Profile for Amazon Junkie > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 12

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Amazon Junkie RSS Feed (Hurricane Central)

Page: 1 | 2
Stylemaster Hudson 52 by 17-Inch Embroidered Lined Valance with Cording, Espresso
Price: $14.99

1.0 out of 5 stars poorly made, October 28, 2014
I ordered the valance in espresso and was anxious to receive it. As soon as I pulled it out of it's package, I found white and brown threads hanging all over the front and back of this valance. On the hemline at the top there are several places where white thread is mixed in with the brown on the front of the curtain. At first I thougth I could simply snip off the white threads..but on closer inspection, they are tied in with the brown thread. I'm afraid it all will unravel if I try to pull them out. VERY disappointed!! I expect this kind of quality from Walmart but not from Amazon. :-( I will be returning it for a refund.

OtterBox Utility Series Latch II Case with Accessory Bag for 10-Inch Tablets
OtterBox Utility Series Latch II Case with Accessory Bag for 10-Inch Tablets
Price: $44.96
5 used & new from $35.50

2.0 out of 5 stars One major chink in the armor., August 11, 2014
I really liked the usability of this handle for the two months I've owned it. After using it daily on an iPad Air with a Lifeproof protective case, one of the straps broke. For full disclosure, I had to remove and replace the handle several times a week for other uses. This would be much less of an issue except for the fact that it's impossible to replace since the loop on the rubber strap is sewn in. Had Otter Box designed this to be replaceable, I would be giving this 4 stars.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 28, 2015 12:32 PM PST

Rush Hour [HD]
Rush Hour [HD]
DVD

4.0 out of 5 stars A must see., January 1, 2014
Funny script and the actors pull it off very well. Fresh plot that works for all ages in the family

Spenco Polysorb Walker/Runner, Men 10-11/Women 11-12
Spenco Polysorb Walker/Runner, Men 10-11/Women 11-12
Price: Click here to see our price
31 used & new from $13.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Great support, rough on socks, May 13, 2012
Owned thses for about 1 month now and here are my high points (and 1 low):

Build:
The arch support on these is noticeable, which suits me fine.
It did take about 2 days to 'break in' but I contribute that to my feet getting used to actually having some comfortable support.
CON: The top finish layer of these is made of a fairly coarse material. I have found that it actually wears down the cotton in my socks, especially at the
ball of the foot. On several occasions, I removed them thinking there was a small pebble in my shoe but it always turns out to be small tight pieces of cotton
from the socks.

SIZING:
I only had to trim the tips of these slightly to fit in a size 11.

Overall:
I do quite a bit of walking during the day (14k on the pedometer) and had problems with foot and leg pain at the end of the day. That has been reduced considerably since I've added these inserts. I would like to see them make the top layer a bit smoother.

Vacu Vin Pineapple Slicer
Vacu Vin Pineapple Slicer
Offered by MTN Enterprises
Price: $8.89
29 used & new from $0.46

3.0 out of 5 stars Gets the job done, December 11, 2009
Nice product that gets the job done. The top handle release buttons tend to release too easily when you start to pull the pineapple out. Probably could use a slight redesign.

JanSport Superbreak Colorblock Classics Series Daypack
JanSport Superbreak Colorblock Classics Series Daypack

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the quality I expected, December 11, 2009
Be careful to always check the backpack capacity when ordering online. 1550 cu inches is a medium capacity and may not function well for anyone past the 6th grade, but it's perfect for my 3rd grader.

On to the product. When I opened the box, my first impression of this item was not good at all. I'll break this down into the different parts of the backpack:

Material: The material is much thinner than I expected. I have my doubts on whether it will hold up over time.

Sturdiness: I also was unhappy that there was no type of support on/in the base of the bag. That and the flimsy material result in the bag constantly falling over unless it's packed full of books. It certainly won't stand on its own when empty either, unless stuffed full of tissues (like the impression the product page image gives).

Padding: The padding is another poor spot for me. The foam in the straps is pretty firm and I'm not sure if you wouldn't be just as good without it altogether. The padding on the back of the bag doesn't even run the width of the bag! If you look at the product images, the pad stops where the straps are (about 2" from the sides), so if you carry the pack over one shoulder you'll most likely have books poking you.

Construction/Design: The stitching and zipper on the bag are it's only redeeming qualities for me. The nylon zippers are pretty beefy and probably the same used on more expensive JanSport products. There are NO additional pockets other than the large one on the front. This definitely limits your ability to keep things organized.

Value: Poor. This isn't what I would expect from a JanSport product. I paid $28 for the purple bag for my son. There were a few other colors a little less expensive, but that's about the average price and as usual, Amazon had the best price. This replaced a 2 yr old Transformers backpack that frankly was better made and purchased at a discount brick and mortar for half the price. Whether or not it lasts as long remains to be seen. The only reason I've given it at least 2 stars is because it hasn't been tested yet. I will post an update after the bag has some miles on it.

Canon 0621B016 CLI-8 3 Pack C/M/Y Value Pack
Canon 0621B016 CLI-8 3 Pack C/M/Y Value Pack
Price: $32.34
79 used & new from $22.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Gives good quality prints, but a few quicks, December 1, 2008
I use these in a Canon IP5200. It creates great quality pictures, but does have a few limitations. Anyone thinking of buying an inkjet printer, should always check the price of the ink! A great deal on a printer can quickly turn into a money hole. It has been my experience that these cartridges, while less expensive than other brands, do not yield as many prints as advertised.

These cartridges also have the computer chip built into the tank, which I have had a few issues with. On more than one occasion, the printer stopped recognizing the cartridge and would constantly give errors that the cartridge was missing or empty. In both cases, I contacted Canon and they sent me out a replacement at no charge, so kudos to Canon for that.

Amazon is without a doubt the cheapest and easiest place to get these. Add the savings from the low commitment 'Subscribe and Save' program and no other retailer even comes close.

Canon CLI-8 4-Color Ink Tanks
Canon CLI-8 4-Color Ink Tanks
Price: $40.99
104 used & new from $25.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Great Amazon price, but have to buy WAY too often, January 19, 2008
I've been fairly happy with the quaility of these inks through my Pixima printer. But, I somehow let my normal a-retentive research slip and purchased this printer before finding out about the ink supply. Before purchasing a printer, always find out what ink it uses.
I bought this set up so I could print my own pictures from home. That is SUPPOSED to save you money from going to a photo shop. Add the cost of the ink & glossy photo paper and this printer/ink/paper combo can be over .10/picture higher that getting them professionally developed!
NOT COOL, Canon.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 30, 2008 2:34 PM PST

Gerber 22-47188 Paraframe and Mini Paraframe Lockback Knife Set
Gerber 22-47188 Paraframe and Mini Paraframe Lockback Knife Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Great on sale., January 19, 2008
Caught these knives on a Christmas sale. I, unlike others, haven't had a problem with keeping an edge on the smaller knife. After a good honing, I can split hairs. The larger knife blade isn't the best of steel, but it can work well as a general utility knife. If you can catch this one for, say, $10 off, you should get it.

Gerber 22-80012 Infinity Ultra Task LED Flashlight, Black
Gerber 22-80012 Infinity Ultra Task LED Flashlight, Black
Price: $17.51
33 used & new from $14.77

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice little light....for under $10, January 19, 2008
I've had this light for a month or so and it's proven to be a handy gadget. I do not find that it puts off a good amount of light for comparitively smaller lights that I own. I have a $15 led pen light that is much brighter and a bit clearer. I caught this on a bargain price for $10. I wouldn't pay much more that that. Sorry Gerber.

Page: 1 | 2