Profile for Kara Lee Lovell > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 24

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kara Lee Lovell RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Enticed (The Fullerton Family Saga Book 1)
Enticed (The Fullerton Family Saga Book 1)
Price: $0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Ms. Voight not totally without merit., January 1, 2015
Didn't finish. As in the first two in the series. Slow, predictable, poor dialogue progressions...too much oh no she didn't say that? Yes, she did. You're kidding. No I'm not. Blah blah blah type of dialogue. Cut, edit, delete. You don't need to have every single boring back and forth conversions people might have. Make it snappy, only include what's important. This was just too distracting. I just couldn't read it anymore. It was literally painful.
I never write these kinds if reviews but I'm hoping the honest feedback will improve future projects for Ms. Voight.

Entangled (The Fullerton Family Saga Book 2)
Entangled (The Fullerton Family Saga Book 2)
Price: $2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars practice doesn't always make perfect, January 1, 2015
See 1st in series review. Nothing has changed. I was hoping practice would improve series but alas no.

Promise Me (Trust Series Book 3)
Promise Me (Trust Series Book 3)

2.0 out of 5 stars okay...a little slow...boring dialogue, January 1, 2015
I didn't find anything amazing or really memorable about this series. I didn't finish the last book. It seemed it's been done before and done better. To long to say what was said. Stilted dialogue. Too much back and forth that could have been cut out. Totally unnecessary and very distracting. Some of the dialogue may be how people talk in real life but this is a novel and you need to cut unnecessary parts of conversations and scenes. If they are not adding to the forward progression they are detracting. I found do much of this and the ending was do predictable and just pretty much a let down. I read the 2nd in the series and practice didn't improve the story. I gave up on the 3rd in the series and went on to other books that weren't so predictable, had snappy dialogue, and unfortunately just held my interest.
I hate to give these types of reviews because I know how hard it is to write a novel being an author myself and an edit addict. But I think this book need a more honest group of beta readers or something to catch the boring slow dialogue that would have helped. Sorry but this is my honest opinion.

Blood Deep (Blackthorn Book 4)
Blood Deep (Blackthorn Book 4)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm in blood deep-- to the marrow of my bones., December 22, 2014
When I picked up the first Blackthorn book I was interested. I hadn't read a good paranormal in a while. I'd been read contemporary feel in I'd run out of what I considered excellent paranormal novels or series. I demand a certain level in all the books I read, including paranormal. A good storyline - check. A world creation I can understand and follow but which is different - check. Bold characters; even flawed - check. Suspense or an ending I can't guess; hard on an author since I also write and even my ex-husband used to complain because I would guess the ending of shows and movies. He began to tell me, "Just keep it to yourself" Anyway double check. And possibly the hardest of all since there are a lot of good books out there, and I still read them, but they lack the depth the feeling aspect. Those books that make you feel them deep in your heart and gut. Those books you will re-read just to feel that again - 1,000th check.
Excellent job Lindsay!!!! Wonderful book to an already awe inspiring series.
These four books have taken me on a journey that's been fraught with danger, intrigue, flawed and glorious heroes, and a depth--a deep well of feeling that never runs dry.
The characters in the book made you want to cry and in the next breath cheer for them. They were so real.
I waited what was only about a month or so for "Blood Deep" to come out by the time I discovered the Blackthorn series and world and it was still too long.
I have a couple of questions for Lindsay before I have to run so I can read the four I have of the series again. When is the next in the series out?? Can I preorder it so I get it as soon as released? This is burning in my mind... Seriously read these books. If you are a paranormal junkie or you just love books that make you feel this series is for you!

Amazon Gift Card - Email - Happy Boss's Day
Amazon Gift Card - Email - Happy Boss's Day
Price: $50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 17, 2014
It was perfect!

Blood Torn (Blackthorn Book 3)
Blood Torn (Blackthorn Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood Torn—The Lycans—yum!, September 11, 2014
Just when I think she can’t get any better she does it again. She doesn’t quit. The twists and turns keep on coming.

This part of the series punched me in the gut. I thought it had the most angst of her series so far. In some places it totally ripped my heart out and felt myself shedding tears. The book has to be good to do that to me. (I’m a tough guy…not really! But it was awesome! I love angst!)

I think one of my favorite lines in the book is the “Vampires might bite, honey, but lycans tear.” Gave me shivers.

I really felt for Jask—it kind of surprised me after ‘Blood Shadows.’ I didn’t expect to like him after the ending of that book. But wow, did Pryor change my mind! She seems to have a way of doing that.

Discovering that Blood Deep, coming out soon might not be the end??? I’m so excited! I can’t wait. Whatever she decided to do I’m definitely on board!

--Kara Lee Lovell, author of Demons of Granite Rock

Blood Roses (Blackthorn Book 2)
Blood Roses (Blackthorn Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood Roses—10+++, September 11, 2014
I thought ‘Blood Shadows’ was great and it was don’t get me wrong. But I also loved ‘Blood Roses’!
Pryor’s Blackthorn series is a delectable blend of romance and Paranormal lore’s that twist and turn and keep you guessing. Just when you think it’s decided and everything is going to work out…Bam! Didn’t see that coming!

I loved the interaction between Leila and Caleb—the intensity and longing of their attraction to one another and on the other side wanting to do what they feel is right for their people.
I don’t want to have any spoilers—I hate that in book reviews—but let’s just say that Caleb was one stubborn, tough vampire! I loved him and wanted to strangle him at the same time. But therein is the rub and the thing that keep the interest and to story progressing and me reading until 6:00 a.m.
I finished this book in two days and then when I finished Blood Torn, I began again.

This series is for any PNR junkie. It’s a favorite of mine and will be one of those that I read again and again. It gave me chills and that—to me—is always a great thing!!!
Can wait for Blood Deep! Lindsay keep ‘em coming… you have a fan…and I’m not the only one!!!

--Kara Lee Lovell, author of Demons of Granite Rock

Blood Shadows (Blackthorn Book 1)
Blood Shadows (Blackthorn Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Read! Spot on PNR but new and refreshing!, August 11, 2014
Blood Shadows. Wow---This is one of those gems that when you finish reading it you feel so lucky to have found it. I read the 3 books back to back and as soon as I finished I began again. The twists and turns kept me totally guessing and that's actually pretty hard to do to me. I'm the type who usually can guess the ending of a movie or know where the author is taking me in a novel. Drive my husband crazy. But Kane??? Ah.... that sneaky, sexy, delectable Kane... he kept me guessing. Just when I thought I had him figured out and what he was going to do, he totally surprised me and the ending was unbelievable. There it was midnight and I didn't even pause before I began the second book in the series. (Blood Roses)
I loved Kane his character was so untamed, Alpha, and yet his love for his sister let you see his heart. The book spoke a lot about souls vs. shadows but Kane had a beautiful heart and soul. His need for revenge never diminished from the tender feelings he constantly tried to fight as he drew closed to Caitlin. The way Lindsay kept having him push her away because he wouldn't let his sister down made you love and cry for him.
Then there was Caitlin's attraction and fascination with Kane. It was absolute and established so well that their interactions were sweet, heart pounding, and left you with an overwhelming feeling of both their anguish at the circumstances that brought them together and yet was keeping them apart..
I loved the world Lindsay created in this series. It's different than anything in the PNR genre than I have ever read before and it was fascinating. That's why I just had to go back and read them all a second time. It reminded me of all the characters and what they were up to as the books progressed.
I love rollercoaster--the belly whiz they give you and that's exactly how this book made me feel. It was controlled by the author and left me with that satisfied feeling of reading a book with substance and yet that could give you that feeling of the rollercoaster dropping over the edge. This will be a book read and reread many times I'm sure. It's a favorite of mine already.
Wonderful read, Lyndsay!

--Kara Lee Lovell, Demons of Granite Rock

Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet Book 2)
Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet Book 2)
Price: $5.25

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG the Over the top In love!!!, June 5, 2014
I really like the first Dark Duet novel but this one... Wow it was so perfect. I loved how CJ Roberts started the book at the end and then had Livvie weave us back to what had happened. The story where it left off with Dark Duet Book 1... I'm kind of at a loss of where to even begin to write everything I loved about this book. It took you through the seedy underbelly of the pleasure slaves and their masters. She wove some of the characters from earlier in the first book through and into this book and it was perfect. I can't say I was shocked by this. Being a writer myself I kind of saw it coming not early on but when the blonde woman--Nancy was being raped I knew it had to be her before she revealed who it was. But that was okay. I don't feel like it was meant to be this shocking discovery. What was shocking and killed me was Celia and Caleb... broke my heart and then Caleb and Livvie before she ended up with the FBI. OMG! There were so many heartbreaking moments and I don't want to ruin the story but I'll just say I was impressed and after I read the last in the Dark Duet series I immediately went back to the beginning of the first one and read them ALL again. I was very impressed, interested, saddened, and filled with happiness. It was larger than life and sometime... a lot of times that's what I need. So, thank you CJ Roberts and keep it up!!! I want to read more books like this. There was so much more there than just dark content. I love books with angst. I'm a sucker for that and these books were full of it. Loved it!

Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet Book 1)
Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet Book 1)
Price: $0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!! Surprised, June 5, 2014
I was a little worried about even beginning reading this series. It seemed so dark and I don't usually read dark fiction. However, I did read consequences and I really loved those books. This book was recommended by Aleatha Romig at the back of her most recent book Behind his Eyes the Missing Years. So, I thought I would give it a try. And wow was I surprised. CJ Roberts does such a great job or capturing your attention immediately and pulling you into Caleb and Livvie's drama. They were powerful characters. I didn't feel like I was reading a book I was there. The cruelty... and yet it set you up for what was to come. And you could feel it. You just had to wait for it. It comes shining through like a beacon. It makes you wonder thought how she could feel anything for Caleb but hatred and boy does she at times in this book but you can also tell that he's pulling her in. Just wait for the sequel. I hate and love cliff hangers. Since the whole trilogy was already written by the time I bought these books all I had to do was loan the next book and I did right away. I was not going to miss what happens to Caleb and Livvie (Kitten) and it was so worth it. I don't usually read the dark books...but I'm developing a taste, i suppose because I loved this book. .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3