Profile for Spyce > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 194

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Spyce RSS Feed

Offered by PlumStruck
Price: $120.98
14 used & new from $126.85

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, July 13, 2012
I purchased this to layout and cut patterns. The table is easy to assemble, and the directions are clear and easy to follow. The table legs sway some when working on the table but it's not so wobbly that it will topple over when I'm laying out and cutting patterns. The sway has to do with the design of the legs, so my husband put a set of plastic C clamps at the top to clamp the bars that swing out (ones with one wheel) to the H shaped bars (ones with two wheels), this provided maximum stability, but they have to be removed to fold the sides down. The table opens out nicely and the height is perfect for me, I'm 5'5". When the sides are folded, the table is small enough to tuck away neatly in the closet. If I had to leave it out, I would make a nice table cloth to drape over it when it's folded and tuck it in a corner.

The hobby table is a huge step up for me because I've used the floor as my cutting table for years. I normally cut out a pattern and finish the project before moving on to the next one because crawling on the floor pinning and cutting makes this part of sewing a knee and back breaking task that provides little incentive for me to cut out multiple projects. I also tend to put off starting a new one because I don't want to go through the ordeal of laying it out. With my new hobby table, I laid out and cut three patterns, one right after the other! No stress and no strain. I will get plenty of use out of this table, and I am happy to have found an affordable one to cut out my patterns.

There's not a whole lot to choose from for a large portable cutting table within this price range. I only saw one that was similar to this one, but the legs were different. I saw a wooden one that folds down at the sides, but it's not portable like this one, and it's well over $300 and out of my price range. Arrow Model 98602 Cutting Table With Free Pinnable Cutting Mat Included

Spider
Spider
Price: $0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, June 2, 2012
This review is from: Spider (App)
Really nice app for Kindle fire. I Love the option to choose orientation. Nice graphics and responsive. I am hooked and play daily. Recommended!

BambooMN Brand Premium Flat Style Bamboo BBQ Skewers, 8.3" - 100pc Bag
BambooMN Brand Premium Flat Style Bamboo BBQ Skewers, 8.3" - 100pc Bag
Offered by BambooMN
Price: $9.88
2 used & new from $9.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, May 21, 2012
These skewers are great. They are strong and sharp enough to pierce through tough salmon skin, and they hold the food in place so there's no spinning when the kabobs are turned on the grill. I have round bamboo and metal skewers but now prefer to use these for kabobs. I also like the length of these skewers (8.3"). They hold a fair amount of food, are easy to handle, fit on small grills, and they don't splinter. Good value compared to other brands that offer 16 - 25 skewers for about the same price as 100 of these!

Anne Klein Women's 109380BMTO Swarovski Crystal Gold-Tone and Tortoise Plastic Bracelet Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, May 17, 2012
I have gotten several compliments on this watch. The band gives it a sporty sassy look while the crystal accented bezel and mother of pearl dial dresses it up. A very nice design that pairs well with jeans or business casual attire.

The Pasta Revolution
The Pasta Revolution
by America's Test Kitchen
Price: $18.74
73 used & new from $2.58

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, May 17, 2012
This review is from: The Pasta Revolution (Paperback)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Pasta Revolution features easy to prepare recipes using dried pasta. There is a recipe for home made gnocchi, but that's it for fresh home made pasta. The book includes tips on cooking pasta, different types of equipment, various pasta shapes, general cooking tips, and product reviews. I thumbed through the entire book and have flagged and tried quite a few recipes. I'm currently working my way through the Lighter Option recipes. The nutritional information for these recipes are included in the Lighter Option Chapter. The Penne with Pancetta, White Beans, and Rosemary was very good, and I've made it a couple of times. The only exception being that I used beans that I cooked instead of the canned beans. An excellent recipe for a quick week night meal is the Pasta with Garlicky Tuscan Chicken. I cooked my chicken on the grill rather than pan fry it which makes the dish even lighter. One recipe that's become a favorite is the Penne with Fire-Roasted Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, it is so simple, but so good.

This book is a refreshing change over some of the CI cookbooks because they don't waste time criticizing other recipes. They just focus on why their recipes work. It's a terrific book for those not interested in learning to make pasta from scratch since surprisingly there isn't a section on fresh pasta. I make fresh pasta sometimes, but it's usually limited to strand types, so I use a lot a dried pasta shapes and find the book to be very useful and recommend it.

rooCASE Executive Portfolio (Black) Leather Case Cover with Landscape / Portrait View for Amazon Kindle Fire 7-Inch Android Tablet (NOT Compatible with Fire HD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle rooCase, March 9, 2012
I really like this portfolio for my Kindle Fire. It holds the Fire securely in place, and the flap and two credit card size slots are convenient for extra storage. I have 3 x 5 notepad in one and business cards in the other, and I keep a cleaning cloth tucked behind the flap, along with an additional battery for my phone (I use the wifi hotspot on my Android phone for tethering which drains the battery). The portfolio also has a pen slot for a stylus or a pen. I have both in mine. I take public transportation to and from work and like the security of being able to keep my Kindle anchored securely inside and holding the open portfolio with two hands instead of one since thieves on the train like to snatch and run away with hand held electronic devices. I've gotten several compliments from people who see it. Yes, I hold it even tighter :-)

The kickstand in the back lays flat and stays in place when not in use. I use the landscape position most, and the case doesn't fall over whenever I touch the device. At first I had trouble getting the portfolio to close, but the device has to be centered so the device isn't sitting in the way of the zipper. The zipper was a little stiff in the beginning, but after a few days of steady use, it operates smoothly. It's a heavy duty zipper with pulls that are made of metal and thick enough to get your fingers around.

I had to let the case air out for a day in the garage to remove the odor from the lubricant placed on the case before shipping. The lubrication before shipping process is explained in a comment by the company on one of the two star reviews. The odor of the lubricant goes away in a day or two so that shouldn't be a deal breaker.

I bought this to replace Kindle Fire Leather Case Cover by Marware, Black. The rooCase overall is a well made case that has a professional and classy look to it, and I like it better and recommend it over this one for price, quality, and versatility.

I wish they made a rooCase portfolio for my Acer Iconia Tab W500!

Westcott iPoint Evolution Electric Pencil Sharpener, Black
Westcott iPoint Evolution Electric Pencil Sharpener, Black
Price: $31.33
21 used & new from $8.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute and Expensive, January 30, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The iPoint is a cute compact unit that sharpens ok some of the time. On most of the pencils that I sharpened, the wood is longer on one side than the other, and the auto stop feature keeps the pencils from being as sharp as I like. It doesn't come close to the heavy duty pencil sharpener that I have at work, which leaves a nice long point, or even the little el cheapo manual sharpener that I picked up somewhere for home use (I use this to put an edge on the pencils sharpened with the iPoint). For the price, interested buyers are going to expect more than what they are going to get. I use pencils at my desk in the office and at home, and I like to have a supply of really sharp pencils at my disposal. The iPoint doesn't sharpen well enough for me.

Someone posted a photo of the sharpened pencils so take a look. Also if you get this, keep the directions as they indicate how to empty the sharpener.

Sister: A Novel
Sister: A Novel
by Rosamund Lupton
Price: $17.97
202 used & new from $0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Like, January 30, 2012
This review is from: Sister: A Novel (Hardcover)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Based on the description, I really thought this would be a book I would enjoy. It started out okay, but I found the constant and random dialogue with the sister distracting and annoying. I started and stopped reading it several times, each time hoping that it would get better. I may have found the book more enjoyable if each chapter started with dialogue to the sister that would tie in to the chapter. The book had a decent enough plot, but trying to stay connected to it with all the possible suspects and misleading clues, not to mention the long and drawn out dialogue, was a pain, and I breathed a sigh of relief when I finally got to the seemingly endless end. This was not a page turner for me, and I did not like it.

3M Natural View Screen Protector for Amazon Kindle Fire (will not fit HD or HDX models)

2.0 out of 5 stars Lint, Lint, Baby!, January 23, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The 3M protector isn't any better or worse than the rest of them out there. It will protect the screen, but trying to get it on without attracting lint is a feat that I have never accomplished with any of them. No matter how careful I am, there's always a long strip along the side that doesn't adhere and there's always a little dust speck hiding somewhere on the device. Even though the bubbles are not noticeable when the device is on, I hate the way it looks when the screen is black. One day, someone will create one that doesn't attract lint like a magnet, and until that day, I'll go without.

I didn't detect any noticeable difference in the responsiveness of the device, so the protector is good in that regard.

Lose It!
Lose It!
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great App!, November 27, 2011
This review is from: Lose It! (App)
Great little app for keeping track of calories, weight, and exercise. It also provides account holders with daily and weekly reports that can be received via email. The companion website is an added bonus and has enough member support to provide a variety of requested product enhancements, so the things that are missing now, like a tracker for water consumption and body measurements may be available in the future since they are highly requested items. I am a former WW member and wanted an app to continue to track food consumption and exercise. Recipes can also be created with the app, but for some reason only ingredients can be listed. The food database is updated frequently and has thousands of food items and users can add items that are not listed. This actually works better and is more reliable than the app of a billion dollar corporation. The app works very well on my android phone and the Kindle Fire. I really like using it on the Fire!

Great little free app!!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2012 8:26 PM PDT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20