Profile for Christopher Thomas > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 1

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Christopher Thomas RSS Feed (Hemet, CA)

Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers into Friends and Friends into Customers
Permission Marketing: Turning Strangers into Friends and Friends into Customers
by Seth Godin
Price: $15.08
171 used & new from $0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Points But Falls Short, January 19, 2000
Overall the book raises some good points with regards to developing open dialogs with both existing and potential customers. The book definitely could have been summarized in fewer chapters. Some of the cases cited were great examples of developing interest in a product or service that definitley displayed excellent built in follow up mechanisms. However, since the jest of the book leaned towards the use of the Internet and e-mail as a marketing vehicle the case studies did not necessarily match the vehicle for outreach he was promoting. The book also left one feeling that unless games and sweepstakes were involved the Internet campaign would not necessarily be successful (I may be stretching this view point a bit but it's the impression I left with). Sweepstakes do not work within some arenas. Finally, what I was expecting was some strong advice on Intenet marketing but I felt more like I was getting a sales pitch as to why the firm I worked with should consult with Godin's firm. Perhaps an excellent method of permission marketing! But with any good book I did leave with a few good ideas I could replicate. If I increase my sales from the points of this book it will definitely be well worth the cost.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 13, 2012 9:10 AM PDT