Profile for Louie's Mom > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 342

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Louie's Mom "Compulsive Reader" RSS Feed (USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Anker ® CB310 Full-Size Ergonomic Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo for Desktop with Water-Resistant and whisper-quiet Keyboard Design
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: $89.99
3 used & new from $35.08

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, reasonable price, October 16, 2014
I bought this set to reduce the number of wires that go to my laptop on my desk at work. I wouldn't call the keys quiet, but they don't have as harsh of a "clack" sound as the ones on the cheapo keyboard my company provides. But I do like the feel of the keys - sort of "cushioney." Mouse feels fine and I have small hands. So far no noticeable lag time between my key strokes or clicks and corresponding action on my computer monitors.

Cons: 1. the escape key is SMALL. I use it frequently when I work in Excel and have copy and pasted something, and want to make the dotted line box around the item I copied disappear. I can't hit the Escape key without looking and often accidentally hit the key below it which is a full size key.
2. There is a sloped plastic front edge to he keyboard. It's useless - even with small hands my palms can't rest on it. AND it can't be detached so it prevents me from having my gel filled palm rest up against the bottom edge of the keyboard where it works best for me. After this thing is out of warranty I will remove the bottom of the keyboard and if there aren't any components under that plastic piece I might ask a friend with a table saw if his saw will cut plastic. Then put black electrical tape across the opening in order to keep dust out. That won't look great, but with my cushioned palm rest pushed flush against the front of the keyboard it won't be very obvious.
3. No glowing light telling you the caps lock is on. This has caused me problems numerous times when entering my password for various systems at work. My guess is it was omitted to reduce battery drain, but the tradeoff isn't worth it.

I would guess that Anker beta-tested this set, but if they expanded the types of users who beta-test new products for them it might help them in design. They wasted materials money with the sloped plastic front edge of the keyboard and increased the size of packaging required. (Of course that is assuming they didn't need the additional internal space to house electronics.)

The Last Ship Season 1
The Last Ship Season 1
Price: $15.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Characters seem "wooden" (for lack of a better word. ) If you know a bit about ..., August 25, 2014
Characters seem "wooden" (for lack of a better word.) If you know a bit about biology and infectious diseases the premise of the show is annoyingly unrealistic. For example, getting a sample of the virus before it mutated (the point of the trip to "study the birds") is of no value in creating a vaccine. Most annoying to me were the repeated comments that the Dr had "made mistakes" devising the vaccine. Given the current level of knowledge about viruses, biochemistry and microbiology, scientific experiments must be done to find out what works and what doesn't and that's just doing science, not making mistakes. Consider this "light" entertainment - equivalent to eating some unhealthy but salty fried junk food from a convenience store.

TERRO PreFilled Liquid Ant Killer II Baits 6 Pack T300
TERRO PreFilled Liquid Ant Killer II Baits 6 Pack T300
Price: $5.67
42 used & new from $4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars It's ant invasion season and these are working great, June 6, 2014
For some reason there is about a one month period each year when ants invade my house. Once I start seeing ants in my house, I put these baits at the front and back doors, and in cabinets in my kitchen. These are clear so you can see the dead, trapped ants inside them.

WARNING: a friend visited with her dog and her dog very much wanted to chew these, so we had to keep him with us the entire time they were visiting. I don't know if he would have been harmed by the ingredients, but didn't take any chances.

The Bridge Season 1
The Bridge Season 1
Price: $21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to have a female lead who isn't the stereotypical Hollywood female, June 6, 2014
Gripping mystery and very interesting characters - particularly the main character, a detective who seems to have Asperger's. I wish more tv shows would include people who are not "neuro typical" and particularly more women who are not stereotypical socially smooth and sweet and nurturing.

Caveat - I have watched the European (Swedish?) version of this show (available with English subtitles), which was the basis for the US series and enjoyed the European version more.

OxyLED T100 Dimmable Eye-Care LED Desk Lamp (Flexible Gooseneck, 6-Level Dimmer, Touch-Sensitive Control Panel, No Dark Area, No Ghosting, No Glaring, Pure Light)
Offered by Hisgadget Inc
Price: $45.99
4 used & new from $30.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to light a small area on a desk, June 6, 2014
This is not going to light up an entire desk surface unless you angle it a bit higher than in the photo. I have migraines and keep the flourescent overhead lights in my office turned off. I bought this, but then ended up buying a second lamp - essentially a table lamp, to use with it.

Black Jewell Premium Microwave Popcorn, Natural, 3-Count, 10.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 6)
Price: $22.74
14 used & new from $22.74

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really any better than Orville Redenbacher, June 6, 2014
I like to have popcorn in the evenings and was excited to try this brand after reading the reviews. However, I honestly can't say that it is any better than the Redenbacher product. They seem to have an equal number of unpopped pieces and the same chewiness.

GIAMAICANO - Braided Italian Leather Keychain (Red)
GIAMAICANO - Braided Italian Leather Keychain (Red)
Offered by Marcopoloni
Price: $24.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy but one annoying feature, June 6, 2014
As you can see in the picture, one end has a metal piece that allows you to easily remove a key. This piece is much bigger than it needs to be, and it is more hassle removing the car key from it than it is with a quick release type fitting that you find on the standard cheap double keychains.

Apple Certified MFI EZOPower Lightning 8-Pin 6 Feet USB Sync & Charge Data Cable - Black
Offered by BlueMall
Price: $16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I have a number of non-apple cables & like this one best, June 6, 2014
I keep a 6 foot cable by my bed so I can charge my iPad while using it in bed. I keep another one in the living room for charging the iPad and the iPhone. I keep one at work because it takes a long cord to reach from the powerstrip under my desk, up through the hole in the desk, to reach my phone. I have a 3 foot cable I keep plugged in in my car and another 3 footer in my travel bad.

My EZOPower cables are holding up better than my $10 Coboc cables. The cable exterior (insulation?) is tearing near the device end plug on the Cobocs though I am careful to always unplug them by pulling only on the connector, never the cord.

Dallas Buyers Club
Dallas Buyers Club

4.0 out of 5 stars Serious story with many entertaining scenes, June 6, 2014
It takes a very good screenwriter to create a script that covers a serious subject in a respectful manner, but also includes some humorous moments. I'm not a big fan of McConaughey's acting and I think this is his best performance ever. I was pleasantly surprised by it.

Keep in mind that this is NOT a documentary - if you want to know more about this subject, you can find reviews online that tell you which parts are historically accurate and which are not.

Top of the Lake Season 1 [HD]
Top of the Lake Season 1 [HD]
Price: $19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting mystery with one caveat, June 6, 2014
This is an interesting series, but if you don't like shows with dark themes and disturbing characters this is not for you. It is well done - at no time did I have that annoying feeling that I knew exactly what was coming next.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20