Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro
Profile for Rebecca of Amazon > Reviews

Browse

Rebecca of Amazon's Profile

Customer Reviews: 6638
Top Reviewer Ranking: 285

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Rebecca of Amazon "The Rebecca Review" RSS Feed (The World of Amazon)
(COMMUNITY FORUM 04)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Kathy Smith Peel Off The Pound
Kathy Smith Peel Off The Pound
DVD ~ Kathy Smith
Offered by Outlet Promotions
Price: $7.76
48 used & new from $0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Total Body Dance Inspired Workout, June 26, 2016
Kathy Smith's "Peel off the Pounds Pilates," is one of the best Kathy Smith workouts I've ever tried. It has a jazzy soundtrack and the moves seem inspired by modern dance. The Warm Up is five minutes and includes shoulder rolls and leg stretches. Next up is the Cardio Workout which is quite challenging for a beginner as it has a lot of footwork to learn. So don't be surprised if it takes you a while to learn the steps. It is high energy. You will perhaps recognize things like the V-step. I felt this section was very well choreographed and fun to follow.

Next is the Upper Body workout with weights. This is a ten minute routine in which you will do push ups and blank. There are some advanced balance challenges while on all fours. Think lifting an opposite arm and leg and balancing.

The Lower Body workout is ten minutes with a traditional pilates floor format. I recognized single leg stretch and leg circles. There are very few modifications in this workout and there are some advanced exercises for a challenge.

The Cool Down is only five minutes and mostly consists of stretches for the legs. Not enough time is spent on stretching for the core and arms. I would have liked this segment to have been ten minutes. I was ready to really stretch out. But I suppose they were trying to keep this to 60 minutes total. So maybe just do some of your own stretches as the credits roll.

Overall I felt this mostly in my core, like it was tightening and toning. I have a feeling I'm going to be sore tomorrow! I really enjoyed this and felt I did get a full body workout.

~The Rebecca Review

The Eternal Purpose (God's Master Plan For The Ages)
The Eternal Purpose (God's Master Plan For The Ages)

4.0 out of 5 stars An Eternal Perspective, June 26, 2016
In "The Eternal Purpose," Keith Dorricott emphasizes that God is in control and that everything is working out according to a master plan for humanity. This book helps you understand the whole of human history and I found it useful to organize your thoughts on the future. We are apparently in the "Age of Grace" which will end when Christ returns. I felt this book was easy to understand even for new Christians. It gives an eternal perspective and the author is quite insightful.

How To Love Your To Do List: A Simple Guide To Stress-Free Productivity
How To Love Your To Do List: A Simple Guide To Stress-Free Productivity

4.0 out of 5 stars Organize Your Life Quickly and Easily, June 26, 2016
Do you feel stressed out because you never seem able to get everything on your "To Do" list done? Sam Uyama has written this book for those who use smartphones or their computers to organize themselves. His goal is to encourage you to have stress-free productivity. Mostly this book talks about organizing your life in ways that make staying on track almost effortless.

~The Rebecca Review

I received one free copy of this book for review purposes.

Kathy Smith: Matrix Method - Power Walk for Weight Loss
Kathy Smith: Matrix Method - Power Walk for Weight Loss
DVD ~ Kathy Smith
18 used & new from $2.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Three Workouts and a Stretching Segment, June 23, 2016
This DVD workout is a little bit out of the ordinary. It has the personality of a cowgirl and the music of a electronica DJ. I will say Kathy Smith looks pretty darn cute in a cowboy hat. This workout is very active and will make you sweat and maybe even get a little out of breath. Keep a bottle of water nearby.

Now as far as creativity goes this is off the charts. I mean scenes change with rapid frequency so you are never bored. Some of the sets look a little small for five people. Now and then the people exercising are not fully seen as they are behind a set piece. It looks like part of this was filmed outside and part in a studio. But it is all made to look like it is outdoors in the desert.

This has four main segments which can be done all together although I don't suggest you do it that way. Maybe take one day and do the 29 minute workout, do the 13 minute walking workout another day and do core exercises on a separate day too. I say this because some of the moves are repeated in each workout. You may however want to do the stretching exercises each time you workout.

What I liked was that the music is by Daveed. I thought: "Wait I've heard this music before someplace." The music is not overbearing like most dance music. It is very motivating but not irritating at all.

I'd suggest you rent this before you buy it as it is the most unique workout I've ever tried. Would I do it again? Sure Kathy is the cutest and I have yet to do a workout by her that I didn't at least like. She infuses this workout with her super fun personality.

~The Rebecca Review

100% ORGANIC Teak Naturals Jojoba Oil - 4 oz - Pure Cold Pressed Unrefined Natural - Made In The USA
Offered by Teak Naturals
Price: $29.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Well As A Massage Oil, June 23, 2016
If you are looking for the perfect Jojoba oil this one is sure to impress. It is pure and natural and works very well as a massage oil. The dropper makes application a breeze.

I tested this out on my husband as a massage oil and he was very happy to lay on the bed while I massaged his back, shoulders and feet.

I have also used this oil as an addition to regular lotion. You just put some lotion in your hand and add in a few drops of jojoba oil and rub onto skin as normal. It adds an extra layer of protection to your skin when it is dry out.

I'm happy with this oil as it makes a great massage oil. You could also use this when making your own beauty products.

~The Rebecca Review

I received one free bottle for review purposes.

I Saw the Spiritual World
I Saw the Spiritual World

4.0 out of 5 stars A Near-Death Experience of the Lake of Fire, June 20, 2016
G. Godkin survived a real fire in his house and it is a miracle he was still alive by the time he made it to the hospital. While laying in bed at the hospital he has a sort of near-death experience where he ends up spiritually going to the lake of fire.

Now this is very unique as far as near-death experiences go. I always hear of people going to hell, but never to the lake of fire. So for those who want to know more about this issue in particular this is a good book to read on the subject. G. Godkin describes how dark it is and how it is like molten lava.

I think when G. Godkin says he has a spiritual body he means "soul."

This book does not extensively describe heaven, it mostly focuses on hellish experiences. If you are an expert on near-death experiences or have read most of the main books, this would also be good to read to provide some perspective on eternal destinations where you don't want to go. It is better to know your options than to end up in the wrong place!

For information on how to go to heaven please read: done.: What most religions don't tell you about the Bible

~The Rebecca Review

Can I Trust the Bible? (Crucial Questions Series Book 2)
Can I Trust the Bible? (Crucial Questions Series Book 2)
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars The Logic Behind Inerrancy, June 20, 2016
"...we can trust the Bible because we can trust God." ~ R.C. Sproul

The International Council on Biblical Inerrancy was a California based organization. In October 1978 the council held a meeting in Chicago and issued nineteen articles and denials. What this book does is present the information and then explain it in more detail. The basic idea I got from this book was that the Bible can't have errors AND be inspired. Dr. Sproul has written some good commentary and explains why Christians can trust the Bible as a truthful guide to life.

This book is however not a book about the history of how the Bible was written or compiled. It mainly just addresses the meeting and the articles and denials. So if you are looking for something more detailed this might not be what you are looking for. I however found it interesting just for what it is. I always enjoy reading Dr. Sproul's thoughts on spiritual matters. He is one of my favorite authors.

You might also enjoy: Essential Truths of the Christian Faith

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Bath, 8 Count
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Bath, 8 Count
Offered by SILVER HILL
Price: $14.95
15 used & new from $14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Your Bathtub/Shower Floors, June 19, 2016
If you've tried scrubbing your bathtub with soft scrub with bleach and it still looks grimy this is a handy tool to use and it takes only minutes to see amazing results. Think of each magic eraser sponge as a one-time deal. You simply wet the sponge, squeeze it and use a little elbow grease to scrub away for a few minutes. Amazingly things clean up to the point where your bathroom sparkles.

Now I did not find this worked very well on hard water stains. It mostly seems to work on grime that has built up. It also doesn't seem to have a very strong scent.

I tried this two ways, once after cleaning my shower and one straight without cleaning the shower. The time it worked best was after I'd used Scrubbing Bubbles Mega Shower Foamer first. I think that loosened up the dirt a little. But make sure to rinse totally between cleanings. Like if you use the Scrubbing Bubbles, rinse well before trying the bath scrubber.

Now the picture shows this sponge releasing a "foaming" cleaner. I did not notice that. Maybe I wet the sponge too much. Either way, whatever is in this dissolves grime well.

~The Rebecca Review

I bought this once and will buy it again.

Scrubbing Bubbles Mega Shower Foamer Aerosol, 20 Ounce
Scrubbing Bubbles Mega Shower Foamer Aerosol, 20 Ounce
Offered by BIC Warehouse
Price: $10.70
22 used & new from $4.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep Cleaning, June 19, 2016
If you want to battle soap scum and grime this is a great product to use once in a while. Normally I use a more natural antibacterial shower cleaner but I have yet to find a natural cleaner that tackles soap scum like this product does. This was actually the first day I found this at the store and tried it on my shower and can I say, I'm impressed. One can is however about empty once you've sprayed an entire bathtub/shower.

What I found great about this was how the foam went straight to the shower walls and did not float around in the air for me to breathe. I felt the fragrance in this was very, very mild. Once the shower was clean all I could smell was a delicious fresh scent of baby powder. My whole bathroom just smelled really, really clean and that was lovely.

How I used this? First I sprayed down the entire shower and tub and used a scrub brush to really work this cleaner into a frenzy. Next I simply rinsed the entire shower/tub and I was done.

Now the only thing I'd recommend in addition to this if your shower is especially grimy is a Mr. Clean magic Eraser Bath scrubber. I rinsed away the bubbles from the mega shower foamer first then used the scrubber on the tub floor. Then my bathtub/shower was totally clean and shiny.

Oh and one other thing, unlike how scrubbing bubbles used to streak things 20 years ago I found this product clung to the shower walls perfectly and there was no streaking. Yay. :)

~The Rebecca Review

I bought this myself and would buy it again for occasional cleaning - maybe four times a year. It does work better than vinegar and baking soda.

The Pursuit of God
The Pursuit of God
Price: $0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Deep Thoughts about The Creator, June 19, 2016
"The Pursuit of God" seems to be A. W. Tozer's attempt to rectify a situation he felt was getting out of hand. That people were going through the motions in Christianity without really having a heart for God.

Some of the chapter titles in this book like "The Universal Presence" may make the modern reader think they are reading something New Age but that is not at all the case. I had confidence that this was going to be inspirational.

This turns out to be a book written by a famous pastor in Chicago back in the 40s. It is written for devout Christians or anyone who is aspiring to be one. It is written in an intellectual way which is a joy to read. It was refreshing to read a book which encourages the reader to have a more personal relationship with God instead of just wanting something from God, like prosperity gospel preaches. After all, how would you like it if your friends only talked to you to ask you for things? God is a person who knows when you love him or not.

This book teaches that the real treasures are eternal. A. W. Tozer presents principles you can put into practice and ends each chapter with a meaningful prayer that is sure to open your heart to spiritual possibilities.

The soul that is in love with God will really adore this book. If you want to love and obey God and become more humble, this book has lots to offer. I also like that this book talks about how God is still talking to us, he didn't stop talking when the Bible was compiled and finished.

The only thing I found a bit strange about this book was the negative attitude towards celebrating holy days. Perhaps the author is trying to say that all days can be holy. That is fine, but celebrating can bring you into a deeper experience. Enjoying certain foods, saying certain prayers, going to special services...this does not detract from life, but enhances it.

What I learned mostly from this book was how we can make every simple good deed in life a priestly ministration. As long as we are doing everything for the glory of God, even cleaning the shower can become meaningful and not just something you have to endure.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20