Profile for Rebecca of Amazon > Reviews

Top Reviewer Ranking: 159

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rebecca of Amazon "The Rebecca Review" RSS Feed (The World of Amazon)
(COMMUNITY FORUM 04)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30
Next Dream by Yoed Nir [Music CD]
Next Dream by Yoed Nir [Music CD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Landscapes of Sound, April 20, 2015
1 - The Next Dream is a very intriguing album. It has a eerie beginning that feels like the music is haunting you. Then it turns into very unique melodies and makes you feel like you are falling in love. It has a eclectic jazzy appeal and you will want to turn up the volume and be totally absorbed into the song. I found this to be a very ecstatic escape. With AKG headphones this music sounds like an ethereal dream. Sonya Kitchell's voice gives me shivers and the romantic lyrics seem born of reading the Song of Solomon. Surely that must be the inspiration.

2 - The music then progresses into sheer cello ecstasy. Only a musical genius could create music this magical. To say Yoed Nir is brilliant is an understatement. He creates entire worlds with his cello. He is intensely passionate and is a true master of his craft.

3 - "Time is Up" has an edgy psychedelic sound. There is a sense of freedom mingling with chaos and angelic voices. The deep sexy rhythms make your heart beat faster. Don't be surprised if this leaves you breathless with wonder.

4 - "No Chance Survival" is actually very hopeful and takes you through a romantic desert. You can see exotic landscapes flash by as you travel overhead in your imagination. There is something primal about this piece and it is very intoxicating.

5 - "To the Unknown" - Kishi Bashi sings and plays an electric violin. It is a more subtle piece of music with a driving force of the cello leading the way. It makes you feel happy and carefree in a dangerous way. As if you are being seduced away from safety. Four minutes into the music things change completely and bubbles of sound rise from a deep ocean.

6 - "My Last Breath" - With this music I can see an underwater modern dance. The symphony of delicate voices carry this musical journey over a waterfall and into a world where a lone drummer keeps time in an ancient forest. There is the sound of birds calling to each other.

7 - "It's a New Beginning" is a fantasy of sounds that awaken your consciousness then it turns mellow and moody. The cello weeps and the energy pulses and vibrates your soul with subtle exquisite harmonies. you won't want this music to end as it is totally entrancing and romantic.

8 - "Burned with Desire" - A beautiful cacophony of voices puts you in a trance.

9 - "Traveling Through the Dark" - I like being in a state of emotional ecstasy and this music takes me there.

By the end of this CD you will be high, completely seduced by sound. I felt compelled to repeat the experience immediately. What a joy it must be to create a musical journey this passionate and profoundly beautiful. This music however demands your full attention. This is the most beautiful album I've experienced this year. Also, I see a woman twirling a lot while listening to this music. Maybe she is Yoed Nir's muse. :)

~The Rebecca Review

I received a free copy of this CD for review. This review is my honest opinion.

Mistakes Authors Make: Essential Steps for Achieving Success as an Author
Mistakes Authors Make: Essential Steps for Achieving Success as an Author
by Rick Frishman
Price: $15.45
26 used & new from $10.34

5.0 out of 5 stars How To Be a Successful Author - Great Tips and Advice from the Experts, April 18, 2015
Rick Frishman, Bret Ridgway and Bryan Hane are obviously experts in their field. Together they have seamlessly created a book for authors who want to be super successful. If you want to be a serious author I could not recommend this book more. It made me seriously consider some things like why it is a good idea to have paperback copies as well as a kindle version.

As an author I could relate to everything discussed. I feel this book will be especially helpful for new authors who are trying to figure out if they should have books printed or go the print-on-demand route. I thought the advice was spot on. Who wants a garage filled with books? With print-on-demand you can still get a few paperback copies to savor as a new author but you won't have to worry about shipping out your own books.

The authors of this book think that everyone has a book in them and they are willing to explain all the things you should do right. You will learn about marketing avatars, time management, networking and much more. You will also know the difference between self-publishing and vanity publishing.

What I liked about this book is how it gave me ideas on how I could reach a wider audience. Some ideas will also help you save money.

Some of the questions this book answers include:

What color pen should I use at a book signing?
Do I need a literary agent?
What should I consider when signing a contract with a publisher?
Should I only publish an ebook or gives readers the option of a paperback book too?
How can my book stand out amongst the crowd?

The authors mention that 3 million books are produced each year. That means you really need a book like this to help you navigate being an author. This book shows you how your book could open doors you haven't even yet imagined. Being a published author really helps get media attention!

By buying this book you will not only greatly help yourself but you will also be helping habitat for humanity. It is always good to know a publisher is giving back to the world.

~The Rebecca Review

Negative Thinking 101: Positive Thinking Wins!: Find Your Happy, Negative Self Talk, The Power Of Positive Thinking, Positive Self Talk, Positive Mind Positive Life, Negative Thinking Job
Price: $3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Be Healthier and Happier, April 16, 2015
"Negativity is very damaging to you physically, mentally, emotionally and socially." ~ Cathy Wilson

Optimistic people are often healthier than pessimists. This book shows you how to deal with negative thoughts so you can turn them into positive thoughts. With a little training this can be done.

I liked that this book talks about innovative, critical and intuitive thinking. It is helpful to look at things from all angles and to gain perspective. Cathy Wilson also discusses mind over matter and the "nocebo effect" which is quite interesting.

I also like that she talks about how negativity could damage your immune system. Overall I felt this book had good advice. Seeking out positive people is the way to go.

So read this book to be healthier and happier.

~The Rebecca Review

Mongooses! Learn About Mongooses and Enjoy Colorful Pictures - Look and Learn! (50+ Photos of Mongooses)

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and Entertaining, April 16, 2015
If you ever read Rikki-Tikki-Tavi about a mongoose that saves a family from a cobra then this book might interest you. Mongooses really have beautiful eyes and they are quite interesting. This book tells how they fight snakes and even shows pictures. I didn't know they were almost immune to snake poison so I learned something new. So lots of pictures and entertaining facts.

~The Rebecca Review

How To Make $100/Day Using Twitter: Simple Step By Step Methods People Use Everyday To Profit On Twitter

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Ideas, April 16, 2015
To make money on twitter it seems you need excellent marketing skills. This book explains how to make money without annoying people on twitter. I liked the ideas for what types of tweets to send out. Like you can send a funny tweet, photos, videos, quotes or advice. The goal is to be interesting and to now and then send out a tweet that makes you money. This book also discusses some affiliate programs.

~The Rebecca Review

Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Hydrating Conditioner 12 fl oz (Product Size May Vary)
Price: $3.31
35 used & new from $1.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Adds Shine and Increases Volume, April 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The first time I tried this I didn't think it did much more than increase the volume of my hair. I almost decided not to use it again but thought I should give this a second chance. It figures my first attempt was operation error. You need to leave this in your hair longer than other conditioners. Also I ended up figuring out you also need to use twice as much. So eventually I figured out the quantity and the timing which led to better results. So this does increase shine and volume.

skyn ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Face Gels, 8 Count
skyn ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Face Gels, 8 Count
Offered by The Beauty Box
Price: $34.00
9 used & new from $34.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Noticeably Relaxed, April 15, 2015
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I tried these firming face gels on my forehead and I will say it did make my skin look noticeably relaxed. It did not erase deep lines but did seem to work on fine vertical lines. So yes there was an improvement and I'd say these are worth getting if you are having a fun night out and want to look younger for a few hours. They do not however seem to have dramatic results, just minor improvements.

THE MIRACULOUS CURE FOR INFINITE AILMENTS: Oil Pulling - Secrets Unveiled
THE MIRACULOUS CURE FOR INFINITE AILMENTS: Oil Pulling - Secrets Unveiled

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Optimistic, April 14, 2015
I've read a few books on oil pulling and this one seems the most optimistic. I know from doing oil pulling myself that it does produce whiter teeth, improved gum health, less tooth pain and seems to clear the sinuses.

I oil pull at night after brushing my teeth. This book says to do it first thing in the morning so the advice in this book is more traditional. Also I've found that five minutes is enough for me. This book states that the benefits can be achieved by oil pulling for twenty minutes.

Also don't spit coconut oil out into a drain, it solidifies. Spit into a trash can that is lined with a plastic bag. This book mostly talks about sunflower oil but you can use sesame oil or coconut oil. Sri R also explains the connection between oral health and total body health.

So try oil pulling if you think it will benefit you in some way but still go to the dentist if you have a cavity. Also please don't go off your medication without your doctor's approval. Please consult with your doctor before trying any new therapy. This review is for information purposes only and should not be considered medical advice.

~The Rebecca Review

Sugar Free: 9 Life Changing Reasons To Follow A Sugar Free Diet: The Healthy Lifestyle Guide To Sugar Free Diets (Detox, Sugar Free, Sugar Free Diet, Diabetes ... Weight Loss Tips, Sugar Free Recipes,)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dangers of Sugar Addiction, April 14, 2015
Eating sugar should be a treat but all too often it becomes an addiction. This book explains sugar's role in liver damage, insulin resistance, diabetes, cancer, fertility issues and premature aging of the skin.

Emily Hoskins gives tips on how to overcome the addiction to sugar. She explains which sugars are healthy and how refined sugar is the baddie. I learned a few things while reading this book like I didn't know eating five cookies could make you gain a pound. Yikes. If you ate a cookie every night after dinner you'd sure gain weight quickly.

This book also explains the real reason you get cavities after eating sugar. Actually there are two reasons, one I hadn't heard of. You will also want to read about how sugar aids the growth of cancer cells. So overall this book is short and to the point but very informative.

One thing I've done to cut out most sugar in my diet is to drink Zevia All Natural Soda, Ginger Ale - they have many delicious flavors and the drinks are sweetened with stevia. Atkins also has bars that are like candy bars but are guilt free.

So you can avoid most sugar in your life but if you are like me you still enjoy an occasional donut. Reading books like this do help to avoid sugar most of the time. I also use stevia to sweeten tea and coffee. To me it tastes just like sugar.

Welcome Home: My First Six Months Living in Israel
Welcome Home: My First Six Months Living in Israel
by Akiva Teddy MacLeod
Price: $8.99
3 used & new from $8.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Enjoyable Memoir - Blog/Facebook Style, April 13, 2015
If you love reading blogs about people's lives or enjoy Facebook posts then this book will interest you. "Welcome Home" is Akiva Teddy MacLeod's brief memoir about living in Israel after moving from Toronto, Canada. This is the story of life in Kiryat Yam, a suburb in Northern Israel by the Mediterranean sea. Yes there are lots of stories of swimming and it sounds a bit dangerous but that makes this story all the more adventurous.

What I loved most about this book is the descriptions of all the delicious foods the family encounters. I started to long for halva, chocolate cinnamon sweet buns and pastries. I also want to try falafel. The limonanas drinks also sounded delicious. Who knew there were kosher Cinnabons?

This book is also occasionally very funny. I laughed out loud twice and was very amused at other times. It was interesting to learn about other customs and how important community is to people in Israel. I felt this book was very positive and upbeat and the author really seems to be excited about his new life with his wife and kids. I felt he was very sensitive to his kids needs and he seems like a great dad.

I hope Akiva will write a second book to let us all know what happens next. Both he and his wife did not have jobs by the end of this book so that left me wondering how they would survive.

~The Rebecca Review

I received one free book in exchange for a review. This review is my honest opinion.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-30