Profile for StephWest > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

StephWest RSS Feed (Durham, North carolina, USA)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
PattyBoutik Cute Floral Lace Crochet Shoulder Sleeveless Casual Blouse Top
PattyBoutik Cute Floral Lace Crochet Shoulder Sleeveless Casual Blouse Top
Offered by PattyBoutik
Price: $25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous!, May 14, 2013
Such fantastic quality. A really beautiful shirt. I bought a medium - I'm 5'9, 145lbs, and 36 C, fits with a little room to spare.

Bath Weight Scale, Digital Glass Body Weight Scale with LCD Display by Camry. Measures in kg or lb. 330lb x 0.2 lb (330lb. Weight Capacity in 0.2lb Resolution). Auto On. Strong Tempered Glass Platform.
Offered by UNIQUE IMPORTS - Better Service!
Price: $22.50

1.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent readings, April 19, 2012
The scale looks nice, functions poorly. First I have to tap it about a hundred times to get it to turn on. I know about how much I weigh (140) and sometimes I'll get on it and it will tell me 132, 128, 142, 138, 125.... in the same day. I mean, this thing is a piece of garbage.

NATURE'S WAY, Perika St. John's Wort - 60 tabs
NATURE'S WAY, Perika St. John's Wort - 60 tabs
Offered by AmericaRx
Price: $10.67
15 used & new from $7.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome stuff., April 5, 2012
I have mild depression and anxiety. I have been prescribed zoloft, wellbutrin, and cymbalta - only to be a poster child for the side effects of each of these (especially the cymbalta, horrible stuff!). I decided that I needed to at least try a natural remedy before I moved on to the next prescription. I read about Perika and decided to try it although I wasn't holding out too much hope. Boy, I was wrong. I know it says to take it a month before you see results but I noticed results within the first week of taking it. It is kind of a bummer to have to remember to take it 3x a day but it is so worth it. It is literally my "happy pill" with no side effects. And although I am terrible at remembering to take meds on time, I can easily remember to take the Perika because my mood starts to dip after about 5 hours from the last dose. If you have issues with depression and anxiety I would highly recommend trying Perika before subjecting your brain to the awful chemicals of prescription meds.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2012 11:08 PM PDT

Boscia Clear Complexion Kit
Boscia Clear Complexion Kit
3 used & new from $69.60

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for everyone, January 20, 2012
I had been searching for a skin care package that would work like Proactiv without the price tag. I was excited to try Boscia, and gave the treatment about 3-4 weeks before making a decision on it. I can't say it worked well for me. When I am not using Proactiv, I have crazy combination, acne-prone skin. One day my skin will be crazy oily, and the next day it will be flaking from dryness. I found the Boscia cleanser to be too mild -- it never gave me that ahhh, tingly clean feeling. The clear skin treatment always made me feel like I was wearing something over my just-cleaned face. The moisturizer did not work for me at all. My acne only got worse during treatment. I got several large, painful acne breakouts that was not typical acne for me. I discontinued using Boscia about four days ago, in which I switched to an over-the-counter Clean & Clear deep cleansing cream wash, followed by cleaning my skin with 70% rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball or tissue, then applying the Clean & Clear dual action moisturizer. Already my skin has become less angry at me, and feels more hydrated and smooth. For those of you wanting to find something other than Proactiv because of the cost, I would suggest trying that instead of Boscia.

Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)
Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games)
Price: $6.99

1.0 out of 5 stars a terrible ending to a great series, January 7, 2012
There is really nothing I can say that hasn't already been said countless times by other reviewers. This book was terrible. Collins really fumbled this one. I could hardly put down the first two books but Mockingjay was tough to get through. Collins must have little respect for her readers, as all the "good" scenes were told to us secondhand by Haymitch in one sentence. So this book was basically Katniss sniveling and being depressed somewhere, and then someone will come in and say something important happened but we, the audience, don't get to be there because we are tethered to an empty shell of a narrator who has absolutely no conviction. Her treatment of poor Peeta really just made me dislike Katniss completely. Don't even get me started on that horrible epilogue. Blah.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, October 17, 2011
Very cute and affordable. It has three separate sections, plus two coin zippers. It is large without being of the "hobo" variety which I think looks dumb and can't stand digging for junk. I like how this purse is great for casual wear or for dressing up. Just wish it came with a matching wallet :) I am extremely satisfied with this purse. Looks lovelier in person.

Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day All Purpose Cleaner, Lemon Verbena, 32 Ounce Bottle
Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day All Purpose Cleaner, Lemon Verbena, 32 Ounce Bottle
Offered by ProMax Commerce
Price: $7.74
19 used & new from $6.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Works GREAT and has a wonderful scent, September 12, 2011
Definitely give this stuff a whirl! I used it to clean my entire house the other day and it works like a dream and even worked extremely well to spot clean my carpet and sofa. The lemon verbena scent is great!

The Weird Sisters
The Weird Sisters
by Eleanor Brown
323 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Pass on this one, July 7, 2011
This review is from: The Weird Sisters (Hardcover)
If you want to read a novel written from the perspective of three women who constantly complain, bicker, hate themselves, hate each other, and never change, by all means, read this book. I'm unsure if the author has siblings or not, but I have three sisters, and the whole "Marcia Marcia Marcia!" complex dies down after about age 16. These characters are supposedly near and beyond thirty. Give me a break. Blah.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 13, 2011 7:39 AM PST

Remington CI95AC/2 Tstudio Salon Collection Pearl Digital Ceramic Curling Wand, 1/2 Inch - 1 Inch
Price: $24.99
13 used & new from $19.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for long hair!, June 29, 2011
I initially ordered this fearing that I wouldn't have much luck. I have thin, fine, shortish-medium hair. It is layered, and the longest layer is just brushing my shoulders, and the shortest layers are a little past my ears. I watched all the YouTube videos I could find on this wand (AskSash88 has the best one "How to Get Taylor Swift curls") and prayed it would work with my short hair, otherwise I was just going to pack it away until my hair grows longer like I want. I have never been able to successfully curl my hair with a curling iron without clamp marks and it generally looking kinda crappy and taking forever. My hair regime for the past 10 years has been wash & blow dry because I always screw up the simplest hair styles.

I got this wand today and practiced a bit. I did get a tiny bit burned a couple times because I found the glove hard to use when seperating my hair - since it is so fine, the strands get all stringy and it's hair to section off -- someone with course hair would probably have better luck with the glove. However, the wand worked so well and my hair looks great! I had to wet it and start over after my initial experiment, but the second time I did it, it turned out so well.

You DO NOT need long hair to use this successfully. You just need to be more careful with shorter hair and go a little slower. It took me about 45 minutes to curl my whole head but it was my first time trying it and I'm not used to curling my own hair. I'm sure once my hair gets a little longer, and I get more practice, it will take no time at all. Love this product!

Schwinn TrackRack 3-Bike Trunk Mount Rack
Schwinn TrackRack 3-Bike Trunk Mount Rack

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, June 28, 2011
Ordered this to drive with 2 bikes to the beach - a little over 200 miles away. The compatibility chart that came with this was for another bike rack *eye roll* but it fit on my 1993 Acura Legend with some coaxing. I don't see how this would fit 3 bikes, but 2 were fine. Held fine to the beach with 1 stop halfway to re-tighten the straps. On the way back, my husband was lazy about stopping and the rack almost came off when we were a mile from our home - so please, stop every 100 miles to tighten the straps if you are driving long distances.

I had a big grievance soon after I bought this because it is sold way cheaper at Toys R Us.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3