Profile for Beroe > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 5

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Beroe RSS Feed

Pacific seashores: A guide to intertidal ecology
Pacific seashores: A guide to intertidal ecology
by Thomas H. Carefoot
23 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best marine ecology books, April 29, 2014
I was first exposed to this book as a high-school student, I think, and it has remained one of my favorites. I wish someone would update it, because it contains the most clear ecological stories and anecdotes depicting life in the intertidal. This habitat where most marine biologists are introduced to marine invertebrates. Flipping through it I am reminded how much I love the way he shows a graph or diagram that perfectly illustrated an ecological principle like zonation, predation, or settling.

The Stubby Antenna for MINI Cooper
The Stubby Antenna for MINI Cooper
Offered by CravenSpeed Online
Price: $25.00
5 used & new from $25.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for AM radio, November 7, 2013
This review is from: The Stubby Antenna for MINI Cooper
I am thinking that maybe the disparity in reviews (some think it works great, and others say it gets poor reception) are differences in AM and FM reception? It worked fine for me with FM but my AM stations did not come in as well and even when they did come in, there seemed to be more baseline hiss and crackle. It does look nice though.
I ended up going by the dealer to get the standard whip antenna. It was listed at $36 or so, but for some reason the parts guy gave it to me for $25 -- much cheaper than I anticipated.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for us..., March 11, 2013
I got this battery as a replacement, but when it failed to hold a charge (at all) I thought the computer was defective. I should have returned it long ago, but because it was brand new, I thought that the computer itself was defective. Tried zapping PRAM, resetting the PMU, and the laptop still would die the moment it was unplugged.

Finally took the computer to the apple store to get it fixed and they said nothing was wrong with it. A new Apple replacement battery worked fine. Oh well, live and learn.

Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi floor cordless vacuum cleaner
Dyson DC35 Digital Slim Multi floor cordless vacuum cleaner
Offered by ITech80
Price: $273.99
21 used & new from $195.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So convenient, February 13, 2013
I was going to get a backpack vacuum but am glad I got this instead. Perfect for doing 2 or 3 rooms and stairs. We have hardwood floors and low pile rugs, so probably would not be as great for carpets, but is great for us.

Prevagen Apoaequorin, 30-Count Bottle
Prevagen Apoaequorin, 30-Count Bottle
Offered by BEST DEALS 2015
Price: $39.95
8 used & new from $39.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be deceived, February 24, 2009
I do scientific (not medical) research on the proteins which are contained in this supplement, and there is no reason that this product, a calcium-binding protein, will help you.

As they are legally required to say on their own web site: "This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease." Their "research" consists of cells in a culture dish and has no relation to human mental acuity. In the past, the creators have tried to mislead people into thinking that this is the jellyfish protein that won the Nobel Prize in 2008 (it's not). The lies do not end there: the "testimonials" on their site come from easily found stock photos (unless the same people are also fluent in French and also concerned about Italian osteopathy -- aah, the irony).

If you ingested EDTA or another calcium-binding chemical, it would be more effective at pulling calcium from your bloodstream than this protein. Proteins will not cross the blood-brain barrier, and they will largely be digested before leaving your system, releasing any calcium they might have bound. Even if this product *did* work to remove calcium, in the age groups that they are targeting, you should probably be taking calcium *supplements* and not trying to leach it out of your system. My grandfather died of complications from a broken hip, and he is not the only one.

Please do not be fooled.
Comment Comments (27) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 19, 2015 11:04 AM PST