live up to the standards. Plus, after reading another readers thoughts on the book, I am glad I did not read any further.

The Swap
The Swap
by Megan Shull
Price: $13.23
57 used & new from $8.49

4.0 out of 5 stars What a fun, cute, charming read., October 25, 2014
This review is from: The Swap (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What a fun, cute, charming read. I like that the author did a swap between a guy and a girl. It gave a nice, entertaining perspective to the difference between guys and girls. All of the moments were good but some of my favorites were when Jack had to endure bra shopping, the doctor for female issues and the sleepover and painting nails. For Ellie, I would have it say it was seeing boys in general in the form of being shirtless and learning their own lingo for talking. Each side was equally good. I could not stop reading. For Ellie I really saw a huge improvement. She grew and learned how real friends treat each other and to have a voice. For Jack there was not a lot of changes required other than maybe he got to see what type of girl he wants and that he is lucky to have his brothers. The ending was a sweet one.

Queen of Hearts Volume Two: The Wonder
Queen of Hearts Volume Two: The Wonder
by Colleen Oakes
Edition: Perfect Paperback
Price: $12.07
18 used & new from $5.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this book, October 23, 2014
This is the second book in this trilogy. While I have not read the first book or even heard of this series, I was able to jump right in with both feet. In fact, I enjoyed this book so much that I had to slow myself down some so that I could try to make it last longer. I have read several takes on the story of Alice in Wonderland and I have to say that this is my favorite thus far. It has just the right amount of dark, sinister goodness and it is different enough from the original that I don't make any comparisons. Now, while I wait for book three I have to go back and read book one. Also, I liked that some of the bad guys were good and visa versa. Also that the main characters in the story were not the main featured ones in this book. For example it was cool to get to know more about the deck of cards and Dinah is growing strong. I can't wait for the big battle to happen.

Fashion Angels Darn Yarn Pom Pom Scarf
Fashion Angels Darn Yarn Pom Pom Scarf
Price: $9.62
10 used & new from $8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price this is a good deal., October 22, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
For the price this is a good deal. Who knew it was so easy to make your own scarves. Warning as you could lose track of time making scarves for all your family and friends. Pick up lots of extra yarn if you give it as a gift as the ones that come in this kit will not last long.

Five Days Left
Five Days Left
by Julie Lawson Timmer
Price: $17.04
82 used & new from $8.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Days Left is a captivating, wonderous read!, October 22, 2014
This review is from: Five Days Left (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
What makes a outstanding, exceptional book? Well that is a good question. You have to have really great characters to the point that they do not feel like just characters in a story but real people that could be your friends. Second you have to have a strong story that pulls you in and even pulls at your heart strings. You know you achieved all of this when you can't stop reading the book and don't ever want it to end and even shed some tears for your friends. FYI-Be prepared to have a tissue and even have people look at you if you read this book in public. I did not have people looking at me but I had brought this book to work.

I was so invested in Mara's life that as the time got closer to the end. I was hoping for one more day. Scott I did like too. HIs relationship with Curtis was awesome but I just felt like the story focused more on Mara. I did not realize how evil a disease like Huntington can be to someone. I am still amazed by wonder that this is Mrs. Timmer's first book. She writes like a seasoned pro. I can't wait to see what she comes out with next. Five Days Left is a captivating, wonderous read!

Space Case (Moon Base Alpha)
Space Case (Moon Base Alpha)
by Stuart Gibbs
Price: $12.15
55 used & new from $7.18

4.0 out of 5 stars Space Case is out of this world good reading!, October 21, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is the second book I have read by this author. Really enjoying these books. The first one I read was Poached. Just like that one, Space Case is a quick read. I get lost in these books (in a good way). All of the characters just jump off teh pages and the storylines are great. However, I have to say that in this book, the mystery surrounding the case is better. It was more serious. Whereas in Poached, I felt like there was no real mystery. In fact, I would call Poached more of a comedy read and Space Case more of a mystery. read. Both really good in their own ways.

Dash is intelligent and does not take no for an answer. These qualities I liked about him. Plus another reason that I really had a fabulous time reading this book more is because I am big into space and aviation. It did feel like I was living up in space with Dash and the rest of the families. I can't wait to read the next book by this author. Space Case is out of this world good reading!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20