Profile for Kara Lee Lovell > Reviews

Customer Reviews: 19

Community Features
Review Discussion Boards
Top Reviewers

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Your Profile.

Kara Lee Lovell RSS Feed

Page: 1 | 2
Blood Torn (Blackthorn Book 3)
Blood Torn (Blackthorn Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood Torn—The Lycans—yum!, September 11, 2014
Just when I think she can’t get any better she does it again. She doesn’t quit. The twists and turns keep on coming.

This part of the series punched me in the gut. I thought it had the most angst of her series so far. In some places it totally ripped my heart out and felt myself shedding tears. The book has to be good to do that to me. (I’m a tough guy…not really! But it was awesome! I love angst!)

I think one of my favorite lines in the book is the “Vampires might bite, honey, but lycans tear.” Gave me shivers.

I really felt for Jask—it kind of surprised me after ‘Blood Shadows.’ I didn’t expect to like him after the ending of that book. But wow, did Pryor change my mind! She seems to have a way of doing that.

Discovering that Blood Deep, coming out soon might not be the end??? I’m so excited! I can’t wait. Whatever she decided to do I’m definitely on board!

--Kara Lee Lovell, author of Demons of Granite Rock

Blood Roses (Blackthorn Book 2)
Blood Roses (Blackthorn Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood Roses—10+++, September 11, 2014
I thought ‘Blood Shadows’ was great and it was don’t get me wrong. But I also loved ‘Blood Roses’!
Pryor’s Blackthorn series is a delectable blend of romance and Paranormal lore’s that twist and turn and keep you guessing. Just when you think it’s decided and everything is going to work out…Bam! Didn’t see that coming!

I loved the interaction between Leila and Caleb—the intensity and longing of their attraction to one another and on the other side wanting to do what they feel is right for their people.
I don’t want to have any spoilers—I hate that in book reviews—but let’s just say that Caleb was one stubborn, tough vampire! I loved him and wanted to strangle him at the same time. But therein is the rub and the thing that keep the interest and to story progressing and me reading until 6:00 a.m.
I finished this book in two days and then when I finished Blood Torn, I began again.

This series is for any PNR junkie. It’s a favorite of mine and will be one of those that I read again and again. It gave me chills and that—to me—is always a great thing!!!
Can wait for Blood Deep! Lindsay keep ‘em coming… you have a fan…and I’m not the only one!!!

--Kara Lee Lovell, author of Demons of Granite Rock

Blood Shadows (Blackthorn Book 1)
Blood Shadows (Blackthorn Book 1)
Price: $2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Read! Spot on PNR but new and refreshing!, August 11, 2014
Blood Shadows. Wow---This is one of those gems that when you finish reading it you feel so lucky to have found it. I read the 3 books back to back and as soon as I finished I began again. The twists and turns kept me totally guessing and that's actually pretty hard to do to me. I'm the type who usually can guess the ending of a movie or know where the author is taking me in a novel. Drive my husband crazy. But Kane??? Ah.... that sneaky, sexy, delectable Kane... he kept me guessing. Just when I thought I had him figured out and what he was going to do, he totally surprised me and the ending was unbelievable. There it was midnight and I didn't even pause before I began the second book in the series. (Blood Roses)
I loved Kane his character was so untamed, Alpha, and yet his love for his sister let you see his heart. The book spoke a lot about souls vs. shadows but Kane had a beautiful heart and soul. His need for revenge never diminished from the tender feelings he constantly tried to fight as he drew closed to Caitlin. The way Lindsay kept having him push her away because he wouldn't let his sister down made you love and cry for him.
Then there was Caitlin's attraction and fascination with Kane. It was absolute and established so well that their interactions were sweet, heart pounding, and left you with an overwhelming feeling of both their anguish at the circumstances that brought them together and yet was keeping them apart..
I loved the world Lindsay created in this series. It's different than anything in the PNR genre than I have ever read before and it was fascinating. That's why I just had to go back and read them all a second time. It reminded me of all the characters and what they were up to as the books progressed.
I love rollercoaster--the belly whiz they give you and that's exactly how this book made me feel. It was controlled by the author and left me with that satisfied feeling of reading a book with substance and yet that could give you that feeling of the rollercoaster dropping over the edge. This will be a book read and reread many times I'm sure. It's a favorite of mine already.
Wonderful read, Lyndsay!

--Kara Lee Lovell, Demons of Granite Rock

Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet Book 2)
Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet Book 2)
Price: $5.25

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG the Over the top In love!!!, June 5, 2014
I really like the first Dark Duet novel but this one... Wow it was so perfect. I loved how CJ Roberts started the book at the end and then had Livvie weave us back to what had happened. The story where it left off with Dark Duet Book 1... I'm kind of at a loss of where to even begin to write everything I loved about this book. It took you through the seedy underbelly of the pleasure slaves and their masters. She wove some of the characters from earlier in the first book through and into this book and it was perfect. I can't say I was shocked by this. Being a writer myself I kind of saw it coming not early on but when the blonde woman--Nancy was being raped I knew it had to be her before she revealed who it was. But that was okay. I don't feel like it was meant to be this shocking discovery. What was shocking and killed me was Celia and Caleb... broke my heart and then Caleb and Livvie before she ended up with the FBI. OMG! There were so many heartbreaking moments and I don't want to ruin the story but I'll just say I was impressed and after I read the last in the Dark Duet series I immediately went back to the beginning of the first one and read them ALL again. I was very impressed, interested, saddened, and filled with happiness. It was larger than life and sometime... a lot of times that's what I need. So, thank you CJ Roberts and keep it up!!! I want to read more books like this. There was so much more there than just dark content. I love books with angst. I'm a sucker for that and these books were full of it. Loved it!

Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet Book 1)
Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet Book 1)
Price: $3.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!! Surprised, June 5, 2014
I was a little worried about even beginning reading this series. It seemed so dark and I don't usually read dark fiction. However, I did read consequences and I really loved those books. This book was recommended by Aleatha Romig at the back of her most recent book Behind his Eyes the Missing Years. So, I thought I would give it a try. And wow was I surprised. CJ Roberts does such a great job or capturing your attention immediately and pulling you into Caleb and Livvie's drama. They were powerful characters. I didn't feel like I was reading a book I was there. The cruelty... and yet it set you up for what was to come. And you could feel it. You just had to wait for it. It comes shining through like a beacon. It makes you wonder thought how she could feel anything for Caleb but hatred and boy does she at times in this book but you can also tell that he's pulling her in. Just wait for the sequel. I hate and love cliff hangers. Since the whole trilogy was already written by the time I bought these books all I had to do was loan the next book and I did right away. I was not going to miss what happens to Caleb and Livvie (Kitten) and it was so worth it. I don't usually read the dark books...but I'm developing a taste, i suppose because I loved this book. .

Skin (Flesh Book 2)
Skin (Flesh Book 2)
Price: $3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Skin-- don't miss out on the startling discovery!, May 22, 2014
This was a very interesting, type of romance and I fell in love with Flesh. Skin didn't did appoint either. I usually don't read zombie-end of the world type novels. But the characters were so fresh and full of angst and emotion that I couldn't help but be enthralled. Keep them coming Kylie!!!

Wicked Nights (Castle of Dark Dreams)
Wicked Nights (Castle of Dark Dreams)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $4.27

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed whole series, April 8, 2014
Write more in this series. I enjoyed it and would read more in this vein. All characters were interesting, well-developed and I fell in love with them. The story-line was different than anything I've read before.

Wicked Pleasure (Castle of Dark Dreams)
Wicked Pleasure (Castle of Dark Dreams)
Offered by Penguin Group (USA) LLC
Price: $5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting world, April 8, 2014
I liked this series. It was a very interesting concept. Not anything I've read before. The characters were well-developed and enjoyable.

Would recommend if you like romance, paranormal and some thing off the beaten path.

No Regrets Trilogy: The Thrill of It, The Start of Us, Every Second With You
No Regrets Trilogy: The Thrill of It, The Start of Us, Every Second With You

5.0 out of 5 stars Regrets...no regrets from reading this series, April 8, 2014
This series was up there with the Crossfire Trilogy, the Driven Trilogy and others of the same vein. I devoured these books. Keep up the great work Lauren. I can't wait to read more from you.

Would strongly recommend there were some editing issues but the story line was enjoyable enough that I didn't care and finished the series. Very enjoyable.

Real
Real

5.0 out of 5 stars A fight for his life and for her love--Real Intense, April 14, 2013
This review is from: Real (Kindle Edition)
This book is one of the best books I have read in a long time. I've only said this about a fairly new author once before.

This isn't the type of book I usually read. It started out about a boxer, a fighter. I'm not usually into that. But it ended up almost being a metaphore--fighting. Because Remington "Riptide" Tate is in a real fight, the fight of his life. This is about fighting for acceptance and love even against your own nature.

I don't want to spoil the story as to why Remy feels unloved and unable to be loved--suffice it to say that it's a big deal and Ms. Evans has dealt with a huge social and pyscilogical issue in "Real" beautifull. And I should know!

I can so relate to Remy. This is something I've had to deal with all my life, the pain, the memory loss, the things I can't change and that aren't my fault and yet I've been made to believe they are and that I'm a bad person, a flighty person, an angry person. None is true and yet all of it is. It's a hard thing Remy is dealing with and Brooke through him.

Ms. Evans wrote Remy so well that I cried for him, as Brooke did, I cheered for him, and I hurt for him. I had a suspicion he was like me when he went--what his friends called--speedy, his eyes going black, and then when he crashed. I sobbed when he fearfully told Brooke what was wrong with him terrifiedd he would lose her when she knew.

Brooke too is a fighter going through a horrible loss herself when she is hurt and can't compete in her dream of running in the Olympics. She can relate to Remy on a deep gut-wrenching level. Brooke is strong emotionally she can handle Remy like no one else can and there is a difference between her and other people--she loves Remy. She falls in love with who he is, even when he's speedy or down.

These character became so a'reala' for me that I didn't come out of my room to eat. I read late into the night and only went to sleep because my eyes shut and refused to stay open any longer. I was up early to finish the wonderful 'real' story and journey of Brooke and Remington.

I understand there is a sequel this year about Remington 'Riptide' Tate and Brooke Dumas. I hope so because I think I might die if there isn't. Ms. Evans get that book out here front and center. I need me some RIIIIIPPPPTIDE!!! Remy! Remy! Remy!

Page: 1 | 2