Profile for A. Marshall > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 9

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

A. Marshall RSS Feed (Asheville, NC USA)

Bass Women's Enfield Oxford,Taupe,7.5 M US
Bass Women's Enfield Oxford,Taupe,7.5 M US

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes, great price!, May 6, 2014
I've been wanting a pair of Bass Enfield Oxfords for a while, so when these went on sale I snapped them up. I wear a 7 1/2 or 8 and the 7 1/2 fits perfectly. They're comfortable and cushiony and look great. The toe box is kind of stiff and took a few days to break in, iit other than that, no complains. I'm hoping to be able to wear them a few more times this spring before it's too hot out for Oxfords, but definitely looking forward to having them in the fall.

Womens Brooks Ghost 6 Running Shoe Sunny Lime/Silver/Green Glow Size 8
Womens Brooks Ghost 6 Running Shoe Sunny Lime/Silver/Green Glow Size 8

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, February 5, 2014
I've been a long-term fan of the Brooks Ghost series. And, while I think it's ridiculous that running shoe companies change up their styles every year (why not just stick to a good thing?), versions 3, 4 and 5 all worked fine for my fit needs and running style. The Ghost 6 is similar to its predecessors, but it has a narrower toe box. Major problem. I tried them on and almost burst into tears. Why Brooks, WHY?!? But even though I dread the process of finding a new go-to shoe, I'm not willing to risk bunions, corns and worse, so these will be sent back. If you're looking for a wide toe box, don't even bother with these.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 3, 2014 6:00 AM PDT

Clarks Women's Whistle Ballad Boot,Black Leather,7.5 W US
Clarks Women's Whistle Ballad Boot,Black Leather,7.5 W US

2.0 out of 5 stars Great look, weird fit, January 13, 2014
I love the look and style of these boots, but the fit is weird. And I've never had a problem with Clarks! When I first ordered them, I was sent a 7 instead of a 7.5 (my normal size). I'm still not sure if this was my error or Amazon's, but needless to say, the boots were too small and Amazon quickly replaced them. Next I tried the 7.5, but they were still kind of snug across the toe box. I wanted to be able to wear them with a warm sock for winter, so I ordered the 7.5 wide width. Those fit like clown shoes. They're not just wider but longer. I could probably wear three wool socks with them. So I guess I'm giving up... too bad, because they really are great boots.

Blundstone 63 Slip On Boot,Black,AU 5 M (US Men's 6 M)
Blundstone 63 Slip On Boot,Black,AU 5 M (US Men's 6 M)
Price: $108.97
4 used & new from $108.97

1.0 out of 5 stars The sizing is way off, December 12, 2013
I tried these in an AU 4.5 (supposedly a women's 7-7.5) and in an AU 5 (a women's 7.5-8). I am a 7.5 — in the smaller boot my toes were right up against the end. The half size up, however, felt more like a women's 8.5 — way too much room, even with a heavy sock. I'm disappointed, because I love both the ruggedness and the styling of the Blundstone, but there's no way this brand is going to work for me.

Fujifilm FinePix S1500 10MP Digital Camera with 12x Wide Angle Dual Image Stabilized Optical Zoom (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Offered by 6ave
Price: $292.19
9 used & new from $44.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this camera!, January 21, 2010
I'd been using a point and shoot Nikon CoolPix for years and was never really happy with the camera. I was looking for an upgrade, and this FujiFilm FinePix S1500 camera was on sale for a great price. I use a camera often in my work -- photographing bands and street fashion -- but I am not a professional photographer so I was not ready for a digital SLR. It's also important to me to have a camera I can easily carry in my purse, and I don't want to deal with switching lenses.

What I was looking for was:
* improved picture quality from the CoolPix
* flash for night/low light shots
* portability
* ease of use

I am completely satisfied with all these aspects in regard to the Fuji FinePix. It's a larger camera body than I had before, but it's still portable. It's large enough to have a more professional look and actually mimics a digital SLR in body type. The camera has decent zoom and an optional flash. It can also take video, though I've not yet tried that feature. It requires 4 batteries, but they seem to last forever. I've taken a couple hundred pictures on one set of batteries so far. The flash works well in low light, though for photographing bands I kind of like the color-rich but slightly blurred effect of going without flash. Other photographers might not agree. At times, daylight pics seem a little washed out (a problem I've noticed in other cameras such digital has gone to more than 5 MP) but this can be edited a bit and probably changing the setting would help, too. As far as the ease of use, I was able to load the batteries, turn the camera on and start using it right away with no problems. It's very user friendly.

While this camera probably wouldn't do for a professional photographer, it's great for an amateur and really you can't beat this bargain.

The Lucky Guide to Mastering Any Style: How to Wear Iconic Looks and Make Them Your Own
by Kim France
Price: $23.01
188 used & new from $0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun fashion and style book, January 30, 2009
I was really excited about this book when it first came out. I'm a long-time reader of Lucky Magazine and kind of feel like the authors of this book, Kim France and Andrea Linnett, are old friends (they both work for Lucky Magazine). The book does not disappoint -- it's a great modern take on iconic style with real-life guides. My only complaints are that the clothes shown aren't attributed (ie: there's a pair of sandals I love and would try to find them on ebay, but the book doesn't name the manufacturer), and there are several pages of shopping deals in the back that expired just a few months after the book went into print. Kind of lame if you're buying it second hand, but not a deal breaker.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great leggings, excellent price, January 30, 2009
These leggings are super-comfy and have a relatively low waist (hard to find). They work well as tights, long-johns, workout pants or just on their own with a tunic. I bought them in black, but will probably order more colors. This seller had the best price and lowest shipping cost -- I shopped around. I received them quickly. Smooth transaction.

Belkin Armband Case for iPod nano 1G, 2G (Black)
Belkin Armband Case for iPod nano 1G, 2G (Black)
2 used & new from $19.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Works, but nothing special, October 10, 2007
I got this for jogging and it gets the job done, but I won't buy another of the same brand. My main complaint is that it doesn't adjust tight enough for a small woman's arm. I have it as tight as the velcro will allow and it still slips off my bicep. Also, the rubbery part that holds the iPod leaves gooey streaks on my arm if I wear it with sunscreen. Pretty gross.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bargain!, October 10, 2007
You can't beat these paddles for the price. They can be adjusted to different angles and the padded grips are very comfortable. I don't feel like I'm getting blisters when I paddle. The scooped shape is nice, though they do seem to sling water back into the boat. No real complaints though -- I like these as well as or better than any other paddles I've used.